• None
    • Users who liked
    • Arlu3n
    • JCarrill0
    Reply With QuoteQuote
    SFT 240
    DUM VITA EST SPES EST
    WHILE THERE'S LIFE, THERE'S HOPE

I haven't been able to run a game in a while, and there are a lot of factors that go into that (poor attendance, my work schedule and RL issues), but recently something in the TableTop gaming community came to light that put a stop to any chance to continue, at least for the time being.

I learned recently through the TableTop community that Nolan T Jones, owner/operator of Roll20, the virtual TableTop system that I use to host my STA games when in discussion with several prominent V-TableTop Youtubers about sponsoring a LiveStream series that would advertise his platform, refused to do business with them because they were "Five White Men", and then proceeded to tout that he just entered into partnership with an African-American woman Twitch Streamer, and he didn't need the extra publicity from partnering with the Youtubers, and how progressive he was being, etc etc, ad-nauseam.

Obviously, that is an incredibly Racist and Sexist thing to do. Refusing to do business, and given the circumstances, refusing a good business opportunity, based on Ethnicity and Sex is by definition Racist and Sexist.

If you're interested in learning more, you can watch these videos here, I've been subscribed to these individuals for a few years, they are trustworthy and reliable.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZJHAywQFm0 - Talking20
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VK-H0dDeG38 - DawnforgedCast

I cannot in good conscience continue to give support and patronage to Roll20 if this is how they are going to do business, and I've decided to stop using their service.

Obviously, this puts me in a bind as to how to continue providing you guys with games for STA, and I'm in the process of investigating other avenues to do so.

One option is FantasyGrounds, but that system doesn't support STA officially as Roll20 does.

So for the time being, Star Trek Adventures is on hold indefinitely until I have found another way to host the games that does not support companies that I find morally questionable.

Lieutenant Commander - Aceman67
    Starfleet Tactical Opertions Officer
    Aceman67
    Aceman67 Medals
    | Nemo Me Impune Lacessit ~ No One Shall Touch Me With Impunity | My Art | My Fiction |