ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • JCarrill0
    • Silynn
    • Mack
    Reply With QuoteQuote
     –  Last edited by rsciw; Fri 28 Dec, 2018 1:35 PM.
    Greetings,

Following my acceptance earlier, I believe it's time to introduce myself to the wider audience. I wrote a fairly large text in the application, so I'll copypasta that over here, and also add some additional information throughout.

I play STO since Open Beta, became LTS short after launch and been playing since. I have taken breaks of the game if I get too burnt out or if something else shiny comes along however, so it's not a full eight years daily/weekly gaming STO. I am avid gamer in general, out of 37 years on this planet I play computer games for around 31 years now, I play many different types of games incl. MMOs of IPs that interest me (Star Wars Galaxies, Neocron 2, Elder Scrolls Online, Fallout 76, and probably something else), FPS games (Both single and Multiplayer, fan of the Tom Clancy stuff), Story based games (from old LucasArts adventures to games like Life is Strange), RTS (Dune 2 was my first of many, none recently though that caught my interest), big fan of RPGs in various forms (Ultima Underworld was the first that I remember, Mass Effect is one of my absolute favourites), and whole bunch of others. I am looking forward to Star Citizen since its announcememt as well as Cyberpunk 2077 equally since its announcement, can't wait!

In regards to STO specifically:

I have 14 characters:

Three are 24th Century Federation
    Six are Romulan Republic, one FEDROM Eng, one KDFROM Eng, one FEDROM Tac, one KDFROM Tac, two FEDROM Sci
    Two are KDF
    One Jem'Hadar Gamma Recruit (Fed aligned)
    One 23rd Century Temporal Agent Federation
    One DSC Federation
    (in total, ten Federation aligned, four KDF aligned)

By profession:

Five are Engineers
    Five are Tactical
    Four are Science

My main character at the launch of the game was a Liberated Borg Human Engineer. Other characters existed too, but she was top. Once I got the T5 JHDC, I noticed that it can have a high hull, so started building around that. When LoR was released and I finally could play a Romulan, my very first created Romulan was, of course, an engineer, which was planned from the beginning to supersede the previous main and become the new one. Included with that was the idea in my head of "How high can I get the hull?", and worked on that with what I was able to procure. She now flies one of my most favourite in game ships (not to be confused with most favourite Star Trek ship), which is the T6 JHDC (non-vanguard), and has stupidly high hull of 175,540 (200k+ with threatening stance stacks) and 32,098 shields. I realise I can get even higher with other ships, such as the Valkis and the Sarcophagus (on another character), but at some point I figured I would like a better balance between high hull mod and acceptable shield mod, as well as good boff seating for my purposes. I can tank like a madman now through that Smile

A thing I like to do from time to time is RP, across the MMOs I play depending on availability and people. My heaviest MMO RP experience so far was good ol' Star Wars Galaxies. The guild was militarily structured, and anything and everything based around that, incl communications, operations, how things are run, most was always In-Character. Probably a heavy influence due to the guild founders / leaders themselves being fairly high-ranking officers in various US armed services Smile And hey, it was Imperial side, so had to be done anyway Wink If anyone ever has played SWG too, we were "ISOC - Imperial Special Operations Command" on Wanderhome, then Starsiders post server merge.

Romulans are my favourites. Fell in love with them the very first time I saw a D'Deridex decloaking in TNG's The Neutral Zone in the 1990s. Star trek in general is one of my most favourite universes, however as one that would be called a geek / nerd etc., I of course also like others, including Star Wars, Dune, Galactica (I've seen both), Ghost in the Shell, and more. I reckon it all started out as a young kid, toddler even, glued to the TV watching some weird space ship flying around and some dudes doing interesting stuff (which turned out to be the 1930s Flash Gordon in a TV rerun in the 80s.).

Now, outside of this, I work in IT, Linux/DevOps engineering, originally from Germany but live in the UK so would be around UK/EU time usually, though that can change for when I'm not working, I'm around more often during any time. It also depends on weather etc, as next to all the computery stuff, I may also go out into the sun once in a while, to enjoy the roads on my motorbikes, but also play some outdoor games, e.g. airsoft (I wonder sometimes if a full 22nd century MACO outfit may be doable).

