September Roll Call - Event and News Feedback

Started By:
Three of Seven, Tue 11 Oct, 2016 8:51 PM
Views:
Replies:
  1. Fleet Admiral

• Commendation
      Commendation (150 Points)

Awarded during the UFP Award Ceremony to those who go above and beyond for the community

Unlocked Sat 29 Jun, 2019 9:56 PM

0.24% have received this achievement

• Highly Decorated
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Receive every medal the UFP has to offer

Unlocked Sun 27 Mar, 2016 2:00 PM

0.18% have received this achievement

• Set Phasers To Frag
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Win an Annual Elite Force Tournament

Unlocked Sun 28 Aug, 2016 7:24 PM

0.04% have received this achievement

• Top Brass
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Reach the highest Starfleet Rank

Unlocked Sat 17 Dec, 2016 10:30 PM

0.03% have received this achievement

• To Infinity and Beyond
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Reach ten-thousand posts on the forums

Grandfathered

0.02% have received this achievement

• Hearthstone Tournament Winner
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Win the annual Hearthstone Tournament

Unlocked Mon 04 Jul, 2016 6:08 PM

0.01% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    Pronouns
    She/Her
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Eaglesg
    FEO 240

Last month, as with all other roll calls, we have a survey for users to submit a snapshot of feedback, the next will be in December. In terms of gaming, I will be looking at the event feedback, as the gaming divisions submit their own results, I believe they have all done so by now. I am also going to cover the news service feedback, although in December, this will be taken over by Jonathan F-G.

If you have feedback you want to give now, you can fill out the Feedback Form and let us know.

JUNE 2016 EVENT APPROVAL: 97% (-1%)
    SEPTEMBER 2016 EVENT APPROVAL: 96%

Most events during my time zone get cancel. Only did 2 events last week. None this week so far.
    I haven't heard of many events getting cancelled unless the host has problems making it at that time, if you let me know specifically what events those were, I will take a look. As for event coverage in other timezones, we are always looking for event officers to help sort this problem out, if you are interested in covering your zone, please volunteer! You can find the form to show your interest here.

The only event I tend to go to is the MIDAS Array Podcast.
    This personally makes me happy, it's good to have regular attendees to the MIDAS Array Podcast!

Is there anything that can happen for players who show up for events, but are dropped because they can't make an even 5 person team?
    Events should still go ahead with all the people who turn up, if they are being cancelled because a full team couldn't be found, contact the responsible division XO/CO or myself.

I find events appear to be very repetitive, not much variation within the events on the calendar.
    I'm sorry to hear that, but if you have any ideas/suggestions on how to mix things up a little, please tell us! The only bad ideas are the ones not shared, or something.

holodeck and tactical add variety to the list good
    Good to hear!

not been here long enough to make an accurate rating.
    Maybe in December.

good
    Great!

There need to be more non-Trek gaming events. STO is boring
    I'm sorry you feel that way, if you can pass on any suggestions for what games you would like to see events for to me, I'll be more than happy to look into it.

For those of us in the N.A. evening time zone, we have events 5-6 days a week. You can't complain about that.
    That's an improvement from past feedback!

The frequency is fantastic. As the STFs are the only events I have participated in I can only speak for those and during the runs it seems quite well run and organized. My only "complaint" is showing up for an STF event, being the second one there (30 minutes early even)out of 12, and yet being one of the ones "dropped" as there weren't enough people to fill up a third team, while others who showed up only as the event was starting got to participate.
    This is something you will need to contact the event host about or the division responsible for the event, usually a host will ask if there are any volunteers willing to drop out, the alternative is to create a team that finds pugs, or do a 4/4/4 so each team picks up one pug, this will be down to event officers, however, I shall raise it with division staff.

I havent join the events much, I apologize for that but it take place when I am cooking dinner and dinner time.
    I hope you aren't cooking and eating dinner all the time!

No real comment other than the community seems to be lacking or not interested. Probably a combo of both. Hard to put a finger on it, but if I had to the best description I could give is "Indifferent".
    That's a shame, I hope yourself and others start to feel less indifferent, we need people to attend events otherwise there's no event!

And now, the news!
    JUNE 2016 EVENT APPROVAL: 97% (0%)
    SEPTEMBER 2016 EVENT APPROVAL: 97%

Could do with more news articles but I can't complain!
    There are going to be some changes coming soon, so hopefully that will increase frequency!

