Unlocked Wed 15 Mar, 2017 11:11 AM

74.95% have received this achievement

• Host
      Common (10 Points)

Host an event via the Events System

Grandfathered

0.98% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    Caught in a blizzard, and cannot see a thing.
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Caymen Greener
    • deuZige
    • Eaglesg
    USS New York, Shuttlebay

latest?cb=20121216020037&path prefix=en

Commander Ramus and Lieutenant Tygra was just finishing up the pre-flight checklist when Captain Wright entered the bay.
    "We will be ready to depart in five minutes Captain." Tygra mentioned while Ramus stood up and waited for the Wright to take her seat.
    Then Ramus double checked the fuel logs and made sure the inertial dampeners we alligned to the local gravity fields.
    Ramus then asked "Any more news on what to expect when we arrive Captain?" "No, nothing that they want to send that might alert anyone else listening." she replied.
    Lieutenant Tygra then inquired about his role while they were in the meeting and Ramus mentioned that while the area is secure, he should still keep his eyes and ears sharp just in case.

Commander Ramus got the last of the checklist completed and got permission to get under way. Captain Wright ordered Tygra to proceed at one quarter impulse to the facility. After about a ten minute flight, Lieutenant Tygra hailed to get landing approval for landing pad six and was told the entry would be controlled in by the facility's crew.

Mining Facility, Shuttlebay

Now landed on the mining facility, Tygra shut down nonessential systems while the Captain and Commander got up and straightened their uniforms.
    Ramus opened the back hatch and the three of them disembarked the shuttle. Wright motioned to Tygra he could join some of the other pilots and socialize while she and Ramus proceeded to the conference room.

"MX good buddy how are you doing?" Ramus asked the massive droid in the corner. "I am doing quite well, thank you for asking. Just anxious to defend the Republic against our vicious enemies." answered M1-4X in his booming reverberating voice. Big Grin

Captain Wright entered first and took a look around. She notice Admiral Moore going about the room greeting everyone. She overheard him tell Captain Faultish to have a seat while we wait for everyone to arrive. She chuckled to herself and thought if Ferengi were invited, there would be no seats left in the room.
    It was her manner in stressful situations to think of something funny to put a little smile on her face before approaching anyone.

"Hello Admiral Moore, Captain Wright and Commander Ramus reporting as ordered." she dutifully stated while they both were saluting. "At ease Captain, Commander please take your seats as the Yeoman will show them to you." Moore replied. "I will show them sir" Captain Greener started, "It will give me a quick chance to catch up with the Commander." Moore then said "Alright Captain, though be ready in five minutes. We will be starting the briefing then."

Captains Moore, Wright and Commander Ramus made their way through the others seated talking a little about how the Commander is taking to his new role as XO. And how he seems to be acclimating well to this time since they met on Starbase 11 after the temporal rift that brought Ramus and the U.S.S. Bozeman here.
    Once Ramus and Wright got seated though, Greener excused himself and proceeded to join Moore at the front of the room.
    Keenan
    Keenan Medals
    • The Never Ending Sacrifice
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Win a Short Story Competition

Unlocked Sat 08 Apr, 2017 11:32 AM

0.04% have received this achievement

• Pillar of the Community
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Be a registered user for 10 years

Unlocked Sat 28 Aug, 2021 2:05 AM

34.20% have received this achievement

• Stepping Forward
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Going from Clearance Level 3 to Clearance Level 4

Unlocked Sat 29 Sep, 2018 1:28 PM

1.91% have received this achievement

• Captain
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Ascend the ranks to reach the Captains chair

Unlocked Mon 29 Nov, 2021 10:23 AM

0.67% have received this achievement

• Command Material
      Common (10 Points)

Sit and pass the Academy Command Exam

Unlocked Sat 05 Aug, 2017 3:02 PM

4.58% have received this achievement

• Old School Gamer
      Common (10 Points)

Be a member of Starfleet Tactical

Grandfathered

7.02% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • None
     –  Last edited by deuZige; Fri 07 Jul, 2017 6:08 PM.
    OMG! You made me laugh so hard i da..rn near p...eëd myself! Massive quantities of kudo's for that one dude!
    Congrats
    DeuZige
    DeuZige Medals
    𝔡𝔢𝔲ℨ𝔦𝔤𝔢 𝔅𝔯𝔢𝔡𝔞
  1. UPT Commanding Officer

• Gold Contributor
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Subscribe to a monthly Gold Subscription

Unlocked Fri 20 Jan, 2017 2:03 PM

0.35% have received this achievement

Very Rare (100 Points)

Unlocked Thu 09 Feb, 2023 12:11 AM

• The Ghost Writer
      Rare (50 Points)

Be the Commanding Officer of the Roleplay Division

Unlocked Sat 29 Sep, 2018 1:05 PM

• Correspondent
      Rare (50 Points)

Submit a Federation News Service article

0.44% have received this achievement

• Set Phasers to Stun
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Participated in an Elite Force tournament

Unlocked Sun 09 Oct, 2016 4:13 PM

0.08% have received this achievement

• You Have the Bridge
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Attend a Bridge Commander Tournament

Unlocked Tue 10 Jan, 2017 3:45 PM

0.03% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    Donated
    £100+
    Pronouns
    He/Him
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Allan Hood
    USS Andromeda
    Near Starbase 39-Sierra, Sierra Sector

giphy

"Entering orbit of the mining facility, advised Ensign Wilson to the Captain.
    - Very well Ensign. I'll take the Freyja to get there, as the teleportation is risky under those layers of rock. Geoffrey, come with me."

