FEO and Website September Roll Call Feedback

Started By:
Three of Seven, Tue 18 Sep, 2018 5:17 PM
Views:
Replies:
  1. Fleet Admiral

• Commendation
      Commendation (150 Points)

Awarded during the UFP Award Ceremony to those who go above and beyond for the community

Unlocked Sat 29 Jun, 2019 9:56 PM

0.22% have received this achievement

• Highly Decorated
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Receive every medal the UFP has to offer

Unlocked Sun 27 Mar, 2016 2:00 PM

0.18% have received this achievement

• Set Phasers To Frag
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Win an Annual Elite Force Tournament

Unlocked Sun 28 Aug, 2016 7:24 PM

0.04% have received this achievement

• Top Brass
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Reach the highest Starfleet Rank

Unlocked Sat 17 Dec, 2016 10:30 PM

0.03% have received this achievement

• To Infinity and Beyond
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Reach ten-thousand posts on the forums

Grandfathered

0.02% have received this achievement

• Hearthstone Tournament Winner
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Win the annual Hearthstone Tournament

Unlocked Mon 04 Jul, 2016 6:08 PM

0.01% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    Pronouns
    She/Her
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Silynn
    • Arlu3n
    • Scarlett
    FEO 240

Greetings,

FEO have looked over the comments from the last survey and provided their responses to them. A number of other divisions and departments have and will continue to post their survey results over the next few days. I would like to thank everyone who took the time to respond to the survey and a special thanks to those who left comments. You can still submit feedback via the contact form if there is something you wish to send us. Or you can drop me a PM and I will respond in reasonable time.

There has been a slight fall within the FEO approval rating, looking at one comment we got about STO, it looks like there was a bit of confusion as to what FEO does. There was a comment that allowed us to describe what each of us do in FEO, so hopefully, that will help address any confusion! Of course, if you do think we are doing something wrong, I strongly urge you to get in touch, we won't yell or scream at you!

FEO September Approval Rating: 97% (-2%)
    FEO June Approval Rating: 99%

Three of Seven is my favourite Fleet Admiral ever, the rest of FEO are pretty cool too, but they are all like, totally not as cool, and this isn't Three of Seven writing this, promise.
    Three of Seven: Wow! Thank your very much from the person who is totally not me! I definitely did not write this at all!

KerryMalone: attachment.php?attachmentid=9384&d=1537101917

Jonathan: Meh

Y'all win so much!
    Three of Seven: How much did I win? Can I buy a new house and computer?

KerryMalone: I haven't won anything... Sad

Sammygm: I never win anything.

Jonathan: Win?

We have the best of the best in office
    Three of Seven: Thank you very much!

KerryMalone: Do I even have an office?

Jordan: Thanks!

Jonathan: Ta

I have absolutely no problems with how things are run thus far, regardless of the field. You have provided me with all the information and assistance that I could possibly ask for. I am not yet experienced enough in the community to make a thorough assessment, however.
    Three of Seven: That's great to hear, if you ever do run into any problems, or have any suggestions, please do feel free to get in touch.

KerryMalone: We look forward to what you may contribute in the future!

Jordan: If you do have any issues do just a message, we're always eager to hear from our members to improve our community.

Jonathan: All the comments above plus thanks

If an update to the rules has been made, it would be nice to know. I was booted with no incidents of missing role call or getting any notices about any inactivity, or if there was a problem of some kind. Even when I asked, I wasn't given an actual reason, just told that's how it works if you aren't active enough.
    Three of Seven: This is not something FEO make the decisions for, this is a gaming matter, however to provide an answer, the STO fleets have an inactivity removal policy due to fleet caps being at 500 members, meaning if you don't log into the game on a regular basis, your character might get removed for inactivity to allow someone else to get the place. Funny story, this has happened to some of my characters, so no one is exempt from this rule, it is set by our STO team. Below is copied from the SFO Fleet Invite Policies.

All fleets within Star Trek Online have a hard cap of 500 members, due to the size and popularity of the UFP we have therefore had to put in place a measure of population control. In essence should your in-game characters be inactive for longer than two months they will be removed from the in-game fleets; this is to ensure that there is plenty of room for new, returning or more active players, being removed because of in-activity does not effect in anyway your standing as a Crewman or your status on the forum. If you are removed and wish to return simply fill in an invite request here.

Thank you for your feedback, I hope this answers your question.

Sammygm: Can confirm that I've not changed that rule what so ever and has been firmly in place since 2014.

Jonathan: Those rules haven't changed in years. It's a common sense approach to managing the population of our fleets.

Have not been able to play enough to get a feel for it.
    Three of Seven: Well, let us know if you ever have any problems!

KerryMalone: Always happy to help if we can!

