• Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • LogicalLeopard
    USS Renegade
    Bridge

After the bullets were launched

Attachment 15327

William stood behind the command chair with a smug look on his face. "Helm, set a course back to Syndicate territory, maximum warp." He said. The officer nodded. Bill had a look at the sensors & said, "Looks like they neutralized the bullets," he said, "Somehow, they figured it out." Will rolled his eyes, saying, "Typical. Prep to activate the cloak." Helmsley nodded, then saw a couple of blips on sensors following them. "Will, we have a small fighter wing in pursuit. Shal I bring weapons-" Storm shook his head & said, "They won't keep up. I did some fighter training in my academy days & those things aren't as quick as you think." Bill nodded & said, "Your call, of course. Cloak is ready."

"Alright," William said, "dip us into subspace." A distortion wave emanated from the deflector dish, quickly enveloping the ship. In a matter of seconds, the ship vanished.

William slapped Helmsley on the back & said, "I'd call this a successful mission." Bill shrugged, saying, "The weapon wasn't-" Will cut across him, saying, "I knew they weren't going to get to fire it. Starfleet...no...My son is too good to let it happen. You want a glass of whiskey?" Bill smiled an asked, "Is it the old Jack Daniels?"

Attachment 15327
    JoshBroughm
    JoshBroughm Medals
    • Commendation
      Commendation (150 Points)

Awarded during the UFP Award Ceremony to those who go above and beyond for the community

Unlocked Sat 23 Mar, 2019 11:47 PM

0.22% have received this achievement

• Highly Decorated
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Receive every medal the UFP has to offer

Unlocked Sat 25 Mar, 2017 10:41 PM

0.18% have received this achievement

• Pillar of the Community
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Be a registered user for 10 years

Unlocked Thu 18 Feb, 2021 9:02 AM

34.22% have received this achievement

• ...and On and On
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Reach five-thousand posts on the forums

Grandfathered

0.08% have received this achievement

• Dedicated
      Rare (50 Points)

Volunteer for 1+ year

Unlocked Fri 05 Oct, 2018 12:14 AM

0.54% have received this achievement

• The Fool
      Rare (50 Points)

Got pranked on April 1st

Unlocked Thu 01 Apr, 2021 2:22 PM

0.32% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Josh Broughm
    • LogicalLeopard
    U.S.S. ARES – Present Day
    Deck 8 – Main Sickbay, Medical Complex

Christopher staggered at Sam’s bedside as the ship shook. He didn’t even have time to say anything when the lights changed and the red alert klaxon started to blare. Moving swiftly to a console, Christopher silenced the alarm, “Mel, get all personnel to their emergency stations, then prep sickbay to receive more casualties.”

Mell nodded as she dashed away reaching for her comm badge.

Christopher tapped his own badge, “Cushing to Han, Jei, don’t go to the triage centre, get yourself sickbay on the double.” Christopher didn’t wait for a reply as he knew Jei would follow orders, especially as they didn’t know if the triage centre would be needed.

Moving among the existing sick bay occupants, Christopher assessed each one as he passed the biobeds. Those who couldn’t be moved, he secured to the bed. Those who could be moved, he sent to their quarters to remain safe until the red alert was over.

The ship shook again, worse this time and he staggered into the ICU to see Med Tech Jordan Hale struggling to rise from the floor with a large cut on his forehead. Grabbing a dressing, Christopher helped the man up and pressed the absorbent material against the wound. “Jordan, you’re going to have to keep pressure against this until Akyv or Mel can come deal with it properly.” Jordan merely nodded.

Deck 12 – Triage Center

By training and instinct, Jei picked herself off the floor between the violent shuttering of the ARES. She knew there would be casualties, thus she knew she had to prepare for them. Fortunately, she was in the Triage center studying when the first impact hit.

Jei scrambled to the nearby supply cabinet and pulled out her medical kit and grabbed a medical tricorder. While still on one knee, using the wall to help brace herself from the additional shuddering of the deck plates, Jei quickly flipped open the tricorder and ensured that it was functional.

=^= Cushing to Han, Jei, don’t go to the triage centre, get yourself sickbay on the double. =^=

Jei looked around and saw Nurse Phan and Petty Officer Leslie enter the small medical center.

“Hailey, Jon… you two have to handle things here. CMO wants me up in Sick Bay… if you get overwhelmed, send them up there. Ok?” instructed Jei.