As Captain Wilson and Lieutenant Mandel were heading to the turbolift, T'Tias interrupted them:
    "Sir, I am detecting traces of beta-tachyon particles within the system.
    - Ask the other ships on a crypted and secured channel if they have detected it too, ordered Wilson.
    - It was confirmed by Lt. Commander Hughes from the U.S.S Cascade sir.
    - Mmmmh... Keep monitoring that Lieutenant.
    - Aye sir."

As the turbolift doors were closing, Captain Wilson said : "Mr Dorcan, the Bridge is yours."

Freyja
    Enroute from the Andromeda to the Mining Facility

"Why the long face, Geoffrey ? asked Wilson
    - I don't know, I have a bad feeling about this...
    - You always do, pal"

Old Mining Facility
    Conference Room

As people were coming in, Captain Wilson paid his respects to Admiral Moore, trying to know a little more about the situation. But it was in vein as the Admiral was too much nervous, only asking him to have a seat while they wait for everyone to arrive.
    Wilson was happy to see Captain Greener, as they knew each other for a long time. Greener was one of Wilson's motivations to be Captain, before his journey onboard Voyager.

Conference Room, a short bit later

"Romulans ? Here ?" was thinking Captain Wilson.
    "Ok, why don't you all come up here towards the front, and let us introduce ourselves. Captains?" said the Admiral.
    Lieutenant Mandel was as shocked as the others, but as a Starfleet officer, he never let it appear on his face.

Wilson and him went to the the Romulan's leader and the Captain spoken for both of them:
    "I am Captain Matthew Wilson from the U.S.S. Andromeda and this is my Chief Tactical Officer, Lieutenant Geoffrey Mandel. I am honored to meet you and I hope that our partnership will be an efficient and productive one. Jolan tru."

"Very good, sir. You brought a tear to my eye. sarcastically whispered Mandel to Wilson as they sat down.
    - Oh, be quiet."
    • To Boldly Go On and On
      Rare (50 Points)

Reach one-thousand posts on the forums

Unlocked Sat 09 Feb, 2019 4:04 PM

0.71% have received this achievement

• Poster Child
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Reach 500 posts on the forums

1.11% have received this achievement

• Stepping Forward
      Uncommon (25 Points)

• Paragon of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Sign three roll calls in a row

9.77% have received this achievement

• Eternal Servitude!
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Be a registered user for five years

Unlocked Wed 06 Jan, 2021 11:03 AM

• Tour of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

RSVP to ten events via the Events System

1.31% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Eaglesg
    • Zairu
     –  Last edited by Allan Hood; Thu 05 Oct, 2017 2:51 AM.
    USS New York, Hoods' Quarters

Name:  Hood's Quarters.jpg
Views: 540
Size:  98.3 KB

After Lieutenant Hood finished his log, he turned for one last check on his sleeping daughters: his three-year-old Gracie and newborn Donna. Both, sound asleep, for the time being. Sammie-Jo, exhausted from traveling and taking care of the children, lay fast asleep on the bed adjacent to Gracie with Donna just within reaching distance.

"May YHVH bless you and keep you," Hood began. "May YHVH make his face shine on you and be gracious to you. May YHVH lift up His countenance upon you and give you peace."

Hood finished his blessing over them, kissed all three girls, adjusted his uniform one last time, and headed for the bridge.

Hood walked the corridors, feeling pretty confident in being early and finally earning his way to his first assignment aboard the New York. Hood felt like it was his first day at the Academy all over again.

“We’re just offering humanitarian aid,” Hood told himself as he greeted his new crew members, too excitedly. “Nothing to worry about; everything’s going to be fine.”

When the turbolift opened, a gold collared Ferengi ensign, stood before him.

“Destination, sir?” the Ferengi asked as Hood stepped in.

“Bridge,” Hood responded. “I’m Allan, and you are?”

“Otos Ekim,” he replied, “That’s where I’m going, too. I’m a security officer,” Ekim said proudly.

Hood, being of a smaller stature himself, couldn’t help but notice Ekim being a head shorter.

“I know what you’re thinking, sir,” Ekim said through sharpened teeth, “how can a Ferengi be a security officer in Starfleet? It’s okay, I understand. At least you didn’t come out and ask me.”

“Sometimes, the only thing more dangerous than a question is an answer,” Hood stated, “Rule of Acquisition: #208.”

Both laughed at each other’s perceived contradictoriness. Hood knew for a Ferengi to earn a security position, he had to be twice, maybe three times better, than everyone who applied. He must have had to prove himself over and over again. Hood then made the mental note to not get on his bad side.

USS New York, Bridge
    Name:  Bridge.jpg
Views: 537
Size:  59.1 KB
    They stepped from the turbolift and parted. Ekim walked straight across and behind the captain’s chair to the tactical station. Hood turned right and stepped onto the raised deck of the bridge. The duel station was occupied by only one officer while the stand-alone terminal stood crewed by a junior-grade lieutenant.

“Good morning, Lieutenant Commander T’Mir,” Hood greeted his superior. “How are you doing?”

“You are 52 minutes early, Lieutenant,” T’Mir responded with a raised eyebrow, without looking at a chronometer, still facing her screen. “As for this morning, it is neither ‘good’ nor its implied alternative, ‘bad.’”

“Yes, ma’am,” the lieutenant responded. “I just meant it as a greeting, just being friendly.”

“I know and fully understand your usage of the greeting,” T’Mir responded. “I am simply pointing out that one cannot state the unknown condition of ‘morning’ as perceived without adding personal feelings, prejudices, or interpretations to distort one’s perception.”

“You learn not to say ‘good morning, sir…’” the human junior-grade lieutenant joked over his shoulder, not lowering his voice. “I’m Eleutherio,” the science officer said as he turned around to shake Hood’s hand.

From the angle where they stood in relation to each other, Hood did not notice his cybernetic right-side of his face. Hood almost hesitated in shaking his hand, but, instead, pushed his prejudice aside. Hearing so many stories about the Borg from his father had taken its toll.

