December FEO and Website Feedback

Started By:
Three of Seven, Tue 22 Dec, 2020 7:16 PM
Views:
Replies:
  1. Fleet Admiral

• Commendation
      Commendation (150 Points)

Awarded during the UFP Award Ceremony to those who go above and beyond for the community

Unlocked Sat 29 Jun, 2019 9:56 PM

0.24% have received this achievement

• Highly Decorated
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Receive every medal the UFP has to offer

Unlocked Sun 27 Mar, 2016 2:00 PM

0.18% have received this achievement

• Set Phasers To Frag
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Win an Annual Elite Force Tournament

Unlocked Sun 28 Aug, 2016 7:24 PM

0.04% have received this achievement

• Top Brass
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Reach the highest Starfleet Rank

Unlocked Sat 17 Dec, 2016 10:30 PM

0.03% have received this achievement

• To Infinity and Beyond
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Reach ten-thousand posts on the forums

Grandfathered

0.02% have received this achievement

• Hearthstone Tournament Winner
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Win the annual Hearthstone Tournament

Unlocked Mon 04 Jul, 2016 6:08 PM

0.01% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    Pronouns
    She/Her
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Chris Wilkinson
    • Silek
    • Mack
    • Emmy
    • Palechimera
    • Morris
    • Miles
    FEO 240

Greetings,

Here are the feedback results from the roll call on FEO and the website. Remember that comments left in these surveys are 100% anonymous, no one will know it was you if you say "I hate Three of Seven, she's useless!", and I won't hunt you down for it either, honest! If you disapprove, please, tell us, so we can work towards fixing it!

FEO December Approval Rating: 99% (0%)
    FEO September Approval Rating: 99%

Strongly Approve: 26% (-2%)
    Approve: 18% (+1%)
    Neutral: 55% (0%)
    Disapprove: 0% (+1%)
    Strongly Disapprove: 0% (0%)

I feel at times the FEO can become bullies with other members of the forums if you disagree in the slightest. I've seen it through out my years in UFP. Yes, I agree we need rules and conducts and stop whatever unnecessary garbage in the forums from time to time, however its the method that its done. It's where we have multiple FEO members bully said party before doing some action, which just aggravates said party and members of forum itself. Perhaps this isn't just a FEO problem seems to carry through couple departments.
    Three of Seven: Bullying is quite a serious accusation to make, and if you feel that there is bullying going on from FEO, then you should raise the matter with Jonathan, or myself. Certainly on some forum topics, there are posts that get heated, and discussions that may start to go too far, but bullying implies malicious intent, where it can just be tempers boiling over in a heated topic. While FEO members should try and remain professional on these topics, we are all only human, with emotions, as such, prone to emotional outbursts. Again though, if you do witness bullying, please report it as soon as possible, all complaints will be treated in confidence, and seriously.

Petrarch: Bullying is indeed a serious charge to be laying down and I would second Three's comment that if you've got that feeling it's happening or have proof of it actually happening, please get in touch. While every effort is made to remain impartial when things go south, there can be and are times tempers get frayed, people vent and otherwise lose the rag no matter who they are and I can see how stuff like that could be taken out of context, but ultimately, cooler heads prevail. I can categorically state that no member of FEO holds a grudge or any sort of vendetta against other members, but as Three says, if you see bullying going on from any member of the community, please do let us know and it will be investigated accordingly.

Jordan: My colleagues above have stated above, we take bullying and harassment very seriously. You can reach out to any FEO member to discuss the issue and it'll be treated with confidence and anonymity.

Jonathan: As others have said, bullying is a serious accusation to make and I honestly can't think of any examples, both in the public forums or within more private CL4 or CL5 areas. If you feel this is happening then I would be happy to look into this, as would any other FEO member and we will take it seriously.

Sammygm: Your first sentence makes it sound that FEO are not allowed to hold a different opinion than others and if we debate you on it then it constitutes as us bullying somehow. Can some topics get heated? Yes of course, but I've not noticed anything that could be considered bullying. Our methods of getting rid of "unnecessary garbage" can be slow, yes, but that's because we have to figure out first that was was being said had malicious intent behind it.

