• None
    • Users who liked
    • Asteropax
    Reply With QuoteQuote
    USS Ares
    Sam's Office - Diplomatic Complex
    Late Afternoon

Attachment 9774
    Sam was working on some errant paperwork when he heard a comms chirp. He activated the desk console & it read:
    - Priority one ALPHA conference transmission from the Federation State Department. This transmission is classified as secret. Please enter your security clearance code.

Sam entered his clearance code. The message changed to:
    - CDO Urquhart recognized. Please summon Andorian Ambassador. The conf. will begin in 10 minutes.

Sam opened the comms & said,
    - Sam to A'Ral. Conference call from Earth incoming.

----------
    A'Ral & Akyv were enjoying a drink in the main lounge. A'Ral looked out of the window & said:
    - I think we're going to be departing in a few days for the conference.
    Akyv frowned and said,
    - So we should have the wedding soon?

A'Ral silently nodded & said,
    - I'm not much of a starship man. I tolerate them, but after a few weeks of being on a transport, I get stir-
    Sam's comm call cut him off.
    - On my way.
    A'Ral turned to his daughter & said,
    - Maybe talk to the captain about it?
    Akyv nodded, saying,
    - No worries.

He gave her a peck on the cheek & headed off. Once he arrived at the complex, Sam looked at him and said,
    - State department conference. Looks like they want you in on the call.

A'Ral nodded and said,
    - Route it to the spare office.
    Sam smiled and said,
    - Already did.

A'Ral moved to the spare office, replicated a coffee for himself & sat down. He entered his clearance code when prompted and waited. A well dressed man appeared on the screen & said,
    - Greetings diplomats & honoured Ambassadors. As most of you know, I'm Secretary Walton, chief of the Federation's State Department. As you are all are aware, The President promised to adjust diplomatic policy at the recent SoF address. From here on out, until further notice, all agents of the FDC & the Union of Federation Ambassadors will be given total & complete authority to negotiate for the Federation on any treaties...WITHOUT contacting senior agents or Diplomats.

Walton prattled on for thirty minutes. Sam fell asleep & A'Ral muted both comms, replicated an airhorn, went over to his office, then blasted the horn for a good four seconds. Instantly, Sam awoke, saying,
    - GREAT JESUS, MARY & JOSEPH, ALL IN A HOTDOG, WHAT THE F***ING HELL WAS THAT?!?!

A'Ral laughed & Said,
    - Works every time. Conference was over two minutes ago. The Secretary wants a word.
    Sam nodded and opened the comm. Walton chuckled a bit, saying,
    - Now that you're awake, Sam, I have a message from the President. It states that he extends the best of wishes to you & Akyv on your impending Marriage.

Sam stuck a pinkie in his ear & said, thankfully,
    - Tell him thanks from us. I take it nothing changes for the CDO's assigned to starships?

Walton nodded & said,
    - You take your lead from the Captain, as per the norm. A'Ral, as it pertains to the things we discussed a few weeks back, your request is granted.

A'Ral smiled. Walton rubbed his eyes and said,
    - Godspeed to the both of you. A'Ral, Ambassador's Union meeting as soon as you get back.

A'Ral nodded & the comms snapped off. Sam turned to him and said,
    - Ya really had to, eh?

A'Ral smirked, saying,
    - You were sound asleep. Left me no ch-
    Sam smiled and said,
    - Its fine. Wedding tomorrow?

A'Ral nodded and said,
    - Was discussing it with Akyv. The group has to depart soon.
    Sam nodded slowly and said,
    - Yeah. I got to talk to the captain about it.

A'Ral said,
    - Akyv's got it. Let's grab a drink, son.
    Sam smiled, got up and went with A'Ral to the lounge to have a bevy of beers.
    Attachment 9774
    JoshuaABroughm
    JoshuaABroughm Medals
  2. Ares Commanding Officer

• The Ghost Writer
      Rare (50 Points)

Be the Commanding Officer of the Ares Roleplay Project

Unlocked Sat 29 Sep, 2018 2:05 PM

• Rear Admiral
      Rare (50 Points)

Receive a promotion to the rank of Rear Admiral

Unlocked Sun 22 Jul, 2018 1:39 PM

• Paragon of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Sign three roll calls in a row

Unlocked Fri 01 Jun, 2018 10:00 PM

• Stepping Forward
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Going from Clearance Level 3 to Clearance Level 4

Unlocked Sat 29 Sep, 2018 2:28 PM

• Dean’s List
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Pass all three Academy exams

Unlocked Sun 10 Dec, 2017 8:06 AM

• Well Respected
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Reach reputation tier 6

Unlocked Sat 11 Aug, 2018 1:03 AM

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Silynn
    • WelshAvenger
    Reply With QuoteQuote
    USS Ares
    Sickbay – CMO’s Office

Christopher looked at Jei and Teriir, "He'll be right along in a minute, Sir. Jei, come on over to biobed 2, I want to make sure that you're alright before I send you back to your quarters." Just as Christopher and Jei walked through the door, the familiar chime of the transporter filled the room.
    Teriir focused up on the materializing Lieutenant Drum, letting go of his annoyance of Christopher calling him out for now wearing his medical sling for the shoulder wound. Although he didn’t think he would really need it, he would have to let the Doctor know he was going to wear it while off duty and sleeping. The Lieutenant finished materializing and instantly had to prop himself upright at the realization he was no longer facing a console.