“Don’t mind T’Mir, sir,” Eleutherio smiled, “she’s only making conversation.” Prompting T’Mir to turn slightly with her eyebrow raised, again.

“Indeed,” T’Mir stated, “as you were Lieutenant.”

“Yes, Ma’am,” Eleutherio replied. “Good morning.”

“Mr. Hood,” T’Mir began, “please, be seated.” Hood stepped over to the dual science station and took his seat to the right of T’Mir. He quickly adjusted the station to display the science data to his liking and stored the custom presentation to the system.

“We are under orders to both monitor, and increase the sensitivity, of our sensors to detect tachyon, neutrino and plasma emissions,” T’Mir said. “There are, undoubtedly, cloaked Romulan ships in this region of space. Commander Ramus said that we may be tasked with locating, and tracking, their movements.”

“But, why would the Romulans be cloaked?” asked Hood. “We’re here on a humanitarian mission to help them…”

“Indeed, yet, these are your orders, Lieutenant,” T’Mir interrupted, turning in her seat to face Hood directly. “It is illogical, and unnecessary, to question these orders, being that they are lawful. Your effectiveness as a Starfleet science officer will be determined by your obedience to orders from superiors. You have been taught to obey, immediately and without question, lawful orders from your superiors.”

Eleutherio whistled to himself.

“Yes, Ma’am,” Hood said, “I’m sorry; I didn’t mean…”

“Proceed with your orders,” T’Mir said as she turned back to her display.

“Yes, Ma’am.”

The beginning of an uphill battle. Hood kept an automated scan of tachyon, neutrino and plasma emissions with a bonus scan of residual antiprotons, for good measure, while he worked to increase the sensors’ sensitivity. Hood worried that their efforts were going to be in vain since Romulan ships had not been detected giving off tachyon or residual antiprotons for nine years. Hopefully, there are not any Reman warbirds like the Scimitar out there.

Hood began modifying the long range sensors to utilize a multiphasic bandwidth. Though unconventional, considering it’s usually used to penetrate interference, he figured it’d be like scanning with a finer-toothed comb than the previous sensor scans.

With the new modified long range scanners active, Lieutenant Hood began running cloaking device detection simulations based off his new data.

While running the simulations, the computer detected, while scanning under the new bandwidth, a surprising dense ion trail on long range scans. Figuring the detection was left over from Starfleet’s vessels traveling at warp to the mining facility, he checked the orientation. They originated from the Neutral Zone.

But, why would one high density trail be so faint that it’d need a multiphasic bandwidth to detect it? Also, why would it be so dense?

According to the simulations, the faint readings could have been due to a suppressed warp signature, if the ship remodulated its plasma injectors. Standard sensors never would have detected the ion trail.

As for the second question, Hood ran a particle displacement analysis and found multiple subspace distortions on the same high density ion trail, instead of merely one left behind a ship warping into an area.

An image of a single Greek phalanx came to mind, marching in a narrow group, shoulder to shoulder, to hide their numbers. The evidence suggests that there are multiple cloaked Romulan/Reman vessels in their local area.

Hood then rechecked his cloaking device detection simulations using the multiphasic bandwidth scan. With his finer-toothed comb, he found that he could detect pockets of trace amounts of low density tachyon particles just before a ship decloaked. Additionally, each pocket of detected tachyon particles should have faint plasma exhaust trail left over by the ships’ fusion reactions inside their impulse engines.

Hood couldn’t believe the amount of time that passed after triple checking his findings. He turned around to Eleutherio, which to his surprise, was standing up perfectly as if he wasn’t tired.

Name:  080baa7decd8b943785a25babfc7bba2.jpg
Views: 520
Size:  53.4 KB
    “Excuse me,” Hood said, interrupting Eleutherio’s scans, “would you check these findings for me?” After a few minutes, Eleutherio responded, “I think you got it, sir.”

“Hood to T’Mir.”

“Go ahead, Lieutenant,” T’Mir said from one of the sensor analysis labs.

“I think I have evidence that multiple cloaked vessels have entered this area, including their approximate proximity. We should also be able to detect them right before decloaking.”

OOC: I will probably never write this much again haha this only happened because it’s Hood’s first time interacting with people. I’ll also break them up into two parts and release the second part later, if you guys want.
    AllanHood Medals
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Very Rare (100 Points)

• Stepping Forward
      Uncommon (25 Points)

• Captain
      Uncommon (25 Points)

• Command Material
      Common (10 Points)

• Old School Gamer
      Common (10 Points)

Grandfathered

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Eaglesg
    • Zairu
     –  Last edited by deuZige; Sat 29 Jul, 2017 7:31 AM.
    USSNetherlands

Bridge

Namre hLetik, of the House of Letik, was a Starfleet officer first and foremost. But that didn't mean he wasn't also a Klingon. And as such his passion, kills and instincts were at their best when he was using them towards an operational, tactical or strategic purpose. He had found that, being Chief Tactical officers , he seldom had cause to use them otherwise. It was no different when his detailed random scan of the area indicated an unusual amount of sensor activity coming from some of the Federation vessels.

Focusing his attention to those vessels showed him that their scanning behavior suggested they were looking for cloaked ships. Immediately he fired up a scanning sequence of his own, beginning to scan the areas in the Netherlands's immediate vicinity. He set the scan to scan progressively further away from the ship and in moments the results came up.

He was one of the officers on the Netherlands who were happiest when,during her recent re-fit, the Netherlands had gotten it's sensor capabilities back and now sported one of the most powerful sensor packages in the fleet. The upgrades were already beginning to payoff. There were indeed cloaked ships in the area. He could see traces of the cloaked ships dark matter wakes, when they moved through pocket of dark matter clouds. Though not a means to predict their current location it did give a means to estimate their general course and speed, at the time they cut through that cloud.

