Grandfathered

0.99% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • None
    Reply With QuoteQuote
    After six years of use. My Macbook Pro and iPad are well and truly worn out. The iPad is so slow it barely does anything, and my Macbook Pros battery isn't what it used to be. Combined with the plastic apple logo being cracked on the front and the anti-glare coating on the screen wearing off (causing it to look like its got smudges on it all the time) is forcing me to think about alternatives.

I was looking recently at combining both devices with something like the Galaxy Tab S6, along with the keyboard accessory. I don't do anything crazy with my laptop, mostly use it for note taking and writing assingments for my degree. My main thought was how do these tablets hold up? It's one thing to read reviews but another to talk to someone who's experienced "living" with them and using them over a protracted period of time.

I'll be honest, I haven't used an Android device in YEARS. I'd have to adjust to the UI but I've been very much caught up in Apples ecosysstem. That being said, the appls I use the most are available on both platforms so in that regard it isn't a big deal switching.

So, anyone using any of the recent Samsung tablets, or even the S6 in particular? I was looking at getting the 256Gb Wi-Fi model, I can easily tether it to my phone if needs be. Also, do the attachable keyboards really live up to their purpose? Or can they be frustrating to use?
    Terrell
    Terrell Medals