Oh, edited to add:

Where you are from - Originally Germany, now SE England
    What time zone you are in - GMT/UTC
    How old you are - 37
    How you first got interested in Star Trek - Watching TNG on German telly
    Your favourite Star Trek book - I like the Relaunch line of the post DS9 tv show books. One that sticks out is "A stitch in time", so much Garak goodness. Am still reading the relaunch series, not done with it yet, but the books are quite good. One of my first I ever read was either Imzadi, or one by William Shater (can't think of the name right now), involving Borg and Romulans.
    Your favourite Star Trek character - Difficult to say, for each have their own ups and downs, their own specifics, lives really. Worf was always a favourite, as was Miles O'Brien, but so were of course Jean-Luc Picard and Benjamin Sisko
    Your favourite Star Trek episode - Probably nigh impossible for me to choose Big Grin
    Your favourite Star Trek movie - Nemesis. Pure Romulan love.
    Your favourite Star Trek quote - Many, from the "I'm not a <xyz>, I'm a doctor" to "Shut up Wesley", to "Computer, Tea, Earl Grey, Hot!", to "Fine little ship" "Little?", etc...
    Your favourite Star Trek series - DS9. I like all though.
    Your favourite Star Trek video game - STO
    Which Star Trek video games you own - I own STO and Ubisoft's Bridge Crew, and enjoy both. I've owned A Final Unity, Birth of the Federation, Star Trek 25th Anniversary, DS9 Harbinger, Klingon Honour Guard, Star Trek: Borg, and possibly others that I can't think of right now.

Pre-empting the question of my favourite ship:

In game:
    - T6 JHDC for its awesomeness, Romulan Command cruisers for their aesthetics

TV shows:
    - Federation: Nebula class
    - Klingons: Vor'cha Battle cruiser
    - Romulans: D'Deridex

Movies:
    - Federation: Sovereign class (ST8 onwards)
    - Klingons: K'T'inga class (ST6)
    - Romulans: Mogai (ST9)

Yeah, that about is me Smile Looking forward to playing with you folks, see you here and in game!
  1. Global Moderator

• Highly Decorated
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Receive every medal the UFP has to offer

Unlocked Sat 14 Oct, 2023 3:00 PM

0.18% have received this achievement

• Dedicated
      Rare (50 Points)

Volunteer for 1+ year

Unlocked Fri 03 Apr, 2020 6:00 PM

0.54% have received this achievement

• The Fool
      Rare (50 Points)

Got pranked on April 1st

Unlocked Fri 01 Apr, 2022 12:10 PM

0.32% have received this achievement

• Vice Admiral
      Rare (50 Points)

Receive a promotion to the rank of Vice Admiral

Unlocked Sat 14 Oct, 2023 2:59 PM

0.27% have received this achievement

• To Boldly Go On and On
      Rare (50 Points)

Reach one-thousand posts on the forums

Unlocked Fri 11 Dec, 2020 7:00 PM

0.71% have received this achievement

• The Mad House
      Common (10 Points)

Be a member of the Holodeck

Unlocked Tue 05 Jun, 2018 10:00 PM

13.01% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • rsciw
    • Scarlett
    Reply With QuoteQuote
    Wall of Text crits Heyallo for eleventybillion damage...

Heyallo has Passed out like a man...

Welcome buddy!
    Heyallo
    Heyallo Medals
    "What good is a rule if you're not willing to die for it...? Or break it."
    Capt. Christopher Pike
    • Gold Contributor
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Subscribe to a monthly Gold Subscription

Unlocked Tue 13 Feb, 2018 1:03 AM

0.35% have received this achievement

• Pillar of the Community
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Be a registered user for 10 years

Unlocked Sat 22 Feb, 2020 10:04 AM

34.20% have received this achievement

• Dedicated
      Rare (50 Points)

Volunteer for 1+ year

Unlocked Fri 05 Oct, 2018 12:13 AM

• Ol' Chap
      Rare (50 Points)

Be Head of Starfleet Tactical

Unlocked Tue 03 Jul, 2018 8:20 PM

0.03% have received this achievement

• To Boldly Go On and On
      Rare (50 Points)

Grandfathered

• A Heartfelt Thank You
      Rare (50 Points)

Donate over £100 to the UFP

Unlocked Sat 23 Nov, 2019 1:27 PM

0.37% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    Donated
    £100+
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • rsciw
    Reply With QuoteQuote
    Greetings,

Following my acceptance earlier, I believe it's time to introduce myself to the wider audience. I wrote a fairly large text in the application, so I'll copypasta that over here, and also add some additional information throughout.