On the encrypted channel established Task force wide for Security/Tactical information exchange he noticed warnings come up from the other ships that had suspected Cloaked ships to be somewhere nearby. They advised him of their efforts to detect them with more accuracy, and their failure in doing so. He quickly composed a message in which he explained his method of using the dark matter sensors to detect movement of particle in a wake like pattern and howto implement it in the normal general senor programming. After sending that off he debated whether or not he should inform the Captain. He decided he would inform him, right after diverting the fighters currently on Combat Space Patrol.

Lt.Cmdr. Letek to flight Sparrow. We have reason to suspect several cloaked vessels somewhere very near by. I am sending a flight path through the system and the space between our ships positions. Set your sensor package to scan for cloaked ships.” he told the flight leader, Ens. Brokkepiloot. After the acknowledgment of the order his tactical view showed two little dots changing their course and heading closer to the Task force’s position.

He doubted that their senors would be able to pick up on the cloaked ships but having two fighter craft buzzing around and potential collide with your cloaked ship would feel really uncomfortable fort hem real quickly. He knew he was playing a potentially dangerous game, and was doing so without consulting the Captain, but he felt it was more like accepting the challenge by the cloaked vessels they made by being cloaked in the first place.

ConferenceRoom

Letek to Faultish. Captain we have reason to believe there are cloaked vessels moving around the area. I have ordered the CSP to thread through the Task force’s position with their scanners peeled for cloaked ships in an attempt to find them and possibly persuade them to de cloak.” the Klingon's deep bass voice intoned moments later when he contacted the Captain.

Having known the Klingon for a long time Keash knew exactly what the Klingon was up to. For a moment though Keash considered the question who the mysterious ships could belong to. The primary candidates were of course the Romulans and the Klingons. The former should have no cause to hide themselves however, being in their own space and being allies of the Federation. The latter would not have come this close to the base or the ships forming the task fleet being in Romulus space and technically committing an act of war.

So Keash guessed it was likely to either be ships from the Romulan's infamous Tal Shiar, which had risen like a phoenix from their ashes every single time circumstances had conspired against them. The second most likely possibility was the cloaked ships to belong to one of the more powerful and wealthier criminal organizations. Since the Dominion war had ended it had slowly become clear that battle sites had been swarming with salvagers as soon as the fighting stopped to salvage any and all usable bits of cloaking tech that Romulan,Klingon or Dominion derelicts and wrecks might still contain. That salvage was then squired swiftly by organizations like the White Sun or the Orian Cartel.

That meant that whoever it turned out to be would de-cloak with shields up and weapons charged. They'd attack, use the response lag the surprise factor would give them to set a course, and then warp out of here as fast and as far as they could.

Acknowledged Mr. Letek. Please inform the rest of the task force of the intended effect of the CSP's change in flight plan. Go to yellow alert until we know who we're dealing with. Our hidden guests might not respond well to exposure, especially the involuntary kind.” Keash ordered.Then something came to mind. “Mr. Letek, is there any reason I am hearing this from you as opposed to Commander Mik?”

Commander Mik is in sickbay sir, receiving treatment for a minor injury. He should be here shortly.” Letek said, a small but genuine smile breaking through to his expression.

After a short moment of Keash waiting for the Klingon to elaborate Keash decided this wasn't the time or place for that and to trust his officers to do their duties admirably. If it was important for him to know more about the injury, they'd have told him. “Understood.Carry on. Faultish out.” he told the Klingon and closed the comm channel. “If those ships aren't Romulan then the Romulans probably think it as likely that they are ours, as it is likely to be either Klingons or Criminals.” Amard Neeuq told the Captain, confirming he had overheard.

Neeuq's warning was logical and gave Keash a course of action that might serve to gain some trust with the Romulans but just as likely might escalate the situation towards the flash point if they were in fact the ones having cloaked ships move among their positions for whatever purpose it may be. He stood and walked briskly to Captain Greener who had taken up position to stand beside the Admiral and the Romulan S'Havraha, who was being introduced to each delegation of the taskforce.

Ina voice loud enough for both the Admiral and the Romulan to hear he said

Excuse me Captain, I’ve just...”

but got no farther as several comm. Systems simultaneously demanded the attention of the Captain's in the room.

In space, near Star base 39-Sierra, Sierra Sector

Ensign Brokkepiloot smiled despite himself as he noticed that his wing man,ens. Radic, was using their loosely defined route through the positions of the task force’s various ships as an opportunity to indulge his urge to take the fighter's maximum envelope as a standard operating procedure. A simple course change 90 degrees starboard was turned into a half barrel roll while using a thruster blast to flick the fighter around on its axle followed by a stem thruster blast to prevent the kinetic energy this maneuver imparted on the fighter to be converted into forward momentum speeding up the fighter so it would shoot past Brokkepiloot's Sparrow and instead slot right back into formation to the aft and port side of Brokkepiloot's ship.

He understood the temptation that the Sparrow's performance and maneuverability formed for a pilot. He felt it himself. The Sparrow was so nimble and strong that it's envelope would never really be tested as the stresses on the pilot's body would incapacitate said pilot before coming near the fighter's maximum capabilities. He had himself been incapable of flying from a to b in a straight line for much of his early career. Nevertheless this was an area where cloaked ships were suspected to be moving about. It was time to snap the young wing man out of it and have him refocus on the mission objectives and lookout for suddenly appearing star ship’s directly in their flight path.

Sparrow 1 to Sparrow 2, Stop goofing around and stay in formation. We're not….” words died in his throat as he sucked in a gulp of air in surprise and immediately slammed the stick forward and to starboardas far as they'd go. The fighter's nose dipped while the fighter turned on its longitudinal axis so fast the compensator failed to keep up and Brokkepiloot's helmet was bonked onto the ♥♥♥♥pit's dome by the G-force the sudden maneuver imparted on the pilot's head.

