41.18% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Generator
    • Silynn
    Reply With QuoteQuote
     –  Last edited by Scarlett; Mon 22 Jan, 2018 4:44 PM.
    The Chancellor of Trell, Wushar, stood on the transporter pad with a bemused smirk having just asked a question to Captain Kathryn Beringer. Metallic trickets in muted colors clinked as arms disappeared into the folds of his deep black floor-length robe.

She could not control her surprise. “You can’t be serious, we are talking about the Borg!”

“I am very serious. Thanks to the Federation, several members of the Perfect want to make a religious pilgrimage.”

Kathryn looked away to consider the Chancellor’s request, yet could only think of obstacles. “Forgive me Chancellor, but -”

Wushar chuckled to interrupt. “I thought this might happen, so allow me to be blunt: fulfill this appeal and the Trellans will join the Federation without further demands or concessions.”

“This is a very grave demand, don’t you think?”

“Maybe from your point of view, Captain.”

“Definitely from my point of view.”

The Chancellor scoffed. “I hope you are not trying to impose Federation values upon us this late in the process? The Trellans certainly welcome the benefits of membership without … strain.” Believing he had the upper hand, he became smug. “Correct me if I’m wrong Captain, but aren’t our Dilithium mines why the Federation wants a foothold in this region of the Delta Quadrant?”

Kathryn politely smiled. “The Dilithium is an interesting fact of your beautiful world.”

“Excellent. Please take time to consider the request. I’m sure the pious people of Trell would appreciate the results.” Wushar looked to the wall behind Kathryn as a sign he was finished with the conversation. “Until we meet again, Captain.”

Turning to the transporter chief, Kathryn nodded. The Chancellor was bathed in blue light and disappeared.

+++

Kathryn exited the Holodeck panting and dried sweat from her face with a towel. She stopped in the hallway when she sensed another person standing nearby.

Christa Harrington stood almost eye level to Kathryn and wore a bright toothy smile. “Good morning, Cap!”

Returning the smile and wiping the towel across her arms, Kathryn nodded for them to walk down the hallway and took steps from the Holodeck. Christa caught up and matched Kathryn’s quicken pace. “Counselor, nice to see you are in good spirits.”

“Always, O Captain, my Captain.”

Draping the towel over the opposite shoulder to Christa, Kathryn replied, “indeed. To what do I owe the pleasure? We are not due for a chat until next week, if I recall correctly.”

Christa placed her hands behind her back as they walked. “True. I hope you will forgive me, Captain, but there is some scuttlebutt about the Trellans, so I thought to check in on you.”

Rolling her eyes, Kathryn offered, “Their ‘walk-away’ condition to joining the Federation is … obtuse.”

“Well said, sir.”

Kathryn stopped and looked at Christa, annoyed by the retort. Another crewmember dodged past the pair standing in the middle of the hallway. Christa still wore an infectious smile.

Christa shrugged, “it’s true!”

After a few seconds, Kathryn started smiling as well. Walking again at a more relaxed pace, annoyance returned to Kathryn’s demeanor as she recalled the Chancellor’s parting words. “Whoever thought delivering a group of religious pilgrims to Borg space could stall a negotiation.”

Christa nodded at the declaration. “What do you plan to do?”

Kathryn slowed her pace and placed her hands behind her back in contemplation. “The Trellans have built a spiritual following around the Borg and the Cooperative is not an option for them; something about a ‘false path’.”

“So, Is this an unreasonable request?”

Kathryn shook her head. “It’s all relative. From where I stand, the Borg continues to be the single greatest threat to the galaxy. Yet, I’ve been instructed that the Dilithium ore found on the planet this deep in the Delta Quadrant is a resource Starfleet does not want to lose.”

Christa nodded. “And the price bothers you?”

“You and I know what happens when someone becomes assimilated. It’s a cost some Trellans want to go through!”

The pair reached an intersection. Kathryn backed onto a wall and crossed her arms, looking down at the floor. She then extended both arms as if to start juggling ideas. “On the surface, the Federation’s goal is clear: continued expansion into the Delta Quadrant. The Trellans want to join the Federation. Their sovereignty as a member, especially as a prospective member, is paramount.” She reached for rank pips on a uniform she was not wearing.

The counselor knew that was a sign Kathryn was deep in though. Christa rocked on her heels for several seconds waiting to see if Kathryn added more. After a few more seconds, she stopped and suggested, “It seems to me you have made a decision.”

Kathryn sighed and pushed away from the wall, walking toward a turbolift. Christa followed. The Captain looked over her shoulder and declared, “I am being ordered to sacrifice some conviction and it does not feel good.”

---
    Cast for crew:
    Kathryn Beringer - Katheryn Winnick
    Christa Harrington - Emily Bett Rickards
    Chancellor Wushar - Jeff Goldblum
    • Starfleet's Finest
      Common (10 Points)

Be a member of Starfleet Operations

Unlocked Thu 02 Apr, 2015 8:02 PM

28.11% have received this achievement

• tlhIngan SuvwI'
      Common (10 Points)

Be a member of the House of Kular

Unlocked Thu 02 Apr, 2015 8:02 PM

13.08% have received this achievement

• To Boldly Go On and On
      Rare (50 Points)

Reach one-thousand posts on the forums

Unlocked Wed 27 Dec, 2023 10:04 PM

0.71% have received this achievement

• Paragon of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Sign three roll calls in a row

Unlocked Mon 28 Sep, 2015 8:01 PM

9.77% have received this achievement

• Eternal Servitude!
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Be a registered user for five years

Unlocked Wed 01 Apr, 2020 10:08 PM

74.95% have received this achievement

• Well Respected
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Reach reputation tier 6

Unlocked Sun 02 Sep, 2018 12:03 PM

0.70% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Scarlett
    Reply With QuoteQuote
    I love it, but you can't have Jeff Goldblum. In my head, Thor: Ragnarok has turned into a roommate sitcom, with Thor, Hulk and Darryl as the main characters, Korg and Miq as the guys down the hall, and the Grandmaster as their zany landlord.

Show's been green-lit, and ordered for a 30-season run. Sorry, I have all the Goldblum.
    • The Fool
      Rare (50 Points)

Got pranked on April 1st

Unlocked Thu 01 Apr, 2021 7:46 PM

0.32% have received this achievement

• Paragon of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Sign three roll calls in a row

Unlocked Thu 01 Mar, 2018 2:01 AM

9.77% have received this achievement

• Tour of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

RSVP to ten events via the Events System

Unlocked Thu 11 Jan, 2018 8:03 PM

1.31% have received this achievement

• Dean’s List
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Pass all three Academy exams

Unlocked Tue 10 Oct, 2017 8:02 PM

3.99% have received this achievement

• Captain
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Ascend the ranks to reach the Captains chair

Unlocked Sat 28 Sep, 2019 9:12 PM

0.67% have received this achievement

• Firestarter
      Common (10 Points)

Start a new forum topic

Grandfathered

41.18% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • None
    Reply With QuoteQuote
    Lulz. It's all good. Goldblum agreed to a one-shot, check the contract. Tongue Out