“What the hell . . .” Drum said as he took in his new environment. As soon as he spotted Christopher and Jei, he shot a glare their way and guessed what happened, “Doctor! I told you I was in the middle-”

“Ahem!” the Captain coughed to get the Engineer’s attention. Drum shifted to a more formal position sheepishly at the realization he was about to address a Commanding Officer. He waited a second before speaking, “You heard what the Doctor said about the situation on Deck 5, correct?”

“Aye, sir,” Drum replied and wriggled a little, obviously preparing to explain what happened, “There was an explosion there and I’ve been coordinating the effort with Chief Samson to get everything fixed.”

“What was the cause?”

“Main power was deactivated on Decks 5 and 6 for some reason. When I turned it back on, the power junction and one of the conduits outside Battery Compartment 4 exploded. We’ve lost 2 racks of batteries,” he summarized and then closed his eyes. Teriir guessed he was thinking through a repair schedule, “We are likely to be on auxiliary power in the quarters on those decks for the next day or so.”

“And the personal cost?” Teriir pressed him.

“Captain, I just told you the-”

“I don’t care about a piece of equipment!” he snapped, forcing a bit of anger into his tone, “I’m more concerned about two of MY crewmen on MY ship who are now in MY sickbay after being under YOUR watch while performing repairs YOU authorized!”

“What?” Drum’s eyes widened in shock, forcing him to remain still for a long time. He finally spoke again, “Sir, I . . . I forgot. But-”

“You forgot,” Teriir repeated slowly.

“S-S-Sir! There was no indicator of the repair being in progress when I turned the power back on!” the Lieutenant began almost rambling back to him. His comments though were enough to catch his ears.

“Slow down, Lieutenant,” he spoke more calmly, “What is this about an indicator?”

“There are safety warnings for all the power blocks to indicate if anything is preventing them from operating normally. I checked to see if there were any before reactivating main power,” Drum insisted, rather sincerely, “I was occupied with one of my own projects in my quarters but I would never intentionally hurt one of my people!”

“Busy with a project in your quarters?” the Captain was starting to accept there may have been a mixup with the less experienced Technician Murray until that last statement. Lieutenant Drum wasn’t at his post when he was supposed to and only showed up when something was going on. The young man gulped and looked away, clearly not wanting to put himself into any more trouble than he already was. Teriir sighed and shook his head, “You’ve put me in a difficult position here.”

The Captain took a moment to pace slowly around the Chief Medical Officer’s Office. He needed to think things through, “Lieutenant Drum, you are supposed to be in charge of Gamma Shift for the Engineering teams. I know this shift doesn’t see much action and is often filled with less experienced and worn out junior officers. It is still something that has to get done. I don’t know what you were working on in your quarters but it couldn’t have been more important than reporting to your station.”

“Yes, sir,” Drum replied.

Teriir wasn’t expecting the interruption by he felt satisfied the Lieutenant was aware the gravity of what he was facing, “Ordering some of the repairs to be done here was good, but forgetting the orders you gave is not good. I would be pulling you from your current station on Gamma Shift but I feel this is a lessons learned for everyone. It sounds as though Murray forgot to activate some of the safeties as he worked on the conduit, Han was not overseeing her junior’s work as diligently as she could have while supposed to be on a temporary leave, and you – I covered you already.”

“Are they alright?” the Lieutenant asked.

“In recovery,” he informed him, nodding towards the door, “Go ahead and talk to them along with the Doctor. I want the three of you off duty for awhile so you can recover. Alpha shift will have to cover most of the repair work starting tomorrow morning. Dismissed.”

The Captain headed out of Sickbay while Drum moseyed over to join Christopher and Jei. He muttered to himself once he was outside, "Hopefully that doesn't happen again."

He was about to head back up to the Bridge but noticed an Andorian woman approaching him and recognized her as Sam's fiancé. He thought she was heading over to Sickbay as he was made aware she was going to be a Nurse while she stayed with them but it was clear she wanted to speak to him about something, "Is there something I can do for you, Akyv?"