If you can pinpoint where this supposed bullying has happened we can look into it and take action, but if you can't, then you're just going to have to live with the fact that everyone has differing opinions, and if someone disagrees with you it doesn't automatically mean that they're bullying you. If both FEO and our other departments are supposedly "bullying" then perhaps it's time to ask yourself what you've done for the command staff to not look at you favorably

That's the play team, now let's win the game!
    Three of Seven: Tactical nuke incoming!!!

Petrarch: Move back into the circle!

Jonathan: Double Kill! Triple Kill! Overkill!

I have no major complaints about how FEO is run. Jonathan could be a bit less grumpy but I guess that is part of his charm.
    Three of Seven: Jonathan is grumpy, I can agree with that, but he just wouldn't be Jonathan if he wasn't!

Petrarch: Secretly, we're all grumpy, some of us just hide it better than others.

Jordan: It's his charm.

Jonathan: I'm not grumpy!!

You're simply the best! Keep up the good work!
    Three of Seven: My thanks to you.

Petrarch: Cheers!

Jordan: 🎵 Better than all the rest, better than anyone, anyone I ever met 🎵[

Jonathan: No your breath-taking!

Don't feel like I should be able to really vote on these right now due to being mostly away lately.
    Three of Seven: Well, I hope you are getting settled back into the community just fine! And if you run into any problems, you can always get in touch!

Petrarch: Pick a spot, pull up a chair, put your feet up and I hope you find yourself relaxing back into the old groove with the UFP!

Jonathan: Never too new or old to give feedback. We welcome it none the less.

I will now rate all the FEO.

Sammygm: 10/10 - He is doing good gaming online.
    Petrarch: 9/10 - He didn't rig the screenshot contest in my favour.
    Jordan: Provisional 11/10 if he makes a pink theme, otherwise, 0/10.
    Jonathan: 10/10 - Does some serious stuff that I don't understand.
    Three of Seven: 0/10 - If ypu think about it, what even is a Fleet Admiral?
    Three of Seven: I feel like my rating is unjustified here, how can you be so mean?

Petrarch: Indeed, the screenshot contest certainly wasn't rigged, old Petrarch here doesn't play favourites!

Jordan: Only if Three demands my job for a pink theme.

Jonathan: *tips fedora*

Sammygm: I don't deserve that score.

I have yet t experience a poorly run executive office here.
    Three of Seven: That's great to hear!

Petrarch: Thank you!

Jonathan: Thanks!

Meow!! Purr purrr...
    Three of Seven: Hello Archer! Are you excited for Christmas!

Petrarch: Not enough dogs here. Woof Woof, Cooper's ready for Christmas!
    Attachment 14259

Keep up the good work.
    Three of Seven: Will do, don't you worry about it!

Petrarch: We'll keep it going into 2021 and beyond.

Jonathan: Will do.

During time of Covid - and people actually getting sick and dying, the need for rollcall could have been suspended. If a member only came for 5 minutes to "get away" from all the Covid issues - then thats a win for mental health. The Executive should have placed all 2020 roll calls on hold and actually encouraged members and guests to interact without the hassle and in some ways the petty issue of having to attend roll calls (otherwise after missing 2 your account will be suspended) - again in the year that was 2020 this seems to be a petty matter to attend to.
    Three of Seven: There is not much we can do about people getting sick, and dying, you are putting too much responsibility on us there! Roll Call is a quarterly thing that takes a few seconds to complete, it helps us keep track of who is active, and who isn't, and it really isn't reminding people of COVID, if you are unable to sign Roll Call, there is the LoA system. Roll Call brings people back onto the forums every quarter too, so they can catch up on what has happened, as things may have changed, some people don't come onto the forums all that often.

I can also tell you that missing 2 Roll Calls will not get your account suspended, you will simply be dropped back down to a CL1 member, at which point, you are free to rejoin as a CL3, as many people have without issue. Yes, this year has been awful, I can tell you that my mental heath has nosedived this year, as it has with many others, I know, but to suggest suspending Roll Call could have helped this is not something I can agree with.