They are good, there just isn't enough structure within FNS. I feel all it needs is a CL4 editor along with maybe a writer or two and allow anyone else to submit articles for review. Then the editor can go over all submitted articles, edit, approve and post any they want - with the authors being credited for the post, or even their user name used on the article itself.
    A number of changes have been discussed and I think you will like the outcome when they are announced, a spoiler is that Jonathan F-G is going to be taking over the overall supervision of the news and make the changes he needs. This is why this is the last time I am responding to the news feedback! The September feedback is from while I was mostly involved in the news.

not been here long enough to make an accurate rating.
    Hopefully you will get to see some more by December!

they are good - and getting better
    That's good to hear!

A lot of the articles aren't proofed, appear bland, and look like they've been regurgitated from other websites, with the exception of Chris' articles.
    This wounds me a little! Though I'm sure Chris will be happy to hear this opinion! I'm not a writer by trade, all I can say is writing is much harder than it looks or sounds, especially when you have dyslexia, you'll notice I sometimes use the wrong spelling of a word which sounds similar to the one I needed! We have taken on more writers recently and should soon have a new system in place to fix all your concerns, however, I'm not going to stop writing!

they seem to be good
    Good!

Get your Star Trek news at http://www.startrek.com/ or just about any other Sci Fi related news website.
    You could, but then you wouldn't be able to discuss it on our forums unless you posted a link to it here!

Why does one member of FEO write articles instead of FNS?
    Writing is a challenge, some people don't have an interest, I have an interest so I write stuff. Unless you are talking about Chris, then I am hurt Cry
    But we have got some other people writing recently!

I think a little more effort could be put in to the presentation of articles, make use of that one Editor you guys have!
    You mean KerryMalone? He's kind of left over from the last command of FNS, we haven't had the heart to tell him he's fired yet, though I guess here will do! But on a serious note, he's not currently shown an interest in remaining a part of the structure, although he could change his mind! The new system I mentioned earlier will have some effect on how things are edited.

New content needs to be added on a more regular basis and you need to be able to distinguish "opinion" pieces from "news" pieces. There is a huge difference between the two.
    I believe the term for opinion pieces is Editorial, we do have a category for this, hopefully upcoming changes will help to address this.

Keep up the work, but advertise them better!
    Thanks! If you have suggestions on how to advertise them better, I'd love to hear them, currently we post on Facebook and Twitter when we have a new article out.

One of the things that actually keeps me coming back to check the site. Cheers to the staff and writers.
    You are very welcome!

These are usually excellent, keep up the good work!
    Thank you!
  2. UPT Commanding Officer

• Gold Contributor
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Subscribe to a monthly Gold Subscription

Unlocked Fri 20 Jan, 2017 2:03 PM

0.36% have received this achievement

• Pillar of the Community
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Be a registered user for 10 years

Unlocked Thu 09 Feb, 2023 12:11 AM

34.52% have received this achievement

• The Ghost Writer
      Rare (50 Points)

Be the Commanding Officer of the Roleplay Division

Unlocked Sat 29 Sep, 2018 1:05 PM

0.04% have received this achievement

• Correspondent
      Rare (50 Points)

Submit a Federation News Service article

Unlocked Sat 29 Sep, 2018 1:28 PM

0.43% have received this achievement

• You Have the Bridge
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Attend a Bridge Commander Tournament

Unlocked Tue 10 Jan, 2017 3:45 PM

• Set Phasers to Stun
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Participated in an Elite Force tournament

Unlocked Sun 09 Oct, 2016 4:13 PM

0.08% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    Donated
    £100+
    Pronouns
    He/Him
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • None
    Love UFP, period. Keep up the awesome work guys Thumbs up
  3. Head of Community Administration

• Highly Decorated
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Receive every medal the UFP has to offer

Unlocked Sat 24 Mar, 2018 11:00 PM

0.18% have received this achievement

• Editor-and-Chief
      Rare (50 Points)

Be Federation News Service CO

Unlocked Tue 04 Sep, 2018 8:36 PM

0.08% have received this achievement

• At the Helm
      Rare (50 Points)

Be Head of Starfleet Operations

Grandfathered

0.07% have received this achievement

• Admiral Council
      Rare (50 Points)

Join the Federation Executive Office

Grandfathered

0.06% have received this achievement

• Admiral
      Rare (50 Points)

Receive a promotion to the rank of Admiral

Unlocked Sat 17 Dec, 2016 10:39 PM

0.22% have received this achievement

• Constable
      Rare (50 Points)

Be Federation Administrative Bureau Commanding Officer

Unlocked Sun 18 Feb, 2024 11:34 PM

0.01% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    Pronouns
    He/Him
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • None
    You mean KerryMalone? He's kind of left over from the last command of FNS, we haven't had the heart to tell him he's fired yet, though I guess here will do! But on a serious note, he's not currently shown an interest in remaining a part of the structure, although he could change his mind! The new system I mentioned earlier will have some effect on how things are edited.
    Cry You wound me Three... it cuts deep...

