Volunteer for 1+ year

Unlocked Fri 05 Oct, 2018 12:10 AM

0.54% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Eaglesg
    Captains Log, Supplemental - Stardate: 65004.04 (January 2, 2388, Time: 11:29:14)

We are now well underway to reaching Deep Space Nine, but it seems odd without the Admiral on board, he was with us for a couple of weeks and now the ship feels slightly emptier now that he isn't he, but this isn't necessarily a bad thing. Whilst I fully respect the Admiral and everything he has accomplished, patrolling the Hydra sector was proving to be more tense than I felt it needed to be - clearly he doesn't feel 100% comfortable in the sector, but he is still the man for the job.

I was wondering when we may have to deal with the Cardassian's again, since the Maelstrom incident they haven't caused too many issues along our borders, but at the same time, with Legate Havat being the head of the newly reformed Empire I definitely know that another conflict is coming. Since we are meeting another Sovereign-class starship, with multiple more on the way to the Cardassian border, Starfleet isn't holding back with this situation. I just hope that we don't run into many problems on this mission, otherwise it could become far worse than the Maelstrom incident.

I haven't ever met Commander Wilson, so this will be an interesting occasion, as I have heard good things about him, so hopefully this mission will go smoothly. With the two of our ships being the most powerful in the fleet, with the Andromeda's refitted systems and the regenerative shields, combined with the phased plasma torpedoes on this ship makes our two vessels ideal to deal with any situation. Regardless, the crew has never let me down, and I am surprised that Commander Larson hasn't moved on by now, as she has been offered several ships, but at the same time I am happy to keep her with me - she will be vital in the weeks to come.
    Adster94
    Adster94 Medals
    • Highly Decorated
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Receive every medal the UFP has to offer

Unlocked Sat 25 Mar, 2017 10:00 PM

0.18% have received this achievement

• Set Phasers To Frag
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Win an Annual Elite Force Tournament

Grandfathered

0.04% have received this achievement

• The Never Ending Sacrifice
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Win a Short Story Competition

Unlocked Tue 07 Feb, 2017 1:49 PM

• Gold Contributor
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Subscribe to a monthly Gold Subscription

Unlocked Mon 09 Jan, 2017 6:02 PM

0.35% have received this achievement

• Pillar of the Community
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Be a registered user for 10 years

Unlocked Mon 01 Jun, 2020 11:03 PM

34.22% have received this achievement

• Dedicated
      Rare (50 Points)

Volunteer for 1+ year

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Eaglesg
     –  Last edited by Adster94; Wed 06 Sep, 2017 8:28 AM.
    Captains Log, Supplemental - Stardate: 65026.22 (January 10, 2388, Time: 14:18:59)

giphy

We have made our rendezvous with the Andromeda, we ended up running ahead of our previous scheduled arrival by 20 minutes, all thanks to Chief Brex for pushing the engines to new limits. Now that we have actually met up, we can proceed to the Trivas system, once we have checked that every system on both ships is in the best of condition, as we may be going into combat within the next few days.

It is something that I am hoping not to happen, but with the situation as is I doubt heavily we will come out of the encounter without at least a minor skirmish, but againsst two Sovereign-class ships, I am hoping that they won't bother engaging us. With the disappearance of the USS Omega, this is an important situation, thankfully the ship was evacuated of everyone but key personnel so instead of 1000 souls being lost it was around 350, but it is still bad enough.

I received a message from Admiral Moorey earlier today, and he will be keeping a close eye on the situation, but he did request that I give him an update on any developments with this situation, which I am more than happy to oblige. Although, his interest in the matter is odd, especially with everything going on in the Hydra sector at the moment, then again I am sure he has his reasons, and I respect him.
    Adster94
    Adster94 Medals
    • Highly Decorated
      Very Rare (100 Points)

• Set Phasers To Frag
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Grandfathered

Very Rare (100 Points)

• Gold Contributor
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Very Rare (100 Points)

• Dedicated
      Rare (50 Points)

Volunteer for 1+ year

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Eaglesg
     –  Last edited by Adster94; Wed 06 Sep, 2017 8:30 AM.
    Captains Log, Supplemental - Stardate: 65026.86 (January 10, 2388, Time: 19:56:17)

giphy

We have now departed for the Trivas system, thankfully it didn't take us too long to double check the systems on both the Sovereign and the Andromeda, both ships are in good condition and ready for anything that we may face. It was odd being aboard the Andromeda, even though it is the same class as the Sovereign, it seemed like a completely different ship, that being said Commander Wilson was perfectly pleasant, and clearly capable - I certainly understand why he was given command of the Andromeda. I just hope this mission doesn't turn out to be too difficult.

