Unlocked Sun 24 Oct, 2021 2:59 PM

0.60% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • None
    Reply With QuoteQuote
    Article hints it may be a reference to his cameo in Lower Decks really guess it all depends on when he recorded this. I would welcome his return in any trek.

delancie qagain head

John de Lancie has been a major part of Star Trek since he appeared as the enigmatic, godlike Q in the Next Generation pilot “Encounter at Farpoint” in 1987. In addition to a recurring on TNG, de Lancie’s Q also appeared in multiple other Star Trek series and he is now hinting that there may be more to come.
    John de Lancie talks more Q

The Star Trek Universe podcast pointed us to a recent video on Cameo.com – where fans can buy personalized videos from celebrities, including John de Lancie. This particular video was a Christmas 2020 message from a father to his son, where the actor starts out “Q here, AKA John de Lancie,” and he begins to talk about the family’s shared love for Star Trek: The Next Generation. De Lancie then tells a story about how he got his Star Trek start in the ’80s on TNG, where he also drops a tantalizing “stocking stuffer” of a possible future for Q:

A voice behind my shoulder said, “You have no idea what you have got yourself into.” It was Gene Roddenberry and I said, “What are you talking about?” He goes, “Oh, you’ll find out.” And here it is, 34 years later, I am finding out. Oh and by the way, here is a little stocking stuffer… You are going to be seeing more of me. Cheers. Merry Christmas. And let’s just cross our fingers that 2021 is going to be better. It just has to be better than 2020.

delancie cameoxmas2020

CLICK to see de Lancie talk about returning as Q at cameo.com (You will need to have a Cameo account and be a member of de Lancie’s fan club.)

This “you are going to see more of me” comment is what is intriguing, suggesting de Lancie could be returning to the role of Q—again. As Lower Decks fans know, de Lancie already returned as Q in 2020, voicing the role in the episode “Veritas,” which debuted in September. Even though this Cameo Christmas message was likely recorded recently, it’s possible de Lancie was referring either to his appearance in “Veritas” or perhaps a return to Lower Decks in season two, which is currently in production and expected to arrive in 2021.

lds q

Q voiced by John de Lancie in Lower Decks “Veritas”
    Could it be for Picard?

There is an even more intriguing possibility, assuming he isn’t just talking about “Veritas.” De Lancie saying “You are going to be seeing more of me” could mean it won’t be just his voice. There are three live-action Star Trek series either currently in production or soon to be in production. The most likely candidate for a Q appearance would be on the second season of Star Trek: Picard, which is expected to start shooting next month. Writing for the season has been going on since early in the year as production was to start in the summer, so guest actors would likely already be booked. And the first season of Picard featured a number of actors reprising their characters from TNG and the TNG era, with more expected for season two.

pic 107 psfrakesmarina 640x427
    Jonathan Frakes (William Riker) and Marina Sirtis (Deanna Troi) guest star with Sir Patrick Stewart in Star Trek: Picard “Nepenthe”

Through his many appearances on TNG and other Star Trek shows, Q has shown a particular fascination with Jean Luc-Picard, and Q played a significant role in the events of both the series premiere and series finale. In their last encounter in “All Good Things” (see clip below) Q hinted he would see Picard again, saying “the trial never ends” and “I’ll be watching, and if you are very lucky, I will drop by to say hello from time to time.”

There is also another potential connection to season two. It has been confirmed that Whoopi Goldberg will be reprising her role as Guinan, and Guinan has a complicated and adversarial relationship with Q (see below clip), so having both appear could make sense.

For now, this is all speculation. De Lancie could simply be talking about his September Lower Decks appearance, or maybe another voice role on Lower Decks (or even Prodigy). But Q did promise to keep in touch with Captain Picard, so maybe after over 20 years, it’s time for him to check in with his old friend Jean-Luc.

Sourcehttps://trekmovie.com/2020/12/20/joh...ar-trek-again/
    Jestersmith

Jestersmith Medals
  2. Deputy Head of Administration

• Commendation
      Commendation (150 Points)

Awarded during the UFP Award Ceremony to those who go above and beyond for the community

Unlocked Sat 28 Mar, 2020 10:11 PM

0.22% have received this achievement

• ...and On and On
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Reach five-thousand posts on the forums

Unlocked Fri 14 Feb, 2020 8:03 PM

0.08% have received this achievement

• Pillar of the Community
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Be a registered user for 10 years

Unlocked Thu 11 Aug, 2022 1:05 AM

34.20% have received this achievement

• Editor-and-Chief
      Rare (50 Points)

Be Federation News Service CO

Unlocked Fri 10 Feb, 2023 3:02 PM

0.08% have received this achievement

• Admiral
      Rare (50 Points)

Receive a promotion to the rank of Admiral

Unlocked Sat 24 Dec, 2022 10:13 PM

0.22% have received this achievement

• Highly Decorated
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Receive every medal the UFP has to offer

Unlocked Sat 26 Sep, 2020 10:02 PM

0.18% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    Donated
    £50+
    Pronouns
    He/Him
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • None
    Reply With QuoteQuote
    Article hints it may be a reference to his cameo in Lower Decks really guess it all depends on when he recorded this. I would welcome his return in any trek.

delancie qagain head

John de Lancie has been a major part of Star Trek since he appeared as the enigmatic, godlike Q in the Next Generation pilot “Encounter at Farpoint” in 1987. In addition to a recurring on TNG, de Lancie’s Q also appeared in multiple other Star Trek series and he is now hinting that there may be more to come.
    John de Lancie talks more Q

The Star Trek Universe podcast pointed us to a recent video on Cameo.com – where fans can buy personalized videos from celebrities, including John de Lancie. This particular video was a Christmas 2020 message from a father to his son, where the actor starts out “Q here, AKA John de Lancie,” and he begins to talk about the family’s shared love for Star Trek: The Next Generation. De Lancie then tells a story about how he got his Star Trek start in the ’80s on TNG, where he also drops a tantalizing “stocking stuffer” of a possible future for Q:

A voice behind my shoulder said, “You have no idea what you have got yourself into.” It was Gene Roddenberry and I said, “What are you talking about?” He goes, “Oh, you’ll find out.” And here it is, 34 years later, I am finding out. Oh and by the way, here is a little stocking stuffer… You are going to be seeing more of me. Cheers. Merry Christmas. And let’s just cross our fingers that 2021 is going to be better. It just has to be better than 2020.

delancie cameoxmas2020

CLICK to see de Lancie talk about returning as Q at cameo.com (You will need to have a Cameo account and be a member of de Lancie’s fan club.)

