• None
    Reply With QuoteQuote
    SFA SURVEY RESULTS

JUNE 2017 APPROVAL: 98%
    SEPT 2017 APPROVAL: 100%(+2%)

DEPARTMENT REVIEW:
    NOT REQUIRED

SURVEY FEEDBACK

I hope the new team can do some really good stuff.
    T'Tan That is the plan indeed. Thank you for your confidence!

Petrarch We hope so too!

I don't know how the taskings for this would work, while I do like the was SFA is run, I personally think that it would be cool if SFA could write something similar to "get to know" guides for the basics of each of the games UFPlanets supports.
    I've had little involvement with Starfleet academy other than completing the introductory 'exam'
    T'Tan Now for the first point: That is something we already have in mind. We are still at the early stages, but we will keep it on our agenda and also discuss it with the Gaming divisions.
    A chance for getting involved with us could be the reinstallation of SFA New Members Welcome Session during the upcoming UFPAC weekend. This is a good chance for any member - new or old - to get to know the leaders of different divisions and to ask questions about the games and the UFP community.

Petrarch Taking these 2 points together, that's something we're taking a look at now things have settled down. There has been a long standing concern that SFA can seem disconnected from the community at large once cadets are relinquished, so we're discussing ways to improve that. The guides are something that have been previously mentioned and other ideas such as videos and academy events have been proposed. Things are still in the very initial stages but we hope to have a couple of things off the ground in time and build from there.

Nice but there should be another position within SFA, not just RSO.
    Have no idea who is running what or how well they are doing it. Getting no communication what so ever.
    T'Tan Anything specific as a suggestion? There are some thoughts currently that could lead to some new positions aside the four we already have: Commanding Officer, Executive Officer, Recruitment Coordinator and Recruit Support Officer.

Petrarch Which additional positions do people feel we should have? There are currently 4 distinct positions within SFA - the RSO's, the Recruitment Coordinator, the XO and the CO. The SFA in turn falls under KerryMalone's FEO/CL6 remit. The SFA Department page shows the current staff members. There has been a lot of staffing changes recently and as above, we're looking at ways we can improve our member interaction.

Look like there was a string of turnover, but it is also good to see that things still run well. Kudos to the RSOs on that, as they are the heart and soul of this department. To the new leadership, best of luck and keep your chins up. It isn't an easy job but the fact that you are willing to do the work, says a lot. Cheers.
    I look forward to seeing what the new leadership group can do!
    T'Tan There have been some turbulent times and we just can give the RSOs all the credit because they kept the department running by doing a great job. Also, thank you for the warm words. Hopefully, we can bring in some continuity and also a few fresh ideas for the future. Please be patient with us, we do our best.

Petrarch Cheers! Without the RSO's, we wouldn't be able to do what we're designed to do. There was indeed a string of turnover but stay tuned for future plans!.

There appears to be a distinct lack of cake!
    T'Tan As long as there is some Romulan Ale we hopefully could live with it.

Petrarch There certainly is. The Academy replicators simply can't handle that kind of power.

all good
    T'Tan Cheers, glad to hear!

Petrarch Except for the lack of cake.

I generally disapprove with what Starfleet Academy is charged with, in terms of it's duties. SFA should be actively running training courses and leadership development for it's staff and cadets. Taking a simple exam to be a officer or NCO is not enough.
    T'Tan I agree with you in the point that the exam can never be the only thing that decides whether to be an officer or not. It is in the responsibility of the department and division leadership to decide if someone is ready for a job. About the training courses and leadership development I am not entirely sure how this could be done in detail. But please feel free to contact me directly if you have some suggestions you like to see realized.

Petrarch I'm sorry to hear you don't approve of what we do. We are seeking ways to increase our interaction and experience with the community however that will take time and we can only ask for people to bear with us and thank them for their patience as we plan ways to do this. Once we have a couple of solid ideas which are practical to take forward as a starting point, we'll be sure to get those out in public and we'd encourage members to join in. The SFA will do their best to support the community in the weeks and months ahead, though we in turn need their support for things to run smoothly.

In terms of the exams, while we typically include a link to these in the member welcome PM, they have recently become non-mandatory so people are free to take them or not. They do provide a good overview of the community rules which are always worth brushing up on. In terms of ranking, remember that the UFPAC every 3 months are ways for the community members to be recognised by their fellow members and if someone seeks to volunteer, they are fully vetted and checked behind the scenes by the department heads and CL6 staff. That being said, we will have a look at ways to improve the new member experience as part of the recruitment operations review.

New members feel welcomed and the exam they are encouraged to take is more like a tutorial, introducing different aspects of the forums.
    T'Tan That is basically one of our most important duties in the community and I am glad to hear it works as intended.

Petrarch Thank you, we do our best to make sure people feel welcomed. We don't always hear back from cadets, but our putting out the welcome mat is part and parcel of what SFA does.

I only wish that the Cadet Handover posts were used as intended. As of now I don't believe that they are and because of that the RSO's are doing extra work that has already been completed by the applicant on the initial application for UFP membership.
    T'Tan Yes, if it is technical feasible we could improve the process with the Cadet Handover posts and ease the life of our RSOs. We are looking into it.

Petrarch There are a couple of technical changes in mind for the form which I believe T'Tan has forwarded on. If there are any further suggestions or issues regarding the form, please contact us and let us know your thoughts.

I have just joined the site. My next survey will be more informative.
    T'Tan Welcome again. So hopefully your orientation phase went well. Anyway, any feedback is always welcome and I am curious what the next survey will bring up.

Petrarch Welcome aboard! Please feel free to contact a member of the Academy staff at any time. If you, or indeed anyone else, needs to speak to myself or T'Tan, our doors are always open.
    KerryMalone
    KerryMalone Medals
    I'd be delighted to offer any advice I have on understanding women. When I have some, I'll let you know.
    CAPT. JEAN LUC PICARD
  2. Infinity

Account Deleted

• Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • T'Tan
    Reply With QuoteQuote
    Very nice survey! Good work guys! Cool