FEO September Roll Call Feedback

Started By:
Three of Seven, Mon 18 Sep, 2017 1:34 PM
Views:
Replies:
  1. Fleet Admiral

• Commendation
      Commendation (150 Points)

Awarded during the UFP Award Ceremony to those who go above and beyond for the community

Unlocked Sat 29 Jun, 2019 9:56 PM

0.22% have received this achievement

• Highly Decorated
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Receive every medal the UFP has to offer

Unlocked Sun 27 Mar, 2016 2:00 PM

0.18% have received this achievement

• Set Phasers To Frag
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Win an Annual Elite Force Tournament

Unlocked Sun 28 Aug, 2016 7:24 PM

0.04% have received this achievement

• Top Brass
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Reach the highest Starfleet Rank

Unlocked Sat 17 Dec, 2016 10:30 PM

0.03% have received this achievement

• To Infinity and Beyond
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Reach ten-thousand posts on the forums

Grandfathered

0.02% have received this achievement

• Hearthstone Tournament Winner
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Win the annual Hearthstone Tournament

Unlocked Mon 04 Jul, 2016 6:08 PM

0.01% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    Pronouns
    She/Her
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Silynn
    • T'Tan
    FEO 240

Greetings,

FEO have looked over the comments from the last survey and provided their responses to them. A number of other divisions and departments have and will continue to post their survey results over the next few days. I would like to thank everyone who took the time to respond to the survey and a special thanks to those who left comments. You can still submit feedback via the contact form if there is something you wish to send us. Or you can drop me a PM and I will respond in reasonable time.

The FEO result is down 2% this month, it seems someone may have been unhappy at something, although we can't be sure what, since no specific comment stating such was left. If there is something you disapprove of, I urge you to get in touch with us so we can attempt to correct or explain the decision taken. Communication and transparency is important to us.

FEO September Approval Rating: 98% (-2%)
    FEO June Approval Rating: 100%

How do FEO members keep calm and relaxed?
    Three of Seven: Me personally, I just sleep, that tends to calm me down.

KerryMalone: Bit of the old "Woosaaah", otherwise being horrible to Infinity helps.

Jonathan F-G: I can't say this place stresses me out like it has done before. Having a cooperative team that not only gets on with each other but also work together well means I actually enjoy being within FEO and don't tend to get stressed.

Sammygm: I don't, especially when it came to our EvE Online venture

Three of Seven has got to be the best President the UFP has had since John Hathaway, she knows what changes to make to improve the community. Not to mention her activity level is superb, I don't think we've ever had a leader this active. Kudos to you for being active as well as
    Three of Seven: Thank you, there are many changes that still have to be made and things that are still work in progress, but that's all our technical team, not me and I have to say, Jordan have both been doing great work for the website! It's certainly by no means all me, a leader needs a good team and FEO is working well with each other, community activity and involvement is important to me, it always has been.

Jonathan F-G: Three is certainly a person who can push through her agenda and vision with complete ease. She is easy to work with and a great support within FEO. Her leadership has in no small part helped turn FEO into a more effective group.

If you don't mind, I do have a couple of questions:

Three, since entering the role of Fleet Admiral do you find that your stress level has increased? I would hate for any member of FEO to be too terribly stressed, this is an online community after all.

What is your proudest moment in the UFP? (Doesn't have to be while you were in FEO, could be while you were a CL4!)
    Three of Seven: Do I feel stressed? Nope, if members of FEO are stressed, I do tell them I will help with anything they need, but me personally, nah. Before taking on the role of Fleet Admiral, it was stressful at times, that's partly because FEO wasn't working as a team, the atmosphere has really changed to be a more positive one. As for my proudest moment, hard to say, as a paragon of virtue, I don't have a sense of pride, as that is very sinful!

Sammygm: My proudest moment was as Head of Stafleet Holodeck. Being able to do a SWTOR raid with everyone whilst being on teamspeak was a lot of fun! And I was really happy with building Holodeck like that.

Have no idea who is running what or how well they are doing it. Getting no communication what so ever.
    Three of Seven: Your RSO should be providing you with information, you are always free to send me a message as well if you want to talk to me. This should be true for most of volunteers who help run things.

Sammygm: You can find out more about Departments and Divisions by clicking on the downwards arrow in about and gaming at the top of our website.

all good
    Three of Seven: Great!

The team do a good job keeping the ship right and the course charted.
    Three of Seven: Don't use navigational terms please, I can't read a map! But thank you!

Don't even know who that is or what exactly they do
    Three of Seven: I am Three of Seven, Fleet Admiral around here and I set the direction for the UFP. The rest of the members of FEO help to put my vision into practice, or they disagree with me and we reach an agreement.

