• Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Scarlett
    • Generator
    • Asteropax
    • Allan Hood
    • Kiflin
     –  Last edited by Kiflin; Thu 16 Jun, 2022 11:06 AM.
    giphy

Star Trek Ares - Season 1

Chapter 1 - Cardassian Duty

Primary Location

Mission Summary

Stardate: 58776.2 (October 11, 2381)
    The USS Ares, NCC-79116, embarks on its first mission of humanitarian aid to Cardassian colony worlds, located en route to unexplored space in the Alpha Quadrant.

The Ares will drop off supplies, including portable matter replicators and one industrial replicator for the colony. Our goal is to temporarily help with making these colonies self-sufficient as part of the Cardassia Union's Reconstruction.

As representatives of Starfleet Command, we are to meet with the colonists and their leaders, earning the proverbial "hearts and minds" by taking 2 weeks to give Federation aid and hospitality, helping the injured, reducing radiation levels and damage, and creating new homes and infrastructures, in addition to any general relief efforts.

Cardassian space is teeming with Orions, Nausicaans, and Ferengi; they are taking advantage of the logistical chaos of these Cardassian colonies. Reports of Orions enslaving colonists, Nausicaans raiding ships, and Ferengi profiting by exploiting colonists, due to the desperate situation. The Ares is expected to take all lawful steps necessary to safeguard the colonists through both negotiation and/or defense.

Stardate: 58853 (November 8, 2381)
    The USS Ares will depart the Demilitarized Zone to resume its mission to seek out new life and new civilizations, charting unexplored space in the Alpha Quadrant, upon the arrival of additional Starfleet relief vessels.
    Name:  Ares Star Chart.jpg
Views: 1139
Size:  365.5 KB
    Source: Star Trek Star Charts: The Complete Atlas of Star Trek

Secondary Location - Dorvan V, Cardassian Colony World, Demilitarized Zone
    • Stardate: 58812 (October 24, 2381)
      Dorvan V - Home to a colony of Native Americans from Earth, featuring a Habak. The colonists renounced their Federation citizenship and agreed to be governed by the Cardassian government in 2370.

The planet's features include at least one continent, as well as mountains and rivers similar to ancient North America, Earth. Since the attack, crops have not grown to their full potential, due to radiation exposure.

Colonists suffer from malnutrition, growing the minimum amount of crops necessary to their survival. Nausicaans raid remaining crops, force the colonists to mine ladarium, and torment the colonists for sport.

Starfleet believes there is a weapons depot hidden on the northern continent since the beginning of the war and wants it retrieved before it falls into the wrong hands.
      Name:  cherokee-village.jpg
Views: 568
Size:  84.0 KB

NOTE: Please remember to follow the Handbook rules (especially the formatting basics for Joint Posts) - Here is a formatting example
    Special thanks to KaiserKirk, Nesta, Eaglesg and Asteropax for story ideas and inspiration.
    ARP 240
    • Starfleet's Finest
      Common (10 Points)

Be a member of Starfleet Operations

Unlocked Thu 02 Apr, 2015 8:02 PM

28.11% have received this achievement

• tlhIngan SuvwI'
      Common (10 Points)

Be a member of the House of Kular

13.08% have received this achievement

• To Boldly Go On and On
      Rare (50 Points)

Reach one-thousand posts on the forums

Unlocked Wed 27 Dec, 2023 10:04 PM

0.71% have received this achievement

• Paragon of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Sign three roll calls in a row

Unlocked Mon 28 Sep, 2015 8:01 PM

9.77% have received this achievement

• Eternal Servitude!
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Be a registered user for five years

Unlocked Wed 01 Apr, 2020 10:08 PM

74.95% have received this achievement

• Well Respected
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Reach reputation tier 6

Unlocked Sun 02 Sep, 2018 12:03 PM

0.70% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Eaglesg
    • Scarlett
    • Silynn
    • Asteropax
    • Allan Hood
     –  Last edited by Allan Hood; Sat 17 Mar, 2018 8:04 AM.
    USS Ares
    Deck 11 - Arboretum

OOC: Scarlett and I were just waiting on the Captain’s announcement to finish our conversation in Prelude.
    Originally Posted by A’Mand
    “Although, I suppose one should look for adventure in any chosen path. Wouldn’t you agree?”
    Jim joined the Lieutenant at the window, and nodded at her question. “To a point, sure. But I also keep thinking about something my grandfather used to say. ‘Don’t go looking for snakes, you might find them.’” He was about to expand on the thought, when the shipwide intercoms gave the Captain’s address:

Originally Posted by Captain Wilson
    =/\= "All hands, this is the Captain. As you know, we're about to restart Starfleet's biggest project, the very definition of why the Federation is existing since 220 years: to seek out new worlds and explore space. We have no idea of the dangers we're going to face, but one thing is clear: we will make some friends there, and unfortunately some enemies. In a few minutes there will be no turning back, but if you are on this particular ship that's because you all signed for this. I know that I can count on everyone and that this crew and this ship are about to make History." =/\=
    Jim listened appreciatively, then when it was finished, turned to A’Mand. “Well, it sounds like they’re playing our song. I’d better get back down to the Hangar deck, and see if I can’t get my fighter checked out.” He salutes her, as A’Mand does have a half-rank on him. “Lieutenant, I look forward to serving with you. It’s been a pleasure meeting you.”

