FNS Survey Results - September 2019

Started By:
Three of Seven, Thu 31 Oct, 2019 12:30 PM
Views:
Replies:
  1. Fleet Admiral

• Commendation
      Commendation (150 Points)

Awarded during the UFP Award Ceremony to those who go above and beyond for the community

Unlocked Sat 29 Jun, 2019 9:56 PM

0.22% have received this achievement

• Set Phasers To Frag
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Win an Annual Elite Force Tournament

Unlocked Sun 28 Aug, 2016 7:24 PM

0.04% have received this achievement

• Top Brass
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Reach the highest Starfleet Rank

Unlocked Sat 17 Dec, 2016 10:30 PM

0.03% have received this achievement

• To Infinity and Beyond
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Reach ten-thousand posts on the forums

Grandfathered

0.02% have received this achievement

• Highly Decorated
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Receive every medal the UFP has to offer

Unlocked Sun 27 Mar, 2016 2:00 PM

0.18% have received this achievement

• Hearthstone Tournament Winner
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Win the annual Hearthstone Tournament

Unlocked Mon 04 Jul, 2016 6:08 PM

0.01% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    Pronouns
    She/Her
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • None
    Reply With QuoteQuote
    FNS 240

separator
    FNS September Survey Results

Overall Approval Rating: 100%

Strongly Approve: 25%
    Approve: 22%
    Neutral: 52%
    Disapprove: 0%
    Strongly Disapprove: 0%

Seems to go through phases of activity, I think more motivated writers would be benificial.
    Three of Seven: I agree, writing is an interest of mine, but I'm not always good at it, nor able to do so. Anyone with a vague interest in writing would be a welcome addition, it can be a great way to get the writing bug out of the system!

Infinity: I would love for more writers to join us, we've recently had Saelanna join the team which has kept me on my toes! You don't even have to be FNS staff to write for us, just click HERE to create an article. Big Grin

It'll get better once I join it.
    Three of Seven: I look forward to your application!

Infinity: Please join, we're running out of food writers.

Excellent
    Three of Seven: I thank you!

Infinity: giphy

all is good
    Three of Seven: Great!

Infinity: I'm chuffed that all is good, better than all not being good.

ALWAYS love to read them!
    Three of Seven: That is great to hear, always good to know there is someone out there reading them.

Infinity: I'm glad someone other than me reads them!

Three of Seven: It's the second paragraph that is harder.

Infinity: Yes.

I read them from time to time and find them enjoyable to read, but not my main consumption of news.
    Three of Seven: That's good, I don't blame you on it not being your main consumption, we aren't regular with news, it's a very small team, and we often get beaten to many punches. That said, I hope it at least gives a slightly different perspective on some things.

Infinity: Thanks for taking the time to read them, we're happy that someone enjoys our content.

I appreciate the news summaries and articles. It is often easier to find information here than on the (horrible, infinitely scrolling, repaint jumping, F-ing, ["Flash of Unstyled Content" Wink]) official news page and in other media, such as Priority One's podcasts/twitch channel. Sometimes I feel that certain articles should have more depth to them. Some news topics lend themselves to a certain level of analysis beyond a simple rereporting the news as presented. "What does this mean?" "How does this apply to X?" "How is this going to change Y?". This is just a "would like to have" and may really be beyond the scope of the news reporting as structured. While not news, I would not mind seeing a lot of opinion pices. They are probably easier to write and could be just as informative. I am just picking some nits. The news as it is currently presented is fine.
    Three of Seven: Thank you for your feedback, glad you appreciate them, and I agree that there is room for improvement! I am not an experienced writer, nor do I think there are many in FNS, it's more of a hobby, and a learning process. Most of what we write is from other news sources, or from press releases, but we do touch on some other areas, maybe expanding on more opinion would be good. There was Community Opinion of Discovery Season 2, which was taken from views posted on the UFP forum. There was also the news of Activision Blizzard layoffs that I felt was important to raise, and had a personal touch. The major problem is that we need a more varied writing team, otherwise you are just going to get used to my views, and opinions! Which will get very repetitive!