In the space directly in front of the y-wing, which was empty mere second ago, was now filled with the mass and bulk of uncloaking starship. The Sparrow missed the ship by all of 2 centimeters. Behind him a little squeal had accompanied whatever maneuver Renec had embarked on to avoid smashing into the uncloaking ships and Brokkepiloot half expected the next sounds he'd hear through the helmet's speakers to be the static that would be the score to the bright flash of an anti matter reactor annihilation as the Sparrow's power plant was made contact with the hull of the uncloaking ship.

As plit second later relief flooded through him seeing Sparrow 2 a meter to the aft and to the port of his own. How Renec had managed to get back into formation that quickly Brokkenpiloot could only guess,but it didn't matter at that point either. The hiding ships had been forced into the open and now every sensor in the system showed the trio of ships in the center between the positions of the ships in the Task force. Comms were being opened from the ships to the delegation members from each of those ships.

ConferenceRoom

All the messages the comm badges of the Captains relayed from their respective crews were in principle the same, and Keash half smiling and half scowling finished what he was saying to Captain Greener before he was cut off abruptly by the comms going off;

...been informed of cloaked ships in the area.”

He than looked kind of sheepishly around the room at his fellow officers, like a boy admitting reluctantly he'd done something bad before he added;

it seems the Sparrows been able to convince them to turn off their cloaking devices when they were winding their way through the positions of the ships in the task force, sir.”

Oops, went a bit overboard i think. My apologies.
    DeuZige
    DeuZige Medals
    𝔡𝔢𝔲ℨ𝔦𝔤𝔢 𝔅𝔯𝔢𝔡𝔞
    • Gold Contributor
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Unlocked Sat 27 Jun, 2020 11:07 PM

• Dedicated
      Rare (50 Points)

Volunteer for 1+ year

Unlocked Fri 05 Oct, 2018 12:21 AM

0.54% have received this achievement

• A Heartfelt Thank You
      Rare (50 Points)

Donate over £100 to the UFP

Unlocked Tue 04 May, 2021 1:04 PM

0.37% have received this achievement

• Silver Contributor
      Rare (50 Points)

Subscribe to a monthly Silver Subscription

0.43% have received this achievement

• Tour of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Unlocked Tue 09 May, 2017 9:00 PM

• Dean’s List
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Pass all three Academy exams

Unlocked Thu 23 Feb, 2017 4:03 AM

3.99% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Caymen Greener
     –  Last edited by Zairu; Thu 31 Aug, 2017 4:10 AM.
    Originally Posted by OOC
    First off I would like to apologize for the delay in my response
    Sierra-39 sector
    Task Force Ares – Mission Command

The commander entered into the briefing room, he already spotted Commander Tain of the pearson, walking right up to where the Admiral and Captain Greener were standing.

The two exchange pleasantries and shake hands, recalling an incident on a former mission, Captain Greener was Zairu's prior department head onboard the Fitzgeraldand then chuckling over it.

Then shaking hands with and reporting to the Admiral. "Sir, Commander Zechary Kiritana reporting as ordered." "Good morning Commander, please take your seat, " that struck the commander at odds, because from what he had heard of the Admiral, he was quite a pleasant fellow who was keen to talk." "Very well sir." replied the young commander, taking his seat on the left front with LCDR Teran after being directed there by the Admirals yeoman.

"What do you think that was all about?" Teran asked Zechary, "It means that things are far more serious then we might have thought, keep your eyes and ears open."

The camera then fades to black, then out to the Ship, *insert Akira beauty shot here*

U.S.S. Cascade
    Bridge

Lieutenant Commander Woffirc, and Lieutenant Commander Selaran please report to the bridge, chimed the ships internal communications circuits. Shortly thereafter the Tellarite and Andorian stepped off the turbo lift and on to the bridge.

LCDR Hughes was sitting in the Executive Officers chair as he gestured over to the head of science and engineering departments. “As you both know, Selaran discovered traces of radiation that may indicate the presence of a cloaked vessel, what are your thoughts about the present situation, given what we know of the situation with the Romulans?”

“Sir, I believe that we should be on guard the readings that I picked up aren’t very conclusive.” Stated the head of science. “I don’t know if there is just one vessel or many vessels around, I would suggest raising our shields and assuming a defensive posture over the asteroid.” Mr. Hughes could tell that she was worried, he couldn’t blame her really the Cascade hasn’t really been battle tested and her CO and Flight Ops officer was on the mining base, if they raised shields they would be unable to communicate with the ship.

The Engineering officer just stood by thinking and analyzing, “Sir, I believe that it would be prudent to contact Teran on the surface, she is acting solely in a bodyguard type activity, and thus she is our liason between us. As XO it is your call sir.”

“Very well, I will contact Teran, I need you down in engineering Mr. Woffirc and I would like you on the bridge Selaran, we need those eyes of yours up here.”
    The XO then grabbed his pad and entered in Selarans com-codes and sent her the following message.

"Selaran, we have just confirmed the presence of Romulan vessels in the area, we are unaware of the current number of cloaked vessles, there could be 1, or there could be many more. The Cascade is launching fighters and raising a defensive posture over the asteroid mining base. Please inform the Captain as soon as possible for direction and guidance. We are working with the-"

"Sir, we have just detected transporter signals, they're beaming down!" "Yellow alert, shields up, prepare the runabout with security teams, all hands, man your battle stations."

The Klaxxons rang throughout the ship and the crew rushed to their stations, the hum from the engines increased and then died, lights flickered on the tactical displays and then shut down. The ship was then listing to port. "Bridge to chief Engineer, what the hell just happened?"

