Community Log: Gaming Volunteer Stories

Started By:
Three of Seven, Sat 07 Nov, 2015 4:42 PM
Views:
Replies:
  1. Fleet Admiral

• Commendation
      Commendation (150 Points)

Awarded during the UFP Award Ceremony to those who go above and beyond for the community

Unlocked Sat 29 Jun, 2019 9:56 PM

0.24% have received this achievement

• Set Phasers To Frag
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Win an Annual Elite Force Tournament

Unlocked Sun 28 Aug, 2016 7:24 PM

0.04% have received this achievement

• Top Brass
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Reach the highest Starfleet Rank

Unlocked Sat 17 Dec, 2016 10:30 PM

0.03% have received this achievement

• To Infinity and Beyond
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Reach ten-thousand posts on the forums

Grandfathered

0.02% have received this achievement

• Highly Decorated
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Receive every medal the UFP has to offer

Unlocked Sun 27 Mar, 2016 2:00 PM

0.18% have received this achievement

• Hearthstone Tournament Winner
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Win the annual Hearthstone Tournament

Unlocked Mon 04 Jul, 2016 6:08 PM

0.01% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    Pronouns
    She/Her
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • None
    GAMING VOLUNTEER STORIES
    Greetings, this is my first community log as the Head of Gaming and I am bring you some stories from members who volunteer with us. Volunteers provide a valuable service for the UFP, without members stepping up to help out with events, guides or general administration, we can not offer the services which we do. By now, many know my history around here, but I will say in short that it’s a great community to work with!

All of our volunteers wrote a fair amount, I have done a bit of editing to just give a glimpse and I welcome them to expand further in a post if they wish.

ROSS
    The first story I share comes from Ross, who at the time of asking for these was a CL4 Event/Logistics Officer, now however, he is the 2nd XO for Starfleet Operations! I’m sure he has more of a story to tell now, but here are his words back then.

"My name is Ross. This is my name within this community, the name of my main Fed toon and, most importantly, the name I was given at birth. I am a casual gamer that prefers RTS games over anything else, but, as an avid Star Trek fan, I was compelled to give STO a shot. I joined this community shortly after I joined STO. UFP was not my first choice, but, retrospectively, it was certainly my best choice. As a novice MMO player, I was quickly overwhelmed by the many elements of this game and the members of this community were instrumental in my becoming a better and more productive member of this gaming community.

I became an ATL in late June of 2015 and since then I have hosted at least one event each week and I try to attend as many events throughout the week as possible. As an ATL, I am responsible for hosting events weekly, processing fleet invites, and promoting Cadets to Full Member status. I am also responsible for putting together reports describing the events that I lead. Recently, I became a Logistics Officer in addition to being an ATL. As a Logistics Officer, I am responsible for maintaining the Holding provision levels by slotting in provisioning projects in the Fleet holdings. I find being a CL4 a rewarding experience.
    "

SOLACE
    Having been a member of the community for some time, Solace has had a fair number of positions and experiences within the UFP.

"My name is Solace and I have been a proud member of the UFP for 3 years. I currently and proudly serve in 3 volunteer positions in the community as a Recruit Support Officer (RSO), Away Team Leader (ATL) and Quartermaster (QM). I play a lot of Star Trek Online in which I run weekly events for members of the community to come and earn some neat rewards.

My job as a Recruit Support Officer is to help new members settle into the community by providing crucial information to help new recruits get oriented with the community forums, Teamspeak and various aspects of the community such as our gaming divisions. As an Away Team Leader I always strive to host new and unique events within STO. Finally I also serve as Starfleet Operations (Federation gaming division) Quartermaster. My primary role as Quartermaster is ensure the in game fleet banks in STO are fully stocked across our fleets with crafting materials and other items such as weapons, consumables etc.

Volunteering in the UFP for the positions mentioned above have changed me for the better. Initially I was very shy and didn't talk much, but when I started volunteering the in UFP I slowly gained a new confidence and sometimes I can be the loudest member on Teamspeak! During my time volunteering in the community I have been able to hone my social skills, make new friends and help many people in whatever capacity I am able.

I highly encourage you to volunteer for a CL4 position in the UFP. It can be a very rewarding experience if you are willing to 'Make it so'.
    "

CHASE
    Finally, one of our newer volunteers to the gaming divisions, Chase, who joined the UFP from 12th Fleet now volunteers within Starfleet Operations as a Logistics Officer.

"My name is Chase both here and in real life. I am a Marine Student Naval Aviator in real life and big Star Trek fan in my free time. STO is my first and only MMO I have ever played and initially it was the Star Trek that got me started. I have played the game for years without being in a fleet and then finally decided to join 12th Fleet. Through some unfortunate turn of events, 12th fleet disbanded and very fortunately, UFP welcomed all of us with open arms that wanted to join them.

I have been a Logistics Officer for a little under a month now. I am responsible to ensuring the correct projects are slotted in fleet holdings based on provision levels. The other part of my job is to send in-game fleet invites and promotions. I chose to become a Logistics Officer because from the first day I joined the UFP, I got a great feeling about the community and realized that this is a group a people that I want to stick with. I also wanted to be able to help the community by volunteering and I thought the Logistics Officer position would be a very good opportunity to get my feet wet since I am still relatively new to UFP. I have really enjoyed my time as a Logistics Officer because I get a sense of satisfaction that I am able to help out this great community.
    "

I would like to thank all those who provided their experience and if you want to add your own, I invite you to post in this topic! If you haven’t yet volunteered with any of the UFPs divisions or departments, you can check out the listings here or asking any of the Commanding Officers for more information on what they do for the UFP!

Thank you for your time.
    • Paragon of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Sign three roll calls in a row

Unlocked Sun 12 Jun, 2016 7:04 PM

9.74% have received this achievement

• Dean’s List
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Pass all three Academy exams

Unlocked Mon 11 Dec, 2017 12:00 AM

3.98% have received this achievement

• Live Long and Prosper
      Common (10 Points)

Be a registered user for one year

Unlocked Sat 19 Nov, 2016 4:08 AM

96.32% have received this achievement

• Part of the Furniture
      Common (10 Points)

Be a registered user for two years

Unlocked Sun 19 Nov, 2017 10:03 AM

95.14% have received this achievement

• Becoming a Redshirt
      Common (10 Points)

Earn your first respect points

Unlocked Sat 25 Nov, 2017 10:01 PM

12.94% have received this achievement

• Command Material
      Common (10 Points)

Sit and pass the Academy Command Exam

Unlocked Mon 11 Dec, 2017 12:00 AM

4.57% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • None
    Thank you to all of you. Based on personal experience, a special thank you to solace. I was welcomed into this community by him/her and without having so much as a conversation with me, he/she gave me a tier 1 ship.

Solace definitely deserves recognition for exceptional generosity.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk