• Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Asteropax
    • Silynn
    Reply With QuoteQuote
    Dorvan V
    Island Stronghold

Grakan paced the central promenade of the Island Fortress for perhaps the twentieth time, conspicuously stepping over Krint's carcass once again. He had killed him yesterday, about this time, for what constituted a minimal crime. "When are we leaving," Krint had asked, shortly after Naechk's failed attack on the Federation Vessel. Grakan's actions were swift and unexpected; the blade had penetrated Krint's torso so quickly that it still appeared that he was awaiting a reply before his eyes widened in alarm and he slid to the ground.

It had to be done, Grakan told himself. "We're not leaving," he had shouted, following it up with a grim, challenging stare at the onlookers around him. Krint was a good man. He didnt deserve being made an example of. But the remaining Nausicaans on the planet were a throbbing artery - the slightest demonstration of weakness would rupture their ranks and cause them to slowly bleed off numbers until all their dreams died. He'd seen it too many times before on ships, when a Federation, Klingon, or Romulan patrol would arrive, and men would slowly recede towards the shuttle bays and escape pods to evade capture. Grakan would not be that weakness. He would not fail. He was too smart for that. Too courageous.

"The Federation is leaving, not us! Did you all forget why we even came here? The Federation abandoned this world, and their own citizens years ago! To the Cardassians! Do you think they'll come down to fight us hand to hand now for a bunch of miners? The Federation is all show. They came down, made a few gestures, blew up a few vessels, and now it's time to leave. Have you all not learned anything about how the universe works? It's just like on Mother Nausicaa. Leadership regimes come in and go out just as quickly as the winds change, but us...the ancient ones, the brotherhoods, the cliques, the sets, the ones who understand love, respect, and sacrifice, who bleed for each other, who share everything because we had nothing, we are ALWAYS there! They accuse us of being criminals, gangs, thugs, for what? For taking what is ours, what we've been excluded from! They are the criminals! The Klingons subjugate and enslave. The Romulans plot and maneuver. The Federation present themselves as friends of all, only to continue their galactic elitism at the expense of the weak. Their most cherished ideal, the Prime Directive, does nothing but restrict others from vital technology, consolidating it for them. If you dont have warp drive, your starvation, your planet teetering on collapse, is worth nothing but a footnote on a data pad, written by a bored undari in a blue shirt."

"Is that the universe you want to live in? Is that what you want to happen to you? Or do you want to make your stand here? We are the strong. We are cunning and deadly. We are survivors. Naechk and the other war leaders wasted what they had, and now they and their followers are dead. But you are still here, because you followed me. So trust me now, and I will lead you to victory!

His words were met with wild cheers and warlike ululations at the time. He believed his speech was convincing, but all the same, he left Krint there to "encourage" those that weren't properly inspired. It bought him perhaps a little time. Now there was just the waiting, and hoping his words proved true.
  1. Ares Commanding Officer

• The Ghost Writer
      Rare (50 Points)

Be the Commanding Officer of the Ares Roleplay Project

Unlocked Sat 29 Sep, 2018 2:05 PM

• Rear Admiral
      Rare (50 Points)

Receive a promotion to the rank of Rear Admiral

Unlocked Sun 22 Jul, 2018 1:39 PM

• Well Respected
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Reach reputation tier 6

Unlocked Sat 11 Aug, 2018 1:03 AM

• Paragon of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Sign three roll calls in a row

Unlocked Fri 01 Jun, 2018 10:00 PM

• Stepping Forward
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Going from Clearance Level 3 to Clearance Level 4

Unlocked Sat 29 Sep, 2018 2:28 PM

• Dean’s List
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Pass all three Academy exams

Unlocked Sun 10 Dec, 2017 8:06 AM

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • LogicalLeopard
    Reply With QuoteQuote
    USS Ares
    Bridge

Captain Teriir stood at the front of the bridge, close to the viewscreen observed as the starship Athena moved into an orbital position just ahead of theirs. The Charybdis instantly moved alongside her, the orange glow from its charged phasers array ready for a fight should any threat emerge. Though he didn’t like the thought of pointing weapons at one of their own ships, it was necessary at this time due to the extraordinary situation. He stood motionless as a ping rang at the Communicaiton Officer’s station.

