Replies:
    Donated
    £75+
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • None
    Reply With QuoteQuote
     –  Last edited by Torinth; Mon 14 Oct, 2013 4:36 PM.
    U.S.S. MERIDIAN MAP

GENERAL IDEA
    The idea is to adapt the Endeavor map to resemble a prototype version of the Intrepid, people may ask why are we not simply making a new map? Well there are a few reasons,

With the timeframe it'd take too long to create a new fully functional map with the same level of detail as the Endeavor.
    It takes time to adapt to a new map and full explore it, where as if we kept the same general layout of the Endeavor new and old members alike would still be able to navigate the ship with ease.

The main areas of the map will remain the same to a certain level, areas such as Engineering and Sickbay, however certain parts of the Bridge and other Decks may be altered.

IDEAS FOR NEW AREAS
    We'll also be looking at adding several new areas to the ship to increase the level of functionality, alot of these areas will be simply for looks and won't have too many entities attatched to them.

AIRPONICS BAY
    Seen in Voyager to be a converted Cargo Bay the Airponics Bay on Meridian will be a fully functional bay, to allow for several new oppertunities within the SRP.

Airponics bay%2C Fury

DIPLOMATIC SUITE
    Due to the nature of Meridians mission it may be called upon to have diplomatic negotiations onboard the ship, and well... can't complain about getting a larger more shinier conference room.

observation lounge small

Much like the image above however there will also be a small sort of waiting room before the conference room, as well as a small office linked onto the side, and the conference table being much larger.

JUNIOR OFFICER QUARTERS
    As the Endeavor map lacks junior crew quarters and all around only has a few quarters which are designated for the Senior Officers we'll be adding a few small quarters wherever they can fit.

STASIS SUITE
    As seen in the episode 'One' on Voyager the Intrepid class had quite a fair few Statis pods, as the Meridian is an earlier version of the Intrepid it'll have a few Stasis pods which will fit into a small suite, housing around 6 pods and a control console.

320x240

AREAS ADDED

AUXILIARY CONTROL ROOM
    Since well... we all know how tricky it is to actually get to the Computer Core on the Endeavor without beaming to it I thought it may be an idea to add a smaller core within the Auxiliary room, which in itself will be the control point for all Auxiliary systems aboard the ship, the room doesn't contain anything special however allows for easier access to the Computer Core when needed during a roleplay.

AuxiliaryControl zps1325c54c
    (Ignore the blue and red nets, and the broken shaders image on the console. The MSD will also look Holographic granted I can get my head around the shaders.)

All in all i'd like to welcome some discussion on the map, ideas about areas which people would like to use within roleplays as well as just general opinions on the idea/map.

Also if there are any members skilled in GTKRadiant and would like to help with the mapping procedure, id more than welcome the help Cool
    Thanks,
    Torinth
    TorinthTorinth Medals
    • Highly Decorated
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Receive every medal the UFP has to offer

Grandfathered

0.18% have received this achievement

• To Infinity and Beyond
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Reach ten-thousand posts on the forums

Grandfathered

0.02% have received this achievement

• Pillar of the Community
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Be a registered user for 10 years

Unlocked Sat 29 Sep, 2018 1:05 PM

34.47% have received this achievement

• ...and On and On
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Reach five-thousand posts on the forums

Grandfathered

0.08% have received this achievement

• Correspondent
      Rare (50 Points)

Submit a Federation News Service article

Unlocked Sat 29 Sep, 2018 1:28 PM

0.43% have received this achievement

• Civilian
      Rare (50 Points)

Leave Starfleet for a career in the Federation Government

Unlocked Thu 07 Nov, 2013 11:59 PM

0.09% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • None
    Reply With QuoteQuote
    Liking the ideas. More crew quarters would definitely be something I would love to see. A lot of character development takes place in social areas but most maps lack a range of locations for this to happen.

I like the sound of the diplomatic suite, I was never a fan of the conference room of the Intrepid class. Could it be adapted to also suit mission briefings? I quite liked the briefing rooms seen in EF1 and EF2 so maybe something with a really nice big monitor and maybe a lectern?
    ChristopherHalsey
    ChristopherHalsey Medals
    "IMPOSSIBLE IS A WORD TO BE FOUND ONLY IN THE DICTIONARY OF FOOLS."
    - NAPOLEON BONAPARTE
    Donated
    £75+
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • None
    Reply With QuoteQuote
    I like the sound of the diplomatic suite, I was never a fan of the conference room of the Intrepid class. Could it be adapted to also suit mission briefings? I quite liked the briefing rooms seen in EF1 and EF2 so maybe something with a really nice big monitor and maybe a lectern?
    Possible, I want to keep the two rooms separate, however it may be possible to use the Diplomatic one now and again depending on how many people we have show up to a roleplay, and/or if we want junior officers to be a part of the meeting during the roleplay.
    TorinthTorinth Medals
    Donated
    £75+
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • None
    Reply With QuoteQuote
    Also, not directly tied to the Meridian map, but a map that i'm working on nontheless, please mind the blurry textures in the distance,

RPGXMap zpsc82ed002
    TorinthTorinth Medals