• Allan Hood
    • Redking353
    • Scarlett
    Runabout USS Kennedy
    Cabin

Name:  Blue2 resize.jpg
Views: 383
Size:  24.5 KB

Max saw the action go down from a distance. He knew the runabout wouldn't take much to get blown to bits, so he stayed well outside nominal combat range. He noted the Nausicaan ship warp out, fleeing from battle. He took the ship in closer before opening comms.

=^= USS Aeres, this is Runabout Kennedy. Lt. Storm helming. I have transfer orders placing me aboard. Do I have clearance to dock?

((TAG Terrir))
    JoshBroughm
    JoshBroughm Medals
    • The Ghost Writer
      Rare (50 Points)

Be the Commanding Officer of the Roleplay Division

Unlocked Sat 29 Sep, 2018 1:05 PM

0.04% have received this achievement

• Rear Admiral
      Rare (50 Points)

Receive a promotion to the rank of Rear Admiral

Unlocked Sun 22 Jul, 2018 12:39 PM

0.46% have received this achievement

• Dean’s List
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Pass all three Academy exams

Unlocked Sun 10 Dec, 2017 7:06 AM

3.99% have received this achievement

• Stepping Forward
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Going from Clearance Level 3 to Clearance Level 4

Unlocked Sat 29 Sep, 2018 1:28 PM

1.91% have received this achievement

• Paragon of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Sign three roll calls in a row

Unlocked Fri 01 Jun, 2018 9:00 PM

9.77% have received this achievement

• Well Respected
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Reach reputation tier 6

Unlocked Sat 11 Aug, 2018 12:03 AM

0.70% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • LogicalLeopard
    • Allan Hood
    • Scarlett
    • Redking353
    USS Ares
    Deck 1 – Bridge

Just as the Ares and Lakota began traveling towards Dorvan V, a chime announcing another hail sounded.
    =^= USS Ares, this is Runabout Kennedy. Lt. Storm helming. I have transfer orders placing me aboard. Do I have clearance to dock?
    "Permission granted. Proceed to Shuttlebay 1," Captain Teriir stated. After the channel closed, he realized the colony had yet to attempt to establish contact. He wasn't sure if they were being jammed or didn't know about the success in repelling the Nausicaans. They needed to find out so he looked over to the Conn station, "Attempt to hail the colony and request the Lakota receives the broadcast as well."

Sudden movement to his left made him glance over. He had just enough time to see Lieutenant Hood dart into the turbolift as one of the other officers on the bridge took over his station. He gave a head shake in annoyance over the fact the Science Officer had run off without telling anyone what the problem was. He gave a quick swish of his hand towards one of the Security Officers who'd been standing by at the back of the bridge, "Ensign, follow Lieutenant Hood. We need to know that everything is alright. Use the ship's computer to track him. If there is a situation, contact me immediately. If not, report straight back here. "

As the Ensign headed over to the other turbolift, he glanced back to the Conn officer. The officer looked back up at him and guessed his silent question, "I've got them."

"This is Captain Teriir of the Federation Starship Ares."

The viewscreen activated to reveal a heavily built Cardassian, "I am Gul Enok, Advisor to the Detapa Council on Reconstruction. You're late."

Teriir noticed that the Gul looked as tense as he felt. Although he knew the Gul from his reputation and from facing him during the Dominion War, he wasn't sure if the Cardassian knew him. It was fairly clear he did. Getting his mind on the task at hand, he straightened himself out, "We were delayed by another pirate faction."

"And Captain Wilson?"

"Transferred off to recover from his injuries. I command the Ares now."

"Very well," The Gul relaxed a little, "We need the relief supplies on the surface as soon as possible; We've been forced to ration food stuffs for three weeks and the doctors here have run out of their equipment to deal with radiation poisoning."

"Then we'll start with that," Teriir nodded, "The Nausicaan ships in the system have been dealt with and we have reinforcements which arrived a little early. We won't have to worry about attacks from space for the time being. We managed to track transmissions to the surface and have identified a pair of bases not far from the main settlement."

"Two? That complicates things. A total of 47 people have gone missing."

"We'll work on locating which base has the missing people. If they're in just one of the bases, that'll make things easier and we'll focus our efforts there. Right now lets focus on helping the local population within the settlement. We'll be entering orbit in just a few minutes and I'll beam down to inform you of everything we're working on in person."

Enok said nothing, instead nodding with narrowed eyes, as the transmission ended. A second or two after, the bridge of the Lakota appeared on screen. Captain Terry was expressionless but her tone was apprehensive, “Gul Enok. He led the Cardassian 14th Order throughout the Dominion War. Although his forces were the main scout force of the Dominion, he planned and led numerous engagements. One of our greatest defeats in the War, the annihilation of almost the entire 7th Fleet at Tyra, was dealt by his hands.”

“He was an excellent strategist and leader, fighting for a cause he and his troops believed in,” He complimented Gul Enok. There was little else to say about how formidable he was in combat. The 7th Fleet was considered to be the elite fleet of the Federation and they were soundly defeated by him. It took the “wolfpack” and guerrilla tactics of the 6th Fleet, the primary scouting and patrol Fleet on their side, to finally counter him. Pushing the thoughts aside, he looked back at Captain Terry, “I look forward to meeting him. Enemies in war can sometimes be the best friends we could ask for in peace.”

(( TAG: Hood, Storm ))
    Asteropax
    Asteropax Medals
    • Pillar of the Community
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Be a registered user for 10 years

Unlocked Mon 26 Aug, 2019 11:07 PM

34.20% have received this achievement

• The Ghost Writer
      Rare (50 Points)

Unlocked Wed 23 Jun, 2021 10:02 PM

• Commodore
      Rare (50 Points)

Receive a promotion to the rank of Commodore

Unlocked Wed 23 Jun, 2021 9:11 PM

0.48% have received this achievement

• Captain
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Ascend the ranks to reach the Captains chair

Unlocked Tue 31 Jan, 2012 5:44 PM

0.67% have received this achievement

• Paragon of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Unlocked Mon 28 Sep, 2015 8:01 PM

• Highly Decorated
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Receive every medal the UFP has to offer

Unlocked Sat 24 Sep, 2022 9:00 PM

0.18% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Asteropax
    • Allan Hood
    • Scarlett
    • LogicalLeopard
    • Redking353
     –  Last edited by Josh Broughm; Mon 03 Sep, 2018 11:05 AM.
    Runabout Kennedy
    Cabin

=^= Acknowledged. =^=

Storm brought the runabout around to the aft of the Ares & proceeded to land the Kennedy in the indicated shuttle bay.

USS Ares
    Shuttlebay one

When Max landed the shuttle, several of the bay crew swarmed to hook up power conduits to fuel the runabout. As Storm came off the Kennedy with his personal effects, he said to the fieling crew,

- Might want to check the aft thrusters. One seems to be a bit sluggish in response.

He headed out of the Bay, dropped his effects in a nearby storage locker, then headed to the Bridge.

Bridge

Max proceeded off the bridge, PADDs in hand & stood in front of the captain, standing at attention.

- Lt. Maxwell Storm, reporting for duty, Sir!

He handed the Padd to the Captain.

((TAG Terrir))
    JoshBroughm
    JoshBroughm Medals
    • To Boldly Go On and On
      Rare (50 Points)

Reach one-thousand posts on the forums

Unlocked Sat 09 Feb, 2019 4:04 PM

0.71% have received this achievement

• Poster Child
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Reach 500 posts on the forums

1.11% have received this achievement

• Stepping Forward
      Uncommon (25 Points)

• Paragon of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

• Eternal Servitude!
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Be a registered user for five years

Unlocked Wed 06 Jan, 2021 11:03 AM

74.95% have received this achievement

• Tour of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

RSVP to ten events via the Events System

1.31% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Asteropax
    • Scarlett
    • LogicalLeopard
    • Redking353
     –  Last edited by Allan Hood; Wed 05 Sep, 2018 2:04 AM.
    Name:  LT EDIT RESIZE.jpg
Views: 351
Size:  15.2 KB
    USS Ares
    Deck 7 – Outside Hood's Quarters
    Sudden movement to his left made him glance over. He had just enough time to see Lieutenant Hood dart into the turbolift as one of the other officers on the bridge took over his station. He gave a head shake in annoyance over the fact the Science Officer had run off without telling anyone what the problem was. He gave a quick swish of his hand towards one of the Security Officers who'd been standing by at the back of the bridge, "Ensign, follow Lieutenant Hood. We need to know that everything is alright. Use the ship's computer to track him. If there is a situation, contact me immediately. If not, report straight back here. "
    Feeling relieved that his family was safe, Hood stepped out of his quarters and ran into a younger ensign in the corridor.

"Ensign, were you waiting outside my quarters?" Hood asked suspiciously, "anything I can help you with? Walk with me."

((TAG Asteropax))
    AllanHood Medals
    • The Ghost Writer
      Rare (50 Points)

• Rear Admiral
      Rare (50 Points)

• Dean’s List
      Uncommon (25 Points)

• Stepping Forward
      Uncommon (25 Points)

• Paragon of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

• Well Respected
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Reach reputation tier 6

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Allan Hood
    • Scarlett
    • LogicalLeopard
    • Redking353
     –  Last edited by Asteropax; Wed 05 Sep, 2018 1:43 AM.
    USS Ares
    Deck 1 – Bridge

"We have entered standard orbit, Captain," the Helm Officer reported as the Ares slowed down. Dorvan V was below the ship, off their port side, and the USS Lakota was just ahead of them.

Hearing the turbolift doors open, Teriir turned around. He was half expecting the Ensign he sent to follow Lieutenant Hood to step onto the bridge but instead saw a different face. He stood motionless as the officer approached him.
    Max proceeded off the bridge, PADDs in hand & stood in front of the captain, standing at attention.

- Lt. Maxwell Storm, reporting for duty, Sir!

He handed the Padd to the Captain.
    Taking the PADD, Teriir glanced through it. He saw the transfer order which had been submitted by Lieutenant Gytaik a short while ago and that this officer was her replacement as the ship's Conn Officer. He focused back to the Lieutenant, "At ease, Mr. Storm. Go ahead and start getting acquainted with your new workplace. We're going to be sending an away team to the planet soon and I would like you to join them."

Thinking quickly, he ran through a list of officers he would like in attendance, "I also want Lieutenant Hood, Councilor A'Mand, Doctor Hems, and Lieutenant Locke on the away team. I'll round out the team which will establish the opening dialogues with the locals. Send a message to the Lakota to have some of their officers join us down there."

As he stepped over to the turbolift, he observed as Ensign Falora, one of the science officers moved to join him. He also heard Commander R'Turan give a subtle growl as he spoke up an objection, "Captain, need I remind you of Starfleet Regulations regarding Captains on away teams?"

"You may," Teriir grinned as the turbolift doors closed. He chuckled internally and listened to the hum of the moving turbolift. Oh sure, regulations stated that Captains were meant to remain aboard their ships but he wanted to make sure to meet with Gul Enok, his staff, and the Colony Leaders in person. Viewscreens and reports were so impersonal in that regard. There was no immanent danger either so he was comfortable leaving the ship for awhile.

"Hold," Ensign Falora instructed the turbolift, bringing them to a halt. The Captain looked over to the Vulcan, his curiosity peaked. She had one of those blank but informative expressions on her face, "Why did you dispatch someone to search for my immediate superior?"

"Curiosity, mainly," He admitted, "I am unused to seeing people take off from the bridge without much warning."

"Given Lieutenant Hood's reaction from our previous engagement, there is a 97.46% chance he departed from the bridge to investigate the status of his family. I have observed this to be a . . . common practice amongst personnel with families aboard starships."

"Oh," Teriir felt embarrassed at this explanation. He shifted slightly, knowing his own actions now needed a better explanation, "I am unused to being aboard a starship with families aboard. My previous postings all put me aboard ships which were deployed to sectors with a fair amount of combat. For their safety, my ship never had families on board. We only visited them at starbases or when we were on leave. Having officers' families around is something I am going to have to start getting used to. Thank you for clarifying this for me."

"Resume," Ensign Falora instructed the computer, her tone and expression giving nothing away about her thoughts on his statements. She got off on Deck 8 and he caught himself hesitating after taking a step to follow her off. His instincts were telling him to head to the Medical Bay but he forced himself to continue forwards. He needed to locate Lieutenant Hood, both to inform him of the away team assignment and also to apologize to him for misunderstanding his intentions for leaving the bridge.

(( TAG: Bridge Officers, Storm, Hood, Biiqs, Away Team Members ))
    Asteropax
    Asteropax Medals
    • To Boldly Go On and On
      Rare (50 Points)

• Poster Child
      Uncommon (25 Points)

• Stepping Forward
      Uncommon (25 Points)

• Paragon of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

• Eternal Servitude!
      Uncommon (25 Points)

• Tour of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Asteropax
    • Scarlett
    • LogicalLeopard
    • Redking353
     –  Last edited by Allan Hood; Wed 05 Sep, 2018 9:42 PM.
    USS Ares
    Deck 7 – Turbolift
    "Resume," Ensign Falora instructed the computer, her tone and expression giving nothing away about her thoughts on his statements. She got off on Deck 8 and he caught himself hesitating after taking a step to follow her off. His instincts were telling him to head to the Medical Bay but he forced himself to continue forwards. He needed to locate Lieutenant Hood, both to inform him of the away team assignment and also to apologize to him for misunderstanding his intentions for leaving the bridge.
    "Bridge."

The ensign security officer stood just behind Hood's left shoulder in the turbolift. It reminded him of when he was a child on his father's ship, caught in some mischief with his brother, on the USS Saratoga.

"And, thanks for the escort, Ensign," Hood said half-jokingly, unsure of what to make of the captain's orders given to the young security officer. "I haven't had security escort me to the bridge in quite awhile."

"I'm just following orders, sir," he replied.

Hood smiled to himself.

"Lieutenant Hood," Falora's even-toned, Vulcan voice commed through the internal sound system within the bulkheads, "the captain orders you to join him on an away mission to the planet's surface, sir."

"Understood." Hood replied. "You didn't throw regulations in his face, did you?"

"Lieutenant, Starfleet Code: Section 12, Paragraph 4, recommends against..."

"Thanks for the reminder, Ensign," Hood said.

"I also told the captain there was a 97.46 percent chance that you departed from the bridge to investigate the status of your family after he sent a security officer immediately following your departure from the bridge," Ensign Falora added as Hood looked over his shoulder at the security officer. "Is your family safe, Lieutenant?"

"Yes, thank you, Ensign," Hood replied. "Thanks for asking."

"Of course, sir, there is a 99.58 percent chance that your family, not only survived our last encounter, but, additionally, remained unscathed."

"Of course, Ensign. Thanks, again."

After seeing the security officer to the bridge, Hood gave his destination.

"Deck 4."
    AllanHood Medals
      Very Rare (100 Points)

• The Ghost Writer
      Rare (50 Points)

• Commodore
      Rare (50 Points)

• Captain
      Uncommon (25 Points)

• Paragon of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

• Highly Decorated
      Very Rare (100 Points)

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Scarlett
    • LogicalLeopard
    • Allan Hood
    • Redking353
    • Asteropax
     –  Last edited by Allan Hood; Wed 05 Sep, 2018 9:34 PM.
    USS Ares
    Deck 1 – Bridge

Name:  Blue2 resize.jpg
Views: 300
Size:  24.5 KB

Taking the PADD, Teriir glanced through it. He saw the transfer order which had been submitted by Lieutenant Gytaik a short while ago and that this officer was her replacement as the ship's Conn Officer. He focused back to the Lieutenant, "At ease, Mr. Storm. Go ahead and start getting acquainted with your new workplace. We're going to be sending an away team to the planet soon and I would like you to join them."
    Max nodded, then headed back to the storage locker he stowed his effects, grabbed a long sword, quickly replicated a scarab for it & headed back to the bridge. When he got there, some of the officers looked at him strange.

- I have a focus in close quarters combat & martial weapons.

The bridge went back to normal. Max took his seat at the forward console, leaning the sword against the side of it. He then took a few moments to set up the console the way he preferred, putting a smaller version of the MSD in the centre of the controls, with internal controls on one side and external on the other, adjusting the touch sensitivity. Once finished, he grabbed the sword and headed down to the transporter room, grabbing a bottle of water along the way. This was a habit he got into when he served on the Tampa. He got there before everyone else. Max looked at the transporter operator and said,

- Guess I'm early.

The operator shrugged and said, half interested,

- I never see anyone most times here. Feels like I got the arse end of this posting.

Max sighed, then sat on the steps leading to the pads. He then pulled the sword from the scarab & proceeded to do some sharpening with his bionic arm while he waited.

((TAG Anyone who's on the away mission.))
    JoshBroughm
    JoshBroughm Medals
    • Dean’s List
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Unlocked Fri 03 Jun, 2022 1:03 AM

• Command Master Chief Petty Officer
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Receive the rank of Command Master Chief Petty Officer

Unlocked Sat 21 Dec, 2019 9:57 PM

0.02% have received this achievement

• Master Chief Petty Officer of the Fleet
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Receive the rank of Master Chief Petty Officer of the Fleet

Unlocked Sat 25 Sep, 2021 8:57 PM

0.03% have received this achievement

• Stepping Forward
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Unlocked Sun 12 Jun, 2022 10:01 AM

• Commander
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Receive a promotion to the rank of Commander

Unlocked Sat 24 Sep, 2022 8:47 PM

0.64% have received this achievement

• Captain
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Unlocked Fri 04 Nov, 2022 1:05 PM

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Scarlett
    • Allan Hood
    • Redking353
    • Asteropax
     –  Last edited by LogicalLeopard; Wed 05 Sep, 2018 4:35 PM.
    USS Lakota
    Deck 1 – Bridge

After the Captain concluded her communication with Captain Teriir, Biiqs spoke casually in a medium tone, almost to himself.

"Hmmmnn. Gul Enok..." He let the name rest there for a beat, before continuing. "Seems to me there are only two ways a Cardassian war hero gets stuck on a backwater border world, guarding a group of human citizens with inadequate defense forces. Either this area is seen as a point of immense strategic value to the Union, which borders are by definition, I suppose....or he really upset someone back at the Detapa Council. Upset...or posed a challenge to someone. It is not the most glamorous of assignments."

Captain Terry's lips were tight. Biiqs could tell she was ruminating on Gul Enok's role in the war, as were many, he supposed. Biiqs had sat that part of the war out, spending a good chunk of '74 in the Hugora Nebula, after the USS Tian An Men was heavily damaged in a Jem Hadar raid. The relief that he and his crewmates felt when they finally limped out of the nebula was very short lived, after hearing about the fate of the Seventh Fleet.

"No matter," replied Captain Terry, standing up suddenly. "We have to deal with him anyway. Science, we need some scans on those bases. See if we can isolate any Human and Cardassian lifesigns, to see where the captives are concentrated, and their disposition within the buildings, if possible. Send me the data when you're done. Commander Tarquin, we're going to need to come up with a plan to get those civilians out of Nausicaan hands. You'll then need to coordinate with your counterpart on the...."

She turned her eyes away from him in almost a sheepish fashion, realizing her error. "I...suppose I'll have to work out exactly when your transfer will take effect with Captain Teriir. At any rate, I....we need to get down there. Tarquin, you're with me. Commander Nassib, you have the Bridge."

Biiqs surrendered his station to Lt. Galvut and followed the captain to the turbolift. Before stepping in, she tapped her communicator badge. "Doctor Svenson, Lt. Commander Ogbah, report to Transporter Room One."

After a short briefing in the Transporter Room, the four officers were beamed to the surface of the planet.

OOC: Lt. Commander Ogbah is the name I gave the NPC who will oversee the planetary defense satellites. If there's another NPC planned for that, he can just be another Lakota NPC.

(( TAG: Away team ))
    https://ufplanets.com/ufp/images/signatures/LogicalLeopard.png
    LogicalLeopard Medals
    • To Boldly Go On and On
      Rare (50 Points)

• Poster Child
      Uncommon (25 Points)

• Stepping Forward
      Uncommon (25 Points)

• Paragon of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

• Eternal Servitude!
      Uncommon (25 Points)

• Tour of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Scarlett
    • Redking353
    • Asteropax
    • LogicalLeopard
     –  Last edited by Allan Hood; Thu 06 Sep, 2018 10:03 PM.
    USS Ares
    Deck 4 – Transporter Room 1

Max sighed, then sat on the steps leading to the pads. He then pulled the sword from the scarab & proceeded to do some sharpening with his bionic arm while he waited.
    "You carry a longsword with you on away missions?" Hood asked as he entered the transporter room, walking to his gear locker. He grabbed his personal tricorder, with slight modifications to the controls and display, in addition to a type-1 and a type-2 phaser. He slipped the type-1 out-of-sight into his right boot, then holsted both his tricorder and type-2, consecutively.

"Where did you train?" Hood asked excitedly, reaching under his uniform to the small of his back, pulling out a one-handed grip. With a flick of his thumb, a slightly curved blade extended in a series of rapid clicks, bell-guard first.

"We need to spar, sometime," Hood offered, "I been going against holograms for too long. You prefer Bloßfechten or Harnischfechten? With a longsword, I prefer Bloßfechten; due to the practicability. But, my personal favorite, is the cutlass."

Hood flicked his thumb back, collapsing his sword and placing it back under his uniform.

((TAG Storm))
    AllanHood Medals
      Very Rare (100 Points)

• The Ghost Writer
      Rare (50 Points)

• Commodore
      Rare (50 Points)

• Captain
      Uncommon (25 Points)

• Paragon of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

• Highly Decorated
      Very Rare (100 Points)

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Redking353
    • Allan Hood
    • Asteropax
    • LogicalLeopard
     –  Last edited by Allan Hood; Thu 06 Sep, 2018 10:06 PM.
    USS Ares
    Deck 4 – Transporter Room 1

"You carry a longsword with you on away missions?" Hood asked as he entered the transporter room, walking to his gear locker. He grabbed his personal tricorder, with slight modifications to the controls and display, in addition to a type-1 and a type-2 phaser. He slipped the type-1 out-of-sight into his right boot, then holsted both his tricorder and type-2, consecutively.
    Max smiled and said,
    - Yeah, I do. Its of my own build.
    "Where did you train?" Hood asked excitedly, reaching under his uniform to the small of his back, pulling out a one-handed grip. With a flick of his thumb, a slightly curved blade extended in a series of rapid clicks, bell-guard first.
    Max thought for a moment, then said,

- Academy, actually. I got the training through advanced combat techniques. My family are all master blacksmiths & I'm the only one who has the training in martial weaponry.
    "We need to spar, sometime," Hood offered, "I been going against holograms for too long. You prefer Bloßfechten or Harnischfechten? With a longsword, I prefer Bloßfechten; due to the practicability. But, my personal favorite, is the cutlass."
    Max thought to himself & said,

- The second one.

