FEO and Website June Roll Call Feedback

Started By:
Three of Seven, Wed 28 Jun, 2017 2:36 PM
Views:
Replies:
  1. Fleet Admiral

• Commendation
      Commendation (150 Points)

Awarded during the UFP Award Ceremony to those who go above and beyond for the community

Unlocked Sat 29 Jun, 2019 9:56 PM

0.22% have received this achievement

• Highly Decorated
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Receive every medal the UFP has to offer

Unlocked Sun 27 Mar, 2016 2:00 PM

0.18% have received this achievement

• Set Phasers To Frag
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Win an Annual Elite Force Tournament

Unlocked Sun 28 Aug, 2016 7:24 PM

0.04% have received this achievement

• Top Brass
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Reach the highest Starfleet Rank

Unlocked Sat 17 Dec, 2016 10:30 PM

0.03% have received this achievement

• To Infinity and Beyond
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Reach ten-thousand posts on the forums

Grandfathered

0.02% have received this achievement

• Hearthstone Tournament Winner
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Win the annual Hearthstone Tournament

Unlocked Mon 04 Jul, 2016 6:08 PM

0.01% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    Pronouns
    She/Her
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Tain
    FEO 240

Greetings,

The June Roll Call has finished and the survey results are in, all divisions and departments will start posting their responses over the coming days (some already have), so here are the ones for FEO and the Website. I would like to thank everyone for responding to the survey and encourage people to do so in future Roll Calls, if you have feedback outside of Roll Call, you can PM me or fill out this form and we'll take a look into it.

FEO has seen the approval increase of 1%, which gives us 100%, this is great and we hope to maintain this level of approval for future surveys, we don't want to start getting complacent. I would like to thank everyone in FEO for their contributions to this result and hope we can continue to work together as a strong and stable team, in the national interests of the community.

All of the website feedback responses have been provided by Jordan, I have not added my own comments to these as the website isn't my area!

FEO June Approval Rating: 100% (+1%)
    FEO March Approval Rating: 99%

Jordan is amazing, he's my favourite FEO member.
    Jonathan F-G: He is alright I guess.
    Jordan: Woohoo! I do try Wink
    KerryMalone: Pfft. The way he says 'Hellooo' is pretty cool, but other than that...
    Sammygm: Pretty hot. As in the server, he keeps the servers running pretty hot yeah.
    Three of Seven: Well he's not my favourite! Just kidding, he does all my coding requests, so he has to be, otherwise he'd stop doing them eek!

I think Sammy is the nicest FEO member. Obviously.
    Jonathan F-G: Yeah me and the rest of FEO are just the worst.
    Jordan: Obviously.
    KerryMalone: Really? Sammy? Nice?
    Sammygm: That's unfair, everyone in FEO is the nicest!
    Three of Seven: I think everyone in FEO is nice, except Jonathan, he's mean.

Kudos to Three, Sammy, and Kerry for their active and participatory efforts in the community. It's a tough job and their dedication is nice to see.
    Jonathan F-G: My final year of university has now been completed and I have a First Class Honours degree. Although I am happy and proud of this achievement it did mean I had to step aside from my duties within the UFP for a considerable amount of time. I was still relatively active, but I wasn't as active as had been in the past. My team in FAB and my fellow FEO colleagues were all made aware and things were put in place to manage my absence. But I am now back and hopefully will be more active within the community.
    Jordan: Awww Sad
    KerryMalone: Thank you Smile
    Sammymg: Bit unfair to leave out the others, a lot of work gets put in behind the scenes that are necessary to keep the community going!
    Three of Seven: Sammy and Kerry both have very community focused roles, so it's good that they are visible, myself, I just like to stick my nose in everywhere and talk a lot! I like getting involved with everything. But it should be said that there are other FEO members who take on tasks that aren't community focused, they do some exceptional work too!

SammyGM for Vice President
    Jonathan F-G: Position is cursed apparently.
    Jordan: It's a cursed position!
    KerryMalone: KerryMalone: Err... no.
    Sammygm: Why me though.
    Three of Seven: I already appointed Cartoon to the role.

Only gays get into FEO.
    Jonathan F-G: Meh
    Jordan: QFT *cough* Kerry *cough*
    KerryMalone: Well, that's not accurate, as I'm not gay and I'm in FEO. Perhaps you just need to be obnoxious?
    Sammygm: Uuuh I'm not gay, yeah, 100% straightosexual.
    Three of Seven: That's not true, it's just a side effect.