((TAG A’Mand))
    • Paragon of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Unlocked Fri 01 Jun, 2018 11:04 AM

• Dean’s List
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Pass all three Academy exams

Unlocked Sat 09 Dec, 2017 10:01 AM

3.99% have received this achievement

• Lieutenant Commander
      Common (10 Points)

Receive a promotion to the rank of Lieutenant Commander

Unlocked Sat 24 Mar, 2018 11:01 PM

0.91% have received this achievement

• Tabloid Journalism
      Common (10 Points)

Be a writer for the Federation News Service

Unlocked Thu 28 Dec, 2017 10:02 PM

0.44% have received this achievement

• Host
      Common (10 Points)

Host an event via the Events System

Unlocked Fri 05 Jan, 2018 12:05 AM

0.98% have received this achievement

• Affectionate
      Common (10 Points)

Give positive reputation ten times to other users

Unlocked Wed 17 Jan, 2018 12:02 AM

1.58% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Scarlett
    • Silynn
    • Asteropax
    • Allan Hood
    • Kiflin
    USS Ares
    Deck 8, Sickbay

Angus was studying common infections found in Cardassian space when the general alert filled his quiet sickbay office with the sound of the captain's voice. Obediently he looked up from the black console towards the roof as if hearing a message from God.

=/\= "All hands, this is the Captain. As you know, we're about to restart Starfleet's biggest project, the very definition of why the Federation is existing for 220 years: to seek out new worlds and explore space. We have no idea of the dangers we're going to face, but one thing is clear: we will make some friends there, and unfortunately some enemies. In a few minutes, there will be no turning back, but if you are on this particular ship that's because you all signed for this. I know that I can count on everyone and that this crew and this ship are about to make History." =/\=
    As the captain made his speech a broad smile grew on his face. For the first time, he was really thinking about what might be around the corner and it excited him, he felt just like a child who had been given the biggest toy in the toy store. His smile grew wider. The thought of him making history just like the First Fleet or Columbus, finding new and strange things in the infinity of space. For a brief moment of pure vainness, he thought of himself as a statue next to the greats like Einstein, Newton and Darwin. Cheers from outside his office tore him from his fantasies. Angus wasn't a glory seeker and quickly threw the thought away as he got up from his research to address his department that had gathered in the main room.

((Tag Bugsy6))

OOC: Has anyone heard from Bugsy6 (T'Mor), he/she hasn't posted since the beginning of the prelude?
    https://signatures.ufplanets.com/Kirk142.png
  2. RPD Executive Officer

• Correspondent
      Rare (50 Points)

Submit a Federation News Service article

Unlocked Sat 29 Sep, 2018 1:28 PM

• Dedicated
      Rare (50 Points)

Volunteer for 1+ year

Unlocked Fri 05 Oct, 2018 12:21 AM

0.54% have received this achievement

• Captain
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Ascend the ranks to reach the Captains chair

Unlocked Sat 20 May, 2023 6:03 PM

0.67% have received this achievement

• Paragon of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Unlocked Thu 01 Mar, 2018 7:03 AM

• Eternal Servitude!
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Unlocked Tue 16 Aug, 2022 1:01 PM

• Stepping Forward
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Going from Clearance Level 3 to Clearance Level 4

1.91% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    Pronouns
    He/Him
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Generator
    • Scarlett
    • Asteropax
    • Allan Hood
     –  Last edited by Allan Hood; Sat 17 Mar, 2018 8:13 AM.
    USS Ares
    Deck 1 - Bridge

“I hear he has the sense of humor of a Vulcan,” Eleutherio joked, “no offense, ma’am.”

“Why would I be offended, Mr. Eleutherio?” Falora asked without looking from her terminal, still focused on her diagnostic, “You believe your comment was displeasing or affronting? Why would you make a comment that may have insulted me or caused moral outrage?”

“No, no, I only meant that…” Eleutherio began, looking to Hood for support, and understanding, before being interrupted by Falora.

“Vulcans do not have a sense of humor,” Falora stated flatly. “Humor is a difficult concept; it is not logical.”

Eleutherio turned to Falora and back to Hood.

“Was that a joke?” Eleutherio mouthed, nonverbally.
    R'Turan's ears swiveled to to hear the remark, causing the Caitian to let out a low growl and he turned to approach the science officer and his compatriots.
    “I see you have heard of my lack of humor, Mister...” The Caitian purred as he stood before Lt. Hood and the others, yellow eyes drilling holes into Mr. Eleutherio.
    Matt noticed his new first officer waiting before the Ready Room. As the Captain was partially hidden behind one of the bridge supports checking one last time some readings before launch, R'Turan wasn't able to see that he was there and not in his Ready Room.

