Reply With QuoteQuote
    SFHOLO 240
    LIBERI PHOTONS
    "PHOTONS BE FREE"

holo spacer

HOLODECK SURVEY RESULTS

MARCH APPROVAL: 100% (0%)
    JUNE APPROVAL: 100%!
    JUNE OVERALL RANKING: JOINT HIGHEST PERFORMING AREA.
    JUNE DIVISION RANKING: JOINT HIGHEST PERFORMING DIVISION.

MARCH EVENT APPROVAL: 95% (+1%)
    JUNE EVENT APPROVAL: 96%

DIVISION REVIEW:
    NOT REQUIRED

explorer seems good at his job
    thexpl0r3r: Thanks! I'll try not to mess things up (too much)... though.. I wish this was my full time job Wink

Noram: He does. That's probably because he is!

Despite the fact that both SFHolo's CO and XO are in the American time zone, they do their best to make sure they are available for European members when they require anything from SFHolo. Events are frequent, regular and varied.
    thexpl0r3r: Thank you. We're doing our best to maintain presence in-game(s), on the forum, Discord and TS, and keep things alive. Btw... would you be interested in joining our staff? Wink

Noram: One of the frequent criticisms around here, not just of Holodeck but of most divisions, is that there's more EU events than American ones. Part of that is just to do with timezones. For an American to schedule an event during European prime time mean they have to be available in the middle of the day in North America, but for Europeans to schedule American events they have to stay up late at night during the work week, or cluster them all on the weekend. Neither is very convenient which is why we need Americans who are willing to host events based on American timezones and Europeans willing to operate in their timezones for the sake of their own beauty sleep if nothing else.
    However, while we can bring a horse to water we can't make it drink. We could have a handful of events every day, spread across European and North American timezones and it wouldn't mean anything if no one showed up. I know from experience that there's nothing quite as discouraging for an event officer than taking the time to plan something fun for people to do, and then having no one show up.

So, long story short: If you want more events in your timezone volunteer to help out or come support the people who do.

I don't know what question is about, sorry. ;-; (Maybe not my game, or I'm just a dummy.)
    Noram: Basically, Holodeck is a group in the UFP that tries to run events for members in basically anything that isn't Star Trek. I say tries, because sometimes it's hard to get a read on what folks actually want and what people are playing.

thexpl0r3r: No no no... it's easy... just click on this link and then request to join Kassa Stellar Dynamics.

Big kudos to Noram, Mark, their staff, and Sammy. Good to see the activity growth. It's just too bad its in games that I have long stopped playing, on EU servers, or games that I'm not into. This is my own issue, not the Holodeck's team. They are fantastic with the support given on the supports. It is more a sad fact that the NA side of the community are kind of scattered and dispersed among the various MMOs or servers. What I would like to see is perhaps the Holodeck staff looking out for new MMOs/Multiplayer worlds that are on the horizon or future which we can drum up some interest and organization for. That way, if we do want to get involved, we have a server (or region) where we plan to organize. Thus new players wishing to join, they can join *those* servers (regions). Holodeck doesn't have to fully support it with staff, but at least list out the "UFP" servers to play on so other UFP community members can try to organize.
    thexpl0r3r: Holodeck staf is always on the lookout and are eager to drum up some interest as soon as they find something worth drumming for\that is interesting for our community. Holodeck staff will be looking into Destiny 2 and Skulls and Bones but support for these or any other games will primarily depend on community interest. Also, Holodeck staff would like to ask everyone with a concrete suggestion and ideas to share them with us.

Kay.
    thexpl0r3r: Mmkay

Noram: McKay

no on enough to have an opinion Sad
    thexpl0r3r: Well, that's an easy fix.

Not enough time as passed to gauge.
    thexpl0r3r: Time is only an illusion perpetrated by the manufacturers of space.

Noram:
    tim and eric mind blown

I like cows
    Noram: Yep. Well done, with ketchup *gag*

thexpl0r3r: Me too, but then again I wouldn't say no to any kind of barbecue.

It's a game, not a business, I don't concern myself with this kind of thing.
    Sammygm: I agree this is not a business, but we're still a community, and we would like to know how people feel we're running things.

thexpl0r3r: It's true, we're not a business but a group of volunteers supporting our community. However, sometimes it feels like some of our members treat UFP as a business when they criticize us while not keeping in mind that we (CL4\CL5\CL6) are doing this in our free time and to some this is just a game. The truth is probably somewhere in between. We want to do our jobs to the best possible extent and to see our community grow and have fun and constructive feedback is necessary as it can tell us how we're doing and help us improve, and the better we do our job the more fun we'll all have. However, one thing is for sure... we could always use more volunteers.

Noram: I don't think I can add much more beyond what Sammy and thexplor3r have said, except to say that the efforts by the previous leadership to run UFPlanets completely as a business was one of the things I disliked as well. That said, I don't think it's overly businesslike to ask for feedback once in a while, especially when I know there are things we can do better.

Sammygm is a ♥♥♥♥ing disgrace. He is easily the least approachable FEO member, and doesn't host any American events. The sooner he is fired the better, this business needs strong and stable leadership. Your ♥♥♥♥ing useless, ♥♥♥♥ off. Lol j/k.
    Noram: I mean, the truth hurts. Sorry Sammy... Wink

thexpl0r3r: We are aware of this issue and Coup d'état is underway with Court-Martial being ready for quick and swift justice. Lynch Mob event details will be posted on our Events page Klingon Grin

Holodeck has always been a jack-of-all-trades division. Concentrating on events for a wide variety of games will always mean there are those who aren't pleased with coverage, games played, staff availability, or any mix of the above. However, Holodeck has been an overwhelmingly positive (and much needed) addition to the UFP.
    Noram: That's a pretty perfect summary of Holodeck, thanks!

thexpl0r3r: Thanks! Agreed, what's a starship\starbase without a Holodeck Wink

No Objections
    thexpl0r3r: We'll try to keep it that way.

Noram: That's a bit sad when looked at one way. I'm a big fan objectionable things Klingon Grin

It is good but i wish we had more support for older games and mods and more activity for them.
    thexpl0r3r: Send me a PM and let's see what ideas you have and if there is something we could do.

Noram: Yep, we're always open to suggestions!

I have yet to have time to fully observe anything at this point. I am far too new. Therefore, I must remain neutral.
    thexpl0r3r: Ok, see you next time.

Noram: Sounds good 07

Noram
    "There's a point where we needed to stop and we have clearly passed it. But let's keep going and see what happens..."