"We have an EPS issue here, one of the engines plasma flow was blocked causing it to enter failsafe, and when it did that it fed-back all that energy back into the core, I am going to have to divert engine power from the starboard engine to the shields for the time being, I already have crews working on weapons back online, might take about an hour."

"You don't have an hour, transporter signals were just detected, we might just be in a fight sooner then later, keep me informed, bridge out."

Sierra-39 sector
    Task Force Ares – Mission Command

The Commander overheard Seleran explain to Mister Hughes to "Stand down, they're friendly." as he got up and chucked at someone's accurate representation of the Romulans political maneuvering. Walking up to the romulans he stretched his hand out to them, in a gesture of friendship, much to his surprise, the leader took the handshake. "I am Commander Kiritana, of the USS Cascade, I look forward to working together." "Thank you, Commander, I am Riov S'Havraha of the IRW Cumaen" Stated the Romulan. "I look forward to working together as well."

Commander Kiritana then re-took his seat and tapped his combadge "Kiritana to Hughes" "Yessir?" "Good job on getting the word out to the fleet, I want a full report when I return to the ship, looks like we might here here for awhile longer yet." "Aye sir, but you won't like it."

The Romulan appearance did great things for the attitude in the room, the air was alive with anticipation and eagerness, everyone was excited to get things started. Even if no one would openly admit it, growing up Kiritana was fascinated by the romulans, they were one of the more "unknowns" in the Quadrant even after the Dominion war, as they retreated back to their own space.
    ZairuKiritana Medals
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Very Rare (100 Points)

• Stepping Forward
      Uncommon (25 Points)

• Captain
      Uncommon (25 Points)

• Command Material
      Common (10 Points)

• Old School Gamer
      Common (10 Points)

Grandfathered

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Zairu
    Sierra-39 sector - IRS Khellian

With a sigh the Commander of the Romulan Intelligence war-bird Khellian let his head fall into his hand before regaining his composure. He couldn't believe they had been forced to drop cloak and raise shields simply by the imminent threat of collision with a pair of federation fighters.

Turning to face his tactical officer he strained to keep his voice level and free of emotion. "Re-establish cloak" he ordered and then turned to the helm. "Set course heading 080 mark 2 and engage at warp 1" he said, while his mind was analyzing the past few minutes. It had seemed like a good strategy, moving under cloak into the midst of the assembled Starfleet vessels. That would be the place where the least sensors were pointed at and which would be free of any fighter patrols the Starfleet vessels would send out.

The sensor activity had shown that the Starfleet vessels had picked up some inclination of some cloaked activity but as suspected the sensors were mostly pointed outward from the Starfleet ship's positions. The fighter vessels sent out also followed the predicted course, and when the Romulan delegation had presented itself at the mining fascility Kehlan had suspected the Federation's suspicions would have been satisfied.

The erratic and seemingly random change in the course of two fighters, who'd been more or less following expected combat space patrol courses, had cought Kehlan by complete surprise. Before he'd been able to formulate a response the pair had entered in between the Federation vessel's positions and came barreling down toward the Khellian on a collision course. The young and inexperienced officer at tactical did what his training had taught him, protect the ship by raising shields, dropping the cloak in the process.

An unfortunate setback, to say the least. The Khellian had been in the perfect position to deploy a burrower listening device and listen in on the Romulan/Federation discussions taking place on the mining fascility. Now the Romulan military knew of Intelligence's awareness of. and interest in, their collaborations with Starfleet. What Starfleet would make of the Lhellian covert presence and subsequent hasty departure was difficult to predict. All in all, Khelan surmised as the main viewer showed the visual effects of his ship going to warp, it would take a lot of work for the intelligence agency of the Romulan Empire to get back to Tal Shiar levels of excellence.

"Helm, plot a circuitous course back to the perimeter of the mining facility, keep us at maximum sensor range" Kehlan ordered, hoping an opportunity for intelligence gathering would present itself after all.
    DeuZige
    DeuZige Medals
    𝔡𝔢𝔲ℨ𝔦𝔤𝔢 𝔅𝔯𝔢𝔡𝔞
    • To Boldly Go On and On
      Rare (50 Points)

• Poster Child
      Uncommon (25 Points)

• Stepping Forward
      Uncommon (25 Points)

• Paragon of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

• Eternal Servitude!
      Uncommon (25 Points)

• Tour of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • None
     –  Last edited by Allan Hood; Wed 25 Oct, 2017 9:32 PM.
    USS New York, Holodeck

“Computer, Randori: Level 3,” said Allan Hood. Three humanoid attackers appeared: an empty-handed Bajoran, an Andorian with a dagger, and a Klingon holding a bat’leth. Then, the yellow lattice grid dissolved to a dense woodland near dusk. Hood designed the program so that each level corresponded to the number of attackers, but the species of the attackers, weapons, and the environment, were randomized.

Name:  Holodeck_empty.jpg
Views: 496
Size:  188.1 KB

Hood slowly turned his head to the left, then to the right. He tried to sense where each combatant was based on sound and using peripheral vision as they circled him.

The Andorian reached Hood first from behind his left shoulder. Hood pivoted on his left heal to face his assailant and catch his attacking arm gripping the dagger. Hood grabbed the Andorian’s elbow, to keep him from withdrawing and guided the Andorian’s attack with his left hand. Hood then passed under the Andorian’s arm, locking it and pushing down just short of the breaking point. Hood then stepped and pivoted, throwing the Andorian into the simultaneously attacking Bajoran at full force.

As the two collapsed into a momentary heap, the Klingon’s bat’leth came down toward Hood’s head. Hood side-stepped to the Klingon’s right, barely ducking under the bat’leth as swooshed past his right ear. Hood pivoted on his left heal, back-stepped and landed behind the Klingon warrior. The Klingon quickly corrected his attack and swung the bat’leth to the right, back toward Hood, as Hood wanted.