"Commander, I'm here !", said Wilson. "Welcome aboard, you're right on time. We're about to launch in a few minutes, can you give us a hand ? We'll talk after we left DS9."
    As the captain called, R’Turan turned his head slightly and responded, unsure of where the captain was located on the bridge.
    “I’ll be right there, captain.”

((Tag Allan Hood, Matthew Wilson))
    Nesta
    Nesta Medals
    Pax Vobiscum
    • The Fool
      Rare (50 Points)

Got pranked on April 1st

Unlocked Thu 01 Apr, 2021 7:46 PM

0.32% have received this achievement

• Captain
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Unlocked Sat 28 Sep, 2019 9:12 PM

• Paragon of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Unlocked Thu 01 Mar, 2018 2:01 AM

• Tour of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

RSVP to ten events via the Events System

Unlocked Thu 11 Jan, 2018 8:03 PM

1.31% have received this achievement

• Dean’s List
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Unlocked Tue 10 Oct, 2017 8:02 PM

• Firestarter
      Common (10 Points)

Start a new forum topic

Grandfathered

41.18% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Generator
    • Silynn
    • Asteropax
    • Allan Hood
     –  Last edited by Scarlett; Sat 24 Mar, 2018 6:17 PM.
    USS Ares
    Deck 11 - Arboretum

Captain Wilson's announcement finished and A’Mand looked to James, knowing their conversation had to end.

”Well, it sounds like they’re playing our song. I’d better get back down to the Hangar deck, and see if I can’t get my fighter checked out.” He salutes her, as A’Mand does have a half-rank on him. “Lieutenant, I look forward to serving with you. It’s been a pleasure meeting you.”
    With the mission officially underway, A’Mand recognized her rank in his salutation. A’Mand nods and salutes in return. ”The pleasure is mine, Lieutenant. Thank you for the enlightening conversation! We shall see each other soon, I hope.

They walked to the turbolift in respectful silence. With only one turbolift available on this part of the ship, A’Mand opted for James to take the first pod. Doing so allowed a moment to meditate as she stood waiting. Her terminus was the bridge and another level of concentration and focus was needed there, especially for a ship the size of Ares.

With the ship being relatively flat, A’Mand only spent a handful of seconds in the turbolift: she needed to walk down corridors to another lift that lead to the bridge. She waked passed several crewmembers moving with animated purpose, which alerted her own sense of duty.

Once inside the turbolift she checked her uniform and weaved fingers through her hair to add volume. Although such action could be considered vain, A’Mand used it to realign her physical appearance with her mental fortitude; the bridge of any starship was not a place to have shifting attention. It was also the pinnacle of Starfleet decorum and A’Mand took to heart the human idiom about first impressions. She made sure her long dark hair covered her ears.

USS Ares
    Deck 1 - Bridge

The doors to the bridge opened and A’Mand was greeted with the sights and sounds of excitement. Various crew relayed information to each other or to their consoles. Wearing a passive affect, A’Mand exuded confidence, deliberately and calmly strolling to her seat left of the Captain‘s chair and saluted.

”Captain Wilson, Commander R'Turan, I’m Chief Counselor A’Mand, reporting for duty.”

((Tag Matthew Wilson, retro-tag R'Turan))
    • The Ghost Writer
      Rare (50 Points)

Be the Commanding Officer of the Roleplay Division

Unlocked Sat 29 Sep, 2018 1:05 PM

0.04% have received this achievement

• Rear Admiral
      Rare (50 Points)

Receive a promotion to the rank of Rear Admiral

Unlocked Sun 22 Jul, 2018 12:39 PM

0.46% have received this achievement

• Stepping Forward
      Uncommon (25 Points)

• Paragon of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Unlocked Fri 01 Jun, 2018 9:00 PM

• Well Respected
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Reach reputation tier 6

Unlocked Sat 11 Aug, 2018 12:03 AM

• Dean’s List
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Unlocked Sun 10 Dec, 2017 7:06 AM

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Generator
    • KaiserKirk
    • Allan Hood
    • Scarlett
    • Silynn
     –  Last edited by Allan Hood; Sat 17 Mar, 2018 8:02 AM.
    USS Ares
    Deck 19 - Cargo Hold 3

Lt Commander Dyrell Teriir stepped though the entrance of Cargo Hold 3. He hadn't heard from the security teams there yet and went down to check to see their progress. Locke would say he was going down to 'crack the whip' in case nothing had been done yet. He almost collided with an Andorian female heading out, "Oh, excuse me."

"Commander," she said, a mixture of pleasure and relief entering her voice, "I was just coming to bring you our report."

"Thank you, Lieutenant," he responded as she handed him the PADD. He moved further into the hold so the door would close and began reading through. There was a long list of engineering supplies within. It made sense these supplies were kept in this area because of its close proximity to main engineering and also the collection of maintenance shops. Everything lined up so he returned the PADD to her, "Everything is in order, carry on Miss . . . "

"Shoz," she shook hands with him before taking the PADD, "Vel'Te Shoz."

