74.95% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • LogicalLeopard
    Reply With QuoteQuote
    Hey everyone,

After a really good suggestion in the Ares RPG feedback, I thought I'd start a thread so that we can all contribute to future story ideas and gather them in one place. I realise that the Ares was meaqnt to go on a deep space long term mission but we're masters of our own fate and subject to changes in orders from Starfleet Command. Anyway, let's hear those ideas!
    WelshAvenger
    WelshAvenger Medals
    Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.
    • Commander
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Receive a promotion to the rank of Commander

Unlocked Sat 24 Sep, 2022 8:47 PM

0.64% have received this achievement

• Captain
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Ascend the ranks to reach the Captains chair

Unlocked Fri 04 Nov, 2022 1:05 PM

0.67% have received this achievement

• Paragon of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Sign three roll calls in a row

Unlocked Fri 01 Mar, 2019 1:01 AM

9.77% have received this achievement

• Eternal Servitude!
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Be a registered user for five years

Unlocked Mon 07 Aug, 2023 1:06 AM

74.95% have received this achievement

• Well Respected
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Reach reputation tier 6

Unlocked Sun 31 Mar, 2019 3:00 PM

0.70% have received this achievement

• Dean’s List
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Pass all three Academy exams

Unlocked Fri 03 Jun, 2022 1:03 AM

3.99% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • WelshAvenger
    • Kiflin
    Reply With QuoteQuote
     –  Last edited by LogicalLeopard; Fri 10 Jul, 2020 5:50 PM.
    Whatever we do, I think itd be fun to have sort of a mystery to it, like a Trek episode. Something not quite being what it appears to be, and the crew has to figure out ehata going on before it's too late. I had an idea a while back, can't remember what, but I'll do some thinking.

I've got an idea ticking the back of my head now that deals with time travel. The Ares makes contact with a civilization on the edges of Federation space that...shouldn't be there. The planet has been surveyed before by long range probe, but the atmosphere has changed slightly, as if it's been terraformed, and there's a civilization right there that there was no sign of before.

There is no sign of space ports or anything, but their tech seems advanced to Federation Standards, so the prime directive doesn't apply. The inhabitants are humanoid, close to human, but with some differences.
    Every indication appears to indicate they've been there for a thousand years, when the probe evidence indicates that it was never there.

On the other hand, there are strange tachyon readings that keep appearing and disappearing in the area. The crew doesn't know what they are, cloaked ships, cloaked technology, a natural occurrence, etc.

Then there is a commotion on the planet. A tachyon surge appears on the planet, and the residents of the planet move quickly to contain it. Scans from the ship indicates that it appears to be people...with bio signs indicating a distinctly Federarion race, like a human, vulcan, Bolian, etc. Scans aren't definite because of the tachyon. But the planets residents arrest these people and won't let the crew near them.

What the tachyon in orbit turns out to be are indications of a temporal wormhole. A wormhole that appears in certain places at certain times. This wormhole is due to manifest and drag the Ares back to the far past. At the same time, the wormhole manifests in the Gamma Quadrant and drags a ship with an alien race through, depositing them in the past as well. The Gamma quadrant race figures out a way to crossbreed with some of the Ares survivors and found a new civilization. I'm envisioning that their crossbreeding might be more violent, like they captured the Ares survivors and experimented with their DNA so that they could make themselves harder to adjust to the new environment.

The people who appeared on the planet are crew from Ares from the future. When the wormhole dragged the Ares into the past, some of the crew were on a shuttle, or maybe life boats, and very stranded in the present. After some amount of years, they attempt to go into the past to prevent the accident from happening.

Its kind of a mash of that DS9 episode where the Defiant founds a whole civilization made of the crew's descendants, and the episode where Harry Kim and Chakotay (I think) go back to the past to prevent a Voyager accident.