Community Meeting - June 2016

Started By:
Three of Seven, Thu 16 Jun, 2016 9:55 PM
Views:
Replies:
  1. Fleet Admiral

• Commendation
      Commendation (150 Points)

Awarded during the UFP Award Ceremony to those who go above and beyond for the community

Unlocked Sat 29 Jun, 2019 9:56 PM

0.24% have received this achievement

• Highly Decorated
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Receive every medal the UFP has to offer

Unlocked Sun 27 Mar, 2016 2:00 PM

0.18% have received this achievement

• Set Phasers To Frag
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Win an Annual Elite Force Tournament

Unlocked Sun 28 Aug, 2016 7:24 PM

0.04% have received this achievement

• Top Brass
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Reach the highest Starfleet Rank

Unlocked Sat 17 Dec, 2016 10:30 PM

0.03% have received this achievement

• To Infinity and Beyond
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Reach ten-thousand posts on the forums

Grandfathered

0.02% have received this achievement

• Hearthstone Tournament Winner
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Win the annual Hearthstone Tournament

Unlocked Mon 04 Jul, 2016 6:08 PM

0.01% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    Pronouns
    She/Her
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Stevie
    • Christopher Halsey
    Reply With QuoteQuote
    COMMUNITY MEETING - JUNE 2016

CL5/CL6 ATTENDEES: Three of Seven, Begotten, Britsurfer, Jonathan F-G, KerryMalone, Sammygm, Zach, McClintock, Bridger, Jordan, Sharpkiller, Mark Okuda, Chase, Noram, Dentari

MEMBERSHIP ATTENDEES: Infinity, Toanstation, Chugster, Enlistednut09, zoidberg, VonLuden, Stevie, Adster94, ridfrenzy, blitzfreigabe, Deltron, ridfrenzy

CL5/CL6 ABSENT: Christopher Halsey, Ross

NOTE: All text in yellow represent meeting action points.

QUICK INTRO
    Three of Seven introduces the meeting and explains the general setup. All attendees of the meeting are recorded. Meeting begins:-

MAJOR NEWS OR ANNOUNCEMENTS - Dentari
    • None at this time.

QUICK UPDATES
    • Christopher Halsey (MemExp): Chris was unable to attend, in his absence, Three of Seven went over the main points he sent ahead of time, you can find the full notes at the end of this post in a spoiler.
    • Jordan (Tech): NOTHING
    • Sharpkiller (Tech): NOTHING
    • Three of Seven (Gaming): Form created for CL4+ to request event page images.
    • Begotten (SFO): Hired Mark Okuda as Executive Officer, events will be held in the week towards the UFPAC including a STO raffle (for real).
    • Bridger (HoK): I have become the new GOD of HoK, hired Chase as my sub GOD and added Jovek and Gunges as Battle Masters. We are going to host Klingon themed events for the UFPAC and we will provide stuff to the raffle. AoY screwed us over big time. < LOLZ!
    • Britsurfer (ESF): I am the Executive Officer for ESF (Elite Strike Force). We have 3 new recruits awaiting Interview, but it's been a few weeks since we have heard from them, so PM's have been sent asking their intentions.
      Bridger had some technical issues with his PC, in resulting issue with the ESF video raw footage. Hence we had to shoot a few more training runs. Currently we have one at the stage that we awaiting to hear back from Bill to do the voiceover, then that training video can be finalised and send to FEO for their approval before being published on the internet. We currently host 4 events - STF Wednesday, STF Friday, Build Discussion Saturday and STF Sunday. We will be looking at the new expansion - Agents of Yesterday of which I am sure will be discussed later in this meeting.
    • Chase (HoK): HoK at the moment is a little short on Battle Officers or event officers. Job posting will be up shortly. We launched our Klingon Proverb Discussions recently with some decent participation. We currently are running 3 events: Ground Tour for Glory, Voth Battlezone/Intro to Melee and PvP Friday.
    • Jonathan F-G (FAB): I will be moving to close Internal Operations in the near future. IO Has not lived up to its founding expectations. After talking to my moderators, I will transfer the duties of IO to the Moderation Team. Following Sammygm’s suggestion, the Signature Team has adopted a new standard for CL4s. CL4s will now have a blue position title and border. UFPAC recommendations close in five days. Get Your Recommendations In PLZ!!
    • KerryMalone (SFA): SFA has hit the ground running with Recruitment, and Infinity has taken over the running of this aspect of our work. Further updates will happen with regards to what Academy intends to do in the next few months.
    • Mark Okuda (SFO): I am the Executive Officer of SFO. SFO is excited for AoY and believe that game activity will increase which will allow for hiring of more CL4 staff and will hopefully have more events to participate in. We do run Ground Tour Monday,
    • McClintock (OEO): Forgot to write in his notes.
    • Noram (SFHolo): Stellaris Support! Git it.
    • Ross (ESF): Not in attendance
    • Sammygm (SFHolo): Hearthstone Tournament is currently on its second round with Three of Seven vs Mark Okuda, and Sammygm vs Tatchi. We’re also hosting a small Joint Guild Event with the guild call scrumpy, https://ufplanets.com/events.php?481...Foundry-Mythic Anyone is allowed to join, but you will have to reach an item level of 715 before you can join.
    • Zach (SFA): Still looking for RSOs. Kerry covered everything else.