"Good to meet you."

"Um, it's good to meet you too," she hesitantly replied, "We've indirectly met before. I was on the Kasumigaura at that skirmish in the Atbar system."

"Oh," he commented with a smile as he remembered the skirmish she was referring to. A group of four Orion Syndicate cruisers and a large collection of fighters intercepted them as they were investigating a possible location of a base two years ago. The Icarus, Kasumigaura, and Eritrea soundly defeated the attacking ships and used their telemetry to find the base, which surrendered to them immediately, "It's a pleasure to meet you face to face."

Shoz looked like she wanted to say more but a ring chimed over the intercom. Teriir looked away and tilted his head slightly as he focused on the ship-wide broadcast.
    =/\= "All hands, this is the Captain. As you know, we're about to restart Starfleet's biggest project, the very definition of why the Federation is existing for 220 years: to seek out new worlds and explore space. We have no idea of the dangers we're going to face, but one thing is clear: we will make some friends there, and unfortunately some enemies. In a few minutes, there will be no turning back, but if you are on this particular ship that's because you all signed for this. I know that I can count on everyone and that this crew and this ship are about to make History." =/\=
    "Sounds like we're finally getting underway," he grinned before turning back to her, "Carry on."

She gave him a nod of approval and walked over towards a console nearby. Teriir left Shoz to her business and headed back out the way he came. He decided to head to the ship's arboretum before going to medical for the regeneration therapy. There was plenty of time before his meeting with the rest of the Tactical and Security staff tonight.

((Tag Wilson))
    • To Boldly Go On and On
      Rare (50 Points)

Unlocked Sat 09 Feb, 2019 4:04 PM

• Paragon of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

• Eternal Servitude!
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Unlocked Wed 06 Jan, 2021 11:03 AM

• Tour of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

• Well Respected
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Reach reputation tier 6

• Dean’s List
      Uncommon (25 Points)

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Nesta
    • Scarlett
    • Generator
    • KaiserKirk
     –  Last edited by Allan Hood; Sat 24 Mar, 2018 12:29 AM.
    USS Ares
    Deck 1 - Bridge

R'Turan's ears swiveled to to hear the remark, causing the Caitian to let out a low growl and he turned to approach the science officer and his compatriots.
    The trio of science officers: Hood, Eleutherio, and Falora, all stood at attention as the commander approached. Commander R’Turan, standing two or three heads higher than the human, the liberated Borg, and the Vulcan, with piercing, unblinking, elliptical, yellow eyes, with fangs, now visible up-close, was quite an intimidating sight.
    “I see you have heard of my lack of humor, Mister...” The Caitian purred as he stood before Lt. Hood and the others, yellow eyes drilling holes into Mr. Eleutherio.
    “Yes, sir…I mean, no, sir…” Eleutherio struggled as if standing before a predator, “Eleutherio, sir. Mr. Eleutherio, sir. I didn’t mean any disrespect, sir; I bet you have a great sense of humor, sir. People probably just figured…”

“Ensign…” Hood interjected, shaking his head toward the fraught science officer.

“I apologize, sir,” Eleutherio said, gaining his footing, again. “It won’t happen, again.” Hood nodded, stifling back a smile.

“Mr. Eleutherio seems to often derive his opinions based on widely disseminated sentiments, with no discernible source, quite often,” Falora began, glancing at her subordinate. “His…statements...have been known to not carry any authority for their truth.”

((Tag R'Turan))
    AllanHood Medals
    • Commendation
      Commendation (150 Points)

Awarded during the UFP Award Ceremony to those who go above and beyond for the community

Unlocked Sat 28 Sep, 2019 9:19 PM

0.22% have received this achievement

• Admiral Council
      Rare (50 Points)

Join the Federation Executive Office

Unlocked Mon 04 Oct, 2021 8:01 PM

0.06% have received this achievement

• Correspondent
      Rare (50 Points)

Unlocked Tue 17 Sep, 2019 9:00 AM

• Admiral
      Rare (50 Points)

Receive a promotion to the rank of Admiral

Unlocked Sat 27 Jun, 2020 9:03 PM

• To Boldly Go On and On
      Rare (50 Points)

Unlocked Mon 08 Oct, 2018 11:01 AM

• Tour of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Unlocked Sun 20 May, 2018 12:04 AM

ACHV. Points
    Pronouns
    She/Her
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Scarlett
    • Allan Hood
    • Generator
    USS Ares
    Bridge

Lieutenant Gytaik Oma took up her station at Ops on the bridge; the Ares was due to embark in less than an hour. She began her prelaunch systems checks and diagnostics. The computer signalled that all internal systems, communications and sensors were operating at peak efficiency.

“All systems show ready across the board Captain. DS9 traffic control has cleared us for departure.” Oma reported to Captain Wilson.