Both the Commander and I believe that we will face combat, if we don't, something is definitely wrong. Sadly, I am fully expecting a situation to occur when we arrive in the system. I just hope that I am wrong, and that the Omega is actually still intact. Due to a lack of response from them and the long-range scans of the system not showing the Omega, it is possible that they are gone. We have loaded our newly stocked Phased Plasma torpedoes into the torpedo tubes, if we do encounter trouble they should help significantly.

From what Commander Miguel has ascertained, there are three Galor-class ships waiting for us within the system itself, somehow I doubt they will be willing to chance it against two Sovereign class ships. Surely they aren't ready for that kind of conflict? I just wonder why has Havat done this now, what is he up to. After all these years of silence from the Cardassian Empire and now they start causing issues on the border? Seems like no coincidence to me. I have contact Admiral Moorey to let him know of the current situation, he has advised Starfleet Command that more reinforcements should be sent to join our two ships at DS9, but hopefully it won't come to that.

We should be in the Trivas system by midday tomorrow, as we are travelling at warp 8 towards them. Hopefully we will manage to get answers.
    Adster94
    Adster94 Medals
    • Highly Decorated
      Very Rare (100 Points)

• Set Phasers To Frag
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Grandfathered

Very Rare (100 Points)

• Gold Contributor
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Very Rare (100 Points)

• Dedicated
      Rare (50 Points)

Volunteer for 1+ year

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Eaglesg
     –  Last edited by Adster94; Wed 06 Sep, 2017 8:32 AM.
    Captains Log, Supplemental - Stardate: 65029.21 (January 11, 2388, Time: 16:34:50)

giphy

We have finally arrived in the Trivas system, sensors are showing that the three Galor class vessels are still blockading the third planet, but we discovered something more disturbing. As we approached the system, sensors picked up a homing beacon from the USS Omega, this is the first we have heard from them since they entered the system almost a week ago, as this was the case both the Sovereign and Andromeda intercepted this signal, near the edge of the system. At the co-ordinates of the beacon was the stardrive section, but only the stardrive section...

Scans of the derelict concluded that the weapons that did this were of Cardassian origin, but it is different somehow, the signature is similar to standard Cardassian disruptors but mixed with other technology. Brex has suggested that they have mixed both Cardassian and Zephan technology, if this hypothesis is true, that will be problematic for us as the Zephans weapon systems were very advanced, compared to our own. The main mystery though is where is the saucer?

Sensors can't detect it anywhere within the Trivas system, but it could not have gotten far, maybe there is survivors from this attack, but it is obvious from the damage that the battle didn't last long at all. There isn't any life signs onboard the stardrive, with the warp core completely inoperable, we will have to save this investigation for after we have dealt with the Cardassians. We are now en-route to Trivas III and should be there in minutes. Hopefully we will find more answers there.
    Adster94
    Adster94 Medals
    • Highly Decorated
      Very Rare (100 Points)

• Set Phasers To Frag
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Grandfathered

Very Rare (100 Points)

• Gold Contributor
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Very Rare (100 Points)

• Dedicated
      Rare (50 Points)

Volunteer for 1+ year

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Eaglesg
     –  Last edited by Adster94; Wed 06 Sep, 2017 8:31 AM.
    Captains Log, Supplemental - Stardate: 65029.69 (January 11, 2388, Time: 20:47:49)

giphy

After delving deeper into the Trivas system, both the Sovereign and the Andromeda engaged in combat with the Cardassian vessels, after a brief exchange of hails - the outcome of which has me stunned. Two Sovereign class ships against three Galor class ships, on paper, would be a wipeout and considered overkill and yet...we barely made a dent and took more damage than expected.

Soon after we arrived in orbit of Trivas III, we hailed the Cardassian task force, and demanded an immediate withdrawal from Federation territory, followed by a smirk and closing of the channel they just opened up on us. I never would have expected that they would be that brash, but it was with good reason. The first volley of shots hit the Andromeda and managed to disable their weapons system, both phasers and torpedoes were inoperable - with just their first volley.

