• None
    • Users who liked
    • LogicalLeopard
    • Silynn
    Reply With QuoteQuote
    USS Ares
    Deck 1 - Bridge

Tess nodded at the order.

"Aye sir. I will take three fighters and investigate." she said, before saluting and heading to the turbolift.

Tapping on her combadge she said, "Ensigns, Jamie, Jess and Henry as well as Shalik and Ellie meet me in the armoury."

USS Ares
    Armoury

"Alright men, I'll explain everything in the hangar. For now, Everyone grab a phaser rifle and lets go." she said.

Tess walked over and picked up a sniper from the rack. "This will do nicely" she said to herself.

"Alright everyone. Lets get to the hangar."

USS Ares
    Hangar Bay

"Ensign Jake, are the fighters ready," Tess inquired.

"Aye Ma'am. All set and ready to go." He replied with a salute.

"Good. Lets get this going"

She turned to face the pilots before saying, "There is a crashed ship out there. We will be going to find out whats happened, and land to look for survivors if needed. To your fighters men."

Tess walked over to her Fighter before sitting in the pilots seat. Ensign Henry sat down beside her.

"What do you think caused it Ma'am," he inquired.

"Logically, probably some kind of attack. The Nausicaans can be quite deadly" she replied.

"Understood. Powering up the fighter now."

"Jamie, Jess. Are you ready." Tess inquired.

"Aye Ma'am!" Came the reply from both of them.

"Submit codes to leave."

"Fighters, this is ATC. You are cleared to depart." Came a voice from the speakers.

"All fighters. Take off!" Said Tess.

Dorvan V
    Airspace

"Clearing planets atmosphere now, should be clear from here on out," said Ensign Jess.

"Copy. Ensign Falora, can you give us the coordinates and what the suspected damage is." Tess said.

"Aye, Coordinates have been transmitted. Damage is a warp core explosion. Something ruptured the hull. You should be near it." The ensign said.

"We are near. Commander, what do you advise" Tess said.
    • My 2 Cents
      Common (10 Points)

Post in a forum topic

Grandfathered

• Firestarter
      Common (10 Points)

Start a new forum topic

Grandfathered

• Petty Officer 1st Class
      Common (10 Points)

Receive the rank of Petty Officer 1st Class

Unlocked Sat 22 Dec, 2018 10:05 PM

• Petty Officer 2nd Class
      Common (10 Points)

Receive the rank of Petty Officer 2nd Class

Unlocked Sat 29 Sep, 2018 9:54 PM

• Petty Officer 3rd Class
      Common (10 Points)

Receive the rank of Petty Officer 3rd Class

Unlocked Sun 12 Aug, 2018 2:53 PM

• Crewman
      Common (10 Points)

Receive the rank of Crewman

Unlocked Sun 12 Aug, 2018 2:53 PM

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Silynn
    • Blaster
    • WelshAvenger
    Reply With QuoteQuote
     –  Last edited by LogicalLeopard; 2 Days Ago.

"We are near. Commander, what do you advise" Tess said.
    USS Ares
    Deck 1 - Bridge

R'Turan leaned forward in the captain's chair, watching an image of the fighters approaching the site on the forward viewscreen.

"Approach with caution. Scan heavily for hidden weapons emplacements, Lieutenant. This could be a trap," he added with a snarl. He didnt like this at all. His hackles rose as if he were out there in a fighter himself. A sudden thought occured to him. "I would also advise spreading out your formation."

(((Tag: Blaster)))

- - - Updated - - -

Dorvan V
    Somewhere in the mountains...

R4k1c9x

In the middle of the Dorvan night, shortly before second moonrise, a quartet of shadowy figures moved stealthily through the woods toward the foot of a mountain range.

Mostly stealthily.

"Oh, no....we have to climb too?"

Ensign Brag Malin wheezed out his protest in a hoarse whisper, regarding the mountain with great apprehension. The comical sight of the winded Bolian caused Petty Officer Bintou Keita to stifle a grin behind her hand. A woven poncho covered his uniform, and his normal vibrant blue skin was heavily daubed with clay to avoid detection should the moon rise. Combined with his bulky backpack, he looked more like a Parallaxian mud merchant than the leader of their expedition. Most of that leading had been from several yards behind the rest of the team.