The Captain nodded his acknowledgment.

OOC: Feel free to delete/edit the Captain nodding bit, I’m not sure if it’s appropriate…

”Ensign Ulyanov, set a course for Cardassian territory, Warp 7.”
    Saelanna
    Saelanna Medals
    • Starfleet's Finest
      Common (10 Points)

Be a member of Starfleet Operations

28.11% have received this achievement

• tlhIngan SuvwI'
      Common (10 Points)

Be a member of the House of Kular

13.08% have received this achievement

• To Boldly Go On and On
      Rare (50 Points)

Unlocked Wed 27 Dec, 2023 10:04 PM

• Paragon of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

• Eternal Servitude!
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Unlocked Wed 01 Apr, 2020 10:08 PM

• Well Respected
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Reach reputation tier 6

Unlocked Sun 02 Sep, 2018 12:03 PM

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Scarlett
    • Allan Hood
     –  Last edited by Allan Hood; Mon 19 Mar, 2018 9:51 PM.
    USS Ares
    Deck 11 - Turbolift, en route to Deck 17

Jim nodded an acknowledgement to Lt. A’Mand as the turbolift doors shut. When they opened on Deck 17, he got out and started making his way to the aft hangar bay. As he went, the lieutenant tapped his combadge. “Open channel to Chief Logan Ral.” After a pause, he continued. “Chief, this is Lieutenant Cole. I’m heading to the aft hangar bay on Deck Seventeen. If you're not otherwise engaged, can you meet me there? I’d like to sign off on my fighter, and see what Lt. Lechiem has in store for us.”

((TAG Logan Ral))

OOC: also on a less immediately urgent level, Jim still has to learn about his unexpected promotion, so eventual ((TAG: Captain Wilson))
    • Pillar of the Community
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Be a registered user for 10 years

Unlocked Mon 26 Aug, 2019 11:07 PM

34.20% have received this achievement

• The Ghost Writer
      Rare (50 Points)

Unlocked Wed 23 Jun, 2021 10:02 PM

• Commodore
      Rare (50 Points)

Receive a promotion to the rank of Commodore

Unlocked Wed 23 Jun, 2021 9:11 PM

0.48% have received this achievement

• Captain
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Unlocked Tue 31 Jan, 2012 5:44 PM

• Paragon of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

• Highly Decorated
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Receive every medal the UFP has to offer

Unlocked Sat 24 Sep, 2022 9:00 PM

0.18% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • KaiserKirk
    • Generator
    • Allan Hood
    • Scarlett
     –  Last edited by Josh Broughm; Thu 29 Mar, 2018 10:32 AM.
    USS Ares
    Deck 10 - CDO's office

Sam arrived back at his office just after the Captain made his departure speech. He sat at his desk, readying himself for some research.
    - Computer, what is the current political situation in concerning to the Cardassian Union?

The computer beeped, saying,
    - *"A new Legeat was elected approximately six weeks ago. No other information on this individual is available."*

Sam got up from the desk & started to pace.
    - Is there any opponents to Starfleet responding to the Union's request to resupply their colonies?
    - *"An entity known as the True Way has adamantly opposed Federation interference in the union's affairs. They are recognized by the Federation, the Bajoran government & the Cardassian Union as an terrorist organization."*
    - Has there been any reports of True Way activity in or around the colonies that we are servicing?
    - *"No incidents have been reported in the interim."*

Sam stroked his chin and said,
    - Contact Starfleet Intelligence on diplomatic channel eight.
    ((Will repost as a new post))
    JoshBroughm
    JoshBroughm Medals
  3. RPD Executive Officer

• Correspondent
      Rare (50 Points)

• Dedicated
      Rare (50 Points)

Volunteer for 1+ year

Unlocked Fri 05 Oct, 2018 12:21 AM

• Captain
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Unlocked Sat 20 May, 2023 6:03 PM

• Paragon of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Unlocked Thu 01 Mar, 2018 7:03 AM

• Eternal Servitude!
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Unlocked Tue 16 Aug, 2022 1:01 PM

• Stepping Forward
      Uncommon (25 Points)

ACHV. Points
    Pronouns
    He/Him
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Scarlett
    • Allan Hood
    • Asteropax
     –  Last edited by Allan Hood; Sat 24 Mar, 2018 9:48 PM.
    USS Ares
    Deck 1 - Bridge
    The trio of science officers: Hood, Eleutherio, and Falora, all stood at attention as the commander approached. Commander R’Turan, standing two or three heads higher than the human, the liberated Borg, and the Vulcan, with piercing, unblinking, elliptical, yellow eyes, with fangs, now visible up-close, was quite an intimidating sight.

“Yes, sir…I mean, no, sir…” Eleutherio struggled as if standing before a predator, “Eleutherio, sir. Mr. Eleutherio, sir. I didn’t mean any disrespect, sir; I bet you have a great sense of humor, sir. People probably just figured…”

“Ensign…” Hood interjected, shaking his head toward the fraught science officer.

