Unlocked Fri 05 Mar, 2021 7:03 PM

10.71% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Morris
    Reply With QuoteQuote
     –  Last edited by Bentusi; Tue 29 Dec, 2020 2:02 AM.
    So, I just got the Overpowered and Overgunned trait from the Anniversary Bundle and I'm having trouble determining if it's worth slotting or not, and if so, which trait to replace. With my current build I have just under 40% critical chance (the game tells me the trait will be active for 8.8 seconds)

I'm running a fleet exploration cruiser with a Beam Overload build and I currently have:

Emergency Weapon Cycle
    Superweapon Ingenuity
    Calm before the Storm
    Supercharged Weapons (I have a torpedo)
    Honoured Dead*
    Preferential Targetting (I've slotted a dummy cannon scatter volley for this)

I also have access to:
    History Will Remember
    Heart of Sol

So, I'm wondering:
    1. Which trait, if any, should be replaced by Overpowered and Overgunned, keeping in mind that I'll have to time CSV correctly in relation to BO to avoid any overlap, which I'm not sure I'll be reliably able to do
    2. While we're at it, if I should replace any other traits for the two traits I have not selected

*I need Honoured Dead as I often don't notice that I need to heal during combat, and that trait is a tremendous help in keeping me alive

Thanks in advance!
  1. Gold Contributor

• Commendation
      Commendation (150 Points)

Awarded during the UFP Award Ceremony to those who go above and beyond for the community

Unlocked Sat 25 Sep, 2021 9:24 PM

0.24% have received this achievement

• Highly Decorated
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Receive every medal the UFP has to offer

Unlocked Sat 26 Jun, 2021 9:01 PM

0.18% have received this achievement

• Gold Contributor
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Subscribe to a monthly Gold Subscription

Unlocked Fri 10 Apr, 2020 8:02 AM

0.36% have received this achievement

• Pillar of the Community
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Be a registered user for 10 years

Unlocked Sat 23 Apr, 2022 9:05 PM

34.52% have received this achievement

• Dedicated
      Rare (50 Points)

Volunteer for 1+ year

Unlocked Sun 07 Mar, 2021 10:01 PM

0.54% have received this achievement

• The Fool
      Rare (50 Points)

Got pranked on April 1st

Unlocked 3 Weeks Ago

0.46% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Mack
    • Kyuusaku
    • Miles
    Reply With QuoteQuote
    Just based on what you've shared so far, I think that you've already got the best starship traits for your situation...if you are using the 3-piece Lorca's Ambition Set, from the Discovery Reputation, and have a Torpedo Spread Bridge Officer ability slotted. If not, then I'd probably replace Supercharged Weapons with Overpowered and Overgunned, or Heart of Sol...it's probably a toss up as to which would work better for you. Supercharged Weapons procs on torpedos fired. The 3-piece Lorca's Ambition Set fires an extra torpedo at each enemy one time as they drop below 50% health. Torpedo Spread fires extra torpedos on firing cycles with TS active. Each of those extra torpedos procs Supercharged Weapons. So, you can pretty much keep Supercharged Weapons maxed out most of, if not all of the time!

As an aside, if you have The Best Diplomat Starship Trait, try swapping out Preferential Targeting for it...especially if you're not using an Aux2Batt build. It'll vary by build, but for myself, I've found that The Best Diplomat gives a higher damage boost than Preferential Targeting, and as another bonus, it frees up a Bridge Officer slot for Kemocite Laced Weapons, or a higher version of Torpedo Spread, since Cannon Scatter Volley is no longer needed for proc'ing Preferential Targeting anymore. If you are using Aux2Batt, The Best Diplomat may still be better, but you'll need to test on your specific build to find out for sure. In this case, it may still be beneficial for you to slot it, because of gaining another active Tactical Bridge Officer ability. Like I said, test to find out what works better for you.

Sorry for the long ramble. I'm a little tired as I write this. I hope that it helps! If you want to post a more complete picture of your build, I'll be happy to share any advice that I may have. I'm sure that there are others as well that'll be happy to chime in on it.

Also, check out the Events tab. Special Operations hosts events fairly regularly on Saturdays. They're a good opportunity to test out your builds, get advice from fellow fleetmates, and just hang out and have fun! I hope to see you there!

Best of luck to you!
    Morris
    Morris Medals
    • Paragon of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Sign three roll calls in a row

Unlocked Thu 03 Jun, 2021 10:02 PM

9.74% have received this achievement

• Starfleet's Finest
      Common (10 Points)

Be a member of Starfleet Operations

Unlocked Tue 03 Nov, 2020 2:03 AM

28.07% have received this achievement

• tlhIngan SuvwI'
      Common (10 Points)

Be a member of the House of Kular

Unlocked Thu 03 Dec, 2020 11:01 PM

13.08% have received this achievement

• Engage
      Common (10 Points)

Join the United Federation of Planets

Unlocked Tue 03 Nov, 2020 2:03 AM

32.67% have received this achievement

• Reliable Officer
      Common (10 Points)

Sign roll call

Unlocked Thu 03 Dec, 2020 11:01 PM

13.87% have received this achievement

• Exemplary Officer
      Common (10 Points)

Sign two roll calls in a row

Unlocked Fri 05 Mar, 2021 7:03 PM

10.71% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Morris
    Reply With QuoteQuote
     –  Last edited by Bentusi; Tue 29 Dec, 2020 4:37 AM.
    Thanks for the reply!