The science officer stood ready for this expected alteration. As the Klingon’s blade veered toward Hood, the warrior’s sword extended past Hood’s location, leaving the Klingon’s hand’s vulnerable. Hood’s left hand grabbed the same right handhold the Klingon used while Hood’s right hand grabbed the empty upper handhold.

Using the Klingon’s massive weight and force to fuel his momentum, Hood pivoted again on his heals and twisted the blade with his wrists. The Klingon attacker flew off balance and flipped over his own bat’leth onto the ground.

An alarm chimed for Hood’s training to end and report to the bridge for duty.

“Computer, end program,” Hood ordered as the Andorian acted in surprise at stabbing his Bajoran co-assailant with the dagger and the dazed Klingon growled and stumbled back to his feet. The woodland dissolved and his attackers followed suit briefly after.
    AllanHood Medals
    • To Boldly Go On and On
      Rare (50 Points)

• Poster Child
      Uncommon (25 Points)

• Stepping Forward
      Uncommon (25 Points)

• Paragon of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

• Eternal Servitude!
      Uncommon (25 Points)

• Tour of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Zairu
    • Eaglesg
     –  Last edited by Allan Hood; Fri 20 Oct, 2017 2:20 AM.
    FAB spacer small
    34319417901 59936594e6 o

Remnants of Hobus: Continued
    An official Ares joint mission

CONTINUED PLOT SUMMARY
    Admiral Moore was abducted during Federation/Romulan meeting by a cloaked Klingon Bird of Prey. The transporter beam functioned unhindered by the asteroid's kelbonite deposits. Transporting while cloaked and transporting near kelbonite are both considered impossible by Starfleet scientists. The ship decloaked, setting a course for the Klingon border.

The meeting concluded with the Romulan Empire focusing on keeping the Empire together, without wanting to enlighten their subject worlds to the extent of the destruction within their military, due to the fear of insurrections. The Federation is allowed to assist and provide aide to the Empire on one condition: the Federation cannot make it public the degree in which the Romulan Empire is struggling. The Federation agreed to this condition based on the great need of the Romulan people.

Name:  1508407978-arp-map1.png
Views: 391
Size:  538.7 KB

ASSIGNMENTS
    Under Wilson, the Andromeda and the Netherlands will follow up the red bands and will investigate their origin. They are to determine what ships the Klingons have and their intentions.

The New York will investigate the yellow traces. Their primary mission is to help the Romulan government identify the origin of the unknown cloaked Romulan ships, whether from the Empire, the Tal Shiar, or an additional unknown faction.

The Cascade will investigate the orange lines. They are to discover who they are, what technology they're using, and determine the threat-level they pose, if any.

The Pearson will follow-up on the colonies that were attacked in the region. Some of them have not been in contact for awhile and others have been contacting either the Federation or the Empire with reports of attacks and/or other incidents. They will investigate the likelihood of any connection to others in our taskforce and render aid where needed. They are to be the friendly face of the Federation and the Empire, in addition to showing that our laws are still enforced.

The Judica's primary mission is to recover Admiral Moore at all costs. Their secondary mission is to have Riov S'Havraha's Warbird Cumaen escort Judica to the Romulan Empire's new senate location to discuss the relationship and future peace negotiations between the Federation and the Empire. The location is to be kept classified.
    FAB spacer small
    AllanHood Medals
    • Gold Contributor
      Very Rare (100 Points)

• Dedicated
      Rare (50 Points)

Volunteer for 1+ year

Unlocked Fri 05 Oct, 2018 12:21 AM

0.54% have received this achievement

• A Heartfelt Thank You
      Rare (50 Points)

Donate over £100 to the UFP

Unlocked Tue 04 May, 2021 1:04 PM

0.37% have received this achievement

• Silver Contributor
      Rare (50 Points)

Subscribe to a monthly Silver Subscription

0.43% have received this achievement

• Tour of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Unlocked Tue 09 May, 2017 9:00 PM

• Dean’s List
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Pass all three Academy exams

Unlocked Thu 23 Feb, 2017 4:03 AM

3.99% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Scarlett
    • Allan Hood
    MISSION: Shadows (Remnants of Hobus)

Department heads assemble in the Tactical Information Center(TIC) in thirty minutes.

Commander Kiritana was already in the TIC going over data pads with a mug of hot coffee keeping him company, as the others started filing in. He couldn’t believe what he had seen, he furthermore couldn’t believe that an admiral got taken hostage right in front of his own eyes and was unable to stop it. The commanders thought process was broken by the first officer to enter the room, his executive officer who was of course the first to show up, he was grateful for this as he needed to side-bar with his XO on the matter and how severe the situation really was.

“Good evening Sir, I take it things didn’t go quite as planned?” “No, they did not, Admiral Moore has been taken, we don’t know why or how quite yet, all we know is that it happened right in front of us, we’re tasked to uncovering the mysterious cloaking signatures we detected, the Tal-shiar are probably involved in the some-how. The Romulan Empire is struggling, and they have requested our assistance on the matter. The only caveat to this is that we must maintain silence about the whole situation. We have ships deploying already in other sectors with other priorities.”

A few moments later as the bridge officers arrived and hurriedly took their seats tensions were on high. “Good evening ladies and gentlemen, a few hours ago Admiral Moore was abducted, the details are, fuzzy.” He stated. “However, I do know our next mission, we are going to be heading into the Neutral Zone, there are a few trajectories that the unknown cloaks may have been using, and they all lead deeper into Romulan space.”

“Sir, what of the other ships?” the XO asked. “They all have assigned tasks, I cannot divulge that information now.”