In all seriousness, I mostly stopped contributing when there was a lack of direction with FNS. If I had to be honest, my heart really wasn't in trying to go it alone after everyone left. Three and Chris were doing a pretty decent job keeping things going, but I really didn't feel a desire to contribute. I suspect I'm still on the roster because I was forgotten about, more than anything else!!! lol

What FNS needs is a new and dynamic team, with an enthusiastic CL4 Lead Editor. Jonathan is someone who can get things done, and I'm interested to see what he can bring to FNS.
    KerryMalone
    KerryMalone Medals
    I'd be delighted to offer any advice I have on understanding women. When I have some, I'll let you know.
    CAPT. JEAN LUC PICARD
  4. Infinity

Account Deleted

• Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Three of Seven
    This personally makes me happy, it's good to have regular attendees to the MIDAS Array Podcast!
    No problem Three! It's a good podcast! I highly recommend others to come and listen in also, it's a chill, relaxed podcast and the hour easily flies by when you listen in.
    • The Fool
      Rare (50 Points)

Got pranked on April 1st

Unlocked Thu 01 Apr, 2021 11:58 AM

0.46% have received this achievement

• Paragon of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Sign three roll calls in a row

Unlocked Wed 01 Jun, 2016 12:02 AM

9.74% have received this achievement

• Eternal Servitude!
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Be a registered user for five years

Unlocked Tue 06 Oct, 2020 8:07 AM

75.56% have received this achievement

• Tour of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

RSVP to ten events via the Events System

Unlocked Tue 08 Mar, 2016 1:04 AM

1.31% have received this achievement

• Well Respected
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Reach reputation tier 6

Unlocked Mon 28 Dec, 2020 1:04 AM

0.69% have received this achievement

• Dean’s List
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Pass all three Academy exams

Unlocked Tue 13 Oct, 2015 8:02 PM

3.98% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • None
    I miss our debates Klingon Grin
    Barol
    Barol Medals
    • Pillar of the Community
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Be a registered user for 10 years

Unlocked Sat 02 Jul, 2022 6:04 AM

34.52% have received this achievement

• Ol' Chap
      Rare (50 Points)

Be Head of Starfleet Tactical

Unlocked Tue 03 Jul, 2018 8:20 PM

• Dedicated
      Rare (50 Points)

Volunteer for 1+ year

Unlocked Fri 05 Oct, 2018 12:19 AM

0.54% have received this achievement

• Commander
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Receive a promotion to the rank of Commander

Unlocked Sat 24 Sep, 2016 10:53 PM

0.64% have received this achievement

• Paragon of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Sign three roll calls in a row

Grandfathered

9.74% have received this achievement

• Eternal Servitude!
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Be a registered user for five years

Unlocked Sun 02 Jul, 2017 12:04 AM

75.56% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • None
     –  Last edited by Marcus; Sat 22 Oct, 2016 9:35 AM.
    In reponse to the feedback that we could do with some more non-Trek / STO events: this week I'll be putting up a Star Trek Armada 3 event. OK, so it is Trek, but a totally different game to STO and the more people that join in, the more fun it is to play! I'll also deliberate with Sammy and Adster and see if we can put up a new Stellaris event soon.
    Although I haven't been that active with Star Wars the Old Republic recently, simply because there isn't enough time to play everything, I must say that it was a lot of fun and I had quite a few laughs doing so with other UFP members. So if you're looking for something different, that's possilbly worth looking into.
    A while ago I put up an inquiry on the Holodeck forums, looking for fellow UFP members to play Settlers 7 Paths to a Kingdom with. That offer still stands!
    Warcraft is also played by quite a few UFP members, I've seen events put up by Holodeck. If some UFP members would like dabble in Classic / vanilla Wow, they can also get in touch with me for some more info.
    On the whole, even though Star Trek and STO are the UFP's main focus, I think UFP offers quite a lot of alternative gameplay.
    You just need a dig around in the forums a bit and contact some members that have posted stuff there about the games they like to play.
    I'm sure a little effort will find you lots of different games to play and UFP members to play them with!
    Marcus
    Marcus Medals