communications relay login

[Announcement] - SFA Community Survey Results - September 2018

Started By:
Petrarch, Sat 22 Sep, 2018 3:47 PM
Views:
Replies:
    • Commendation
      Commendation (150 Points)

Awarded during the UFP Award Ceremony to those who go above and beyond for the community

Unlocked Sat 24 Sep, 2022 9:24 PM

0.22% have received this achievement

• ...and On and On
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Reach five-thousand posts on the forums

Unlocked Tue 14 Jun, 2022 8:00 PM

0.08% have received this achievement

• Highly Decorated
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Receive every medal the UFP has to offer

Unlocked Sat 21 Dec, 2019 10:00 PM

0.18% have received this achievement

• Admiral Council
      Rare (50 Points)

Join the Federation Executive Office

Unlocked Sun 02 Dec, 2018 3:00 PM

0.06% have received this achievement

• Academy Dean
      Rare (50 Points)

Be Head of Starfleet Academy

Unlocked Fri 18 May, 2018 6:03 PM

0.08% have received this achievement

• Admiral
      Rare (50 Points)

Receive a promotion to the rank of Admiral

Unlocked Sat 28 Sep, 2019 9:08 PM

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Mack
    • Three of Seven
    • Silynn
    • Arlu3n
    • Ian_E
    Reply With QuoteQuote
     –  Last edited by Petrarch; Sat 22 Sep, 2018 3:54 PM.
    sfa banner 2017

Hello Everyone,

Here are the Community Survey Results for Starfleet Academy for September 2018. The Academy has seen some restructuring going on in the last quarter, so the team has seen a few changes and is now slightly smaller, alongside several members being on a Leave of Absence, but it remains a strong team committed to the tasks ahead. The RSO staff are continuing their excellent work for the new members, our Recruitment Operations continue to run smoothly and new members continue to join our fleets. Thank you to the Academy staff for your effort, hard work and commitment.

If you're interested in helping SFA with members, new and old alike, we are looking for a couple of RSOs here, so please feel free to drop in an application if you'd like to join the ranks of SFA.

Like other departments, those of us in SFA have noticed that it has been a relatively quiet few months on multiple fronts, but with new games and updates to existing ones on the way, plus Christmas now starting to creep into view over the horizon, we're confident that the UFP can continue to grow and develop. On that topic, we're looking at the member development experience and ways we can improve and build upon that, so in the months ahead we hope to have a few things to bring to the table. We've got the New Member Welcome Session coming up on October 6th and while there will unfortunately be no trivia night this month, we've got another event planned that will be opened towards the end of October, so keep your eyes peeled for that and it'll be open to all members of CL3 and above.

Thank you everyone for your comments. As always, the SFA doors are always open, so if you have any additional feedback, suggestions or complaints, feel free to drop myself or Saelanna a PM or by using the forum feedback form. See you at the UFPAC on September 29th!

Regards,

REAR ADMIRAL PETRARCH
    Starfleet Academy - Commanding Officer

SFA SURVEY RESULTS

JUNE 2018 APPROVAL: 99%
    SEPT 2018 APPROVAL: 99%(~)

DEPARTMENT REVIEW:
    NOT REQUIRED

SURVEY FEEDBACK

I am doing good gaming online.
    Petrarch: Whichever games you're finding yourself in, I'm glad you're enjoying yourself and that carries on in the months ahead!

saelanna: That’s good to hear. Smile

Persistent traffic here and attention is quick!
    Petrarch: We usually have an average minimum of 10 recruits active at any one time, often more. At the time of me writing this, we currently have 13 within their first 2 weeks of the Academy. We like to make it a point to ensure new members are contacted and welcomed in a quick and timely manner and it's thanks to our RSO staff that this happens.

saelanna: We always try to ensure that our new recruits are welcomed promptly; thanks to our awesome team of RSOs we make sure all our new members receive a great introduction to the UFP.

Outstanding group of people helping others
    Petrarch: Cheers! We have a strong staff roaming the Academy halls and I'm glad to see you're happy with them all!

saelanna: Awww thanks. Smile

I have absolutely no problems with how things are run thus far, regardless of the field. You have provided me with all the information and assistance that I could possibly ask for. I am not yet experienced enough in the community to make a thorough assessment, however.
    Petrarch: I'm extremely pleased to hear this, that you've had a good experience and I hope that continues the entire time you're here with the UFP. We always want to ensure everyone gets as much information as possible to help them settle in and to answer any questions or queries as thoroughly as possible. Doors are always open too, you're free to contact your RSO even after your cadet graduation and both saelanna & I always keep our doors open too.

saelanna: I’m really pleased to hear you’ve had a great introduction to the community and I echo Petrarch's comments above, my door is always open. Live Long and Prosper

Great to see the staff engage and reply to new member introductions.
    Petrarch: Thanks, it's all part of the Academy service, rolling out the welcome mat to make people feel at home and helping them enjoy their experience here. I quite enjoy saying hello in those threads to help break the ice a bit.

saelanna: Thank you, and it is great to see any member of the community welcoming new members to the forums. It's something I've enjoyed doing, even before I joined the Academy staff.

New members still seem to be coming in and the external advertisements seem to be visible and regularly bumped. New members are welcomed in their threads but usually by the same few people.
    Petrarch: Cheers - keeping the Recruitment threads alive and well is a key part of getting the word out and letting people know the UFP is here and welcoming. The comment about the welcome threads is one I've had mentioned to me before, both from within and outside SFA - While it's also key for the SFA staff to be visible and available, posting in welcome threads is left to the discretion of the individual RSO and other members.

saelanna: Thanks for your comments; while it is important for Academy staff to be visible, it’s not mandatory for them to post on all the application threads; as Petrarch mentions above, it's down to the discretion of the individual staff member.

Often a thankless job, these folks are often the "First Contact" for UFP to newly acquired cadets. Do not underestimate their value to this fleet!
    Petrarch: Much appreciated, cheers!

saelanna: Thank you. Smile

I only joined twelve minutes ago.
    Petrarch: Welcome aboard! We were all new at one point or another!

saelanna: Welcome! Live Long and Prosper

I just joined and have no experience in how things function here.
    Petrarch: Welcome aboard too - pull up a chair, grab a coffee (or Earl Grey) and relax, you'll soon get into the swing of things.

saelanna: And welcome to you too! Hopefully you’ll soon get to know your way around.
    Petrarch
    Petrarch Medals
  1. Quartermaster

• Commendation
      Commendation (150 Points)

Awarded during the UFP Award Ceremony to those who go above and beyond for the community

Unlocked Sat 22 Dec, 2018 10:28 PM

• Highly Decorated
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Receive every medal the UFP has to offer

Unlocked Fri 03 Jul, 2020 6:26 PM

0.18% have received this achievement

• Pillar of the Community
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Be a registered user for 10 years

Unlocked Thu 27 Apr, 2023 1:06 AM

34.20% have received this achievement