“Captain, we are being hailed,” the officer said. The Captain at last turned around and moved back to a more suitable position.

“On screen,” he replied. The screen switched from the Sovereign class starship to its bridge, where a Human Commander stood at the center, a concerned expression on her face. He introduced himself, “This is Captain Teriir of the starship Ares. Welcome to the Dorvan System.”

“Commander Mayfield,” she answered, shifting uncomfortably, “I’m well aware of who you are; it wasn’t that long ago we spoke over subspace channels about what happened.”

“Still, introductions are always appreciated for when crews meet for the first time,” Teriir commented as he looked over his shoulder towards the guests he had on the bridge, “This is Gul Enok, Cardassian Liaison to the settlements on Dorvan V, and Wakoro, representative of the Tribal Council.”

“A pleasure to meet you,” Mayfield almost murmured her response, “I wish our meeting was under better circumstances. We’re a bit anxious to get the two dozen traitors off the ship but we want to do it carefully.”

“The Cerberus is going to be handling all of the transport duties,” he reassured the Commander, remembering from her record that she was considered to be a bit paranoid, “All we have to do is lower the transport inhibitors on our ships so they can beam everyone off in one go.”

“That’s good,”she let out a relieved breath and went on a bit of a flustered spiel over what transpired on her ship over the last few days. Teriir simply zoned out and ignored most of it as he’d heard everything in the debrief she’d given over subspace in their joint call the other day. He did this for what must’ve been a full minute before finally making an effort to get her attention, “Um . . . what was that?”

“I said we can hear more about the events on your ship yesterday another time,” he said, knowing it was his turn to be relieved. This didn’t bring any good feelings though because he was disturbed by one of the details she mentioned, “You mentioned just now that two of the Senior Officers of the Athena were involved in the plot. Can you tell us more about that?”

“Oh! I thought I informed you about – nevermind, I had it in the report,” Mayfield stopped herself from going on another lengthy monologue, “Our Chief Tactical Officer, Lieutenant Commander U’than Vahn, and the Chief Medical Officer, Lieutenant Filo Abrams, were involved in the plot.”

“For some reason, I’m not surprised. With a conspiracy like this, Admiral Barron needed a lot of people in her pocket. Lets get going on transporting them to their new homes. We’ll be ready to beam everyone off within the hour. Ares out,” Teriir answered as the channel closed. Sitting down in his chair, he opened up a new one, “Bridge to Commander Biiqs.”

(( TAG: Biiqs ))

“The Athena has arrived. Get our special guests ready to be beamed off by the Cerberus as soon as you can,” he instructed the Officer. Ending the conversation with the flick of a switch, he let his concerns over who else was now revealed to be involved in the plot surface, “I know of the now former Commander Vahn. He participated in numerous patrols against piracy in areas of the Federation not affected by the Dominion War. It must’ve been hard for him to be sidelined. That Doctor’s name is familiar somehow.”

“Family reputation. His Uncle is an official Prosecutor for Starfleet Officers, focusing much of his time in Academy affairs,” Commander R’Turan commented next to him, “I ran into that Doctor once when my ship was undergoing repairs, where he talked proudly about how he was able to stay out of the fighting.”

“I would’ve thought most people would be using them to get into the fight,” Lieutenant Eleutherio thought aloud, “Earn glory, expand the family reputation . . . stuff like that.”

“Someone had to remain behind to keep the Federation going while everyone else was fighting a war,” Teriir shrugged at the suggestion, as something about this was gnawing at him now, “I need to look into something while we see our own problematic officers off.”

“Anything we can help with?” Lieutenant Kenny offered.

Teriir shook his head as he declined and set his communication speaker to go shipwide so he was sure the people he wanted to reach, “Doctor Cushing and Ensign Han, please report to the Captain’s Office.”

