• Th3TrueLuke
    • Solace
    • Michael
    Reply With QuoteQuote
    SFA 240

EX ASTRIS, SCIENTIA
    FROM THE STARS, KNOWLEDGE

Greetings UFP,

Below are the Community Survey Results for Starfleet Academy for March 2020. Things have been going well over the past few months, it’s been a bit quieter than normal, however we have added a few new Staff members to help out with the Academy duties. I hope you are all are staying safe with the Zombie Apocalypse that has been traveling the world currently and if there is anything we can do to help support you please let us know.

I would also like to ensure that everyone is tracking Fleet events on the Event page HERE.

As always, I want to thank everyone for providing your feedback. The SFA doors are always open, so if you have any additional feedback, suggestions or complaints, feel free to drop myself or Michael a PM or by using the forum feedback form.

Special thanks to the SFA team for all your hard work and effort throughout the last quarter!

SFA SURVEY RESULTS

MARCH 2020 APPROVAL: 99%(-1%)
    DECEMBER 2019 APPROVAL: 100%

DEPARTMENT REVIEW:
    NOT REQUIRED

Strongly Approve: 26%
    Approve: 17%
    Neutral: 56.5%
    Disapprove: 0%
    Strongly Disapprove: 0.5%

I plead the 5th
    Enlistednut09: I prefer the 18th lol

Michael: Me too Cool

It's like learning and stuff, innit.
    Enlistednut09: Am Ende wird alles gut sein. Und wenn es nicht gut ist, ist es nicht das Ende. / In the end everything will be fine. And if it's not good, it's not the end.

Michael: "That's the power of Math people!"

Amazing work
    Enlistednut09: Thank you, all of our RSO's do their best to help our Fleetmates.

Michael: Thank you, we appreciate you!

Very helpful, very professional. Perfect!
    Enlistednut09: We strive for excellence and we are glad that we've been helpful.

Michael: Glad to be of service!

Would love more advanced testing
    Enlistednut09: giphy

Michael: source

A well-run division that just added a couple of new staff members to make it even better.
    Enlistednut09: I try to ensure that everyone knows that there is no such thing as a bad idea. We may not implement the idea due to different reasons, but you are always heard. We also want to ensure that we have a diverse staff that is always willing to help if the need arises.

Michael: Indeed, it's great to have new ideas being brought in!

Enlistednut and Michael are doing a fantastic job in the Academy.
    Enlistednut09: Thank you very much, we continue to strive to do better always.

Michael: We aim to please! Big Grin

New faces, new introductions, good things all around.
    Enlistednut09: Glad to be of service.

Michael: 100%

Super smooth and streamlined...as per normal.
    Enlistednut09: Thank you for saying so.

Michael: Sweetness!

All good.

Michael: Alrighty then!

I'm new, so I joined several fleets to find the best fit.
    Enlistednut09: We are glad you decided on the UFP and if you ever have any questions please let any of the Academy staff know.

Michael: We're glad you found your new home!

When I joined UFP, I asked the recruitment support officer for help. The person sent me links. Most of the information on the first link I clicked was wrong. The second link I clicked on also had a great deal of wrong information. I stopped clicking links after that, as the other fleets I joined provided more trustworthy information.
    Unlike every other fleet I joined, the primary initial contact (recruitment support officer in this fleet) did not directly contact me in-game.
    About a week after joining, I asked the recruitment support officer more questions. The person replied that I aged out of the program after a week and it was no longer their responsibility to help; I should ask people in the appropriate departments.

With regards to the Community Support Centre:
    I clicked "How do I join the TeamSpeak Server?" and followed the steps. The landing room told me to "Read Rules," but gave no indication as to where the rules were located. I promptly left so as not to accidentally violate any rule, so I can't really evaluate that aspect of the community.
    Then I clicked on "The Midas Array Podcast." It claims there is a podcast every two weeks, but this does not seem to have been true for almost a year. I'm not sure about the other links, as I'm not spending my time on what is probably further outdated/untrustworthy information, given the fleet's track record with regards to newer players.
    Enlistednut09: I apologize that the information you received was incorrect, would you be able to copy and paste the messages in a PM and send to both myself and Michael so we can ensure that the correct information is being put out in the future. We want to ensure that all of the information that is being put out is correct and that no one has the same issues that you ran into.

Michael: I apologize that we did not give you the same high quality service we expect from our department. Please feel free to PM if there's anything I can help you with further! And while you were assigned a specific RSO, you are free to contact anyone within the community that you feel would be appropriate to further assist you. In TeamSpeak, if you made it to the server, then that would be successful to me. If you notify a CL5/CL6 once you're connected, we can set you up with the proper permission Wink. Thank you for alerting us to this and it will be resolved in a timely manner, I'd love to get some more information about it from you.

It's operating above normal parameters.

Michael: cout << "Thank you for your input!" << endl;
    Enlistednut09
    Enlistednut09 Medals
  2. Fleet Admiral

• Commendation
      Commendation (150 Points)

Awarded during the UFP Award Ceremony to those who go above and beyond for the community

Unlocked Sat 29 Jun, 2019 9:56 PM

0.22% have received this achievement

• Top Brass
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Reach the highest Starfleet Rank

Unlocked Sat 17 Dec, 2016 10:30 PM

0.03% have received this achievement

• To Infinity and Beyond
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Reach ten-thousand posts on the forums

Grandfathered

0.02% have received this achievement

• Highly Decorated
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Receive every medal the UFP has to offer

Unlocked Sun 27 Mar, 2016 2:00 PM

0.18% have received this achievement

• Set Phasers To Frag
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Win an Annual Elite Force Tournament

Unlocked Sun 28 Aug, 2016 7:24 PM

0.04% have received this achievement

• Hearthstone Tournament Winner
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Win the annual Hearthstone Tournament

Unlocked Mon 04 Jul, 2016 6:08 PM

0.01% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    Pronouns
    She/Her
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Th3TrueLuke
    • Michael
    • Enlistednut09
    • Miles
    Reply With QuoteQuote
    I do wish to add some thoughts to this.

With regards to the Community Support Centre:
    I clicked &quot;How do I join the TeamSpeak Server?&quot; and followed the steps. The landing room told me to &quot;Read Rules,&quot; but gave no indication as to where the rules were located. I promptly left so as not to accidentally violate any rule, so I can't really evaluate that aspect of the community.
    Then I clicked on &quot;The Midas Array Podcast.&quot; It claims there is a podcast every two weeks, but this does not seem to have been true for almost a year. I'm not sure about the other links, as I'm not spending my time on what is probably further outdated/untrustworthy information, given the fleet's track record with regards to newer players.
    For TeamSpeak, there is a channel called "Transporter Room - Read Rules" which, if selected has a scroll bar on the side listing all the TeamSpeak rules. The rules tend to be fairly common sense, nothing really out there.

As for the Midas Array Podcast, it's not mission critical, so being out of date should not reflect on any other information. I feel the criticism on this point to be somewhat arbitrary. More important information will take priority over less important information, and if there is an error somewhere, you can always raise it with the relevent department to correct.