The two nodded and Jei headed out and toward the nearby Medical Turbolift used for medical emergencies. It was a direct shot up to Deck 8’s Main Sickbay. The lift opened as she approached and she moved inside. “Sickbay” she simply stated and within moments, the lift rapidly accelerated towards Main Sickbay.

“Why is this ship always being crippled… I wonder if we’ll have to use the lifepods this time…” pondered Jei as the turbolift took her directly to Sickbay.

When the lift doors opened, Jei could only hear the sounds of chaos. It was dark with only emergency lighting. Yet there were dozens of injured crew scattered about here and there, with more streaming into the Medical Complex as the medical staff worked to bring order to the chaos.

Immediately, Jei looked about to find her mentor.

Christopher checked on the two occupants of ICU and, satisfied that they weren’t in any immediate medical danger, he walked back into the main sickbay. He could see Akyv moving among the patients that had come into sickbay, directing them to areas to wait or beds if their condition was bad. “Akyv, when you get two seconds, go check on Jordan, he’s got a nasty cut on his forehead that’ll need sealing and he probably has a concussion.”

Jei entered ICU just as the ARES shook from a major hit. She instinctively, grabbed onto the entryway frame as she spotted Christopher near a biobed some twenty meters away. As the thundering sound of hull and framework shifting due to the kinetic energy of whatever impact subsided, Jei heard a concerning and familiar high-pitched sound. Within nanoseconds, Jei’s trained technician eyes scanned the power junctions and conduits for the malfunctioning one.

The ship lurched underneath Christopher’s feet and he fell against the side of Sam’s biobed. As he was catching his breath for a moment, he heard the unmistakable sound of an EPS conduit overload in the wall behind Sam’s bed. With seconds before it ruptured, Christopher made a critical decision. He jumped up, hit the emergency restraint release and pushed Sam off the bed. Locking eyes with Sam as the diplomat looked back at him in surprise, Christopher gave Sam a small smile as the wall behind the bed exploded.

From across the room, Jei saw the unmistakable signs of the EPS conduit overloading. Then her heart sank and nearly stopped when they fell upon Christopher as he shielded his patient from the impending explosion. The horror of seeing her mentor, and closest friend, flung across sickbay as his body absorbed the totality of the kinetic explosion caused her to scream out. “NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!”

Christopher was lifted into the air and thrown across sickbay. When he landed, Christopher felt very little pain. Fighting for breath, Christopher couldn’t understand why everything sounded so far away. He could see Jei’s face looking down at him, she was saying something, but Christopher couldn’t hear her.

Through tears, Jei futilely tried to assess Christopher’s injuries to find a way to save him, even though she could tell his body was shattered beyond saving and he only moments to live. Even when down, Christopher tried to talk. Jei leaned close to hear over the cacophony of sounds.

At this moment, it was as if time slowed. Christopher touched her face and whispered something only Jei could hear. Hearing his words, his final words, Jei could only nod as she was unable to find her own voice through her own tears and grief.

Trying to speak again, he found that he didn’t have the breath for it. Christopher felt both of Jei’s hands on his, holding it tightly, as if she couldn’t let go. At that moment, Christopher could only see the look of sadness on Jei’s face as his world turned black.

Jei felt the life leave Christopher when his hand went limp. She buried her head onto his chest and cried out. Nearly a decade ago, she lost another mentor, the tellarite engineer, and the only other person she truly let in her heart and mind.

With her head on Christopher’s chest, she heard his commbadge call out.

=^= Dr. Cushing, what's your status?=^=

No response. Jones furrowed her brow.

=^= Sickbay, respond. =^=

Ignoring the Captain for a moment, Jei had her priorities that she needed to attend to. With the softest of touches and a gentle hand, Jei closed her friend’s eyes. Jei cradled Christopher’s lifeless body for a moment and whispered something before easing his head down onto the ground. Though battered, bloodied, and broken, Jei nevertheless ensured that Christopher remained dignified.

“Computer, please note the date and time. Log for the record, Commander Christopher Cushing as killed in action as reported by myself, Ensign Han,” solemnly stated Jei.

Mel looked at Jei through her own tear-filled eyes.