“I apologize, sir,” Eleutherio said, gaining his footing, again. “It won’t happen, again.” Hood nodded, stifling back a smile.

“Mr. Eleutherio seems to often derive his opinions based on widely disseminated sentiments, with no discernible source, quite often,” Falora began, glancing at her subordinate. “His…statements...have been known to not carry any authority for their truth.”
    R'Turan turned slightly to fully focus his attention on Ensign Eleuthrio, after hearing Falora's explanation. The Caitian would be silent for about a minute before speaking. His eyes still hadn't blinked.
    "I see. Ensign Eleuthrio, I do not have a sense of humor, and I do not appreciate jokes at my expense," R'Turan slightly opened his mouth, revealing large, sharp fangs, as he let out a low, threatening growl.
    "So, I advise you not to make jokes at my expense. Understood?"

((TAG Allan Hood))
    Nesta
    Nesta Medals
    Pax Vobiscum
    • To Boldly Go On and On
      Rare (50 Points)

• Paragon of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

• Eternal Servitude!
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Unlocked Wed 06 Jan, 2021 11:03 AM

• Tour of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

• Well Respected
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Reach reputation tier 6

• Dean’s List
      Uncommon (25 Points)

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Generator
    • KaiserKirk
    • Scarlett
    • Asteropax
    • Silynn
     –  Last edited by Allan Hood; Mon 02 Apr, 2018 12:33 AM.
    USS Ares
    Deck 1 - Bridge

R'Turan turned slightly to fully focus his attention on Ensign Eleuthrio, after hearing Falora's explanation. The Caitian would be silent for about a minute before speaking. His eyes still hadn't blinked.
    "I see. Ensign Eleuthrio, I do not have a sense of humor, and I do not appreciate jokes at my expense," R'Turan slightly opened his mouth, revealing large, sharp fangs, as he let out a low, threatening growl.
    "So, I advise you not to make jokes at my expense. Understood?"
    “Yes, sir,” Eleutherio, the liberated Borg, said realizing he really was standing in front of a predator. “Of course, sir.”

“I guarantee that it won’t happen again, Commander,” Hood stepped in giving a quick glance to his subordinate. “Though it is no excuse, I believe he’s just excited to meet you, sir, and did not handle it well.”

Hood extended his arm to the commander. “It is a pleasure to meet you, sir. We are all looking forward to serving together and making new discoveries.”

((TAG R'Turan))

After Commander R’Turan stepped away, Hood put his hand on Eleutherio’s shoulder, “you sure know how to make a first impression.”

“Thanks, sir,” Eleutherio said sheepishly.

“As for you, Ensign Falora,” Hood began with a slight edge to his voice toward the Vulcan, “if we find a team member being disciplined, I’d appreciate it if you kept your observations about the team member’s behavior to yourself, unless he/she is violating Starfleet regulations or you are directly asked for your input.

“Do not throw anyone, especially your colleagues, under the bus; it doesn’t help us in the long run. People who throw teammates under the bus will not be trusted by their teammates and will invariably find themselves under the bus, someday, themselves. Is that understood, Ensign?”

“‘Thrown under the bus,’ Lieutenant?” Falora asked sincerely.

“It’s another idiomatic phrase,” Hood explained, “you might give the impression to your team that you’ll betray a friend or ally for selfish reasons.”

“Do you mean that it appears as a self-defensive disavowal of a friendly relationship after the relation becomes controversial?”

“Yes, exactly, Ensign.”

“Then, yes, sir.”

“Yes, sir?”

“Yes, sir, I understand,” Falora clarified. “I will not…‘throw’ anyone else…‘under the bus.’”

“Thank you, Ensign.”

“Mr. Eleutherio, I apologize for…” Falora looked quickly to Hood from Eleutherio, then back again, “…throwing you under the bus. In the future, I will report your inappropriate behavior to our superiors next time you ever violate Starfleet regulations or if I am directly asked for my input on your behavior.”

“Thanks, Falora,” Eleutherio responded, “I think.”

A moment after Falora and Hood resumed their duties, Eleutherio leaned over to Hood. “Was she joking, again?”
    AllanHood Medals
    • Paragon of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Unlocked Fri 01 Jun, 2018 11:04 AM

• Dean’s List
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Unlocked Sat 09 Dec, 2017 10:01 AM

• Lieutenant Commander
      Common (10 Points)

Receive a promotion to the rank of Lieutenant Commander

Unlocked Sat 24 Mar, 2018 11:01 PM

0.91% have received this achievement

• Tabloid Journalism
      Common (10 Points)

Be a writer for the Federation News Service

Unlocked Thu 28 Dec, 2017 10:02 PM

• Host
      Common (10 Points)

Host an event via the Events System

Unlocked Fri 05 Jan, 2018 12:05 AM

0.98% have received this achievement

• Affectionate
      Common (10 Points)

Give positive reputation ten times to other users

Unlocked Wed 17 Jan, 2018 12:02 AM

1.58% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Scarlett
    • Asteropax
    • Silynn
    • Allan Hood
    OOC: I just wanted to say congratulations to all who got awards and promotions from the award ceremony, well deserved!