Summer time, thus things are understandably quiet. Seems a few are on holiday or MIA for the summer, but it is understandable. Just hope folks are holding on to just "hold on". Sometimes new blood breathes new life into things.
    Three of Seven: No one is just "holding on" to a position, they just might not be as visible as others in the public space, they all have duties to carry out, which they are doing. While I would like all members of FEO to publicly engage as often as possible, sometimes things happen that prevent this, for myself, I have been quite ill recently to be as active as I would normally be in the public areas of the forum.

KerryMalone: I would like to think that everyone here is working hard and contributing their own special contribution. Often as not, as Three said above, what we do isn't really for the public domain. As an example, Jonathan has been working extremely hard on revamping our company's legal framework, so that it is secure for the future.

Sammygm: I can assure that everyone does their part, just as my friends above me mentioned, the things they do might not be publicly visible. We also might have something in the planning stages to see what goes on behind the scenes.

Jordan: Can confirm, stuck in the dungeon.. send help. Ditto to what has been said above, we're all working away in our respective areas to keep the UFP moving forward.

Jonathan: Can confirm I have returned to the closet from whence I came. In all seriousness, a lot of what we do is not publicly displayed especially in my department.

Those Orange Folks work hard (or Hardly work?)
    Three of Seven: I do all the work, the others just pretend. Just kidding, everyone does their part!

KerryMalone: I'm just here for decoration. Cool

Sammygm: Hardly work.

Jordan: Three is way too kind... we just pretend to look busy Wink

Jonathan: I've fallen...and I can't get up

FEO listens to concerns when they are raised, and are happy to publicly provide feedback when it will benefit the community. As volunteers they do a great job, thanks!
    Three of Seven: Not a problem, we will always try our best, and we do always look into every suggestion to see how viable it is.

KerryMalone: Feedback is important! Even if you think the idea is stupid, there used to be no such thing as a stupid question. Then Three started asking questions. Now that saying is redundant.

Jordan: That's great to hear. We're always looking for feedback where possible, especially if our members want anything changed to improve their experience!

Jonathan: Good to hear

insert comment here
    Three of Seven: $THREE_OF_SEVEN_RESPONSE;

KerryMalone: #Response2018

Jordan: if ( !$THREE_OF_SEVEN_RESPONSE ) { http_response_code("404"); exit(); }

still new. have not gotten to meet anyone quite yet
    Three of Seven: I am Three of Seven, and I currently lead the direction of this place, with the rest of FEO working hard to implement some of my suggestions, or just doing their own thing sometimes to help make this place better for everyone. Although, I think they mostly just pretend I contribute.

KerryMalone: I'm KerryMalone, I'm currently the Head of Community Development. My role is to work with the community engagement bodies like Starfleet Academy and the Ares Roleplay Project to give you guys some interesting things to do around the community beyond gaming!

Sammygm: I'm Sammygm, I'm the Head of Gaming in the UFP. My role is to make sure that everything is going well with our gaming divisions, make sure they get their survey results! I help guide the division's direction, but I usually give them their freedom to do what they feel is best. I will often intervene if fundamental problems plagues a divisions. Other than that I do a few other non gaming tasks here and there, I help set up the UFPAC every 3 months, occasionally do small tournaments.

Jordan: Hi, I'm Jordan. I'm the Head of Technical Services, which just means I manage the server and website (for the most part).

Jonathan: Hola, I'm Jonathan. I'm the Head of Community Administration and I manage, well the administration of the community. This has a rather large remit from community signatures to handling the finances.

Despite their occasionally feeble attempts at humor..... they do a good job!
    Three of Seven: I have made many attempts at humour in these responses, did I do a good job, or were they feeble too Sad

KerryMalone: They were feeble. Hang your head in shame.

Jordan: Knock Knock...

Jonathan: Feeble?

I only joined ten minutes ago.
    Three of Seven: I think it's been a bit longer than that now!

KerryMalone: Welcome to the Community!

Three of Seven: I THINK WE HAVE BEEN HACKED! jklol

I just joined and have no experience in how things function here.
    Three of Seven: You will soon learn in time, you will adapt.

KerryMalone: #Assimilation

Website September Approval Rating: 100% (+1%)
    Website June Approval Rating: 99%

Can I upload higher quality .jpg images? Maybe even use .png? PLEASE JORDAN?!
    Jordan: Over my cold de

I may be biased but I love this site and check often.
    I have absolutely no problems with how things are run thus far, regardless of the field. You have provided me with all the information and assistance that I could possibly ask for. I am not yet experienced enough in the community to make a thorough assessment, however.
    Kudos to the blue guy behind the scenes.
    Jordan: Thanks! We're proud of the website and we're slowly working away to make it more mobile friendly, while retaining the majority of the functionality (e.g. You could sign Roll Call on the mobile theme for the very first time!)

The mobile theme works ok, but there's still a couple of out-of-date parts (e.g. the Invites section has the old SWTOR server still).
    I only joined thirteen minutes ago.