• Eaglesg
    Reply With QuoteQuote
    SFA SURVEY RESULTS

DEC 2016 APPROVAL: 99%
    MARCH 2017 APPROVAL: 98%(-1%)

DEPARTMENT REVIEW:
    NOT REQUIRED

SURVEY FEEDBACK

Need to improve on what to do for older members!
    Mark Okuda: The Academy's first priority is to the new recruits and supporting them and we continue to discuss ways to engage with the community as a whole.

Connor: We agree! This is one of our priority action points, and one that's extremely difficult to approach given the Academy's purpose. In my mind, refining how we approach and continually communicate with newer members is more of a current priority, given its importance in the growth of the UFP. Following our recent Department Meeting, there's quite a few ways we want to achieve this, after which we'll take a look at how we can contribute to the experience of the membership as a whole.

It's a difficult task that the Academy has never really managed to figure out, but one I'm determined to find a solution to throughout my tenure as XO.

LOVE THE ACADEMY!!!!!
    Mark Okuda: You love us you really, really love us. lol

Connor: The Academy loves you! Thank you!

No interactions with it too give quality feedback about it.
    Mark Okuda: We hope to change that in the future.

Connor: Understandable! The Academy struggles to reach outside of newer members. Directing its purpose to the wider membership as a whole instead of newer members is really our goal, but it's a challenging one that nobody has really managed to find a solution to yet.

I'm new
    Mark Okuda: Welcome to the UFP. Being new then we will defintely be able to help you and assist you while your here.

Connor: In which case, we hope you enjoy what you've seen of the UFP thus far, and hope you remain with us for a while. If you have any questions or issues don't hesitate to get in touch with your assigned Recruit Support Officer!

Starfleet Academy is a shining department within the UFP Community. The United Federation of Planets wouldn't be as amazing as it is today without Starfleet Academy.
    Mark Okuda: Well we truly appreciate that and we continue to try the best we can but there are many departments here in the UFP and they all do their part to make this community as amazing as it is.

Connor: Thank you very much! We hope to continue to hone in on our recruitment efforts and bring in some fresh faces to continue guiding the growth of the community! Any specific feedback you might have can always be directed to Mark or I, which we'll always address directly and will take to our Department Meetings for discussion among the wider team. We're not where we want to be right now, but we have a great team, and bit by bit we're finding our feet.

Does Starfleet Academy have any other positions other then Recruit Suppport Officer?
    Mark Okuda: We do have a Recruitment Coordinator as Connor has noted. But to answer your question, no there are no other positions in the Academy other than RSO's

Connor: We do boast the role of Recruitment Coordinator, which is typically treated as more of a Supervisory role with quite a bit more responsibility. Especially important in managing our Recruitment Operations, they ensure consistency in our recruitment schedule, work towards improving the overall process, and work in conjunction (mostly) with Mark and I to ensure we're doing everything we can to bring new members to the community through our supported forums. Tain is the current Recruitment Coordinator. If you have further interest in the role, I'd recommend contacting him.

We'd love to expand volunteer opportunities within the Academy, but at present there's no additional roles that are necessarily needed.

RSOs have a tough job and work hard. Hard to gauge their effect as it depends on the members themselves. RSOs are an resource, but not all members use them.
    Mark Okuda: RSO's do have a tough job but it is also a rewarding job to be able to help people and engage with the community.

Connor: This is really a key issue we run into a lot. The majority of new members will join for an in-game invite and will return only for roll calls. This isn't an issue, as everyone has their own reasons for joining communities, but it does make it difficult for us to gauge how we might improve the overall process. Regardless, we are completely happy with the function and overall engagement of RSOs. We all agree we can do more, and had a very productive discussion in the recent Academy Meeting as to how we might do that.

Mark and Connor seem like they do lots of talking but no actual work. There is no leadership and no originality which is kind of necessary for the Academy.
    Mark Okuda: I could not have said it any better than Connor, in fact I know I could not have said it any better than Connor.

Connor: I understand how this might come across, and I don't necessarily disagree with it. A lot of what we have done thus far is planning. Kerry and Zach left the Academy in a rather remarkable situation, and topping what they've done is a chore in and of itself. With that in mind, there's so many ideas we have bouncing that we just need to engage with. With the recent Meeting, I'm confident we have more than enough of a foundation to engage with, we just need to be more confident and proactive in actually doing in. I disagree with there being a lack of leadership but I understand the lack of visible pro-activity and think it's frankly very fair criticism.