USS Ares
    Deck 6, Sickbay

The room was filled with cheers as Angus and the other HoD's stood on top a white counter that was moved into the middle of the main room. With a drink in hand and a beaming grin, Angus delivered a speech that was accompanied by more cheers and applauding. The ships entire medical staff were gathered around this small counter celebrating their departure. Angus had started the party right after the captain's ship-wide speech. So far the party had been going for a few hours and he had only been able to chat with the head of Medical Science and two crewmen from the surgical department. Due to the scale of the mission, the Ares had been packed with the latest medical equipment and given officers who specialized in almost all medical professions. Problem was that almost all officers had 2-3 responsibilities. Such as Harris O'donalds who Angus was now in deep discussion with after stepping of the counter and spilling a little bit of his white campaign. Harris was the ship's dentist, radiation oncologist and a nurse anesthetist. Most of the medical staff were nurses or surgeons but also had skills in specific areas which would be put to use when needed. Like a dentist. Angus didn't know why Starfleet added one to the crew when a simple trip to the Holodeck could do the same job. Angus just shrugged at his thought and guessed that Starfleet was just being paranoid, not wanting anything bad to happen.

As if Angus was challenging the universe, or just by coincidence that very moment the ship went to yellow alert.

OOC: Sorry I may be forcing your hand Eaglesg and Bridge-crew. Don't feel obligated to follow what I'm saying as I can come back and change edit my story at any time Smile
    The room went from a constant drone of happy laughter to dead silent in a second flat. For a brief two seconds, Angus was stunned, but Angus has always been a natural leader, in his own eyes anyway. He had always been one to take the reins in situations such as this. And this was no exception.

"Everyone listen up!" Angus commanded as he placed his drink on a nearby shelf. "We may be in some danger so I want all personnel to combat stations immediately... sorry men but, parties over,"
    The crowd went from a sheepish mob to a frantic crowd of determined faced individuals hurrying in all different directions in the same amount of time it took for the room to go dead quiet seconds before. Angus new that each and every one of the people in his department was ready for anything the mission will throw at them, he trusted them fully to do their job right.

=^= This is CMO Hems to the bridge, what's the situation? =^=

He needed to figure out what the threat was first in order to prepare the infirmary and ICU. Angus began to think what kinds of threats might be so close to Bajoran space, maybe the True Way, or Ferengi pirates.
    ((Tag Eaglesg and Bridge Crew))
    https://signatures.ufplanets.com/Kirk142.png
    • The Ghost Writer
      Rare (50 Points)

Unlocked Sat 29 Sep, 2018 1:05 PM

• Rear Admiral
      Rare (50 Points)

Receive a promotion to the rank of Rear Admiral

Unlocked Sun 22 Jul, 2018 12:39 PM

0.46% have received this achievement

• Stepping Forward
      Uncommon (25 Points)

• Paragon of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Unlocked Fri 01 Jun, 2018 9:00 PM

• Well Respected
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Reach reputation tier 6

Unlocked Sat 11 Aug, 2018 12:03 AM

• Dean’s List
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Unlocked Sun 10 Dec, 2017 7:06 AM

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Scarlett
    • KaiserKirk
    • Silynn
    • Allan Hood
    USS Ares
    Deck 11 - Arboretum

Lt Commander Dyrell Teriir was more pleased with the arboretum than he thought he would be. He sat down on one of the benches to take it in. It was a huge upgrade from his previous post which didn’t have a simple greenspace within the ship. The best he was able to do there was use his imagination in the holosuites. There wasn’t enough space for him to do any of his running routines here but that was alright.

One of the nearby bushes caught his eye since it was filled with flowers of varying colors. He didn’t know much about plants but managed to get to know a few, such as these Endless Summer Hydrangeas. There were several bushes of these at Starfleet Academy and students would sometimes be seen checking them out because flowering bushes were surprisingly uncommon on most worlds. He actually used one to ask the girl who was his missing fiancé out on their first date.

“Those flowers reminding you of home?” someone’s nearby voice startled him so much he slipped off the bench. Starting to pull himself up, he received a hand to help him up. He accepted it as the person spoke some more, “Ha ha, daydreaming on duty.”

“Yes on the daydreaming, no on the reminding of home,” Teriir replied as he brushed his uniform off a little. He was pleased to feel the moisture of the grass cling to his uniform a little. Taking a look at his surprise visitor, he recognized him as Ensign Quiir, the second Ferengi in Starfleet. He continued after a moment, “I haven’t seen an arboretum before.”

“First time for a lot of us on most of this,” the Ferengi replied, “This is my first posting so I have been interested in practically every aspect. It’s strange talking to you though.”

“How come?”

“You’re not freaking out about a Ferengi in a Starfleet uniform.”