REVIEW OF PREVIOUS MEETING ACTION POINTS - Three of Seven
    • Kerry and McClintock to discuss ways to recruit armada members, this has not been done.
    • Three of Seven to make a post about event banners. This has been done - https://ufplanets.com/showthread.php...ng-a-new-Event. The image is for anything that falls under the event page.

AGENDA ITEMS
    Cadet Handoff, brought up by KerryMalone
    • KerryMalone will be working on a Cadet Handover process for the CL5’s, where when a Cadet graduates from the Academy, there will be a warm handover to the gaming divisions saying “Here is Cadet Blah, he’s graduated his exams, and he’s interested in Blah.” This will allow the relevant gaming division to extend a “warm handshake” to the member to improve the community feel of joining the UFP. This will go hand in hand with the new method of RSO PM which will be far more user friendly, and only contain one mandatory link which will take the cadet to the Community Support page, which will contain all the basic information that was previously imparted in a very long welcome PM. This will be introduced for the beginning of July, and will be a forum area in the CL5 area where an automatic thread will be generated. Details to follow at a later date.

Agents of Yesterday, brought up by Begotten
    • Since the Agents of Yesterday characters are not a separate faction but instead will merge into the Federation side of the game it has been decided that no additional forum section nor division is needed. The uniforms have to be purchased using real life currency so cannot possibly be used for signatures because the uniforms need to be openly available to all members.

CL5 OPEN FLOOR
    • Begotten asked to update signature.
    • Galaxy class build Bridger made will be linked on The Show podcast.

SPECIFIC MEMBER QUESTION
    • None

UPCOMING COMMUNITY EVENTS

ALL ATTENDEE OPEN FLOOR
    • None recorded.

Community Development

Firstly my sincere apologies for not being able to be here in person, I very much wanted to be able to attend but am unable to due to circumstances outside of my control.

Achievements: A number of new achievements are planned to be added to the Achievement System which are designed to encourage and reward forum participation in several areas such as debates, discussions and news, achievements linked to new members to encourage their integration in to the community are also being looked at.

Community Logs: There has been a desire for Community Logs to return. If you aren't familiar with Community Logs you can learn about them HERE. FEO are in favour of their return so my intention is to discuss how we want to re-launch Community Logs by the end of this week with a view to having Community Logs make a return by August 2016, I do wish to seek feedback from the wider membership as to content, frequency and involvement which could potentially delay the re-launch.

Link: https://ufplanets.com/showthread.php...=1#post_238063

Donations System: A proposal for adding to the Donation System has been submitted to FEO as of the 18th of May and is awaiting a decision. The proposed changes would make it clear that members who wish to donate but are unable/unwilling to donate money can also donate digital items and would introduce a clear process to facilitate this. This would allow donations to be more inclusive and to support future raffles and prize events.

FNS: Despite not having any staff the amount of articles being released has remained high in relation to previous levels for both FNS and FNN. The number of views for articles has increased considerably since the launch of the new site with typical views ranging anywhere between 200 and 700 views and a number of key articles breaking the 1000 and even 2000 views count. The future of FNS is something Three of Seven has raised and is currently being discussed in FEO.

Forum Activity: Episode/Movie discussions and Debates have gone well with increased activity and participation likely due to the implementation of a poll format for both, on average one of each is released weekly in line with FEOs targets.

Forum Participation: I've started some work on comparing our Forum Participation with other Star Trek websites, this is in the very early stages but so far in a number of areas we compare very favourably to some significant websites. It is my intention to be able to share exact figures either at the next Community Meeting or in a Community Log.