(( TAG: Jei, Christopher, anyone else wanting to jump in to see what’s up in Sickbay, Sam ))
    Asteropax
    Asteropax Medals
  3. Simulation Officer

• To Boldly Go On and On
      Rare (50 Points)

Reach one-thousand posts on the forums

Grandfathered

• Captain
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Ascend the ranks to reach the Captains chair

Unlocked Tue 31 Jan, 2012 6:44 PM

• Commander
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Receive a promotion to the rank of Commander

Grandfathered

• Eternal Servitude!
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Be a registered user for five years

Grandfathered

• Paragon of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Sign three roll calls in a row

Unlocked Mon 28 Sep, 2015 9:01 PM

• Pillar of the Community
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Be a registered user for 10 years

Unlocked 3 Weeks Ago

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Asteropax
    Reply With QuoteQuote
    USS Ares
    Just Outside Sickbay

Attachment 9774
    He was about to head back up to the Bridge but noticed an Andorian woman approaching him and recognized her as Sam's fiancé. He thought she was heading over to Sickbay as he was made aware she was going to be a Nurse while she stayed with them but it was clear she wanted to speak to him about something, "Is there something I can do for you, Akyv?"
    Akyv smiled at him and said,
    - Yeah. Dad's group is looking to get to heading out & I was wondering....
    Her foot scuffed the carpet. She was nervous. Akyv continued,
    - .....I was wondering if we could have the Wedding.....tomorrow.....maybe?
    ((TAG Terrir))

Akyv let out a long breath & said,
    - Thank you, Captain!! You don't know how much this means to us!

((TAG Terrir))

Akuv laughed and said,
    - I know. Now, if you could excuse me...

((TAG Terrir))

Akyv pointed up to the ceiling as she walked into sickbay, then into an adjacent bathroom, saying,
    - TO THROW UP!!

((TAG Cushing))
    JoshuaABroughm
    JoshuaABroughm Medals
  4. Community Graphics Team Member

• Commendation
      Commendation (150 Points)

Awarded during the UFP Award Ceremony

Unlocked Sun 24 Mar, 2019 12:47 AM

• Highly Decorated
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Receive every medal the UFP has to offer

Unlocked Sat 25 Mar, 2017 11:41 PM

• ...and On and On
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Reach five-thousand posts on the forums

Grandfathered

• Dedicated
      Rare (50 Points)

Volunteer for 1+ year

Unlocked Fri 05 Oct, 2018 1:14 AM

• Academy Dean
      Rare (50 Points)

Be Head of Starfleet Academy

Unlocked Sat 11 Apr, 2015 11:01 PM

• Admiral
      Rare (50 Points)

Receive a promotion to the rank of Admiral

Unlocked Sat 22 Dec, 2018 11:20 PM

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Asteropax
    Reply With QuoteQuote
    U.S.S. ARES
    Deck 8 – Medical Complex

Jei watched in silence as Christopher had a one-sided discussion with the junior engineering officer, Lieutenant JG Drum. Her eyes went a little wide when Christopher ordered the transporter chief to transport Drum immediately into the office. Only the Captain and the Chief Medical Officer really has that authority.
    Christopher looked at Jei and Teriir, "He'll be right along in a minute, Sir. Jei, come on over to biobed 2, I want to make sure that you're alright before I send you back to your quarters." Just as Christopher and Jei walked through the door, the familiar chime of the transporter filled the room.
    Jei followed Christopher to biobed 2. Christopher padded it with his left hand as he went to a wall storage unit and pulled out a medical tricorder. Understanding, Jei hopped onto it and sat with her legs dangling.

((Chris))

Jei’s eyes looked back at Christopher and realized he had been talking to her. She had been looking at the CMO’s office, hearing the Captain’s voice raise a bit to an indistinguishable yet audibly noticeable that he wasn’t happy. Jei could empathize with the why. Things got fouled up. She let herself be distracted, Crewman Murray was trying to make a positive impression on his first real task but needed a bit more hand-holding still, she knew that Lieutenant Drum was distracted by Ensign Garcia finally inviting him to her quarters for a “talk”. But the worst was that she by-passed Master Chief Samson for the sole reason of just wanting to avoid his ire of being on duty when she was told to *not* be on duty.

Jei sighed and noticed that Christopher had raised an eyebrow. She had no idea what he had said and obviously he knew so. “Oh… um, sorry Christopher… I kind of got lost in thought. I guess I was just trying to piece things together,” sheepishly admitted Jei.

((Chris))

The Captain walked out of the CMO’s office and continued on until he left sick bay. She then noticed Lieutenant Drum walking over, obviously tense and uncomfortable. He was not angry or even upset, but seemed a bit off-balance. Likely, the words from Captain Teriir had a profound effect on him.

The engineering Lieutenant looked at Jei and then Dr. Cushing. “Hi Doc, Petty Officer Han. I’m relieved to see that you are ok,” began Lieutenant Drum as he turned to Dr. Cushing. “Sir, how is Crewman Murray? Will he be ok? May I see him… talk to him?

Before Chris could answer, Jei spoke-up. “Hey Lieutenant… sorry about the mess Murray and I caused. I should have watched him more closely.”

Drum shook his head. “No. It’s not your fault, Petty Officer Han. Nor Crewman Murray’s. The fault rests directly with me. I am sorry and hope that you will give me another chance… even though I don’t deserve it,” the engineering officer turned to Dr. Cushing. “Sir, I owe you… for taking care of my team. And I… apologize for my earlier… arrogance. I swear to you… both of you, that it was a wake-up call and it will never happen again.”

((Chris))

Jei shrugged. “No worries, Lieutenant. And if you can get me back on duty sooner rather than later, I’ll forgive you,” offered Jei.

((Chris))
    Silynn
    Silynn Medals