Reply With QuoteQuote
    SFA SURVEY RESULTS

MAR 2017 APPROVAL: 98%
    JUNE 2017 APPROVAL: 98%(0%)

DEPARTMENT REVIEW:
    NOT REQUIRED

SURVEY FEEDBACK

Wheres the leadership?
    Connor: Right here! There was a bit of a hiccup, but with an Executive Officer appointed and a clear focus, I'm confident we'll have changed your mind come the next survey!

T'Tan: It is very acceptable that I was chosen to step up to assist Connor in this great division. Hopefully we can improve this impression in the future. It might not always be seen at first glance how much work is done behind the curtains but I assure you there is much effort put into developing SFA further.

SFA is excellent, from when I joined earlier everything runs like a top and the RSO's are friendly and kind!
    Connor: This is excellent to hear! The experience of our New Members is massively important to us and to hear your experience with the RSO system thus far has been positive is great. It's not a perfect system just yet, but we're getting there bit by bit.

T'Tan: I can only pass this praise to our team of RSO's who are doing a very good job every day. They are certainly the backbone of the Academy.

Very good introduction for new members who may feel overwhelmed at first. Also the personalised RSO is a brilliant idea as it gives new recruits a direct point of contact - something often missing, and newer members are often nervous about
    Connor: I reiterate what I said above. Extremely glad you're in favour of our RSO system. It's very important to us that each new members experience is unique, but equally as useful from person to person. If we're achieving that then we're on the right track, but there's always improvements and adjustments to be made to refine how we do things, and the sort of information we're passing along to recruits. There's always been a fine balance between providing helpful information that will benefit a recruit and providing too much information. The community can be very overwhelming, but I'm confident we're at a point now where we're providing all the right information to help folks settle!

T'Tan: We are aware that all the information for new members can be overwhelming. It is our goal to keep them as concise as possible. With that in mind, the RSO is meant to be the direct point of contact as mentioned: Someone who is there to answer every possible question a new member might have and also someone who can assist when a new member has the feeling that something is missing or needs improvement. I like to encourage anyone who has some concerns or ideas for improvement to directly contact us, no matter if new member or community veteran.

jumping into TeamSpeak and shouting for help. Tongue Out Keep up the good work Smile
    Connor: Excellent! Glad to hear it. Smile

T'Tan: Glad to here it. Well done, Academy team!

I don't know what question is about, sorry. ;-; (Maybe not my game, or I'm just a dummy.)
    Connor: This survey in particular is regarding Starfleet Academy, a department responsible for community recruitment and acting as the first contact for a newer members. Our job is primarily to help people settle into the community and provide them all the necessary information to integrate into what can otherwise be an overwhelmingly large community through our Recruit Support programme. No doubt when you were accepted you received a PM from one of these very individuals. If you'd like to read a little bit more about the Academy, you can do so here, or you can give one of our staff members a PM, all of which are outlined on that page!

T'Tan: Academy is there for every member, no matter of which game someone is playing or his intellect.

CO was absent for couple of weeks without announcing it. Before it was fine.
    Connor: A series of events that required rather immediate attention did drag me away from the community for a while. I have no excuse for not making my absence more obvious and putting proper measures into place and was really just caught up in the moment. Thankfully, SFA boasts an extremely diligent and self-sufficient team and RSO efforts were not harmed as a result. This has been properly discussed and resolved with FEO. I'd like to apologise if you were adversely affected by my absence. I'd encourage you to send a PM my way and I'll see what can be done in the way of resolving it.

T'Tan: Nothing to add here from my side.

See a lot of new members. See a lot of hand-offs. See a few introduction posts. Still, I think the merit of the SFA is breaking that initial shy or awkward stage. If the member doesn't take advantage of it, it is no fault of the SFA. I know they are trying and doing their best.
    Connor: This has always been one of our greatest obstacles, in truth. It's difficult to garner the effectiveness of our operations when, often, members will come and go without so much as a post or response to their given RSO. Everyone joins for different reasons, and while we unfortunately can't win everyone, the individuals that do benefit from our Recruit Support Officers and the help we offer generally end up staying with us for a long while. That, in my mind, makes the effort we put into guiding recruits, whether they respond or not, completely worth it.

T'Tan: Welcoming and assisting new members is the most important function of SFA in my opinion. Everyone has deserved a warm welcome to the community and we would like to give everyone the chance to receive any assistence he wants. Thank you for the kind words.

Not seen its CO active as of late not to mention anything regarding the XO position dont suppose that department will be getting a downgrade like what just happened with the STO Departments. #BringbackHalsey
    Connor: See above for the first part. My apologies again. An Executive Officer has now been appointed (as you'll notice from the feedback responses, and a recent announcement thread!) who is settling into the role wonderfully. You would have to reach out to Christopher personally to see if he wants to return, as neither T'Tan, FEO, or I can presume to speak on his behalf!

T'Tan: I am looking forward to being the XO now. Unfortunately, I seem to be far too new to the community to actually understand this allusion correctly.

Can I get a degree in homosexuality so I can join FEO?
    T'Tan: I don't think Homosexuality is a matter of degree, nor do I feel this comment is appropriate.

no on enough to have an opinion Cry
    Connor: This is unfortunate. SFA is taking steps to benefit the wider community a lot more frequently, so with any luck you'll have far more interactions with our team in the coming weeks!

T'Tan: That is a pity, but you are always welcome.

Not enough time as passed to gauge.
    Connor: Hopefully this will change, then! If you have any issues whatsoever with our departmental operations do feel free to reach out to your Recruit Support Officer, T'Tan, or I, and we'll do our best to give you a hand!

T'Tan: We will try our best and hopefully we can shape a positive outcome.

It appears the leadership has abandoned the division. I am sure FEO will resolve this in the very near future.
    Connor: Not quite! I've explained this a little more above.

T'Tan: As a new member to leadership I am very eager to change this impression.

No interaction with SFA in a long time - I'm no longer an active participant in the community though, so that's hardly a damning statement. I'm sure it's business as usual at SFA.
    Connor: Our interactions outside of newer members if constantly the ongoing struggle with Academy development. Most of the ways we can impact are typically a lot of work and slow developing, but in the next few weeks we're looking to bring back an event that has in the past been extremely popular among members. Hopefully you take interest when this is announced and are eager to get involved again!

T'Tan: Unfortunate to hear you are not active anymore. I wouldn't say it is business as usual. There are many ideas on the horizon we would like to realize in the future.

No Objections
    Connor: This is good!

T'Tan: Glad to hear.

I have yet to have time to fully observe anything at this point. I am far too new. Therefore, I must remain neutral.
    Connor: On the contrary, this is exactly the point of your membership wherein SFA should probably benefit you the most. If you're not having adequate interaction with your Recruit Support Officer, please do let us know. Within your first two-to-three weeks you should received multiple PM's from your Recruit Support Officer. If you've not checked, I'd advise you have a look through your PM's for these, and if you've not received them, or are not finding what you have received helpful, to reach out to us so we can review where we've gone wrong. Either way, I hope this changes and you find Starfleet Academy has benefited you when it comes to settling into the community.

T'Tan: I hope the Academy can create a positive impression for all members of the UFP.
    KerryMalone
    KerryMalone Medals
    I'd be delighted to offer any advice I have on understanding women. When I have some, I'll let you know.
    CAPT. JEAN LUC PICARD