Very welcoming approach to new community members, especially the personal contact.
    Mark Okuda: Connecting with members especially new ones has been and is the driving force of the Academy and this is the highest praise we can receive.

Connor: This is extremely pleasing to hear and is very much what we want to achieve with the Recruit Support Officer programme. That first contact in a lot of cases can very much be the deciding factor as to whether a new member decides to engage and get involved with the community or drift away. I'm glad the work of our RSO's is having a significant impact on the newcomers to the UFP!

I strongly approve, but I didn't get any news about my banner proposal Connor :p
    Mark Okuda: No Comment Wink

Connor: I'm sorry! Totally my mistake! I'll get back to you about this ASAP. Cheers again! Wink

Meow meow meow
    Mark Okuda: Name:  Motivational_pics-meow_Meow_Darkside.jpg
Views: 364
Size:  43.5 KB

Connor: woof woof??/

no contact anymore
    Mark Okuda: The primary focus and interaction of the Academy is on the members first few weeks within the community. We continue to explore ways to interact with the members after they have moved on.

Connor: This is sadly very true and often the case once a newer member has been a part of the community for over three weeks. We're looking at ways to engage and assist more people than just newcomers, but it's a difficult thing to pin down given that the Academy has always generally focused on bringing in new members and helping them settle. I think Academy run events could go a long way in helping us engage more with the wider community.
    KerryMalone
    KerryMalone Medals
    I'd be delighted to offer any advice I have on understanding women. When I have some, I'll let you know.
    CAPT. JEAN LUC PICARD
  2. Quartermaster

• Commendation
      Commendation (150 Points)

Awarded during the UFP Award Ceremony to those who go above and beyond for the community

Unlocked Sat 22 Dec, 2018 10:28 PM

0.22% have received this achievement

• Highly Decorated
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Receive every medal the UFP has to offer

Unlocked Fri 03 Jul, 2020 6:26 PM

0.18% have received this achievement

• Pillar of the Community
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Be a registered user for 10 years

Unlocked Thu 27 Apr, 2023 1:06 AM

34.20% have received this achievement

• At the Helm
      Rare (50 Points)

Be Head of Starfleet Operations

Unlocked Sun 14 Jan, 2018 6:00 PM

0.07% have received this achievement

• Dedicated
      Rare (50 Points)

Volunteer for 1+ year

Unlocked Fri 05 Oct, 2018 12:12 AM

0.54% have received this achievement

• The Fool
      Rare (50 Points)

Got pranked on April 1st

Unlocked Thu 01 Apr, 2021 11:35 AM

0.32% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • None
    Reply With QuoteQuote
    Ah, great responses team! Well done!
    Mack Medals
    • Pillar of the Community
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Be a registered user for 10 years

Unlocked Sun 25 Jul, 2021 9:04 AM

34.20% have received this achievement

• Dedicated
      Rare (50 Points)

Volunteer for 1+ year

Unlocked Fri 05 Oct, 2018 12:22 AM

0.54% have received this achievement

• Silver Contributor
      Rare (50 Points)

Subscribe to a monthly Silver Subscription

Unlocked Sat 29 Jun, 2019 11:00 PM

0.43% have received this achievement

• Dean’s List
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Pass all three Academy exams

Unlocked Wed 19 Aug, 2015 5:00 AM

3.99% have received this achievement

• Stepping Forward
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Going from Clearance Level 3 to Clearance Level 4

Unlocked Sat 29 Sep, 2018 1:28 PM

1.91% have received this achievement

• Paragon of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Sign three roll calls in a row

Unlocked Sun 17 Apr, 2016 6:42 PM

9.77% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    Donated
    £25+
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • None
    Reply With QuoteQuote
    I think the question or rather the comment of "no contact with SFA" comes about rather often and the response is right in that SFA has always focused on recruitment and orientation. The "contact" part in a gaming community usually comes from teamed events of which especially in STO, UFP on the whole (perhaps most are sponsored by SFO) has quite a few events almost every day aimed at teaming and just playing. SFA could act as a feeder to these activities and needn't per say have to host new events. Not saying new events are not worth is, new activities would be great too!
    Asimogorov
    Asimogorov Medals