Senior Chief Lien Huong Tran was considerably less amused. At least it appeared so on the surface. "Are you tired, sir? The workout regimen for security officers on the Lakota was rather intensive. I designed it myself. I could carry you, perhaps," she offered in a laconic tone. The Chief was a recent transfer, and an accomplished war veteran. A model of physical fitness, it appeared that she hadn't so much as perspired during the journey.

Brag summoned every bit of dignity he could, straightening his posture. "I will have you know, Chief, that I am in superior physical condition for a Bolian male my age...its just...the long march, and my....the air here..."

"...contains 3% more oxygen than standard environmental protocols," Lien finished. "And the gravity..."

"It makes no sense for all of us to climb," interrupted Wakaro, their guide. "Give me the devices. I have made this climb dozens of times, since I was a child."

Brag unshouldered his pack and reached inside, removing a smaller satchel. He handed the satchel to Wakaro. "Be careful, those are...."

"I know what they are. And I know what is at stake," Wakaro responded, lifting his chin proudly.

Brag nodded silently. This was, of course personal for Wakaro. His people were trapped inside of the cave. His knowledge of the area had been an enormous boon. It was he that led them to the vent that apparently linked with the cave system holding the hostages. It was about a ten meter climb, and they could just make out the trickle of water dislodged from it's small mouth, gleaming in the starlight.

It was also Wakaro that provided them with another invaluable aid - their ponchos. Woven inside of the fabric were thin rings of kelbonite. "We are subjects of the Cardassian Union, and they diligently look after us...but sometimes it is better that they don't see us, and everything we do," he had explained. The ponchos served as homemade sensor cloaks. They weren't perfect by far, but they could obscure the life signs of a small party. They could also help scatter active scans of some equipment. As there was no Nausicaan welcoming party to meet them, they seemed to be doing their job.

Wakaro made his way up the cliff, moving as nimbly and quickly as a local life form. It wasn't such a difficult climb, Ensign Malin thought as he watched. In no time, he reached a small outcropping and side stepped over to the entrance.

Petty Officer Keita removed a special tricorder from her pack, which was low powered and tied to the objects in Wakaro's satchel. Wakaro opened it presently, and released twelve small objects which unfolded themselves and began scampering into the vent. The "crawlers" were sensor probes mounted on robotic legs, and covered in a "skin" to make them appear to be a spider-like creature found in the mountains. They could observe and report findings, sending low energy streams of information. Some of the crawlers would span the length of the vent to relay the information outside to a transmitter Wakaro placed at the mouth. That transmitter in turn shuttled information back through a series of low profile relays that the team had left in the woods, which ultimately was tight beamed to the Control Center at the Embassy and up into orbit aboard the Ares.

Keita smiled as the data began to stream in. The lead crawlers were mapping the cave system by sonar, emitting the same quiet chitters that the creatures they resembled did.

"Look at this, sir," she said to Ensign Malin, who was already peering over her shoulder." Its a squeeze in places, but so far, I think we can get rescue personnel in that way."

"You're right," Brag replied with a wide grin that uncaked some of the clay around his mouth. "The water level is lower as well, like Wakaro estimated it would be due to the increased mining...."

"And this chamber here," said Chief Tran, pointing from Bintou's left shoulder, "That looks like like an excellent spot to mount a defense from. It should hold the hostages, and our people."

"Right. We have to report this as soon as we get all the data."

After the crawlers finish mapping the cave systems, Ensign Malin sent a burst transmission of the data back along the relay line. The response came back two minutes later, in text form.

Ensign Malin. Situation possibly destabilizing on Dorvan V. Proceed with your team inside of the cave system and establish a forward position. You may be called upon to execute hostage rescue.Take all care to avoid detection. Acknowledge transmission and await further orders. Lt. Cmdr. Biiqs Tarquin, CTO.

Brag's shoulders slumped as he looked from the tricorder screen to Wakaro perched near the mouth of the cave.

"I could carry you," Chief Tran whispered helpfully over his shoulder.
    • Dean’s List
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Pass all three Academy exams

Unlocked Sat 05 Jan, 2019 1:01 PM

• My 2 Cents
      Common (10 Points)

Post in a forum topic

Unlocked Fri 04 Jan, 2019 11:00 PM

• Firestarter
      Common (10 Points)

Start a new forum topic

• Petty Officer 3rd Class
      Common (10 Points)

Receive the rank of Petty Officer 3rd Class

Unlocked Fri 04 Jan, 2019 10:28 PM

• Command Material
      Common (10 Points)

Sit and pass the Academy Command Exam

Unlocked Sat 05 Jan, 2019 1:01 PM

• Qualified Officer
      Common (10 Points)

Sit and pass the Officer Qualification

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • LogicalLeopard
    • Silynn
    Reply With QuoteQuote
    Dorvan V
    Airspace

"Copy that Commander. All fighters, spread the formation out. I don't want us all going down to one explosion." She said.