I come to pay tribute to the great and powerful three
    Jonathan F-G: 1414641802563
    KerryMalone: I+am+teh+emprawr+bow+to+me+hoomin eb741f 4037399
    Sammygm: catpicture.jpg
    Three of Seven: 12 gold per month.

no on enough to have an opinion Sad
    Jonathan F-G: Well that is a shame. We all hope that you frequent our forums more often.
    KerryMalone: Aww...
    Three of Seven: Maybe next time!

Not enough time as passed to gauge.
    Jonathan F-G: Fair enough.
    KerryMalone: Welcome to the UFP!
    Three of Seven: Soon!

It's a game, not a business, I don't concern myself with this kind of thing.
    Jonathan F-G: Well I wouldn't say that the UFP is a game or a business. STO is a game but the community isn't. I think that it is important for us to know what we are doing right so we can do more of that, but more importantly, what we are doing wrong so we can correct it. That is the only reason we do these surveys so that you can all give us guidance on what you want out of the UFP.
    Jordan: We always value feedback from our membership, as without you there wouldn't be one. Any suggestions/feedback is welcome, whether that is to improve the way we run the community, our team of volunteers or anything else you can think of!
    KerryMalone: You're right, it is a game. Smile
    Three of Seven: Your feedback is important, it helps us to improve the community for it's members, like yourself, it's not about running a business, it's about making an experience! A reason for people to keep coming to visit the forum and facilitating interactions with each other, we need input to help us do what we do for you!

Sammygm is a ♥♥♥♥ing disgrace. He is easily the least approachable FEO member, and doesn't host any American events. The sooner he is fired the better, this business needs strong and stable leadership. Your ♥♥♥♥ing useless, ♥♥♥♥ off. Lol j/k.
    Jonathan F-G: Agreed
    KerryMalone: What a very accurate comment. +1
    Sammygm: Yeah screw that guy! Sammy is the worst
    Three of Seven: Kind of rude if you ask me.

A much more down-to-earth atmosphere than there has been previously. From what I can tell the team seem to get along well and interact with other members frequently. A cohesive and passionate group of leaders.
    Jonathan F-G: I'm glad that is showing through to the general membership. Working with FEO is soooooooo much easier then it was previously. The disorganisation, inactivity of certain members and general mistrust meant that literally nothing got done. Under Three's leadership, FEO has been transformed into a cohesive group and we have got more done in the past six months then what was done in the last two years. This is a credit to Three's leadership and tenacity.
    Jordan: The best team yet (IMHO).
    KerryMalone: Well... we haven't tried to kill each other yet. I guess that's a plus. Cool
    Three of Seven: I have to say, I was going to say something witty but I will keep it serious. It's good to have every FEO member willing to be open and discuss ideas with each other, without hitting brick walls. Interaction with members from CL6 and CL5 is something I have always wanted to help promote and I am glad to see it is getting better!

I'm not sure, I'm newer around here.
    KerryMalone: Welcome!
    Three of Seven: Welcome!

I have yet to have time to fully observe anything at this point. I am far too new. Therefore, I must remain neutral.
    Jonathan F-G: We hope you are enjoying your time here.
    KerryMalone: Look forward to next time then!
    Three of Seven: Welcome to the UFP, hopefully you will have something next time!

Website June Approval Rating: 98%

Beautiful website, kudos to everybody who helped make it. Could you incorporate more of an lcars design into it though?
    Jordan: We tried to keep it minimal, but also Star Trek. This allows it to be the most accessible website we've built to date and also optimised to be faster to load. We always look for ways to improve the website, so we'll keep your idea in mind when we make changes.

The website is beautiful! <3
    Jordan: Thanks!

It would be even better if some graphical UI elements (that is, links) had text as a fallback. I only have cellular Internet, and I block images in my hrowser to conserve data. Consequently, the buttons below “Options” are completely invisible.

Furthermore, those buttons run offscreen, to the right, in Safari for the iPad (mine is an iPad Air 2 running iOS 9.3.2), whether in portrait or landscape.
    Jordan: Could you create a support thread with screenshots? This isn't normal behaviour as all the buttons and menus are CSS driven, so the UI elements should work regardless if you have images enabled or not. (Tested on an iPad Air iOS 10)

How much wood can a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
    Jordan: Not much.

Jordan has kindly implemented changes in the past after consideration, and continues to make the website a better place for all. Many thanks Smile
    I haven't seen Sharp around for months so apologies if you are still active and maintaining the site as well! Smile
    Jordan: We value input to make the website more usable and friendly to our users. If you have a suggestion, make it known Smile

Definitely a big kudos to Jordan and Sharp for their continued work. It can't be easy to maintain, especially after all of these years. Any issues that I have see and brought to light was quickly resolved by them. Thank you for your hard work! Smile
    Jordan: It's a pleasure to work in the community and provide a welcoming website which is liked by our users!

