• Scarlett
    • Eaglesg
    • Kiflin
    Reply With QuoteQuote
    Name:  Promenade_floor_plan.png
Views: 166
Size:  267.1 KB
    Pre-Launch arrival - Sam Urquhart

Sam & Akyv both step out of the airlock from their transport ship. He takes a look around and finds a map of the station, studies it quickly and says aloud, "Computer, has the Ares docked yet?"

The USS ARES is due for arrival in 3.2 days.

Sam nodded and said to Akyv, "Let's get a bite at Quark's." She simply smiled and nodded. About an hour later, they had a room ready for them. Standard proceedure for anyone waiting to begin their assignment on an outgoing ship. Sam sat at a small desk in the quarters, reading some documents when Akyv came up behind him & gently kissed him on the neck. "Hey," he said, "enjoying the trip?" She smiled softly and said, "Yeah. The station is beautiful!"

Sam smiled widely and said, "I thought you would. Cardassian architecture is very stunning." She stepped away from him, towards the window and crossed her arms. "Were you here before?" she asked. He thought for a bit, then said, "Little over 5 years ago. Can't say what for."

"Must've be something important," Akyv said, "for you to not say why." Sam turned to her and said, "Please stop, you know why I can't say. It's not like I'm wearing the uniform." She sighed, sat at the end of the bed and said, "It's just...I'm worried about this assignment you're on." He took her hands and said, "I can assure you that I'm going to be on the safest ship the fleet has. Nothing will happen to me." A voice in his said, God Willing.

Akyv smiled widely, pulled him in close and kissed him on the lips.

END SCENE
    JoshBroughm
    JoshBroughm Medals
    • Pillar of the Community
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Be a registered user for 10 years

Unlocked Mon 26 Aug, 2019 11:07 PM

34.48% have received this achievement

• The Ghost Writer
      Rare (50 Points)

Be the Commanding Officer of the Roleplay Division

Unlocked Wed 23 Jun, 2021 10:02 PM

0.04% have received this achievement

• Commodore
      Rare (50 Points)

Receive a promotion to the rank of Commodore

Unlocked Wed 23 Jun, 2021 9:11 PM

0.50% have received this achievement

• Captain
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Ascend the ranks to reach the Captains chair

Unlocked Tue 31 Jan, 2012 5:44 PM

0.67% have received this achievement

• Paragon of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Sign three roll calls in a row

Unlocked Mon 28 Sep, 2015 8:01 PM

9.75% have received this achievement

• Highly Decorated
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Receive every medal the UFP has to offer

Unlocked Sat 24 Sep, 2022 9:00 PM

0.18% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Scarlett
    • Eaglesg
    • Kiflin
    Reply With QuoteQuote
    Wedding dress Shopping

Akyv was down on the Promenade looking about the place when she stumbled across the Clothier's shop. She went in & perused the selection of women's dresses. Nothing caught her eye, so she approached the Cardassian running the shop behind the counter. "Yes, mad'am?" The tailor said. "I'm looking for some sort of a wedding dress. Do you do that-," she said, but was cut off by the tailor. "Miss," he said curtly, but with a slight smile, "I can make you anything you want. Just tell me what you are looking for." She smiled and said, "Have you made dresses for Andorians Mr..." He coughed a bit and said, "Just Garack and yes, I have." He brought up various pictures of the dresses he made. She thought for a moment, then said, pointing at a slim fitting ball gown, "This one looks good. How long to have it made?" Garak tapped a console, then said, "This one's fairly complex. I'll have to get your measurements." She reached into her leather jacket and produced an isoleniar chip. "This should do." Akyv said.

Garak smiled and said, "This will do just fine. I'll have the dress completed in about six weeks." She nodded and said, "Have it sent to Earth, New Jersey, Dawson heights apartments." He took down the info and said, "You'll have it two days after its done." She smiled and said, "How much do I-" Garak held up his hand and said, "My dear lady, this one is on the house." Her antennae wiggled a bit with joy and said, "Thank you Mr..." He smiled and said, "Just plain, simple, Garak." Withthat, she parted company with the Cardassian and went to grab herself a bite to eat.

Meanwhile...

Sam sat in the security office with the chief of security & the station commander. He looked at a PADD and said to them, "You have to be kidding me?!" The commander said bluntly, "He had a massive heart attack on his way back to Quo'nos." Sam sighed and rubbed his forehead, saying, "No Klingon wants to go out like that, especially him. I worked with that man for five damned years. Healthy as an ox, he was." The chief said, "The Empire is opening an investigation into his passing. This was very sudden. They believe-" Sam interrupted, saying, "-that it was an assassination attempt." The commander nodded.

END SCENE
    JoshBroughm
    JoshBroughm Medals
    • Pillar of the Community
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Be a registered user for 10 years

Unlocked Mon 26 Aug, 2019 11:07 PM

34.48% have received this achievement

• The Ghost Writer
      Rare (50 Points)

Be the Commanding Officer of the Roleplay Division

Unlocked Wed 23 Jun, 2021 10:02 PM

0.04% have received this achievement

• Commodore
      Rare (50 Points)

Receive a promotion to the rank of Commodore

Unlocked Wed 23 Jun, 2021 9:11 PM

0.50% have received this achievement

• Captain
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Ascend the ranks to reach the Captains chair

Unlocked Tue 31 Jan, 2012 5:44 PM

0.67% have received this achievement

• Paragon of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Sign three roll calls in a row

Unlocked Mon 28 Sep, 2015 8:01 PM

9.75% have received this achievement

• Highly Decorated
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Receive every medal the UFP has to offer

Unlocked Sat 24 Sep, 2022 9:00 PM

0.18% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Eaglesg
    • Kiflin
    Reply With QuoteQuote
    Chancellor

Sam spent the next several days in a stupor and has spent most of his time staring out at the wormhole. A man whom he worked with and considered a close friend, dead. He hadn't lost anyone this close in quite a long while. He was sipping on a rakdajino when he heard a rather gruff, Klingon voice.

ghaHtaH, qaStaHvIS stovokor, DaH. Qo' mourn ghaHvaD.

Sam responded, "DaneHbogh yIta'?" He turned around to see Martok, chancellor of the Klingon Empire. "Your Klingonese has improved." Martok chuckled, then produced a bottle of Blood Wine. "I keep forgetting about how your kind deal with death." Sam said, Just chuck the body out the nearest airlock after you send a text to the afterlife saying another warrior comes rolls up on them." He stopped for a moment and asked, "Why are..." Martok sat down and said, "On a stopover to a conference on Pacifica and i thought I'd deliver our results of the ambassador's autopsy. It was a genetic disorder in his family. Wasn't delectable until death."

Sam nodded and said, "Not a way for a warrior to go, eh?" Martok said to him, sagely, "We are always in a eternal battle with time from the day we are birthed. It is how we live that battle that matters. This bottle of Blood Wine is to celebrate his life. And this..." He pulled out a very ornate Klingon dagger, "...was his. It was stated in his final request that you receive this, as he considered you a brother." Sam smiled and said, "I am very Honored." Martok stood up and said, loudly, "Qua'Pla!" Sam nodded and took a sip of his coffee.

That day, he had a case made for the dagger and had it stored with his belongings. Closure came to him, all in that short conversation.

USS ARES NOW ARRIVING AT LOWER DOCKING PYLON 3. All crew assigned to Ares, please report to station XO for further instructions.

END SCENE

- - - Updated - - -

I actually used a translator for the klingon text. Very neato!
    JoshBroughm
    JoshBroughm Medals