"Aye, Ma'am." Came the response.

Tess could see the smoke. She wasn't sure what had happened, but she didn't want to end up like that shuttle craft.

"Okay, we're going to circle around the area to get a better look. Then land and check for survivors." She said.

"Errrr, LT. Can you see what I'm seeing?" Ensign Jamie said.

Tess looked towards the shuttle area and was shocked. The area around where it should have been was scorched and the shuttle barely existed anymore.

"Well. We can't salvage that. However, thats not normal for an explosion. Lets land and see if anyone lived. Ensign Jess, said a report to the Commander to say we are landing." She said.

"Done ma'am." Came the reply a few seconds later."

"Touch down in that clearing just there. Its right next to the explosion and will fit all 3 fighters." She said.

Dorvan V
    Nausicaan Weapon Platform

Commander Grakan was worried. He hadn't heard back from his team he sent out to check for survivors of the crashed shuttle. To make matters worse. He could see three fighters hovering above the area.

"We are in range sir. Should I open fire?" said his main gunner.

"Negative. We'll send out a security team to kill them." He replied.

"Are you sure sir, we could just kill them now."

"I. Said. No. If we attacked one, the others would notice us and destroy us.

"Okay sir." The gunner said, beaten.

"Send out a team of 12. That should be enough." He said to his Security Officer.

"Aye sir, said his Security Chief.

Dorvan V
    Shuttle crash site.

Tess got out of the fighter, phaser ready for any combat.

Looking around, she noticed people had been here. A few disruptors were lying on the ground and scanning equipment was also there.

"Look around everyone. See what you can find. Jess, get a report back to the Commander we have made contact" She said.

"Yes, Ma'am" Jess replied. A few seconds later she said "Ma'am. I can't get a signal out. The area must be stopping communications."

"A dark zone..... no wonder the shuttle crew never got a distress call out."

Suddenly a disruptor beam hit the tree besides her.

Looking around, Tess saw three Nausicaans in the trees, firing on Jamie, Jess and herself.

"There they are." Tess said, raising her phaser and firing. It hit one of them in the chest, and he disintegrated on the spot.

Jess shot one of the others in the head, and he fell backwards. Dead.

The last one took out a grenade and tried to throw it, but was shot before it was even armed.

"What the hell....." Ensign Henry said.

"Ambush. Probably a scouting team." Tess replied.

Looking around, Tess saw that the explosion wasn't natural. Someone trapped the shuttle. She could tell, as there was a scorched corpse at side.

"Someone trapped the shuttle. That means survivors." Tess said.

After a few minutes of searching it became clear it was deserted.

"The survivors must have left before the Nausicaans arrived. We can search in our fighters. Lets go." Tess said.

Then, They heard a disruptor blast, follow by a high pitch scream.
  1. Recruit Support Officer

• Paragon of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Sign three roll calls in a row

Unlocked Sun 17 Apr, 2016 6:42 PM

• Stepping Forward
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Going from Clearance Level 3 to Clearance Level 4

Unlocked Wed 03 Oct, 2018 6:03 AM

• Dean’s List
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Pass all three Academy exams

Unlocked Fri 21 Aug, 2015 5:01 AM

• Command Material
      Common (10 Points)

Sit and pass the Academy Command Exam

• Qualified Officer
      Common (10 Points)

Sit and pass the Officer Qualification

• Got Orientated
      Common (10 Points)

Sit and pass the Orientation Assessment

Unlocked Fri 21 Aug, 2015 4:01 AM

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • None
    Reply With QuoteQuote
    Ares
    Briefing Room

"Good. Lieutenant Rosek, you should know that we plan to break the shield of the island fortress with a tachyon pulse from the deflector dish after the mountain stronghold falls. I trust there are no impedements to that plan?"

Rosek turns to Biiqs
    “We should be all good on my end ill be in Engineering preparing for the power transfers”

After The meeting Rosek goes to engineering prepares the transfers himself not wanting to involve the saboteur unintentionally.

TAG: ((Biigs))
    https://signatures.ufplanets.com/Redking353.png
    Redking353 Medals