KerryMalone: I am KerryMalone, Head of Community Development, and I oversee member engagement and improvements to the community. I currently supervise the Academy, our news services and the Ares Roleplay Project. What I do can be a tad vague though.

Jonathan F-G: I am Jonathan F-G, Head of Community Administration. I am in charge of FAB, the Federation Administrative Bureau, which looks after forum moderation, creates graphics for the community and external communication with other communities. I am also directly responsible for handling the UFP's finances, for which I produce quarterly financial statements for transparency, and I am also in charge of enforcing the UFP's rules.

Jordan: I am Jordan, Joint Head of Technical Services. I oversee all of the UFP's technical assets and maintain, update or implement new functionality to the server and website.

Sammygm: I am Sammygm, Head of Gaming. Together with my deputy Adster94, we maintain anything to do with gaming in our community. We also look for new games or events to support.

UFP is a very transparent and well-run community. Very few issues seem to occur. Plenty of staff volunteer (though seemingly more Europeans than Americans) and many are long-standing, and a high retention of volunteer staff is a great achievement!
    Three of Seven: Transparency is something we have been working hard to improve during my term and I am glad it is being noticed. I am pleased with the people who choose to volunteer, we do tend to see more European members take up roles, but I would love to see some American members take up roles too, it would really help with our coverage of the community!

Obviously
    Three of Seven: Duh!

Kudos to the FEO for being engaged with the community. Vastly marked improvements where it feels good again to see the names in Orange talking about good or mundane things, instead of just making announcements. I'd even be ok with the orange becoming Pink, as Three has done an outstanding job as the Chief. Cheers to you Three and the FEO.
    Three of Seven: I would love for the orange to become pink, but I'm not sure how the rest of FEO would feel about that, I don't think the vote would swing in my favour. Alternatively, the role of Fleet Admiral could have it's own colour! I thank you for the positive comment, it is definately a team effort and I am pleased with the way FEO is moving along and getting involved, I commend them for their work!

Sammygm: "I would love for the orange to become pink." How about noooOOoooOooOo

Haven't been long enough to really see much but it seems efficient and communicative.
    Three of Seven: Well, hopefully you are encouraged to hang around and get to know everyone a bit more!

I strongly approve if there is a cat
    Three of Seven: I'M A CAT, MEOW, CHECK ME OUT, I'M A CAT, MEOW!

KerryMalone: ::Groan:: Now look what you've done...

A well run group from top to bottom!
    Three of Seven: Thank you very much!

Very well run
    Three of Seven: Good to hear!

I'm new, so I haven't gotten anything to base my opinions on
    Three of Seven: I'm sure you will develop some opinions soon enough.

I don't have much to say about FEO.
    Three of Seven: I on the other hand, have a lot to say about FEO, but best not said in public.

I have just joined the site. My next survey will be more informative.
    Three of Seven: I look forward to it! And I hope you get settled in, if there's anything you need, let me know and I'll try and point you in the right direction.
  2. Infinity

Account Deleted

• Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Bedders
    KerryMalone: Bit of the old "Woosaaah", otherwise being horrible to Infinity helps.
    Name:  giphy.gif
Views: 150
Size:  647.8 KB

Great feedback thread anyway! Sorry to hear about the 2% drop though! Sad (I promise I clicked the highest positive button!)
    • Pillar of the Community
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Be a registered user for 10 years

Unlocked Sat 31 Jul, 2021 4:06 AM

34.22% have received this achievement

• Academy Dean
      Rare (50 Points)

Be Head of Starfleet Academy

Unlocked Sun 01 Jan, 2017 1:49 PM

0.08% have received this achievement

• To Boldly Go On and On
      Rare (50 Points)

Reach one-thousand posts on the forums

Unlocked Sun 18 Sep, 2016 4:01 PM

0.71% have received this achievement

• Commodore
      Rare (50 Points)

Receive a promotion to the rank of Commodore

Unlocked Sat 17 Dec, 2016 11:12 PM

0.48% have received this achievement

• Make It So, Number One
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Be Starfleet Operations Executive Officer

Unlocked Mon 02 May, 2016 4:01 PM

0.08% have received this achievement

• Well Respected
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Reach reputation tier 6

Unlocked Tue 03 Dec, 2019 3:08 AM

0.70% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    Donated
    £100+
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • None
    I'm sorry I must have picked the strongly disagree button by mistake. Damn my dyslexia!
    MarkOkuda
    MarkOkuda Medals

"This is the way"