Jei simply nodded and hit her commbadge. =^= Bridge, this is Sickday. Commander Cushing is KIA. =^=

Mariella audibly gasped. Max froze when he heard the news. Jones composed herself and said, =^= On my way. =^=

Jei shook her head in disbelief. =^=With all due respect Captain, there isn’t anything you could do down here except get in the way. How about avenging Christopher and several others from the center seat instead?=^=

Mel looked at Jei in shock. Jei shrugged it off, as she was emotionally drained and suddenly tired of everything. “Mel, we need to get things back in order. Start triage with the incoming casualties. Treat what you can…”

Jei unzipped her uniform jacket and took it off. She knelt down next to Christopher for a moment before covering him with it. “It is what he would want. We will handle and treat our crew. We’ll have time later to grieve…”

“Mel, funnel all critical cases to ICU, I’ll take them there…” Jei saw Akyv helping her husband up off the ground. “Akyv? Right, once you get your husband situated, assist Mel with the triage,” ordered Jei.
    Silynn
    Silynn Medals
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Unlocked Mon 26 Aug, 2019 11:07 PM

• The Ghost Writer
      Rare (50 Points)

Be the Commanding Officer of the Roleplay Division

Unlocked Wed 23 Jun, 2021 10:02 PM

0.04% have received this achievement

• Commodore
      Rare (50 Points)

Receive a promotion to the rank of Commodore

Unlocked Wed 23 Jun, 2021 9:11 PM

0.48% have received this achievement

• Captain
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Ascend the ranks to reach the Captains chair

Unlocked Tue 31 Jan, 2012 5:44 PM

0.67% have received this achievement

• Paragon of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Sign three roll calls in a row

Unlocked Mon 28 Sep, 2015 8:01 PM

9.77% have received this achievement

• Highly Decorated
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Unlocked Sat 24 Sep, 2022 9:00 PM

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • LogicalLeopard
     –  Last edited by Josh Broughm; Thu 02 Sep, 2021 10:49 AM.

Attachment 15327

Akyv was stunned by the brave act of Dr. Cushing saving Sam. She shook herself out of it, helped Sam up & gave him a peck on the cheek.

Jei saw Akyv helping her husband up off the ground. “Akyv? Right, once you get your husband situated, assist Mel with the triage,” ordered Jei.
    Akyv nodded and said, "Right." She turned to Sam & said, handing him a Padd with the casualty report, "Might as well get you to run this to the Bridge." Sam nodded, gave her a kiss and he headed off to the bridge.

Deck 1 – Bridge

Sam stepped on the bridge & saw Capt. Jones. Mariella quickly approached him, asking, "How?" Sam said, "EPS conduit exploded behind the bed I was being treated on. He shoved me off & took the full force. There was no saving him." Max was listening closely & intently. "Was he the only one?" Jones asked. Urquhart said, "So far, yes." Jones ran her hand through her hair & asked, "Who's the ranking officer handling things down there?" Sam shrugged and said, "I really couldn't tell you. Um...I think Jei Han is handling things down there." Jones tapped her badge and said...

=^= Ensign Han, when you get cleared of things, report to my Ready Room. =^=

Storm handed her a PADD & said, "Full extent of the damage we took. Cole's notes version is that the warp engine has been depolarized & computer processors three and six are offline. We got hit with a low level EM pulse. We made out lucky." Jones simply said, "Not really. One life lost is one too many. Do we have thrusters?" Max nodded, saying, "Yeah." Jones turned to the helm officer and ordered, "Manual control only. Take us back to DS9." She then connected to the fighters...

=^= Attention all fighters, this is Ares. Report Status.=^=

=^=The enemy vessel escaped. I tried to follow but it was simply too fast. All i could do was log the vector and ping it with all my sensors one more time before it went beyond range. Before the hanger bay exit was shut four of us managed to scramble. I've got us in 2 wings, we're currently running a Combat Space Patrol with one wing, a point defence perimeter is maintained by the other. As we're not able to dock at this time we'll be doing so until the hanger ba is fixed and other fighters can be launched to relieve us. You're as safe from ouside attack as we can make you Captain!=^= Schrit answered just returning from the attempted persuit of the Enemy ship.
    =^= Meet up at DS9. I'll debrief you there. Ares out.=^=

"We should give his kid a lot of credit for saving our asses." Max said plainly. Sam blinked a bit, saying, "Who put what in the what now?" Mariella handed Sam the note that was sent to her. "That," Jones stated, "saved us from being a pile of debris." A dower look came over Max. He was now visibly angry. Mariella noticed this & told him, "We'll get him, don't worry."

