• None
    • Users who liked
    • Saelanna
    • Scarlett
    • Generator
    • Allan Hood
    • Silynn
    Reply With QuoteQuote
     –  Last edited by Brask; Thu 11 Jan, 2018 4:49 PM.
    Ensign Xin Relor

Name:  xin relor.jpg
Views: 423
Size:  43.8 KB

Character Information
    Species : Bolian

Physical Appearance
    Height : 1.80m
    Weight : 76kg
    Hair Color : Bald
    Eye Color : Green
    Physical Description : As fit and toned as is required for Starfleet service, but no more. Still with more belly than his Academy fitness instructor would have liked.

Family
    Spouse : None
    Children : None
    Father : Tokk Relor (Sanitation Engineer, Bolarian Historical Sewers, Bolarus IX)
    Mother : Nimia Relor (Chef, Lysia’s Bistro, Bolarus IX)
    Brother(s) : None
    Sister(s) : None
    Other Family : Uncle Mot (Barber, USS Enterprise-D)

Personality & Traits
    General Overview :
    == Academy Psychological Evaluation ==
    ESTP (The Doer) - Xin fits well into “The Doer” category. His attitude is very focused towards getting on and making progress rather than spending time fully exploring the range potential solutions. Should do well in junior positions where tasks are dictated but may struggle in senior positions when needed to ensure that all possible solutions have been considered.

Strengths & Weaknesses :
    == Academy Evaluation ==
    Cadet Relor’s main strength is his willingness to get stuck into the task at hand, no matter how dirty, and get things done. His weaknesses are an aversion to making tough decisions, especially if it involves putting others at risk, he tends to rely on the security of superiors to make hard calls. This has led to his failure with the Bridge Officer exam.

== Addition from Supervising Officer, Utopia Planitia ==
    Ensign Relor’s enthusiasm is infectious among those who work with him. I’ve never seen an engineering team so up beat when working on refitting the bio-waste systems of a starship but apparently, as Xin’s father would say, “If you want a toilet working right, send a Bolian”. A word of warning for future supervisors though, always have an exit strategy. Ensign Relor could talk legs off a donkey. I hope that this enthusiasm takes him where he wants to go in Starfleet.

Ambitions : To join the Starfleet Corps of Engineers

Hobbies & Interests : Archive Archaeology - Reconstructing corrupted or deleted data from long lost archives

History
    Personal History :
    == Extracted from application for transfer to USS Ares ==
    My father was a Sanitation Engineer on Bolarus IX. My mother, a Chef. Neither were fond of the idea of space travel. All those dangers, diseases, and wars, it seemed to them far more sensible to keep their feet firmly on Bolarus.

But I grew up with the stories from Uncle Mot, a barber who found employment within Starfleet including, later, the flagship USS Enterprise-D. I was fascinated with how ships had set out into the unknown. As a child this was all I wanted to do but my parent’s gradually dissuaded me from this out of concern for my safety.

So I then started following in my father’s footsteps, training towards becoming a sanitation engineer when the Dominion War front came to the Bolian border. It was then that I saw how Starfleet engineers, who I later learnt were actually part of the highly elite Corps of Engineers, set about preparing defenses for the planet and citizens.

Seeing the Starfleet Engineering Corp in action revitalised my childhood dream of serving in Starfleet and with the war being proof that even firmly planted on Bolarus the dangers of space could still find me, my parents finally supported my decision. I was going to fly!

I applied myself to my studies with all the enthusiasm of my Bolian spirit and at the first chance took my entrance exam for Starfleet Academy. I failed. But I was going to fly, so reapplied with a new determination. This time I was successful, possibly helped by personnel shortage that the war was inflicting.

During my studies at the academy I realised just how exemplary my fellow cadets were. Starfleet really did have the pickings of the best and brightest. It was these top classmates that were earmarked for the big leagues. The sort of flashy postings that get you the experience needed for the Corps of Engineers were looking further from my grasp everyday and, upon graduating, I found my best option for serving on the starships I’d dreamed about was at Utopia Planitia, repairing and refitting the post war fleet.

But as luck would have it I found myself detailed to work on the refit of the USS Ares, commissioned to be part of Starfleet's first deep space exploration since the Dominion War. As the refit is nearing its end I’d like to take the opportunity apply for transfer. I hope that my familiarity with the refitted systems will work in my favour.

I’m really hoping you’ll give me the opportunity to go where no Bolian has gone before, even if it's just as part of the diagnostics and maintenance team.

Thank you for your consideration.
    == APPLICATION ACCEPTED - Junior Officer Engineering ==

Service Record :
    2374 - 2378 Starfleet Academy

2378 - 2381 Junior Engineering Officer, Utopia Planitia Fleet Yards

2381 ++ Junior Engineering Officer, USS Ares