Petrarch: Three said it best above. With everything that's happened in 2020 (and will no doubt be continuing into much of 2021) it has been an exceptionally trying and hard year and all of us are doing our best to get through it with each person coping as they can. Many have got sick, many have died, many have found themselves jobless or otherwise having a rough ride of things. Our asking for a few seconds of time every three months for people to check in to make sure you're ok and around falls far short of what I'd consider a hardship or a petty matter and I don't understand how halting it would have made any perceptible difference to real life one way or another.

Jonathan: Echoing Three and Petrarch. Roll call takes maybe 30 seconds of your time, once every three months. And if you have a lot going on in your real life, you are able to put in a Leave of Absence which will exempt you from roll call. This system is in place to monitor activity of our members so we can clear out inactive ones, to make way for those who are more active. And if you do get removed by roll call, you can immediately reapply and you're back in.

Considering the services we offer our members, we must have pragmatic and sensible safeguards like roll call to ensure we can continue to provide these services in the future. But taking maybe 30 seconds out of your day, once every 3 months is really not a big ask.

Sammygm: This is a bit unfair. Our roll call gives is valuable insight on how our community is doing, it's a good way to find out how many members we retain after every 3 months. Without it our forum member base would be heavily bloated and inaccurate for potential new members. I know times are tough, but asking a minute of your time to fill a roll call is nothing to keep this forum clean. You do in fact not get suspended after missing two roll calls you just get bumped back down to CL1 where you can still interact with the forum, but just have limited access to our in-game guilds, to regain access to everything all you have to do is just reapply.

Just be happy its not every month like back in the day.

I like the giveaways that you guys are doing as its very generous!
    Three of Seven: Thank you, but most of them are down to the generosity of others, so they deserve full credit, should they wish to stand up and take it! I don't know if they prefer to remain anonymous, but I do thank all those who help make sure these giveaways happen, including our generous subscribers who help ensure we can do an end of year giveaway!

Petrarch: Credit definitely goes to the community members rather than ourselves. FEO may run the giveaways, but much of it wouldn't be possible without the donations, gifts and generous spirit of you folks giving back to each other. Be it games, items or helping to keep the server hamsters fed, thank you to everyone.

Jonathan: We can only do these giveaways with the support of our membership.

Sammygm: Don't thank us, thank our generous members that make these huge giveaways possible!
    I shall make an effort to learn and form an opinion by the next roll call
    Three of Seven: Why learn, when you can assimilate?

Website December Approval Rating: 99% (-1%)
    Website September Approval Rating: 100%

Strongly Approve: 29% (-1%)
    Approve: 18% (+2%)
    Neutral: 52.5% (-0.5%)
    Disapprove: 0.5% (+0.5%)
    Strongly Disapprove: 0% (0%)

I'm always impressed by the quality and ease of use of the community site. It is absolutely stellar!
    The site looks fantastic, but finding information could be streamlined a bit better
    It does! I enjoy logging on every day checking what's new, talking to others, taking part in discussions and meeting new friends.
    i love website
    Don't feel like I should be able to really vote on these right now due to being mostly away lately.
    Jordan: Any experience with the website can be critiqued and improved, regardless of the time you spend on it.

very professionally ran website
    We just need a pink theme, and then it's perfect.
    Three of Seven: I agree, engage pink alert!

Petrarch: How 'bout NO?

It's AMAZING!
    Yes generally easy to use
    I'm still learning to navigate is all... but it is pretty easy I just click on something instead of what I want but that's my fault not yalls.... but great website easy to follow up od you know what you're doing lol
    MEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW
    Three of Seven: Archer, can you stop trying to sleep on my keyboard please!

Have not noticed any degradation since the beginning of my now concluded absence.
    Jordan: Thank you for all the comments, if you have any improvements you wish to see implemented please let me know! (No one has yet done so Sad)