((TAG Hood))

OOC: I Legit do not know what those are, Al. LOL
    JoshBroughm
    JoshBroughm Medals
    • The Ghost Writer
      Rare (50 Points)

• Rear Admiral
      Rare (50 Points)

• Dean’s List
      Uncommon (25 Points)

• Stepping Forward
      Uncommon (25 Points)

• Paragon of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

• Well Respected
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Reach reputation tier 6

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • LogicalLeopard
    • Silynn
    • Allan Hood
    • Redking353
     –  Last edited by Asteropax; Thu 01 Nov, 2018 12:19 AM.
    USS Ares
    Deck 4 - Transporter Room 1

Captain Teriir entered the Transporter Room with Lieutenant Locke just a few steps behind. He ran into the Security Officer while he was looking around for Lieutenant Hood and decided to go ahead to join the away team early. He thought he would be able to speak with the Science Officer to clear up his own misunderstanding on how much families impacted life aboard starships but found he was already busy speaking with the new Conn Officer. He stayed back and let them continue their conversation on preferences in fencing styles.

Although he possessed a collapsible sword, Teriir was not very well versed in specific Earth dueling types. Instead, he learned several Andorian martial arts and Klingon swordsmanship during the Dominion War. There wasn't much time to get full training sessions in so a great deal of his practice time was in actual applications against the Jem'Hadar and Cardassians. He learned to blend both of their very aggressive combat styles together into his own unique style, emphasizing on slashing and grappling his opponents. One of the officers who helped him hone his skills commented that they weren't training to fight; they were training to win.

Glancing over to Lieutenant Locke, he couldn't help feel surprised by his silence. Locke never shied away from discussions on melee combat so this was strange behavior from him, "Are you alright?"

"Yeah. I mean, yes, sir," Locke responded. He shifted his weight and leaned against the wall, "Actually, I'm trying to make sense of what you told me about Gul Enok. Why in the universe would someone of his caliber be on a backwater world instead of being a key member of the Cardassian Military?"

"Do you recall, late in the Dominion War, what happened when the Breen joined the Dominion?"

"Of course. The Romulan and Federation fleets were sidelined because of their energy dampening weapons," the Security Officer replied, nodding while doing so, "It took the Cardassian Resistance Movement delivering one of the weapons to Starfleet to find a countermeasure for the fleets to use. When our engineers revealed their breakthrough, some of the Fleet Commanders decided to rejoin the lines to aid the Klingons Fleets that had been fighting off the Dominion for weeks while others launched full scale counter attacks and raids into Dominion Territory. Our Fleet Commander, Admiral Ivanov of the 6th Fleet, had us launch a full scale assault on Regulak, an extremely important anchorage and ship production site deep within Dominion Territory. It had been a target of ours for months and she felt it was the perfect time to hit it. We ended up attacking with the entire fleet, 215 ships strong, against Gul Enok's approximate 350 defending Dominion ships, including the entire 14th Order."

Captain Teriir was about to start highlighting a few details of the raid but Lieutenant Locke's expression changed from being quizzical to a humorous cringe, "Oh, jeez! No wonder he's not in the military now!"

Knowing Locke understood the implications on the Cardassian Gul, he recognized the other officers listening in would like to know what happened. Teriir swiftly described the major points of the fighting, "Gul Enok sent the Jem'Hadar and Breen ships he commanded to engage the 6th Fleet, not knowing their energy draining weapons were now useless. The 6th Fleet destroyed all of the ships he'd sent, roughly 2 thirds of the Dominion's fleet in that system, within the first hour of fighting. We moved so quickly that the 14th Order was caught napping when we attacked them. The ships which survived the initial attack scattered but we knew they were forming up into smaller attack groups to perform guerrilla attacks on the fleet. Our own ships split up into small groups, as few as single ships, and soundly beat them in a day long series of skirmishes across the entire solar system. Finally, the surviving 38 Cardassian ships retreated and our Fleet regrouped to focus our attention on the Regulak Anchorage."

"Because one of our ships sneaked in an sabotaged their communications relays early in the fighting, they had no idea their defensive fleet had been driven out of the system. The primary repair and construction facility for the Dominion's Battleships was completely exposed to our fleet. We destroyed dozens of Battleships undergoing repairs or in various stages of construction, all trapped within their own drydocks. During our return trip to Federation Territory, we intercepted and destroyed additional Battleships caught returning to port for repairs. The 6th Fleet suffered only 47 ships destroyed and 67 heavily damaged during the raid. It was an almost inconceivable trade-off considering no fewer than 300 Dominion ships were destroyed; Not counting the 32 Dominion Battleships destroyed throughout the fighting. The Dominion Fleets retreated back to Cardassian Territory several days later and our own forces began amassing for an invasion of Cardassia."