I gave the order to pull in front of the Andromeda to draw their fire, we managed to draw a few shots, but not enough to prevent moderate damage to the Andromeda before we managed to jump to warp. Brex informs me that he strongly believes it is our prototype regenerative shielding that protected us from that level of damage, as we sustained light damage from the engagement, even though we received the same amount of hits. The scary thing was, that we did nil to light damage to one of the Galor's shields...

We gave everything we had into attacking what appeared to be the flagship, and yet we barely damaged their shields. How is this even possible? Since when did they get such powerful shields and weapons to take on our most advanced cruisers. After a short analysis it was clear that the weapons they were using were enhanced from Zephan technology, and their shields must have followed suit. I have now informed Starfleet and Admiral Moorey of the situation. For the most part, I think we have a much bigger problem than first anticipated.
    Adster94
    Adster94 Medals
    • Highly Decorated
      Very Rare (100 Points)

• Set Phasers To Frag
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Grandfathered

Very Rare (100 Points)

• Gold Contributor
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Very Rare (100 Points)

• Dedicated
      Rare (50 Points)

Volunteer for 1+ year

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Eaglesg
     –  Last edited by Adster94; Wed 06 Sep, 2017 8:32 AM.
    Captains Log, Supplemental - Stardate: 65035.13 (January 13, 2388, Time: 20:34:54)

giphy

The Andromeda, after this recent skirmish, has been reassigned, something that I did voice my objections to but of course, Admirals always get what they want. Even though we managed to get out of the engagement with little damage, two Sovereign class vessels are a statement towards the Cardassian Empire, but pulling it back will cause issues. As much faith as I have in the Sovereign and her crew, we can't take on one of these improved Galors, let alone at least three...

Whilst at DS9, we did manage to affect the repairs necessary to get the Andromeda back to fully functional alongside minor repairs to the Sovereign, allowing us to get back to the Trivas system as soon as, especially after Miguel's latest revelation. Upon leaving the Trivas system, Lt. Miguel picked up some light sub space distortions from the fifth planet in the system, relatively near the hulk of the Omega, that must be artificial in origin, especially as they were directed to us. He theorises that it is the Omega's saucer section hiding inside the gas giant...

With this being the case, we have to go back there and rescue them as soon as we possibly can. I have sent word to Admiral Moorey and he has dispatched the majority of Task Force Omega to support the Sovereign and has granted me a battlefield promotion to Fleet Captain, an unusual but temporary title to lead the task force in this mission. When they arrive here in 6 days, as they have been granted permission to travel at maximum warp, we will leave to find the Omega survivors. However, we must wait for their support before we proceed, even though I don't think the Omega's crew have that much time...
    Adster94
    Adster94 Medals
    • Highly Decorated
      Very Rare (100 Points)

• Set Phasers To Frag
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Grandfathered

Very Rare (100 Points)

• Gold Contributor
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Very Rare (100 Points)

• Dedicated
      Rare (50 Points)

Volunteer for 1+ year

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • None
    Captains Log, Supplemental - Stardate: 65036.67 (January 14, 2388, Time: 10:06:33)

giphy

I have defied Admiral Moorey's orders and have departed DS9 prior to the arrival of Task Force Omega. Overnight, long range sensors detected that the blockade in the Trivas system had reduced in size, specifically down to one Galor class, whilst this is good, it is also bad...the other blockade ships have started searching the system, presumably for the Omega. I have contacted Task Force and they will be meeting us in the Trivas system.

Commander Savali believes that when we were leaving the system, the signal we received was also detected by the Cardassians, but it took them this time to determine that it was artificial and detect the Starfleet transponder signal embedded within the transmission to know that the Omega is still in the system. They are clearly wanting to either finish the job, or use them as a bargaining chip against us - I cannot let either happen.

Outnumbered. Outgunned. Our chances are quite slim, but the Sovereign is the best ship in the fleet, nothing will change that. Our only strength is our shields, keeping the shields at maximum efficiency is our only chance. Regardless, we are going to save the Omega's crew, otherwise they don't stand a chance, I just hope the Task Force arrives early enough to help us...
    Adster94
    Adster94 Medals