I play STO since Open Beta, became LTS short after launch and been playing since. I have taken breaks of the game if I get too burnt out or if something else shiny comes along however, so it's not a full eight years daily/weekly gaming STO. I am avid gamer in general, out of 37 years on this planet I play computer games for around 31 years now, I play many different types of games incl. MMOs of IPs that interest me (Star Wars Galaxies, Neocron 2, Elder Scrolls Online, Fallout 76, and probably something else), FPS games (Both single and Multiplayer, fan of the Tom Clancy stuff), Story based games (from old LucasArts adventures to games like Life is Strange), RTS (Dune 2 was my first of many, none recently though that caught my interest), big fan of RPGs in various forms (Ultima Underworld was the first that I remember, Mass Effect is one of my absolute favourites), and whole bunch of others. I am looking forward to Star Citizen since its announcememt as well as Cyberpunk 2077 equally since its announcement, can't wait!

In regards to STO specifically:

I have 14 characters:

Three are 24th Century Federation
    Six are Romulan Republic, one FEDROM Eng, one KDFROM Eng, one FEDROM Tac, one KDFROM Tac, two FEDROM Sci
    Two are KDF
    One Jem'Hadar Gamma Recruit (Fed aligned)
    One 23rd Century Temporal Agent Federation
    One DSC Federation
    (in total, ten Federation aligned, four KDF aligned)

By profession:

Five are Engineers
    Five are Tactical
    Four are Science

My main character at the launch of the game was a Liberated Borg Human Engineer. Other characters existed too, but she was top. Once I got the T5 JHDC, I noticed that it can have a high hull, so started building around that. When LoR was released and I finally could play a Romulan, my very first created Romulan was, of course, an engineer, which was planned from the beginning to supersede the previous main and become the new one. Included with that was the idea in my head of "How high can I get the hull?", and worked on that with what I was able to procure. She now flies one of my most favourite in game ships (not to be confused with most favourite Star Trek ship), which is the T6 JHDC (non-vanguard), and has stupidly high hull of 175,540 (200k+ with threatening stance stacks) and 32,098 shields. I realise I can get even higher with other ships, such as the Valkis and the Sarcophagus (on another character), but at some point I figured I would like a better balance between high hull mod and acceptable shield mod, as well as good boff seating for my purposes. I can tank like a madman now through that Smile

A thing I like to do from time to time is RP, across the MMOs I play depending on availability and people. My heaviest MMO RP experience so far was good ol' Star Wars Galaxies. The guild was militarily structured, and anything and everything based around that, incl communications, operations, how things are run, most was always In-Character. Probably a heavy influence due to the guild founders / leaders themselves being fairly high-ranking officers in various US armed services Smile And hey, it was Imperial side, so had to be done anyway Wink If anyone ever has played SWG too, we were "ISOC - Imperial Special Operations Command" on Wanderhome, then Starsiders post server merge.

Romulans are my favourites. Fell in love with them the very first time I saw a D'Deridex decloaking in TNG's The Neutral Zone in the 1990s. Star trek in general is one of my most favourite universes, however as one that would be called a geek / nerd etc., I of course also like others, including Star Wars, Dune, Galactica (I've seen both), Ghost in the Shell, and more. I reckon it all started out as a young kid, toddler even, glued to the TV watching some weird space ship flying around and some dudes doing interesting stuff (which turned out to be the 1930s Flash Gordon in a TV rerun in the 80s.).

Now, outside of this, I work in IT, Linux/DevOps engineering, originally from Germany but live in the UK so would be around UK/EU time usually, though that can change for when I'm not working, I'm around more often during any time. It also depends on weather etc, as next to all the computery stuff, I may also go out into the sun once in a while, to enjoy the roads on my motorbikes, but also play some outdoor games, e.g. airsoft (I wonder sometimes if a full 22nd century MACO outfit may be doable).