"With so many important assets lost," Captain Teriir explained what he believed happened following the raid, "I think Gul Enok was disgraced in the eyes of the Dominion's military and forced to step down from his command position. Following the War, the Detapa Council requested he return to duty as, regardless of his colossal failure, is one of Cardassia's finest leaders. We may be able to learn more about what happened to him during our stay here."

(( TAG: Away Team ))
    Asteropax
    Asteropax Medals
    • To Boldly Go On and On
      Rare (50 Points)

• Poster Child
      Uncommon (25 Points)

• Stepping Forward
      Uncommon (25 Points)

• Paragon of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

• Eternal Servitude!
      Uncommon (25 Points)

• Tour of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Silynn
    • Asteropax
    • Redking353
     –  Last edited by Allan Hood; Fri 07 Sep, 2018 3:54 AM.
    USS Ares

"With so many important assets lost," Captain Teriir explained what he believed happened following the raid, "I think Gul Enok was disgraced in the eyes of the Dominion's military and forced to step down from his command position. Following the War, the Detapa Council requested he return to duty as, regardless of his colossal failure, is one of Cardassia's finest leaders. We may be able to learn more about what happened to him during our stay here."
    "I remember the Sixth Fleet was pulled from the Bolian front for redeployment and that Starfleet was working on another operation," Hood recalled, "but, I didn't realize all the details behind the Romulan front; I was an ensign at the time." Hood also avoided discussing the war as much as possible, especially anything that happened during the Siege of AR-558.

"Those energy dampening weapons tore through us during the Second Battle of Chin'toka," Hood continued, "While with the Ninth Fleet, stationed on the Sutherland, I was working with a team, trying to find a way around their weapons. We got as far as experimenting with Tritium intermix modification simulations for the Klingons to use, but, we couldn't get it stable. We hypothesized that their ships could be potentially immune to their weapons, but, nothing we tested worked, so we eventually scrapped the theory. We didn't factor-in containment problems as being part of the solution! When we found out that the Ki'tang used a Tritium intermix modification to compensate for their containment problem, we were in disbelief; all our simulations involved a fully functional Bird-of-Prey with no engineering problems. And to figure the Klingons stumbled upon this idea by accident..."

"All those hours of simulations..." Hood shook his head and smiled at the luck of the Klingons' unexpected catalyst.

((TAG Away Team))
    AllanHood Medals
      Very Rare (100 Points)

• The Ghost Writer
      Rare (50 Points)

• Commodore
      Rare (50 Points)

• Captain
      Uncommon (25 Points)

• Paragon of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

• Highly Decorated
      Very Rare (100 Points)

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Asteropax
    • Silynn
    • Allan Hood
    • Redking353
    USS Ares

Max had a thought while he was sitting on the stairs, sharpening the sword.

- Goddamnit. Captain is this away mission of a diplomatic nature?

((TAG Terrir))

Max realised his error then & there. The longsword was a bit of overkill.

- I'm sorry, sir. It was just an instinctual-

((TAG Terrir))

Max sheathed the sword & placed it in a corner. He had another thought & it was about the captain's safety. He went to his bionic arm, unclipped a small, round disc, then held it out to the captain.

- This is a transponder beacon. Might I ask you to wear it, so that the ship can beam you out of any....prickly situations.....that might occur?

((TAG Away Team))
    JoshBroughm
    JoshBroughm Medals
    • The Ghost Writer
      Rare (50 Points)

• Rear Admiral
      Rare (50 Points)

• Dean’s List
      Uncommon (25 Points)

• Stepping Forward
      Uncommon (25 Points)

• Paragon of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

• Well Respected
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Reach reputation tier 6

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Silynn
    • Scarlett
    • Allan Hood
    • Redking353
    USS Ares

"I remember the Sixth Fleet was pulled from the Bolian front for redeployment and that Starfleet was working on another operation," Hood recalled . . .

. . . "All those hours of simulations..." Hood shook his head and smiled at the luck of the Klingons' unexpected catalyst.
    Captain Teriir said nothing while Hood spoke, letting him finish his recollection before speaking, "I understand almost every science and engineering officer in the fleet were working double shifts trying to figure out what to do with the Breen energy dampening weapons. We should all be grateful Legate Damar provided us with one so we could make the needed breakthroughs. The war was brutal on all of us, from those who fought to the ones who had to wait for news of the battles raging across the quadrant. I'm glad the war was ended with diplomacy rather than the all out assault which would've cost a bare minimum of 40% of the fleet sent to Cardassia."
    Max had a thought while he was sitting on the stairs, sharpening the sword.

