• Sul-Matuul
    • Miles
    • Silynn
    Reply With QuoteQuote
    SFA 240

EX ASTRIS, SCIENTIA
    FROM THE STARS, KNOWLEDGE

Greetings UFP,

Below are the Community Survey Results for Starfleet Academy for September 2019. Things have been going well over the past few months, we finally have a new Executive Officer, Michael which has allowed us to start back up the Tour the Holdings Event and the Academy Newsletter. As always the Academy RSO staff continue to do an excellent job at welcoming new and returning members.

Also, I want to ensure that everyone knows about the upcoming Tour the Holding Event on 18 October being led by the Academy XO Michael. Please signup on the Event page HERE.

As always, I want to thank everyone for providing your feedback. The SFA doors are always open, so if you have any additional feedback, suggestions or complaints, feel free to drop myself or Michael a PM or by using the forum feedback form.

Special thanks to the SFA team for all your hard work and effort throughout the last quarter!

SFA SURVEY RESULTS

SEPTEMBER 2019 APPROVAL: 99%(-1%)
    JUNE 2019 APPROVAL: 100%

DEPARTMENT REVIEW:
    NOT REQUIRED

Strongly Approve: 25%
    Approve: 21%
    Neutral: 53%
    Disapprove: 0%
    Strongly Disapprove: 1%

Some oddities, like recruitment bumping threads in places where recruitment should no longer happen, like for the WoW raiding team on Retail WoW. Otherwise, going strong.
    Enlistednut09 - Thank you for letting us know, a message has been sent out to our Recruit Support Officers about not needing to post for World of Warcraft recruitment at this time, however I will send a follow-up reminder.

Michael - As Enlistednut stated, this will be addressed, thank you for informing us!

Yup.
    Enlistednut09 - I wholeheartedly approve this message!

Michael - Oh...uummm...thank you!

Excellent
    Enlistednut09 - Thank you, also Tubular!

Michael - Sweetness!

Constant apps is a good thing!
    Enlistednut09 - I completely agree, we are very happy that the UFP is a place where people feel welcome and where they want to be, we try to do everything we can to help them in the beginning of their UFP journey.

Michael - Indeed it is, new members help us grow as a community with an influx of new ideas and new excitement going into our gaming divisions.

I feel as though there is a lot of favoritism that took place during the last XO selection. The XO that was chosen was just recently added to the Academy as an RSO.
    Petrarch - There are a number of factors that go into deciding who gets an XO position - alongside any other role - and favouritism isn't one of them. Appointment of department XO's is also not entirely in the hands of the CO and needs FEO approval. This means candidates require the approval of several different individuals before they're offered a post.

As the Head of Community Development, I have a fairly broad role and if someone felt that favouritism was going on in the UFP, I'd be wanting to speak to them about it. It's not a good ingredient for a healthy community.

I started out in SFA as an RSO back in June 2017, about a month after I joined the UFP. The XO post came up afterwards and I applied for it, using a slightly updated version of my original RSO application to reflect my time thus far in SFA. After 60 days in that role, I was appointed the XO. This period of time from RSO to XO was shorter than the current XO served and I was not as well known compared to now to most of the community back then. Do you believe I was shown favouritism?

Enlistednut09 - I understand your concern, if it was I from an outside prospective I would possibly feel the same way, when I put out the initial call for an XO in January of 2019 I offered the individuals that were not already RSO’s to become RSO’s. When I put out the second call for the XO position I did the same thing.

I approved Michael’s application for RSO prior to the XO selection because he already had RSO experience which started in 2016 and knew what was expected.

Also, as Petrarch stated I am not the final approval when it comes to XO selection, multiple people on multiple levels review and check all of the applicants before an approval is given.

As a personal statement, I don’t play favorites nor do I engage in office politics, it’s not who I am as a person. I select the person for the role that I believe they are best suited for. I apologize that you feel the way you do however I can say with 100% certainty that favoritism was not a factor involved with my decision or any decision I make within or for Starfleet Academy.

Michael - It's sad someone feels this way, as UFP has 0 favoritism. The process I had to go through involved, submitting an application, submitting interview questions and after inital selection by Enlistednut, then being approved by all of the FEO. It's a process that I had good timing with. As Enlistednut stated, I returned to RSO, have been a part of the UFP for over 4 years and was known to the community with previous CL4 experience. The XO position was posted, I applied and completed the rest of the process and was ultimately selected based on my qualifications and not based on any other factor. There are always volunteering opportunities, if you're not already a CL4, I'd recommend gaining experience by finding a CL4 position that would work for you. By doing a great job and making yourself noticed around the community, that will help you setup for a CL5+ position when one becomes available.

A very dedicated division that makes a big impact with our newest members.
    Enlistednut09 - Thank you, we try to ensure that every recruit new or returning is treated to the same high standard as the rest of the UFP.

Michael - We appreciate you noticing and are honored to be able to help new members find their footing.

The Academy Recruitment Coordinator, T'Tan, was super friendly and patient with my questions.
    Enlistednut09 - I glad that all of your questions were answered by T'Tan. He has been around for awhile and done a great job as recruitment coordinator and we are very happy to have him as part of the Academy Staff.