Oh, edited to add:

Where you are from - Originally Germany, now SE England
    What time zone you are in - GMT/UTC
    How old you are - 37
    How you first got interested in Star Trek - Watching TNG on German telly
    Your favourite Star Trek book - I like the Relaunch line of the post DS9 tv show books. One that sticks out is "A stitch in time", so much Garak goodness. Am still reading the relaunch series, not done with it yet, but the books are quite good. One of my first I ever read was either Imzadi, or one by William Shater (can't think of the name right now), involving Borg and Romulans.
    Your favourite Star Trek character - Difficult to say, for each have their own ups and downs, their own specifics, lives really. Worf was always a favourite, as was Miles O'Brien, but so were of course Jean-Luc Picard and Benjamin Sisko
    Your favourite Star Trek episode - Probably nigh impossible for me to choose Big Grin
    Your favourite Star Trek movie - Nemesis. Pure Romulan love.
    Your favourite Star Trek quote - Many, from the "I'm not a <xyz>, I'm a doctor" to "Shut up Wesley", to "Computer, Tea, Earl Grey, Hot!", to "Fine little ship" "Little?", etc...
    Your favourite Star Trek series - DS9. I like all though.
    Your favourite Star Trek video game - STO
    Which Star Trek video games you own - I own STO and Ubisoft's Bridge Crew, and enjoy both. I've owned A Final Unity, Birth of the Federation, Star Trek 25th Anniversary, DS9 Harbinger, Klingon Honour Guard, Star Trek: Borg, and possibly others that I can't think of right now.

Pre-empting the question of my favourite ship:

In game:
    - T6 JHDC for its awesomeness, Romulan Command cruisers for their aesthetics

TV shows:
    - Federation: Nebula class
    - Klingons: Vor'cha Battle cruiser
    - Romulans: D'Deridex

Movies:
    - Federation: Sovereign class (ST8 onwards)
    - Klingons: K'T'inga class (ST6)
    - Romulans: Mogai (ST9)

Yeah, that about is me Smile Looking forward to playing with you folks, see you here and in game!

Greetings and Welcome to the UFP Community!
    What is your opinion on the Scimitar Warbird since you love Romulans?
    I also would like your input on some airsoft, My son is turning 12 this year and would like to perhaps get him involved in that or possibly paintball for his birthday this year.

- JC
    JCarrill0
    JCarrill0 Medals
    • Paragon of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Sign three roll calls in a row

Unlocked Thu 12 Sep, 2019 10:06 PM

9.77% have received this achievement

• Eternal Servitude!
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Be a registered user for five years

Unlocked Thu 28 Dec, 2023 6:03 PM

74.95% have received this achievement

• Starfleet's Finest
      Common (10 Points)

Be a member of Starfleet Operations

Unlocked Fri 28 Dec, 2018 1:04 PM

28.11% have received this achievement

• tlhIngan SuvwI'
      Common (10 Points)

Be a member of the House of Kular

13.08% have received this achievement

• The Mad House
      Common (10 Points)

• Engage
      Common (10 Points)

Join the United Federation of Planets

32.71% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • JCarrill0
    Reply With QuoteQuote
     –  Last edited by rsciw; Wed 02 Jan, 2019 12:01 PM.
    Greetings and Welcome to the UFP Community!
    What is your opinion on the Scimitar Warbird since you love Romulans?
    I also would like your input on some airsoft, My son is turning 12 this year and would like to perhaps get him involved in that or possibly paintball for his birthday this year.

- JC
    Ahoy and thank you.

The Scimitar, first time seen on the big screen, was of course a "Woaaah" moment. Though from the movie I preferred the Mogai, which is more of a Romulan design.

Nowadays in the game I question the design of it a bit, as especially the newer ones without the Thalaron blast, those wings are mainly just functionally pointless in a way, other than perhaps looking intimidating (and they do look cool). The wings themselves I sometimes ponder too why they have designed it like that. The Romulans walk under the raptor's wings, so it makes sense they have a fascination with bird like wings. Canonically there's not much known about Reman origins I believe, so why do their ships have bird like wings and are named warbird? Still a neat ship though, my KDFRom tac flies one at the moment Smile

Regarding airsoft, the laws will obviously be different in USA than they are in the UK. The one thing I know about is that the muzzle / flash hider has to be orange at the point of sale, but can be replaced later on. Regarding legal velocity limits, that is something a US resident can probably tell you more about, or best even to pop into a local store if one is available Smile

The sport / game itself can be quite fun, for young and less young Wink In fact I'd suggest when your son goes for a few games, to participate as well with your son, you might like it too. In the UK anyone under a certain age needs to be accompanied by an adult anyway, a 12 year old kid would definitely have to have an adult with them playing, so chances are the US may have similar requiremnts.