- Goddamnit. Captain is this away mission of a diplomatic nature?
    Teriir was amused by the question until he realized both the Conn officer and Science officer were better armed than the Security Officer present, "This is a diplomatic mission. We're beaming down to talk to the Cardassian and Native American population on the planet below. There is no way I'm letting the two of you beam down with all those weapons. Lose them. The only Officers who should carry any sort of weapons down at this time are from the Security Division. They're called that for a reason."
    Max realised his error then & there. The longsword was a bit of overkill.

- I'm sorry, sir. It was just an instinctual-
    "Instinctual or not," Teriir raised his hand as he cut him off, "There is no war being fought on Dorvan V. Skirmishes yes, problems yes, but we will only fight when we have to. Showing up any location which we have been invited to, anywhere, anytime, with every weapon you can carry is not acceptable. It's like going to the neighbor's house for dinner carrying a rifle."

As Lieutenant Storm put the sword down and Hood gave Locke the phaser he was carrying to put away, Teriir thought through what he said. He was pretty gruff with the two of them but also knew he had to stress the need for them to be diplomatic. Weapons only helped escalate situations. He knew the feeling of being instinctive on arming yourself as he almost grabbed a phaser from the locker he and Lieutenant Locke stopped at on their way to the transporter. It was hard letting go of the tactical duties he'd performed for years now but it was no longer his main concern. He had far more to consider now than he ever did before. It seemed to be the right thing to do in this case.
    Max sheathed the sword & placed it in a corner. He had another thought & it was about the captain's safety. He went to his bionic arm, unclipped a small, round disc, then held it out to the captain.

- This is a transponder beacon. Might I ask you to wear it, so that the ship can beam you out of any....prickly situations.....that might occur?
    "No thanks, Lieutenant," Teriir responded, "If we experience prickly situations, we'll face them together."

"Ahem," Locke coughed to get his attention. He continued after the Captain turned to look at him, "You're already defying Starfleet Regulations by joining an away team. At least do something to ensure your own safety down there."

"I won't abandon people in a crisis," Teriir protested.

The Security Officer shook his head, "We know you won't; You'll come back for us."

He opened his mouth to argue further but quickly shut it. He couldn't argue with Locke's logic and he was right. Giving his head a shake, he took the transponder beacon from Storm, "You're right. Thank you."

Taking a look around he squinted slightly, "Now then, where are Councilor A'Mand and Doctor Hems? We need to beam down soon as Cardassians appreciate punctuality."

"The Doc's probably finishing up with a patient and I think the Councilor had an appointment earlier," Locke guessed, "They'll be here soon."

((TAG Away Team, A'Mand, Hems))
    Asteropax
    Asteropax Medals
      Very Rare (100 Points)

• The Ghost Writer
      Rare (50 Points)

• Commodore
      Rare (50 Points)

• Captain
      Uncommon (25 Points)

• Paragon of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

• Highly Decorated
      Very Rare (100 Points)

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Asteropax
    • Allan Hood
    • Redking353
    USS Ares

Max got up and paced a bit back & forth. He wanted to ask a question of the captain, without sounding brash. He stopped, leaned against a wall and asked,
    - When granda-uh...Admiral Storm gave me my assignment, he never said anything about the broader mission of the Ares. If I may ask, what is our mission...beyond this check-in?

((TAG Terrir))
    Max smiled and said,
    - Gramps knows how to pick 'em.

((TAG Someone asking about the Admiral.))
    - Mark Storm, Fleet coordination office. Been in Starfleet for.....God, almost 55 years, I'd guess. He was the one that sponsored my entry to the Academy. My father was completely against me going into the service, but Gramps told him on multiple occasions to back off. Part of the reason why mum divorced him. He can be extremely push at times. There were times when I was in the Academy that I was pulled into the Dean's office & I thought Dad's ship was destroyed, only to find out that there was phantom Reprimands on my school record. I know of two that I DEFINITELY DESERVED, but the others I figured that dad got into the ear of my instructors. Dad got found out just five months from my graduation. He was suspended, then shifted to a new command that put him in the service of outpost 225. Well far & away from earth. Thank God for that!

((TAG Terrir))
    - I love him. I mean, he's my dad, but I'm glad he's well away from me now that I'm in full service. He always seems to try to sabotage my career at every step.
    ((TAG Hood))
    - I was taught blacksmithing by my Gramps & I received my master smithing certificate in my second year of the Academy.
    ((TAG Away Team, A'Mand, Hems))
    JoshBroughm
    JoshBroughm Medals