Post in a forum topic

Grandfathered

42.81% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • thexpl0r3r
    Seems like we have several people getting into PI lately. Thought I would share my experience and proccess that is working for me. I am not saying this is the best way.
    Maybe someone has a better way to do it. It is what is working fairly well for me.

Now I do not consider myself an expert, but I am invested in my PI operations.
    Between my 2 accounts, I have 6 characters working 28 resource planets and 2 factory worlds making 2 P3 items (Robotics and Guidence Systems).

The factories are setup on the smallest Barren planets I can find (under 4,000km diameter) as they use less power for the links.
    These planets are running 2 starports, 3 storage and 18 advanced proccessors. These take 4 P1 resources and make 2 P2 items that are then turned into the P3 that factory is doing.
    No resources are gathered on these worlds, everything is shipped in. Each starport has a storage unit and 7 proccessors tied to it for the P1 to P2 conversion.
    I drop 26,000 units of a P1 into the starport and expidite transfer it to the storage unit then drop the 26,000 units of the second P1 to the starport.
    Both P1s are routed to the 7 proccessors to make the P2, which is routed back to the storage unit.
    From the storage unit, the P2 is routed to the 4 remaining proccessors. Where it joins the P2 from the other set to make the P3, which is then routed to the 3rd storage unit.
    The run time is about 5 days and turns 26k units of the 4 P1s into 975 units of the P3.
    The P3 is expidited to a starport when I am ready to pick it up and drop down the next batch of P1s.

My resource planets have a starport, 1 extractor with 10 extraction heads, and as many basic proccessors as I can pack around the starport.
    I like to use a 3 by 3 box pattern with the starport in the middle. Extractor linked to a top corner, the proccessors linked in a loop, and the starport linked only to the processors on the 2 sides.
    My extractor run on a 23 hour 30 minute cycle that finishes a little before daily restart. I usually log on right after restart and can do my daily checks and restarts before going to work.
    Major changes get done on the weekends and cycle times adjusted as needed to get them back on track for Monday morning.

All of my planets are in HS .5 to .7 security systems. I do not like making myself a target if I do not have to.
    Planets in LS, NS, and WH will get you more in the way of resources, with the risk of somebody shooting just because they can get away with it.

Depending on market prices, each batch nets me between 75-95 million isk. I like to get my cash now, so I sell to open buy orders rather than make a sell order myself.
    If the open buys are lower than I want to sell for, I hold onto everything.

Once it is setup, I do not have much I need to do.

A few tips to keep in mind when setting up a planet:
    The longer a link, the more power it uses. Pack as much as you can as close as you can.
    The larger the planet, the more power links require.
    You do not need to have your command center linked to any other facility.

Please post any questions or comments.