Both airsoft and paintball can be used as either purely a fun game, run around and splat paint or plastic BBs at each other for a good day, and be done with. But it can also be used for team building, get to know others in your team and form groups, tactics based on the environment, etc. And often many (though not all) who play this, also play FPS games, and use it to imagine playing their FPS games in an RL game scenario Smile Also to the point were players model their outfit and equipment on game characters. I tend to call airsoft "Interactive Cosplay" for a reason Big Grin In a way it can also be used to teach proper weapon handling, though I'd imagine in the US less so as gun ranges and presumably gun safety courses etc. are more available where this can be taught, compared to other countries which are a quite restritctive on gun rules Neutral

The downside of course is, like many involved hobbies, it can get expensive. More guns, more equipment, different setup for different environments (not everyone does that though), consumables, etc. etc.

Also to add, what many do as well and might be of interest to your sun or yourself, or both even, is recording the games with action cams (go pros and the like), edit them to something neat and slap it on YouTube. While there are an abundance of that, there's always space for something good out there on YT.

Paintball I can't say much about it, tried it couple times, do prefer airsoft as it is bit more realism in terms of the guns than paintball. However in the grand scheme of things, realism only goes so far as at the end of the day you fling 6mm plastic balls or paintballs around Smile
    • Commendation
      Commendation (150 Points)

Awarded during the UFP Award Ceremony to those who go above and beyond for the community

Unlocked Sat 23 Mar, 2019 11:47 PM

0.22% have received this achievement

Very Rare (100 Points)

Unlocked Thu 18 Feb, 2021 9:02 AM

• ...and On and On
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Reach five-thousand posts on the forums

Grandfathered

0.08% have received this achievement

• Highly Decorated
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Unlocked Sat 25 Mar, 2017 10:41 PM

• Dedicated
      Rare (50 Points)

Volunteer for 1+ year

Unlocked Fri 05 Oct, 2018 12:14 AM

• The Fool
      Rare (50 Points)

Got pranked on April 1st

Unlocked Thu 01 Apr, 2021 2:22 PM

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • rsciw
    Reply With QuoteQuote
    Welcome to the community! A truly informative and wonderful introduction.

How did you come about your handle? And is there a nickname people usually refer to you as... or are you just RSCIW? Smile
    Silynn
    Silynn Medals
    • Paragon of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

• Eternal Servitude!
      Uncommon (25 Points)

• Starfleet's Finest
      Common (10 Points)

• tlhIngan SuvwI'
      Common (10 Points)

• The Mad House
      Common (10 Points)

• Engage
      Common (10 Points)

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Arlu3n
    • Silynn
    Reply With QuoteQuote
    Welcome to the community! A truly informative and wonderful introduction.

How did you come about your handle? And is there a nickname people usually refer to you as... or are you just RSCIW? Smile
    Thank you. The nickname, that is going to be a small walk down memory lane Smile

Many many moons ago I used to do Japanese martial arts (way before I switched and focused on Chinese martial arts). The RS therefore stood in the old days for the Japanese "Red Sun" as per its flag. I also used to be even as teenager interested in futuristic cyber punk stuff, and IT in general, and at one point just took on the phrase "Cyber Information Warfare", which is the CIW part. These two combined in itself make normally no sense, though in a way stuff like Ghost in the Shell is Japanese, and they perform / combat cyber information warfare Big Grin . All in all though I kept it as forum name and game handle across various places as it is usually unique and not taken and therefore became habbit. Only in some instances I have another name, either with a reason behind it, but sometimes not, e.g. my Reddit handle is RC1207, which stands for Republic Commando 1207, also known as Sev, of the Star Wars Republic Commando game and book series, though I can't think of why I chose that for the reddit handle.

