Unlocked Fri 10 Jun, 2022 11:02 AM

74.94% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • None
    Reply With QuoteQuote
    So I've been playing this a bit, it allows up to 5 players to run a small starship (Captain, Pilot, Scientist, Engineer, Weapons), and overall each individual has multiple duties on said ship (Of which there are several types, and one looks almost like a ship from Star Trek.). After searching on the forum here for anyone else who mentioned it, it seems to have become dead with 3 posts from last year. I hope to resurface this game here in the attempt to maybe bring some people togeather for that "Bridge Commander" feel but don't have a VR headset to actually play Bridge Commander.

In short the captain makes the shots, engineer maintains ship systems, scientist focuses on research and cyber warfare, weapons deals with firing weapon and supporting the crew. The areas you can travel to are decent size for the type of game, and some planets you can beam down to for away missions which may or may not have secrets hidden on them (or in.). There are space battles, ground fights, and a subtle but hidden story to reveal. But the game can be very tough as the crew will need to work hard, and the Captain will need to get the right parts for the ship which includes jump drives, coolant, engines, shielding, weapons, and so on.

Now the bad part which I know turns people off. It's an Early Access game. I know, I know. However I've been watching the progress of Pulsar for a while now and I will say that unlike (most) indie-devs, these people are actually maintaining the game and focus on issues first before adding in new toys and stuff. And I think it would be worth a try for members here who are interested in a journey who want to play with others and work as a team on a ship. Fair warning, the galaxy can be unpredictable, I've had times where I jumped once form the start and got destroyed by several drones, and other times we had long enough play sessions (Several hours, and you can save progress as the captain.), to take on boss fights. Pretty good game so far and is continuing to grow. But will require adjustment to a learning curve on how to operate ship internal systems.

You can find it on Steam if you're interested.
    It is through progress with morals, that we will find the stars. Not with blood on our hands. But sometimes war comes knocking at the worst hours. Only the few can stand as guardians to keep peace. ~ SCB