Michael - Thank you for recognizing T'Tan, he has worn many hats in the academy and I'm grateful he is still with the Academy, continuing to do great work!

Enlistednut09 - Hmmmmm....seems that the link doesn’t work...not sure if we should say thank you or get Section 31 involved....

Michael - I'm rather suspicious of random links, but I clicked it anyways, thankfully it was a broken one.

Academy seems to doing well getting a nice influx of new members through and up to speed.
    Enlistednut09 - Thank you, it’s good to know that other members notice the work we put into welcoming new UFP members.

Michael - It's our pleasure to have such an awesome responsibility and perform to the best of our abilities. Thank you for taking a moment to recognize us.
    Enlistednut09
    Enlistednut09 Medals
  2. SFHolo Commanding Officer

• Commendation
      Commendation (150 Points)

Awarded during the UFP Award Ceremony to those who go above and beyond for the community

Unlocked Sat 18 Dec, 2021 10:20 PM

0.22% have received this achievement

• Highly Decorated
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Receive every medal the UFP has to offer

Unlocked Sat 18 Dec, 2021 10:01 PM

0.18% have received this achievement

• The Never Ending Sacrifice
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Win a Short Story Competition

Unlocked Tue 29 Dec, 2020 5:11 PM

0.04% have received this achievement

• Correspondent
      Rare (50 Points)

Submit a Federation News Service article

Unlocked Tue 05 Nov, 2019 1:02 AM

0.44% have received this achievement

• Admiral
      Rare (50 Points)

Receive a promotion to the rank of Admiral

Unlocked Sat 18 Jun, 2022 8:40 PM

0.22% have received this achievement

• Holodeck Commanding Officer
      Rare (50 Points)

Be the Commanding Officer of Holodeck

Unlocked Sun 07 Nov, 2021 7:01 PM

0.04% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    Pronouns
    He/Him
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Michael
    • Enlistednut09
    • Quelibrium
    • Sul-Matuul
    Reply With QuoteQuote
    It's good to see the level of transparency that the academy displays and while I wasn't the one to mention favouritism, I liked all of your answers and honesty in regards to that.

The selection process now is a completely different animal to how it used to be when I first joined UFP and much more open
    ChrisWilkinson
    ChrisWilkinson Medals
    • Live Long and Prosper
      Common (10 Points)

Be a registered user for one year

Unlocked Fri 28 Oct, 2016 3:19 AM

96.42% have received this achievement

• Part of the Furniture
      Common (10 Points)

Be a registered user for two years

Unlocked Sat 28 Oct, 2017 9:04 AM

95.23% have received this achievement

• Eternal Servitude!
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Be a registered user for five years

Unlocked Wed 28 Oct, 2020 3:06 AM

74.95% have received this achievement

• Dean’s List
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Pass all three Academy exams

Unlocked Sun 22 Sep, 2019 8:02 AM

3.99% have received this achievement

• Paragon of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Sign three roll calls in a row

Unlocked Mon 08 Jun, 2020 6:04 AM

9.77% have received this achievement

• Becoming a Redshirt
      Common (10 Points)

Earn your first respect points

Unlocked Thu 19 Sep, 2019 1:02 PM

12.94% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Sul-Matuul
    • Enlistednut09
    • Arlu3n
    • Michael
    Reply With QuoteQuote
    It's my 1st active week here within the UFP and seeing posts like this shows me that I made the right choice in joining, even though I have been a listed forum member since 2015.

I love to see the open and welcoming responses from the leadership when presented with an issue in Fleet, my previous experience in former guilds has been to simply shrug off things like favoritism and act like it's a non issue.

I simply love the positive vibes I have witnessed thus far.
  3. Global Moderator

• Pillar of the Community
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Be a registered user for 10 years

Unlocked Wed 04 Oct, 2023 10:07 AM

34.20% have received this achievement

• Dedicated
      Rare (50 Points)

Volunteer for 1+ year

Unlocked Fri 13 Nov, 2020 11:07 AM

0.54% have received this achievement

• To Boldly Go On and On
      Rare (50 Points)

Reach one-thousand posts on the forums

Unlocked Mon 29 Apr, 2019 8:00 PM

0.71% have received this achievement

• Rear Admiral
      Rare (50 Points)

Receive a promotion to the rank of Rear Admiral

Unlocked Sat 30 Dec, 2023 10:09 PM

0.46% have received this achievement

• Well Respected
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Reach reputation tier 6

Unlocked Mon 03 Dec, 2018 11:01 PM

0.70% have received this achievement

• FAB-ulous
      Common (10 Points)

Be a member of the Federation Administrative Bureau

Unlocked Wed 07 Apr, 2021 10:00 PM

0.35% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    Pronouns
    He/Him
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Chris Wilkinson
    • Enlistednut09
    • Michael
    Reply With QuoteQuote
    That's one thing UFP does really well is being completely open about anything that affects the whole community.

Even if it's dark and nasty problems like a difficult member being removed, or something as nice as community survey results saying nice things; it is always presented to all members freely. Nobody is kept in the dark and i mean the leadership gets a great deal of well deserved respect; we know we can trust them to treat all situations fairly and keep member informed of any actions taken.

It's a pleasure to see a community being run this way and to be a member of such a community as well. Thumbs up
    SulMatuul
    SulMatuul Medals