People can refer to me as that, or my main character name per game, e.g. in Elder Scrolls Online my handle equally is @rsciw though most call me after my most known character, Araleen. In STO's case it would be Ri'el. Incidentally her ship is named R.R.W. Araleen Big Grin
  2. Quartermaster

• Commendation
      Commendation (150 Points)

Awarded during the UFP Award Ceremony to those who go above and beyond for the community

Unlocked Sat 22 Dec, 2018 10:28 PM

Very Rare (100 Points)

Unlocked Thu 27 Apr, 2023 1:06 AM

• Highly Decorated
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Unlocked Fri 03 Jul, 2020 6:26 PM

• At the Helm
      Rare (50 Points)

Be Head of Starfleet Operations

Unlocked Sun 14 Jan, 2018 6:00 PM

0.07% have received this achievement

• Dedicated
      Rare (50 Points)

Volunteer for 1+ year

Unlocked Fri 05 Oct, 2018 12:12 AM

• The Fool
      Rare (50 Points)

Got pranked on April 1st

Unlocked Thu 01 Apr, 2021 11:35 AM

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • rsciw
    Reply With QuoteQuote
    Welcome to the UFPlanets Community!

Truly a great introduction - thank you for sharing in such detail!

While in UFP we do not have an in-game roleplay division, we have a forum based on for Star Trek. The Ares Roleplay division always looks for interested Simulation Officers!

You can check them out HERE if this peaks your interests!
    Mack Medals
    • Correspondent
      Rare (50 Points)

Submit a Federation News Service article

Unlocked Thu 17 Jan, 2019 6:01 PM

0.44% have received this achievement

• The Fool
      Rare (50 Points)

Got pranked on April 1st

Unlocked Fri 01 Apr, 2022 6:26 PM

• Dedicated
      Rare (50 Points)

Volunteer for 1+ year

Unlocked Sun 15 Dec, 2019 4:49 PM

• To Boldly Go On and On
      Rare (50 Points)

Unlocked Wed 06 Mar, 2019 10:04 PM

• Stepping Forward
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Going from Clearance Level 3 to Clearance Level 4

Unlocked Sat 29 Sep, 2018 1:28 PM

1.91% have received this achievement

• FAB-ulous
      Common (10 Points)

Be a member of the Federation Administrative Bureau

Unlocked Sun 02 Dec, 2018 6:03 PM

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • rsciw
    Reply With QuoteQuote
    giphy

Truly an amazing introduction. Welcome Live Long and Prosper
    Arlu3n
    Arlu3n Medals
    • Paragon of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

• Eternal Servitude!
      Uncommon (25 Points)

• Starfleet's Finest
      Common (10 Points)

• tlhIngan SuvwI'
      Common (10 Points)

• The Mad House
      Common (10 Points)

• Engage
      Common (10 Points)

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • None
    Reply With QuoteQuote
    Welcome to the UFPlanets Community!

Truly a great introduction - thank you for sharing in such detail!

While in UFP we do not have an in-game roleplay division, we have a forum based on for Star Trek. The Ares Roleplay division always looks for interested Simulation Officers!

You can check them out HERE if this peaks your interests!
    Will definitely have a look, thank you Smile
  3. Deleted

Account Deleted

• Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • rsciw
    Reply With QuoteQuote
    Jolan'Tru
  4. Gold Contributor

Very Rare (100 Points)

Unlocked Mon 15 Feb, 2021 8:00 AM

• Commodore
      Rare (50 Points)

Receive a promotion to the rank of Commodore

Unlocked Sat 28 Sep, 2019 9:14 PM

0.48% have received this achievement

• Stepping Forward
      Uncommon (25 Points)

• Well Respected
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Reach reputation tier 6

Unlocked Wed 16 Sep, 2015 8:03 PM

0.70% have received this achievement

• Aspiring Author
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Participate in a Short Story Competition

Unlocked Thu 12 May, 2016 8:04 PM

0.12% have received this achievement

• Spirit of Generosity
      Common (10 Points)

Donate between £25 or more to the UFP

Unlocked Sat 23 Nov, 2019 1:27 PM

0.91% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • rsciw
    Reply With QuoteQuote
    Welcome aboard. Since you grew up in Germany and now live in England, which food do you prefer? German or English (or any other ethnic cuisine)?
    Stormy
    Stormy Medals
    What I really need is a cupholder and a couple of Advil.-Quincy Taggart
    • Paragon of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

• Eternal Servitude!
      Uncommon (25 Points)

• Starfleet's Finest
      Common (10 Points)

• tlhIngan SuvwI'
      Common (10 Points)

• The Mad House
      Common (10 Points)

• Engage
      Common (10 Points)

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Silynn
    • Arlu3n
    Reply With QuoteQuote
    Welcome aboard. Since you grew up in Germany and now live in England, which food do you prefer? German or English (or any other ethnic cuisine)?
    Various actually Smile

I was born and raised in Germany (lived there till the age of 23), so of course had good exposure to German food. My mum however is originally from South Africa, her great grand parents or so were from India, so I grew up with a mixture of South African Indian food, German food, and various world foods (usual Italian style pizza, spagbol, Chinese dishes, etc...).

