• Mack
    HOLO SURVEY RESULTS

DEC APPROVAL: 99% (0%)
    SEP APPROVAL: 99%

DEC EVENT APPROVAL: 98% (+1%)
    SEP EVENT APPROVAL: 97%

DIVISION REVIEW:
    NOT REQUIRED

We can't all play Star Trek games, so seeing traffic here is also welcome.
    Noram: Glad to here it! There's nothing wrong with Star Trek games of course, but having a balanced 'diet' is important Wink

Bedders: Agreed! We're aware not everyone wants to play Star Trek games all of the time, so we like to cater for every taste. Except I don't host sports games, because that's too much like physical excercise for my tastes. (And no one has yet asked for them!)

I really like how unique games have specific staff running events for them
    Noram: Agreed! One of the great things about Holodeck is that we can be a very generalized division, but allow for specialization from our officers! And even when a game dies down or those officers get bored, there's always something new to move on to.

Bedders: That's an interesting point - it's true that each game tends to have one staff member who hosts events for it, but it's certainly not something we're doing consciously. I'd say it's more of the case that once one person hosts a game, they tend to be the 'fulcrum' that the event hinges on - e.g. they have the save game, or the required DLC etc.
    It's also rare that the same game will need to be hosted in different time zones. Since the attendees to events are primarily European members we host events in EU evenings. The times we've had events hosted in US evenings we usually get no members turning up.

Overall, ok. Has potential, but field is quite large which dilutes the community some, as members are scattered all over. Need a title that is setup like STO, one server community vs. separated by geo-location.
    Noram: I agree, to an extent. Having a single unifying game that everyone plays can be a great way of getting fun events going and getting to know your fellow members. And we've had that in the past, to a point. For a while it was Minecraft, then SWTOR, then EVE. Ultimately, however, Holodeck exists to service whatever people are playing now. When the players' attention moves on, we've got to move on with them. It's my hope that we'll see another game that everyone is playing and wants to play together, but it isn't here yet.

Bedders: It's a comment we've had before, that we don't focus on one game. Historically we've gone for new releases but at the moment nothing has grabbed members' attention, apart from Subnautica because it was free and is amazing.
    But that's what makes Holodeck such a vital part of the UFP; The fact that we support just about any game that an interest is shown in, and our staff are happy to accept newly suggested games, either via PM, conversation in Teamspeak/Discord, or by posting in this thread.

Merry Christmas!
    Noram: Happy New Year!

Bedders: Merry Christmas to you too!

Good variety of events, but I wish there were more of them. I guess that's limited by staff availability.
    Noram: As you've said, our selection of events is limited by the number of people we have running them. The best way to increase the number of events is always to join in! Become part of the solution!

Bedders: Thanks for your feedback! If you want to help we have open Event Officer positions, more details are available this thread.

Same as above
    Noram: Unfortunately, we aren't able to see an individual's entire survey response, so we can't really give a meaningful response to feedback like this. Thank you nonetheless.

Bedders: Thanks for your kind feedback!

SECRET TUNNEL
    Noram: THROUGH THE MOUNTAINS

Bedders: SECRET ENTRANCE

One day here
    Bedders: Then welcome! Feel free to pop on Teamspeak or Discord, or to attend one of our events, to get to know us better!

EVE Online seems to be abandoned by the UFP Community and the corp seems to be dead.
    Bedders: We've recently had Brask step up to the mark with processing invites back into the corp. Following the recent changes to war declarations, we may see an upsurge in participation!

Noram
    "There's a point where we needed to stop and we have clearly passed it. But let's keep going and see what happens..."