Contact Us - General Enquiries

Started By:
Three of Seven, Sun 06 Aug, 2017 2:57 PM
Views:
Replies:
  1. Fleet Admiral

• Commendation
      Commendation (150 Points)

Awarded during the UFP Award Ceremony to those who go above and beyond for the community

Unlocked Sat 29 Jun, 2019 9:56 PM

0.22% have received this achievement

• To Infinity and Beyond
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Reach ten-thousand posts on the forums

Grandfathered

0.02% have received this achievement

• Highly Decorated
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Receive every medal the UFP has to offer

Unlocked Sun 27 Mar, 2016 2:00 PM

0.18% have received this achievement

• Set Phasers To Frag
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Win an Annual Elite Force Tournament

Unlocked Sun 28 Aug, 2016 7:24 PM

0.04% have received this achievement

• Top Brass
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Reach the highest Starfleet Rank

Unlocked Sat 17 Dec, 2016 10:30 PM

0.03% have received this achievement

• Hearthstone Tournament Winner
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Win the annual Hearthstone Tournament

Unlocked Mon 04 Jul, 2016 6:08 PM

0.01% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    Pronouns
    She/Her
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • None
    Reply With QuoteQuote
    FEO 240
    Contact Us - General Enquiries

The following feedback was sent via the feedback form.

I became a recent member of this great community just recently and a rather big question came to mind. A large portion of this community appears to have originated from the UK or EU. Not that that is an issue.

At least from what I've seen there appears to be a large number of individuals across the world who are a part of this community including myself. I'm finding it kinda of difficult to join any official guilds in this community as many of them require me to switch regions. Switching servers isn't an issue for me but as I recently remembered...I can't participate in WoW with those with EU licenses.

We can go into more detail about it later but my question boils down to whether there has been considerations, a need, or plan to add some type of NA or other continental operations divisions within the community. I realize that much of it would be monumental task and would require the interest of many people but I just wanted to see where this stands.

Thanks,
    Greetings,

Our membership is largely based in the US, while not as many may take part in forum activities or TeamSpeak, they do take part in our gaming guilds. At the end of this message, there is a screenshot showing a breakdown of membership location and game selections, where a total of 50% are from US and Canada, there is a blank, that needs some addressing as to what it is, but the majority is NA timezone based!

Some of our NA players do join on EU servers, this is partly due to the volunteers setting up the guilds came from a European country and we have members who were happy to play on an EU server. For NA guilds, we need NA volunteers to do that same work and create the guild, create a buzz and get people involved in them. The EU WoW guild has had high moments and low moments, it's not an easy task, but the only way we can support NA guilds is with volunteers.

Yes, there has been consideration to support NA guilds for games within the community, sadly, we have not had anyone willing to take on the responsibility which is involved in taking on this task. For some games, we have managed it, but there is a real struggle there to get the interest. If you want to take on the task, you are more than welcome to and we will do our best to support you in that task, such as how to write recruitment posts, responding to a query and so forth, but we need volunteers!

Since you submitted the feedback as anonymous, but left your name, I am contacting you personally via PM instead of posting the response on the forum. If you would like the response published on the forum as well, I will do so but remove your name from it, so it stays anonymous to all but those who originally saw it.

Thank you,
    Three of Seven

After sending the response to the user, I got the following PM.

Sorry for taking a bit to respond. I'm in the middle of moving. I think i did take a peep at that attachment but it appears to have expired. I know it is rather stressful with World of Warcraft to have to purchase an EU license or vice versa for other just to play together while you have another region license.

Its something i definitely wouldn't mind trying to head up initiative.

As far as the post goes i'm completely find with it being posted.