[Guide] - Legendary Temporal Flight Deck Carrier

Started By:
Morris, Tue 07 Apr, 2020 4:22 AM
Views:
Replies:
  1. Deputy Head of Administration

• Commendation
      Commendation (150 Points)

Awarded during the UFP Award Ceremony to those who go above and beyond for the community

Unlocked Sat 28 Mar, 2020 10:11 PM

0.22% have received this achievement

• Pillar of the Community
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Be a registered user for 10 years

Unlocked Thu 11 Aug, 2022 1:05 AM

34.20% have received this achievement

• ...and On and On
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Reach five-thousand posts on the forums

Unlocked Fri 14 Feb, 2020 8:03 PM

0.08% have received this achievement

• Editor-and-Chief
      Rare (50 Points)

Be Federation News Service CO

Unlocked Fri 10 Feb, 2023 3:02 PM

0.08% have received this achievement

• Admiral
      Rare (50 Points)

Receive a promotion to the rank of Admiral

Unlocked Sat 24 Dec, 2022 10:13 PM

• Highly Decorated
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Receive every medal the UFP has to offer

Unlocked Sat 26 Sep, 2020 10:02 PM

0.18% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    Donated
    £50+
    Pronouns
    He/Him
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Morris
    Reply With QuoteQuote
    Mr. Solace,

1) I might try this out, though I'm partial to the turn rate and Crit bonuses.

2) I might try this out as well, though probably not, because of.....see 3) and 4).....

3) I have tried SIA on my Fleet Caitian Carrier, with a very science heavy build...lots of qualifying anomolies (Gravity Well, Subspace Vortex, and Very Cold in Space) and rarely get more than 10K dps from SIA. I cannot see how using only 1, or 2 (if I swap Entropic Cascade back to Chronometric Inversion Field) will be more effective for me, but I'll look at it.

4) https://sto.gamepedia.com/Trait:_Spo...used_Anomalies I'm not sure that CPB procs SIA. If it does, I could swap out Delayed Overload Cascade, because this ship's Temporal BO is an Engineer, not Science.

5) This set is only a consideration if I convert to the Sci-Torp Bomber build that you mention, and then I would be playing to my weakness as an Engineer. Engineers are very good at Directed Energy Damage, because Engineer Captain powers buff power levels. Power levels aren't that important for torpedo boats. The Auxiliary Power level is important, because it supports Science abilities and hanger bays launching quickly, and Engine Power is helpful for getting around quickly, but any profession can provide adequate levels of power for those. So, as an Engineer, my main focus should be on Energy Weapon builds. I'm sure that I could build the ship that you describe, in some form, but I know that it would not perform as well for my Engineer as it could for a Tactical or Science captain. If I were to run it in a nanny run, it might look like it was performing well, but in any normal run, it would be a weaker performer for me than my current build is. I know this, because I've tried variations of this...I'm always trying out new builds!

I appreciate the suggestions, Solace. I've tried a by the book Tzenkethi Tzen-Tar Torp-Bomber, and I cannot get close to the numbers that I'm pulling with my current build. It's good, but not as good. Same for my Verne EPG build. It's also good, but not as good. I'll grant you that much of my lack of success with those may be due to my lack of experience piloting those ships and builds. Having said that, I'll play around with some of your ideas and see how it goes. If anything comes of it, I'll make a post about it.

I hope that this post doesn't come across as dismissive of your ideas. I appreciate you sharing your enthusiasm for what you've learned building your exceptional Nebula build, linked here: https://ufplanets.com/showthread.php...ula-Exotic-DPS. I look at everything that everyone puts up into the Build Discussions area of the forum: https://ufplanets.com/forumdisplay.p...ld-Discussions. I've learned much from everyone's builds! It's a great resource for me when I'm looking for new things to try. Wink

Cheers!!!
    Most welcome, also I made a mistake that SIA isn't procc'd by CPB whoops! Tongue Out

Still I'd recommend slotting the 3pc Morphogenic Set at least since that gives great bonuses and as I mentioned above you have all 3 BOFF powers in your build that procs the buffs from the 3pc set. It might hurt your overall directed energy dps but you'd more than likely make up for it in the crit numbers. Worth trying it out and see what you get at any rate.

Also I'll be putting up a Verne build soon that is a very high dps sci-torp bomber.

Additional: Here's a list of what procs SIA, if you do decide to slot it in your build you'll need to drop the entropy builders in favour of minor entropy builders/control powers.
    1. Gravity Well
    2. Tyken's Rift
    3. Subspace Vortex
    4. Ionic Turbulence
    5. Chronometric Inversion Field
    6. Timeline Collapse
  2. Gold Contributor

• Commendation
      Commendation (150 Points)

Awarded during the UFP Award Ceremony to those who go above and beyond for the community

Unlocked Sat 25 Sep, 2021 9:24 PM

• Gold Contributor
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Subscribe to a monthly Gold Subscription

Unlocked Fri 10 Apr, 2020 8:02 AM

0.35% have received this achievement

• Pillar of the Community
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Be a registered user for 10 years

Unlocked Sat 23 Apr, 2022 9:05 PM

34.20% have received this achievement

• Highly Decorated
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Receive every medal the UFP has to offer

Unlocked Sat 26 Jun, 2021 9:01 PM

0.18% have received this achievement

• Dedicated
      Rare (50 Points)

Volunteer for 1+ year

Unlocked Sun 07 Mar, 2021 10:01 PM

0.54% have received this achievement

• At the Helm
      Rare (50 Points)

Be Head of Starfleet Operations

Unlocked Tue 06 Feb, 2024 2:01 PM

0.07% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Jestersmith
    Reply With QuoteQuote
     –  Last edited by Morris; Sun 09 May, 2021 12:39 AM.
    Updated build today, May 8th, 2021.

Dropped: Device - Reactive Armor Catalyst, Console - Tactical - Vulnerability Locator Mk XV [Phaser], and Console - Tactical - Vulnerability Locator Mk XV [Phaser].

Added: Device - Temporal Negotiator, Console - Universal - Tholian Webspinner Array, and Console - Universal - Multi-Target Tractor Arrays.

Swapped Skills: Dropped Improved Control Expertise, and replaced it with Control Amplification.

Swapped Space Traits: Dropped Adaptive Offense and Superior Beam Training, and replaced them with Into the Breach and Unconventional Systems.

Swapped Starship Traits: Dropped Preferential Targeting, and replaced it with Terran Goodbye.

Swapped Space Reputation Traits: Dropped Exotic Modulation (Rank 2), and replaced it with Auxiliary Configuration - Offense (Rank 2).

Swapped Tactical Bridge Officer Abilities: Dropped Cannon Scatter Volley I and Torpedo Spread I, and replaced them with Torpedo Spread II and Distributed Targeting I.

Swapped Engineer/ Temporal Bridge Officer Abilities: Dropped Channeled Deconstruction I, Entropic Cascade I, and Entropic Redistribution III, and replaced them with Heisenberg Amplifier I, Entropic Redistribution II, and Timeline Collapse I.

Swapped Science Bridge Officer Abilities: Dropped Hazard Emitters I, and replaced it with Tractor Beam I.

Most of these changes were made to facilitate, and make effective, the Unconventional System Space Trait. This trait accelerates the cooldowns of many of the Universal Consoles, whose clickies can be quite powerful!

These changes are now reflected in the original post of this thread.
    Morris
    Morris Medals