Joining UFPlanets Chat

Started By:
Solace, Sun 26 Jul, 2015 3:53 PM
Views:
Replies:
  1. Deputy Head of Administration

• Commendation
      Commendation (150 Points)

Awarded during the UFP Award Ceremony to those who go above and beyond for the community

Unlocked Sat 28 Mar, 2020 10:11 PM

0.22% have received this achievement

• ...and On and On
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Reach five-thousand posts on the forums

Unlocked Fri 14 Feb, 2020 8:03 PM

0.08% have received this achievement

• Pillar of the Community
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Be a registered user for 10 years

Unlocked Thu 11 Aug, 2022 1:05 AM

34.20% have received this achievement

• Editor-and-Chief
      Rare (50 Points)

Be Federation News Service CO

Unlocked Fri 10 Feb, 2023 3:02 PM

0.08% have received this achievement

• Admiral
      Rare (50 Points)

Receive a promotion to the rank of Admiral

Unlocked Sat 24 Dec, 2022 10:13 PM

0.22% have received this achievement

• Highly Decorated
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Receive every medal the UFP has to offer

Unlocked Sat 26 Sep, 2020 10:02 PM

0.18% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    Donated
    £50+
    Pronouns
    He/Him
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Bridger
    • Alpenglow
     –  Last edited by Jestersmith; Mon 01 Mar, 2021 1:09 PM.
    STO 240
    sto sfo sep

Using this guide
    Greetings Captains

This guide will show you how to join our in-game chat channel's for UFPlanets and UFP-TFO. We have our own special in game chat channel's that you can use to chat with other fleet and armada members. If you need any help you can ask in the chat channel and there should be somebody to help with any queries. We often advertise our in game STO events using UFPlanets chat 30ish minutes before they start!

Joining The UFPlanets Channel
    Star Trek Online Tab Configuration

If you are not already aware we have a global chat channel, which we use in all fleet communications, as it crosses with both Klingons and Federation Fleets and allows cross-faction communication. Please follow the below instructions to join this channel.

Step by Step Guide
    separator
    Joining UFPlanets in Star Trek Online

1) Right click any tab on your chat window, to open up the chat settings window or press escape and select 'Chat Settings'

20515688043 07461d4b23 o

21126610592 f528b3aa89 b

2) Once this window is open, click on the "Channels" tab on the top of the window.

3) Once there, at the top of the window type into the field at the top: UFPlanets, and then click the button to the right saying "Join" (in the image below the Join button is blacked out as I have already been added to the channel)

21110554256 4267929258 b

3a) Once you have created the channel it will appear in the window below (highlighted in the following screenshot) I have other custom channel here as I am a member of several DPS channels and the UFP-Embassy for inter fleet communications.

For our purposes I have highlighted the channel we just joined.

20948654340 7e9c97a5b7 b

The following guide will show how to create a new tab and how to configure it.
    separator
    Configuring Star Trek Online Chat Tabs

This guide will show you how to 1) set up a new tab that only displays UFPlanets and in Private Messages (Tells), 2) Select which channels will and won't be displayed in a tab, 3) Change the color of text displayed for a particular chat channel (so that we can tell them apart).

21136777795 a9c7c352d7 o

The image above shows the default tab "Chat". In this section we are going to rename this tab and change the settings so the tab only displays our ingame "Tells" and "UFPlanets".

1) Following the guide above, press Esc (Escape) or right click on a tab to open up the chat setting window.

20948654240 29f0512f21 b

2) Left click the button "New Tab" as shown above.

3) Our new tab has been created, but we're going to want to rename it with a functional name. I chose "UFPlanets". You can choose whatever you wish. Once you've selected a name and typed it into the box, hit the "Rename" button.

20948885258 485a2d304b b

4) You should see the new tab we created earlier. They should be checked by default when you add them. If they aren't, check the box next to them until they appear like this. They should be the only channels selected. For our purposes I have chosen our custom channel we created in the first guide above UFPlanets and I want my ingame tells to appear in the channel.

20949997639 0400c146e2 b

5) To show the Tells I receive ingame I select the custom channel by 'ticking' the box next to and then all my tells I receive and send will show in my new tab. You can do this with custom channels such as UFPlanets. Furthermore you can create dedicated tabs for specific functions.

6) Last but not least! We can change the colour of the text for our custom channel. Next to the custom channel name and 'tickbox' you'll notice a small coloured square. Simply clicking on this square will open up a wide colour palette to choose from.

20514130194 59913f3b8d b

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact myself via PM on the forums or any of the HoK or SFO staff.

Version 1.0 by Como. NeoTrident
    Version 1.2 by LT. Solace

Lieutenant Solace
    Starfleet Operations Away Team Leader