This “you are going to see more of me” comment is what is intriguing, suggesting de Lancie could be returning to the role of Q—again. As Lower Decks fans know, de Lancie already returned as Q in 2020, voicing the role in the episode “Veritas,” which debuted in September. Even though this Cameo Christmas message was likely recorded recently, it’s possible de Lancie was referring either to his appearance in “Veritas” or perhaps a return to Lower Decks in season two, which is currently in production and expected to arrive in 2021.

lds q

Q voiced by John de Lancie in Lower Decks “Veritas”
    Could it be for Picard?

There is an even more intriguing possibility, assuming he isn’t just talking about “Veritas.” De Lancie saying “You are going to be seeing more of me” could mean it won’t be just his voice. There are three live-action Star Trek series either currently in production or soon to be in production. The most likely candidate for a Q appearance would be on the second season of Star Trek: Picard, which is expected to start shooting next month. Writing for the season has been going on since early in the year as production was to start in the summer, so guest actors would likely already be booked. And the first season of Picard featured a number of actors reprising their characters from TNG and the TNG era, with more expected for season two.

pic 107 psfrakesmarina 640x427
    Jonathan Frakes (William Riker) and Marina Sirtis (Deanna Troi) guest star with Sir Patrick Stewart in Star Trek: Picard “Nepenthe”

Through his many appearances on TNG and other Star Trek shows, Q has shown a particular fascination with Jean Luc-Picard, and Q played a significant role in the events of both the series premiere and series finale. In their last encounter in “All Good Things” (see clip below) Q hinted he would see Picard again, saying “the trial never ends” and “I’ll be watching, and if you are very lucky, I will drop by to say hello from time to time.”

There is also another potential connection to season two. It has been confirmed that Whoopi Goldberg will be reprising her role as Guinan, and Guinan has a complicated and adversarial relationship with Q (see below clip), so having both appear could make sense.

For now, this is all speculation. De Lancie could simply be talking about his September Lower Decks appearance, or maybe another voice role on Lower Decks (or even Prodigy). But Q did promise to keep in touch with Captain Picard, so maybe after over 20 years, it’s time for him to check in with his old friend Jean-Luc.

Sourcehttps://trekmovie.com/2020/12/20/joh...ar-trek-again/
    I really hope that we get to see more John De Lancie Q'ness in PIC S2! I really miss the Picard - Q dynamic, I was kind of hoping he'd show up in S1 of PIC as like a final come to save the day sort of deal.
  3. Global Moderator

• Highly Decorated
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Receive every medal the UFP has to offer

Unlocked Sat 14 Oct, 2023 3:00 PM

0.18% have received this achievement

• Dedicated
      Rare (50 Points)

Volunteer for 1+ year

Unlocked Fri 03 Apr, 2020 6:00 PM

0.54% have received this achievement

• The Fool
      Rare (50 Points)

Got pranked on April 1st

Unlocked Fri 01 Apr, 2022 12:10 PM

0.32% have received this achievement

• Vice Admiral
      Rare (50 Points)

Receive a promotion to the rank of Vice Admiral

Unlocked Sat 14 Oct, 2023 2:59 PM

0.27% have received this achievement

• To Boldly Go On and On
      Rare (50 Points)

Reach one-thousand posts on the forums

Unlocked Fri 11 Dec, 2020 7:00 PM

0.71% have received this achievement

• The Mad House
      Common (10 Points)

Be a member of the Holodeck

Unlocked Tue 05 Jun, 2018 10:00 PM

13.01% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Solace
    • Draco
    Reply With QuoteQuote
    I just love John de Lancie as an Actor and Human Being. I can't wait to see what he gets up to next.
    Heyallo
    Heyallo Medals
    "What good is a rule if you're not willing to die for it...? Or break it."
    Capt. Christopher Pike
    • Well Respected
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Reach reputation tier 6

Unlocked Fri 05 Jul, 2019 6:07 AM

0.70% have received this achievement

• Dean’s List
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Pass all three Academy exams

Grandfathered

3.99% have received this achievement

• Live Long and Prosper
      Common (10 Points)

Be a registered user for one year

Unlocked Mon 27 Apr, 2015 9:10 AM

96.42% have received this achievement

• Command Material
      Common (10 Points)

Sit and pass the Academy Command Exam

Grandfathered

4.58% have received this achievement

• Lieutenant
      Common (10 Points)

Receive a promotion to the rank of Lieutenant

Unlocked Sat 23 Mar, 2019 11:40 PM

1.19% have received this achievement

• Starfleet's Finest
      Common (10 Points)

Be a member of Starfleet Operations

Grandfathered

28.11% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • None
    Reply With QuoteQuote
    I would love to see Q & Picard together on screen again. I hope it happens and if not I will be happy with seeing Q on Lower Decks. John DeLancie's Cameo videos are always a delight. Even without stocking stuffers. Tongue Out
    Jbyb04
    JByb04 Medals