Yeah I actually only have the Lorca 2-piece (console + torpedo) with torpedo spread, I didn't go for the dual beam as the Galaxy is slow as hell to turn and I didn't think DBB would work (plus the beam color doesn't fit with the ship Tongue Out). That being said I haven't considered the synergy between the 3-piece bonus and Supercharged Weapons, so I'll give it a try (but would it still be worth it even if I don't have the 3-piece?)

Otherwise, as I only have 1 lieutenant tactical slot for either CSV, APB or kemocite laced, the rest will depend on which ability I choose for that slot. So,
    1. Keep CSV, replace Supercharged Weapons with Overpowered and Overgunned
    2. Replace CSV
    - with APB: replace Supercharged Weapons and Preferential Targeting with Heart of Sol and either History Will Remember or maybe The Best Diplomat (I do use Aux2Bat)
    - with Kemocite Laced: replace Supercharged Weapons and Preferential Targeting with History Will Remember and The Best Diplomat

I guess I'll have lots of testing to do Tongue Out
  2. Gold Contributor

• Commendation
      Commendation (150 Points)

Awarded during the UFP Award Ceremony to those who go above and beyond for the community

Unlocked Sat 25 Sep, 2021 9:24 PM

0.24% have received this achievement

• Highly Decorated
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Receive every medal the UFP has to offer

Unlocked Sat 26 Jun, 2021 9:01 PM

0.18% have received this achievement

• Gold Contributor
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Subscribe to a monthly Gold Subscription

Unlocked Fri 10 Apr, 2020 8:02 AM

0.36% have received this achievement

• Pillar of the Community
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Be a registered user for 10 years

Unlocked Sat 23 Apr, 2022 9:05 PM

34.52% have received this achievement

• Dedicated
      Rare (50 Points)

Volunteer for 1+ year

Unlocked Sun 07 Mar, 2021 10:01 PM

0.54% have received this achievement

• The Fool
      Rare (50 Points)

Got pranked on April 1st

Unlocked 3 Weeks Ago

0.46% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Miles
    Reply With QuoteQuote
    Thanks for the reply!

Yeah I actually only have the Lorca 2-piece (console + torpedo) with torpedo spread, I didn't go for the dual beam as the Galaxy is slow as hell to turn and I didn't think DBB would work (plus the beam color doesn't fit with the ship Tongue Out). That being said I haven't considered the synergy between the 3-piece bonus and Supercharged Weapons, so I'll give it a try (but would it still be worth it even if I don't have the 3-piece?)

Otherwise, as I only have 1 lieutenant tactical slot for either CSV, APB or kemocite laced, the rest will depend on which ability I choose for that slot. So,
    1. Keep CSV, replace Supercharged Weapons with Overpowered and Overgunned
    2. Replace CSV
    - with APB: replace Supercharged Weapons and Preferential Targeting with Heart of Sol and either History Will Remember or maybe The Best Diplomat (I do use Aux2Bat)
    - with Kemocite Laced: replace Supercharged Weapons and Preferential Targeting with History Will Remember and The Best Diplomat

I guess I'll have lots of testing to do Tongue Out
    You'll be fine with the 2-piece set, as long as you have a torpedo spread slotted. If you drop Preferential Targeting for The Best Diplomat (which I'd personally recommend), and you don't have Attack Pattern Beta yet, then I'd swap Cannon Scatter Volley for APB over Kemocite Laced Weapons, though I'd probably test it each way. KLW has a tendency to over-perform with the Dark Matter Quantum Torpedo. Depending on how it works out for you, KLW may be worth it, but my guess is that APB will ultimately work out better for you.

My reasoning for using The Best Diplomat: Aux2Batt will boost Shield Power and Engine Power, partially making up for the loss of Auxiliary Power in The Best Diplomat's damage boost calculation. Because you have a limited amount of Tactical seats available to you, I definitely see a benefit in giving up the dead seat of CSV and replacing it with APB, or maybe KLW. With Aux2Batt, and the accompanying Technician Duty Officers, you can keep APB up for most of the time, which is a lot of debuffing on your enemies! That should increase your damage output by a decent bit. If you kept Preferential Targeting, you'd have to keep CSV, which does nothing for you, but proc Preferential Targeting. I'm fairly certain that The Best Diplomat/ APB combo will work out better for you.

As far as the options that you listed go, Option 1 works fine, if you decide to keep Preferential Targeting. As far as the others go, I'd stay away from History Will Remember, unless you are building a tank, in which case you'd be running a Fire at Will build, which you currently are not.

Here are my options, in order of preference:

1) Replace Preferential Targeting with The Best Diplomat, replace CSV with APB...done!

2) Keep Preferential Targeting, replace Supercharged Weapons with Overpowered and Overgunned, or maybe Heart of Sol.

3) Replace Preferential Targeting with The Best Diplomat, replace CSV with KLW.

Of those options that I've listed, I believe that 1 will be better than 2, but maybe not by much...3 will most likely always be third best, but it's worth testing out to be sure.

Good luck, and have fun!
    Morris
    Morris Medals