“I believe I had that reaction when I met Nog several years ago,” Teriir explained. There were always challenges fitting into a new crew but being a member of a species which had nobody else onboard would be even harder. “It was a freak out either, more of me being curious about why someone who’s species is known for their drive for profits would join Starfleet.”

“I won’t haggle with you on my enlistment,” Quiir’s statement sounded like his way of making a joke, “Profits do not mean much when those who you can cherish it with are . . . no longer around.”

Now Teriir was deeply curious, “Did you lose someone?”

“No, but the greed in my family’s eyes made me wish to find some other path to take which will give me pleasure. There’s more to life than gold pressed latinum,” He shook his head, making it clear that last statement was only partially true to him. Ferengi always had an interest in acquisitions even when profits weren’t the most important thing to them, “I mean profits aren’t the only thing to live for. Sometimes it’s better to find something which will actually be needed by people.”

Teriir knew exactly what Quiir was talking about, “The Great Material Continuum comes to mind. Nog introduced it to me several years ago.”

“Do tell?” He looked eagerly at him for a story.

“About halfway through the Dominion War, Nog approached me because myself and several crewmates were interested in receiving a number of cultural items from Dominion and Cardassian ships which had been salvaged by smugglers. Although considered contraband, we wanted to get to see aspects of their people which didn’t involve our constant battles. We managed to trade excess fighter parts we kept receiving for a few. I have an empty case which was used to contain ketracel-white in my quarters. I found out later that the excess parts were delivered to several other ships who’d been lacking the needed maintenance parts to keep their fighters operational. Everything worked out so well that I’ve entered into it a few additional times to get some hard to acquire items.”

Quiir tilted his head, his large lobes looking comical along his rough face, “Anything you want to share?”

Before Teriir could answer, the alarms of the ship flared a yellow alert. He swapped an alarmed look with Quiir. Surely they hadn’t entered Cardassian Space yet. No matter; they had to get ready, “Man you station, Ensign.”

They both headed out of the arboretum to get ready for whatever trouble was coming their way. He had to get to the bridge.

~"There goes the rest of today's schedule."~
    • Commendation
      Commendation (150 Points)

Awarded during the UFP Award Ceremony to those who go above and beyond for the community

Unlocked Sat 23 Mar, 2019 11:47 PM

• Highly Decorated
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Receive every medal the UFP has to offer

Unlocked Sat 25 Mar, 2017 10:41 PM

0.18% have received this achievement

• Pillar of the Community
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Be a registered user for 10 years

Unlocked Thu 18 Feb, 2021 9:02 AM

34.20% have received this achievement

• ...and On and On
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Reach five-thousand posts on the forums

Grandfathered

0.08% have received this achievement

• Dedicated
      Rare (50 Points)

Volunteer for 1+ year

Unlocked Fri 05 Oct, 2018 12:14 AM

• The Fool
      Rare (50 Points)

Got pranked on April 1st

Unlocked Thu 01 Apr, 2021 2:22 PM

0.32% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • KaiserKirk
    • Allan Hood
    U.S.S. ARES
    Deck 8 – Enlisted Quarters

~“One shift down, only one thousand eight hundred and twenty-five or so to go…”~ mused Jei.

She stood in her quarters, looking at an oil painting. Jei reminisced buying it with Nathan during a vacation in Italy, soon after transferring to ESD. The dark colors and serene mood had always been appreciated by Jei and it is why she brought it with her. The painting depicted a dark ravaged, rocky, and jagged landscape suitable to a moon or asteroid.
    =/\= "All hands, this is the Captain. As you know, we're about to restart Starfleet's biggest project, the very definition of why the Federation is existing since 220 years: to seek out new worlds and explore space. We have no idea of the dangers we're going to face, but one thing is clear: we will make some friends there, and unfortunately some enemies… =/\=
    Jei sighed. One would expect a member of Starfleet to get excited and all giddy about the significance of the Captain’s announcement. Instead, Jei felt nothing. She didn’t care about any of it. It was all just rosy words and lofty idealism which meant nothing to Jei. Her life, her experiences have taught her that kind of sentiment is just to pull the wool over one’s eyes to the truly reality of things. People suffer, people die, and that is it. If you survived, you mourned and moved on. It wasn’t easy, and often… you wondered if those who died were the lucky ones. At least they weren’t suffering anymore.
    =/\=In a few minutes there will be no turning back, but if you are on this particular ship that's because you all signed up for this. I know that I can count on everyone and that this crew and this ship are about to make History." =/\=
    Her mood soured and she lost interest in the oil painting. She peeled off her uniform as she moved toward her bed. Upon reaching it, she plopped down next to her nightstand and opened the drawer. She pulled out a small container of pills and opened the lid. Taking two out, she popped them into her mouth as she put the vial back and closed the drawer. After quick swig of water to wash them down, she climbed into bed and hoped the sleeping pills’ prescribed effect worked soon. Jei just wanted to escape and to feel nothing...
    Silynn
    Silynn Medals