“I thought Han was a Technician?” R’Turan pointed out before a look of understanding flashed across his features, “I see. Someone gave her a promotion without first informing you.”

“Although I gave permission to the Doctor to find someone with medical qualifications yesterday, I'd like to know more about his decision,” the Captain said as he went over to the turbolift to his office once more.

(( TAG: Christopher, Jei, Biiqs ))
    Asteropax
    Asteropax Medals
  2. Simulation Officer

• To Boldly Go On and On
      Rare (50 Points)

Reach one-thousand posts on the forums

Grandfathered

• Eternal Servitude!
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Be a registered user for five years

Grandfathered

• Paragon of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Unlocked Mon 28 Sep, 2015 9:01 PM

• Captain
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Ascend the ranks to reach the Captains chair

Unlocked Tue 31 Jan, 2012 6:44 PM

• Commander
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Receive a promotion to the rank of Commander

Grandfathered

• Pillar of the Community
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Be a registered user for 10 years

Unlocked Tue 27 Aug, 2019 12:07 AM

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • LogicalLeopard
    • Asteropax
    Reply With QuoteQuote
    U.S.S. ARES
    Deck 17-ENGINERING

“Have you ever experienced anything like this before?”
    Max thought for a moment, then said,
    - No, I don't think so.
    ((Tag RedKing))
    Max took the 'lender' arm & attached it to the stump. After a few seconds, it jerked a bit, then Max was able to control it.
    - Thanks Chief! I'm going to sickbay to see if the problem is with the connection implant in the stump.
    ((Tag RedKing))
    Max headed off to sickbay. In a few minutes, he was there.
    Sickbay
    ((Tag Chris))
    Max said, nervously,
    - It's a problem with my arm. Rosek has it in Engineering. Can you check the connection implant to see if there's a problem?
    ((Tag Chris))
    JoshuaABroughm
    JoshuaABroughm Medals
  3. Silver Contributor

• Silver Contributor
      Rare (50 Points)

Subscribe to a monthly Silver Subscription

Unlocked Thu 02 May, 2019 12:02 AM

• Captain
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Ascend the ranks to reach the Captains chair

Unlocked Sun 07 Apr, 2019 10:42 PM

• Stepping Forward
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Going from Clearance Level 3 to Clearance Level 4

Unlocked Sat 29 Sep, 2018 2:28 PM

• Poster Child
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Reach 500 posts on the forums

Unlocked Tue 05 Feb, 2019 9:03 PM

• Dean’s List
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Pass all three Academy exams

Unlocked Tue 22 May, 2018 5:00 PM

• Well Respected
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Reach reputation tier 6

Unlocked Sat 28 Jul, 2018 2:02 PM

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • LogicalLeopard
    • Asteropax
    Reply With QuoteQuote
    USS Ares
    Sick Bay

Name:  LT-CMDR-Obi-wan-adjusted.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  14.7 KB

Attachment 9774

Christopher had dismissed the EMH and was working on crew evaluations when he saw Max wander into sickbay looking a little concerned.

"Hey, Max," Christopher smiled, "what's up?"

Max said, nervously, "It's a problem with my arm. Rosek has it in Engineering. Can you check the connection implant to see if there's a problem?"

Now Christopher understood. "Sure, come on over to Biobed 1, it's a little more private. Now, let's get a good look." Christopher conducted a visual exam first, looking for any obvious signs of infection or inflammation. "You had any pain in this arm at all?"

(( MAX ))

"Well, that's a good start. Let's see what's going on inside." Christopher pulled over a cellular scanner and positioned Max's arm underneath the delicate sensor array. "Now, this won't hurt a bit."

(( MAX ))

Christopher watched the display as pale blue light scanned the remainder of the arm, data scrolling by at speed. After a few moments, the screen displayed an extremely detailed image of Max's implant, including the neural connections. He looked at Max, "You want to see?"

(( MAX ))

Christopher turned the display so that Max got a better view, "No infections, no sign of rejection, there's a slight displacement in one of the nerve impulse connections but it shouldn't have caused anything noticeable. Would you like me to correct the placement? I can schedule you in for later today?"