Game Database: Database of Star Trek games has been written and was handed over to Technical Services for implementation on the 26th of May. It covers Star Trek PC, Console, Arcade and Mobile games and is based on the same system used for the Book Database. An Episode and Movie database are to follow.

Holiday Events: A proposal for Holiday Events for 2016 was submitted to FEO on the 18th of May and is awaiting sign off. The schedule, which begins in July, allows for a minimum of one days activity per month and a maximum of three with more than 20 potential events including canon Star Trek events and International Holidays and takes in to account UFPACs. Activity for Holiday Events would range from a number of activities such as: charity drives, educational articles, gaming activity, live streams, lore articles, raffles, story competitions, teamspeak events and changes to the website theme for the duration of the Holiday Event.

News Area: Jordan and I worked on some minor changes to the News Area which went live on the 20th of May. This has allowed more articles to be immediately available in the same amount of space and I believe has contributed to increased view figures for older stories.

Recruitment: Recruitment has returned to and in some cases exceeded previous levels, with Recruitment now under Starfleet Academy participation in recruitment efforts has increased astronomically.

Questions: If there are any questions please feel free to submit them to me in a PM on the forums and I will respond as soon as I am able to.
    • Highly Decorated
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Receive every medal the UFP has to offer

Grandfathered

0.18% have received this achievement

• To Infinity and Beyond
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Reach ten-thousand posts on the forums

Grandfathered

0.02% have received this achievement

• Pillar of the Community
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Be a registered user for 10 years

Unlocked Sat 29 Sep, 2018 1:05 PM

34.47% have received this achievement

• ...and On and On
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Reach five-thousand posts on the forums

Grandfathered

0.08% have received this achievement

• Correspondent
      Rare (50 Points)

Submit a Federation News Service article

Unlocked Sat 29 Sep, 2018 1:28 PM

0.43% have received this achievement

• Civilian
      Rare (50 Points)

Leave Starfleet for a career in the Federation Government

Unlocked Thu 07 Nov, 2013 11:59 PM

0.09% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • None
    Reply With QuoteQuote
    Thanks for going through my points for me Three, very much appreciated! Smile
    ChristopherHalsey
    ChristopherHalsey Medals
    "IMPOSSIBLE IS A WORD TO BE FOUND ONLY IN THE DICTIONARY OF FOOLS."
    - NAPOLEON BONAPARTE
    • Gold Contributor
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Subscribe to a monthly Gold Subscription

Unlocked Tue 13 Feb, 2018 1:03 AM

0.36% have received this achievement

• Pillar of the Community
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Be a registered user for 10 years

Unlocked Sat 22 Feb, 2020 10:04 AM

34.47% have received this achievement

• Dedicated
      Rare (50 Points)

Volunteer for 1+ year

Unlocked Fri 05 Oct, 2018 12:13 AM

0.54% have received this achievement

• Ol' Chap
      Rare (50 Points)

Be Head of Starfleet Tactical

Unlocked Tue 03 Jul, 2018 8:20 PM

0.03% have received this achievement

• To Boldly Go On and On
      Rare (50 Points)

Reach one-thousand posts on the forums

Grandfathered

0.71% have received this achievement

• A Heartfelt Thank You
      Rare (50 Points)

Donate over £100 to the UFP

Unlocked Sat 23 Nov, 2019 1:27 PM

0.36% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    Donated
    £100+
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • None
    Reply With QuoteQuote

REVIEW OF PREVIOUS MEETING ACTION POINTS - Three of Seven
    • Kerry and McClintock to discuss ways to recruit armada members, this has not been done.

Can you elaborate on this?

QUICK UPDATES
    • KerryMalone (SFA): SFA has hit the ground running with Recruitment, and Infinity has taken over the running of this aspect of our work. Further updates will happen with regards to what Academy intends to do in the next few months.
    • Zach (SFA): Still looking for RSOs. Kerry covered everything else.

I been on and off UFP for some time, I did RSO work in the past, if you guys are still in need, I can fill a position, I just need to re-familiarize myself with Current UFP (which I am already in process doing).

I can easily give a free hour to UFP (Daily) doing RSO work, checking the UFP Community and posting actively again, but I do not want to take a position from someone else who hasn't had a chance to experience the joy of helping and training new members about UFP. I am sure its much different from when I did it.

- Lieutenant JCarrill0
    Former Starfleet Academy XO, Professor, & Recruit Support Officer
    JCarrill0
    JCarrill0 Medals