I guess.
    Jordan: I guess too!

no on enough to have an opinion Sad
    Jordan: Must've at least thought the Roll Call popup was neat? Wink

I really like the implementation of the website.
    Jordan: Thanks! We worked hard to make it our best website yet.

The website is superbly designed. I really like it. However, before I got used to it, it was very overwhelming. Some things arent clearly marked, like a ship build section, for example. Its a very well done site, but perhaps a little more instruction could be provided for new players.
    Jordan: Putting the forums into a meaningful order is definitely hard and something we try to update to better suit our members preferences. It's always on-going and something that is definitely hard to get right.

Too much scrolling
    Jordan: Much better than some of our previous themes! Your suggestion to improve this would be great though.

I rarely access the website.
    Jordan: Bookmark it ;D

As with all previous iterations of the UFP website, the design ages well. This is especially true with the current design, which is overall far easier on the eyes. The site perfectly melds a Star Trek appearance with an ergonomic accessibility. No major complaints seem to have arisen since release (as far as I am aware anyway). As always a thank you to Jordan and Sharp.
    Jordan: We learnt many lessons from our previous designs (cough cough, LCARS font) to not give our members a headache (cough cough LCARS Nemesis theme - awesome theme though).

No Objections / Suggestions
    Jordan: That's what we like to hear Wink

I have yet to have time to fully observe anything at this point. I am far too new. Therefore, I must remain neutral.
    Jordan: We always welcome feedback regardless of your time here. Any little things that could be improved or just damn right annoy you, let us know.
  2. Infinity

Account Deleted

• Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Three of Seven
    • Silynn
    Awesome read!

Some of Jordan's responses were pretty funny, I especially liked the bookmark one.

Definitely want to read more of Jordan's replies in the future, splendid.
    • Pillar of the Community
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Be a registered user for 10 years

Unlocked Sun 06 Dec, 2020 7:16 AM

34.22% have received this achievement

• To Boldly Go On and On
      Rare (50 Points)

Reach one-thousand posts on the forums

Unlocked Fri 07 Jul, 2017 1:05 PM

0.71% have received this achievement

• Commodore
      Rare (50 Points)

Receive a promotion to the rank of Commodore

Unlocked Sun 25 Jun, 2017 11:02 AM

0.48% have received this achievement

• Tour of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

RSVP to ten events via the Events System

Unlocked Mon 13 Feb, 2017 8:03 PM

1.31% have received this achievement

• Well Respected
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Reach reputation tier 6

Unlocked Wed 16 Oct, 2019 6:02 PM

0.70% have received this achievement

• Dean’s List
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Pass all three Academy exams

Unlocked Thu 11 Feb, 2016 1:02 PM

3.99% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Three of Seven
    • Silynn
    I have found in my time here, that the FEO is staffed with very qualified and caring individuals. Three and her team have expertly molded this community into something I feel compelled to come back to day after day. Thank you for all your hard work, and for making this place and its members feel like a second home.

Live Long and Prosper
    Tain
    Tain Medals
    • Commendation
      Commendation (150 Points)

Awarded during the UFP Award Ceremony to those who go above and beyond for the community

Unlocked Sat 23 Mar, 2019 11:47 PM

0.22% have received this achievement

• Highly Decorated
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Receive every medal the UFP has to offer

Unlocked Sat 25 Mar, 2017 10:41 PM

0.18% have received this achievement

• Pillar of the Community
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Be a registered user for 10 years

Unlocked Thu 18 Feb, 2021 9:02 AM

34.22% have received this achievement

• ...and On and On
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Reach five-thousand posts on the forums

Grandfathered

0.08% have received this achievement

• Dedicated
      Rare (50 Points)

Volunteer for 1+ year

Unlocked Fri 05 Oct, 2018 12:14 AM

0.54% have received this achievement

• The Fool
      Rare (50 Points)

Got pranked on April 1st

Unlocked Thu 01 Apr, 2021 2:22 PM

0.32% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Three of Seven
    • Tain
    • Bedders
    • Zairu
    A tough position, role, and job to perform. Not to mention, often thankless. You can't satisfy everyone and it is even harder to make decisions without a lot of feedback from the community.

Yet, the proof is in the pudding. The fact the community has been around for many years is the true testament to the FEO. If they truly were horrible, the community would disappear. The truly negative comments are just that. Negative. If someone has ideas or issues, they should always try to bring them up and talk to someone. If not the FEO direct (initially), then perhaps a Division CO/XO. If not them, perhaps your RSO. Someone. An unresolved issue is a festering issue. There is a Feedback feature for a reason. Just throwing out insults accomplishes nothing.

To the FEO:
    Thank you all for your dedication and work.
    Silynn
    Silynn Medals