communications relay login

put a wireless speaker in your shower head

Started By:
Taku, Tue 07 Jan, 2020 8:00 AM
Views:
Replies:
    • Commendation
      Commendation (150 Points)

Awarded during the UFP Award Ceremony to those who go above and beyond for the community

Unlocked Sat 26 Jun, 2021 9:20 PM

0.24% have received this achievement

• Highly Decorated
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Receive every medal the UFP has to offer

Unlocked Sat 25 Sep, 2021 9:17 PM

0.18% have received this achievement

• The Fool
      Rare (50 Points)

Got pranked on April 1st

Unlocked Thu 01 Apr, 2021 11:25 AM

0.46% have received this achievement

• Admiral
      Rare (50 Points)

Receive a promotion to the rank of Admiral

Unlocked Sat 18 Jun, 2022 9:10 PM

0.22% have received this achievement

• Eternal Servitude!
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Be a registered user for five years

Unlocked Sun 31 Jul, 2022 10:06 PM

75.56% have received this achievement

• tlhIngan SuvwI'
      Common (10 Points)

Be a member of the House of Kular

Unlocked Tue 12 Feb, 2019 12:02 PM

13.08% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • None
    Reply With QuoteQuote
    Kohler teamed up with Harman Kardon to put a wireless speaker in a shower head
    That's so CES!
    By Shawn Knight on January 3, 2020, 3:54 PM

2020 01 03 image 15

In brief: One of the few things you can bank on each year is that where will be at least one product to come out of the Consumer Electronics Show that screams, “that’s so CES!” For 2020, that product is without a doubt Kohler’s Moxie showerhead + wireless speaker.

Introduced on Friday, the Moxie shower head + wireless speaker is just as it sounds – a standard shower head with a removable smart speaker that slots into the center of the head and is held in place magnetically. It’s powered by technology from Harman Kardon and as you’d expect, offers hands-free control via its built-in voice assistant.

Surprisingly enough, this isn’t a new concept for Kohler. In researching the combo, I found references to a similar setup from Kohler – with the same name, even – dating back to late 2012. That version doesn’t look nearly as elegant as the newer model, but that’s to be expected from a product that is more than six years old at this point.

2020 01 03 image

According to The Verge, the new Moxie speaker will sell for $99, or $159 if you want a version with Alexa. Plus, you’ll want the shower head itself which commands an additional $70 although I suppose you don’t really need that part to enjoy in-shower tunes.

Kohler tells the publication that the speaker will last for up to five hours on a single charge and carries an IPX67 rating. Look for it to launch sometime in 2020.

--- Originally published on TechSpot ---
    "And when I saw the breadth of my domain, I wept, for there were no more worlds left to conquer."