Max sat in one of the bridge chairs and said, "I put blame for Chris' death squarely on his shoulders." Suddenly, Max yawned loudly. Jones patted him on the shoulder and said, "Go get some rest." Max shrugged, saying, "I'm fine." She held his shoulder & said, "Wasn't a suggestion, Lt. Cmdr." Max just said, rubbing his face, saying, "Aye." He got up and left to get some sleep.

Mariella took a slow lap around the bridge & said, "This ship has gone through two captains in less than a year. I come on board & nearly get the ship destroyed. Sam, is this ship cursed?" Sam laughed a bit, saying, "No one believes that. We've just had a run of bad luck. I can liken this to a game of Tarbish, where we keep making a lot of misplays." Jones just said, "Just a run of bad luck."

Ares now started to creep towards the station, crippled, but still in one piece.
    JoshBroughm
    JoshBroughm Medals
      Very Rare (100 Points)

• The Ghost Writer
      Rare (50 Points)

• Commodore
      Rare (50 Points)

• Captain
      Uncommon (25 Points)

• Paragon of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

• Highly Decorated
      Very Rare (100 Points)

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • LogicalLeopard
    USS Ares
    Max's quarters

Attachment 15327

Max got into his quarters shortly after being ordered to rest. He was beat, grimy & slightly wired. The first thing he did was get a sonic shower. After he got out of the shower, he saw that he had a message waiting for him. Max threw a pair of sleeping pants on, then sat at his desk & pulled up the message.

== Maxie, I heard about what happened. Dad has asked me to check in on you. I cannot believe William would steal a starship, much less assist a terrorist group. Thank god nothing came of that. The Athena will be at DS9 in two days. By then, I might have something for you regarding my 'dear' brother's actions. Try not to go off halfcocked, like you do. My comms are always open, if you want to talk.

With loving regards,
    Arianna M. Storm,
    Capt., USS Athena ==

Max closed the message & the console. He then replicated a coffee & did some thinking.

Why was it his father that betrayed his oath as a Starfleet Officer? Why did he help those terrorists? The only answer he could think of is 'Because He could'. That would be very selfish of him, He thought, But it is like him. Every birthday he had, it was a wild party. He loved it, every single bit of it. Now he's on the run for murder....well....Even if he doesn't know it. With how his ship operates, I doubt we will never be able to pin him down. I need to decompress.

Max then headed over to his drafting desk & started on a few weapon designs he had banging around in his head. After an hour, he headed for bed. No telling what sort of damage his father would do.
    Attachment 15327
    JoshBroughm
    JoshBroughm Medals
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Unlocked Sat 28 Aug, 2021 2:05 AM

• The Never Ending Sacrifice
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Win a Short Story Competition

Unlocked Sat 08 Apr, 2017 11:32 AM

• Stepping Forward
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Going from Clearance Level 3 to Clearance Level 4

Unlocked Sat 29 Sep, 2018 1:28 PM

1.91% have received this achievement

• Captain
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Unlocked Mon 29 Nov, 2021 10:23 AM

• Old School Gamer
      Common (10 Points)

Be a member of Starfleet Tactical

Grandfathered

7.02% have received this achievement

• Command Material
      Common (10 Points)

Sit and pass the Academy Command Exam

Unlocked Sat 05 Aug, 2017 3:02 PM

4.58% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Kiflin
    • LogicalLeopard
    USS Ares
    Deck 2 - Crew quarters - van Hulftoids's quarters

Attachment 15327

Unlike most other officers who had been on duty during the USS Ares's near destruction, or his collegues with whom he'd carried out the successfull rescue operation, Schrit hadn't had the option of being relieved of his duties handing over the tasks that needed to be done to an officer of the Beta or another shift, with "fresh" officers after the battle. He would have wanted to but both his sense of duty and his bad luck wouldn't allow it. The Ares had been damaged so severely that he had the fighters that had made it out of the hanger bay before its exit slammed shut fly Combat space partoll around the Ares, and had taken it upon himself to make sure the area the Ares would crawl its way home through on thrusters was empty amd safe.