Living here for 14 years next month I of course tried various English dishes too, and there are some I like. However no matter where from, I do not eat sea food, it's just not my thing.

So for the sake of making / cooking myself, I actually prefer easy to do Italian type stuff, Bolognese sauce is fairly easy to do and goes with various filled and unfilled pasta, pizza in the oven and job done.

When I have family visit, I prefer me mum's South African Indian food.

Going back to martial arts years I developed an interest in other things surrounding the originating cultures of the martial arts, and while I generally liked Chinese food anyway, it just deepened it, and was quite happy getting more of the "original" in mainland China compared to the western adjusted Chinese cuisines.

While in London I like to visit the Bavarian Beerhouse for good German food when possible, whereas English food I tend to get at pub visits.

Next on my try out list is a Viking food place in Iceland, though will be skipping the sea food Wink

Incidentally I had to ask myself that question just this week, in the form of "what would I rather present", as I'm having a special someone over for a dinner date with me cooking this weekend. Ended up being South African Indian. Though the possibility for something German on the 2nd day is also prepared for Smile

However, what is fairly easy to decide on, is beer. German beer is the best, and I'll defend that to my death Big Grin
    • Correspondent
      Rare (50 Points)

Submit a Federation News Service article

Unlocked Thu 17 Jan, 2019 6:01 PM

0.44% have received this achievement

• The Fool
      Rare (50 Points)

Got pranked on April 1st

Unlocked Fri 01 Apr, 2022 6:26 PM

• Dedicated
      Rare (50 Points)

Volunteer for 1+ year

Unlocked Sun 15 Dec, 2019 4:49 PM

• To Boldly Go On and On
      Rare (50 Points)

Unlocked Wed 06 Mar, 2019 10:04 PM

• Stepping Forward
      Uncommon (25 Points)

• FAB-ulous
      Common (10 Points)

Be a member of the Federation Administrative Bureau

Unlocked Sun 02 Dec, 2018 6:03 PM

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • rsciw
    Reply With QuoteQuote
    However, what is fairly easy to decide on, is beer. German beer is the best, and I'll defend that to my death Big Grin
    giphy
    Arlu3n
    Arlu3n Medals
    • Paragon of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

• Eternal Servitude!
      Uncommon (25 Points)

• Starfleet's Finest
      Common (10 Points)

• tlhIngan SuvwI'
      Common (10 Points)

• The Mad House
      Common (10 Points)

• Engage
      Common (10 Points)

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Arlu3n
    Reply With QuoteQuote
    Exactly Big Grin

Though I'm from the Niederrhein area, so my preferred beer is Alt bier, but Weizen is also very good Smile
  5. Quartermaster

• Bringing Home the Hardware
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Win a Khitomer Games

Unlocked Tue 10 Jan, 2017 5:04 PM

0.05% have received this achievement

• Dedicated
      Rare (50 Points)

Volunteer for 1+ year

Unlocked Fri 05 Oct, 2018 12:14 AM

• Academy Dean
      Rare (50 Points)

Be Head of Starfleet Academy

Unlocked Thu 10 Aug, 2017 2:01 PM

0.08% have received this achievement

• Admiral
      Rare (50 Points)

Receive a promotion to the rank of Admiral

Unlocked Sat 27 Jun, 2020 9:06 PM

• To Boldly Go On and On
      Rare (50 Points)

Unlocked Thu 08 Mar, 2018 9:00 PM

• Live Long and Prosper
      Common (10 Points)

Be a registered user for one year

Unlocked Sun 05 Nov, 2017 11:01 PM

96.42% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    Pronouns
    He/Him
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Arlu3n
    • rsciw
    Reply With QuoteQuote
    Exactly Big Grin

Though I'm from the Niederrhein area, so my preferred beer is Alt bier, but Weizen is also very good Smile
    Got to agree with you both as I am from Frankonia, region with the highest density of breweries in Europe. Big Grin
    TTan
    TTan Medals
    LOGIC IS THE BEGINNING OF WISDOM, NOT THE END. - SPOCK