As the meeting continued into the night, the Cascade was ready to get underway, the senior staff entered the bridge flanked by the commander, taking he seat he addressed the staff, “Ensign, set a course, I will provide the coordinates to you.” “Sir?” Questioned the Ensign as she punched in the coordinates “That is in the Romulan Neutral Zone.” The Commander nodded, “Engage, Ensign, we’re in a bit of a rush.”

The Cascade then jumped among the stars, her powerful warp engines came to a strong hum and then faded into the darkness left behind her. As the ship warped in the commander noted a pulsar a few dozen light years from their location, he made a mental note to go and see it after his current mission, after all, how much damage could be caused by a brief stop?

MISSION: Shadows (Remnants of Hobus)

Given that the taskforce did not have data to the surveys of the neutral zone, the crew were uncertain as what they would find. Space is a peculiar thing, as it is so vastly large and empty, but it can be teeming with life, even right before our noses, as the crew of the cascade would discover, even with space being as vast as it is, it is still in the nature to expand and gain as much of it as possible.

As the Cascade dropped out of warp outside of the star system, the various scanners, radios and sensors lit up, directly starboard of the Cascade, 3 Nausican starships decloaked. They left behind vast amounts of beta-tachyon particles as a side effect of equipping their ships with more antiquated KDF cloaking devices.

“Red Alert, Shields up. Load all photon and quantum tubes with high yield warheads. Scramble all fighters.” The commander ordered, with the bridge crew report. “Red Alert, all hands man your battle stations, this is not a drill.”
    Originally Posted by OOC
    That conclude this post, there will be more coming, I just would like some more idea what is going on with everyone else before I continue much past this.
    ZairuKiritana Medals
    • To Boldly Go On and On
      Rare (50 Points)

• Poster Child
      Uncommon (25 Points)

• Stepping Forward
      Uncommon (25 Points)

• Paragon of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

• Eternal Servitude!
      Uncommon (25 Points)

• Tour of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Zairu
    • Scarlett
     –  Last edited by Allan Hood; Sun 12 Nov, 2017 2:56 PM.
    USS New York, Astrometrics Lab 4
    Lieutenant Allan Hood sat at his lab station, going over his readings and trying to make sense of his data. He confirmed earlier on the bridge that there were multiple cloaked Romulan ships, leaving tactical to keep an eye on them. Now, his team was tasked with identifying which Romulan factions were traversing their neighboring space.

“This could be anyone, from the Empire, to Tal Shiar, to some rogue agents working on their own,” Hood complained to himself.

Ti’meen, a Romulan science officer sent from the Empire to help identify cloaked vessels’ origin, looked up briefly from his station on the neighboring terminal in response to Hood’s remark.

“Stating the obvious will not help us accomplish our mission,” Ti’meen stated flatly, concentrating on their conjoint problem.

“The pot calling the kettle black?” Hood asked, smiling to himself.

“I do not understand.”

“It’s a proverbial idiom from Earth,” Hood began, “it’s used to convey that your criticism could equally apply to yourself.” Ti’meen ignored Hood’s response.

Hood could not help but wonder if the Ti’meen was a descendant of someone in the Earth-Romulan War. If he was, why would it matter? Hood’s father told him that they had an ancestor who was a member of the United Earth Military Assault Command Operations, but he could not recall her name.

Thinking of ancestors and paths chosen in life brought Hood’s attention to the asteroid trajectories, their paths through space, which surrounded the station and crisscrossed through the cloaked Romulan ships’ trajectories.

How could there be smooth parabolic trajectories through a part of space littered with asteroids and meteoroids?

To answer his own question, Hood checked the decay rate of the ion trail, applying it to his display, plotting potential ship locations over given times, deducing velocity. He then brought up an overlay of the previous asteroid and meteoroid orbital paths.

Hood’s readings did not seem to make sense; there should have been numerous collisions with astronomical bodies and Romulan ships. Hood double, triple and quadruple checked his findings. He then recalibrated the ship’s sensors and collected the same data he had earlier. After all this, he found the same results.

Reluctantly, due to embarrassment at not being able solve a riddle he conjured up himself, Hood turned to his Romulan counterpart.

“Did you recheck your findings?” Ti’meen asked. “It’s standard procedure for our officers to…”

“Of course, that’s the procedure here, too.” Hood interrupted, “I checked four times and collected the data all over again after a sensor recalibration. It all checks out.”

Ti’meen walked over and rechecked Hood’s results. He leaned heavily on the console after running an additional test on Hood simulation.

“You do not recognize it?” Ti’meen asked in disbelief. “You expect me to take for granted that you stumbled upon this accidentally?”

“Not only do I not recognize anything, I didn’t stumble ‘accidentally.’ What do you think I’ve been doing over here all this time?”

“It was a mistake to trust humans,” Ti’meen accused, letting his prejudice out of the bag, “this is an elaborated human conspiracy to cover your tracks.”

“I have no idea what you’re talking about.”

“Your Starfleet Security’s phasing cloaking device?” Ti’meen accused again, “in 2358, you learned how to phase sequence the structure of matter and energy to allow any vessel to pass through normal matter in the phased state. You broke your word to ban cloaking technology aboard your Federation starships. You, frankly, broke the Treaty of Algeron. You are not to be trusted.”

Hood remembered, from his Academy days, that the Treaty of Algeron was signed between the Federation and the Romulans in 2311, after the Tomed Incident, which took thousands of lives. However, he did not recall anyone breaking the treaty.

“Computer. Who violated Treaty of Algeron?” Hood asked into the air.

The computer confirmed everything the Romulan said, a history that Hood did not remember being emphasized at the Academy. One thing that was clear: whichever Romulan faction it is that's sneaking pass everyone, they are using a phasing cloaking device.
    AllanHood Medals