(( MAX ))

Attachment 9774
    WelshAvenger
    WelshAvenger Medals

Better to keep your mouth shut and others think you a fool, than to open it and remove all doubt.
    • Well Respected
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Reach reputation tier 6

Unlocked Sun 31 Mar, 2019 4:00 PM

• Paragon of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Unlocked Fri 01 Mar, 2019 2:01 AM

• Petty Officer 2nd Class
      Common (10 Points)

Receive the rank of Petty Officer 2nd Class

Unlocked Sat 29 Sep, 2018 10:54 PM

• Petty Officer 3rd Class
      Common (10 Points)

Receive the rank of Petty Officer 3rd Class

Unlocked Sun 12 Aug, 2018 3:53 PM

• Crewman
      Common (10 Points)

Receive the rank of Crewman

Unlocked Sun 12 Aug, 2018 3:53 PM

• Affectionate
      Common (10 Points)

Give positive reputation ten times to other users

Unlocked Fri 31 Aug, 2018 4:01 PM

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • WelshAvenger
    • Asteropax
    Reply With QuoteQuote
     –  Last edited by LogicalLeopard; 3 Days Ago.
    USS Ares
    Bridge

“For some reason, I’m not surprised. With a conspiracy like this, Admiral Barron needed a lot of people in her pocket. Lets get going on transporting them to their new homes. We’ll be ready to beam everyone off within the hour. Ares out,” Teriir answered as the channel closed. Sitting down in his chair, he opened up a new one, “Bridge to Commander Biiqs.”
    Tarquin, here. Go ahead, Captain.”

“The Athena has arrived. Get our special guests ready to be beamed off by the Cerberus as soon as you can,” he instructed the Officer.
    “Understood.” The connection closed soon afterward, and Biiqs popped another spiced potato ole in his mouth. When the door to the Ares Security Compound’s briefing room opened suddenly, he almost choked on it, fearing that it would be Chief Tran, policing his breakfast with zero tolerance. But it was only Locke.

“Good news! The Cerberus is ready to receive our complement of prisoners. I’ve got a bit of time before the briefing, so I’ll take care of the ones here in the Brig. I know that you’ve got your hands with our visitors of the more distinguished type, with the upcoming wedding.

“Thank you, sir. Speaking of visitors, were you aware that we have a new exchange officer yesterday evening from the Klingon Defense Force?” Locke handed him a PADD.

“I was not,” Looking at the PADD, he gave a low whistle. “Wow. That’s a big kitty.”

“I’d be careful not to call him that to his face, sir,” Locke said with a smirk.

“Or think it in his general vicinity,” replied Biiqs. “Some Ferasans are known to be telepathic. I spent a little time on the Klingon Border after the war, at Starbase 234. Interesting times. It required a lot of cooperation with the KDF to keep that area clear of postwar piracy. He should be a welcome addition to the ship. I think I’ll send him an invite to come and observe the briefing. But first, let me contact Quiir so he can square away the prisoners in the cargo bay.”

“Hopefully, without any injuries this time,” Locke jested.

“Oh, I’m sure he’ll do fine. I think he has the makings of a good officer. He practically leapt in front of the enlisted man who was actually responsible before he could confess his fault, accepting the blame for him. I’m sure that he’ll keep everyone’s chest cavities clear of dom-jot cues and get them over to the Cerberus with no problem. Commander Tarquin to Ensign Quiir.”

“Ensign Quiir here, sir,” the young Ferengi responded.

“The Cerberus is here for your guests. Please prepare them for immediate transport. Take care to deactivate the local transport inhibitor fields on my command.”

“Aye, sir. Preparing now.”

Before opening a channel to the Cerberus, Biiqs took a moment to type a message for Lt. Kurts, Lt. Tess, and Thane to meet him in the Briefing Room in the Security Complex on Deck 4 at 1300 hours.

(( TAG: Blaster, Krajin ))