The repair crews, and other teams from engineering, though working tirelessly repairing damage from the moment the battle had started, either weren't aware of the fighters still out in space, or felt making sure the fighters and their pilots that had been through the battle were relieved by the fighters and pilots who'd been unable to get out in time to contribute to the battle had no priority at all. This resulted in no repairs having even been put on the to do list of any of the repair crews, and that the fighters had nowhere they could land their ships, forcing them to make the journey all the way to Deep Space 9 before they too could finally be relieved. Of course there had not been a single second in which Schrit even considered the option of flying straight to DS9, and leaving the Ares to make the trip unescorted, despite the Captain's last message practically told the fighers to do exactly that.

So with more hours in the cockpit than he could remember ever having spent in one sorty, immediately following the rescue operation, it was 31 hours after Schrit had left his quarters when the door swished open and a boy with teary eyes leapt through the doorway into his arms. Danre had grabbed him so tightly that by the time they both hit the floor, due to Schrit's energy being nowehere near enough to catch his son and stay on his feet, Schrit nearly couldn't even draw breath into his lungs. The impact on the corridor's floot and the lack of a reciprocating hug from his father gave Danre such a jumpscare that his heart litterally hurt for about 5 beats. Never in his life had his father not cought Danre's hidden tiger flying hug move, as they had come to call his jump into his father's arms.

But within the same second in which his brain had assumed he had killed his father, his brain had gone through the logical reasoning that if his father had been so vulnarable that his life would be at risk from even a 12 year old boy jumping into his arms, his father woudn't have been here on deck 2. The medical staff would have had him in either sickbay or the triage fascility. Then even the notion that if his father had been that weak he wouldn't have exposed himself to the flying tiger hidden hug move, which he knew would happen as soon as Danre had a clear path and line of sight to his father.

The brain reassured within a second that Danre hadn't just killed his father, didn't mean thought that Danre's mind, or his physical reflexes, weren't lagging behind the braub and desperately trying to untangle the rest of the body from his father's and Danre's weight off his father's chest. Getting those three parts of Danre to work together and in a coherant fashion turned out to be a struggle at that particular time, not being helped by the confusion over some force that was tightly holding Danre's body pressed against his father's chest.

Only the voice of his father expelled all anxiety, fear or instinctive take over of cognative functions, when his father told him; "I love you so much that if there is any way i could ask to by, i would choose the Hidden Tiger, flying hug.". The feeling of his father's kiss on the top of his head was the moment Danre felt a Tsunami of emotions wash over him, as his brain, mind and body had simultaniously released all the emotional and physogolical pressure that they'd almost completely successfully ignored so far. Love, worry, anger, and a dozen more namelsee emotions flooded through him at that moment. As if it had waited for that wave of pent up, ignored and denied emotions, almost exploding out from the restraints that had kept them from doing so, the boy's central nerveous system took it as its queue to filter all the adrenaline, seratonin and dopamin out of Danre's blood and braintissue.

Then, in real time no more than 5 seconds after the two had hit the floor just outside their quarters, both Danre and Schrit begun to laugh. Snickering at first, guffawing a moment later and devolving into a fullon belly laugh which left the two, finally out of breath as well as out of energy, on the floor, next to each other, silently staring up at the corridor's ceiling no more than 20 centimeters from the door to their quarters. Neither of them had any need or wish to change their position they were in, perfectly fine with just being able to enjoy the fact they were still alive, and together, after been in situations that were far more probable to end their lives than not to.

Not until Ten or fifteen minutes later did Danre sit up, with a sigh. "Okay, Dad, i think we'd better get inside our quarters, before we find ourselves having to explain why two men are lying on their back centimeters from their quarters's doorway" said the 12 year old to his father. Noticing that the words he had spoken had actually woken up tha already sleeping fighterpilot/ex-marine. Danre couldn't surpress a stipid, face wide grinn for some reason.That smile stayed with him from that point on, until fifteen minutes later Schrit had been helped by his Son to get cleaned up and tucked into bed.

Schrit wouldn't be conscious again for the next 14 hours.

Attachment 15327
    DeuZige
    DeuZige Medals
    𝔡𝔢𝔲ℨ𝔦𝔤𝔢 𝔅𝔯𝔢𝔡𝔞
    • Stepping Forward
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Unlocked Sun 12 Jun, 2022 10:01 AM

• Commander
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Receive a promotion to the rank of Commander

Unlocked Sat 24 Sep, 2022 8:47 PM

0.64% have received this achievement

• Captain
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Unlocked Fri 04 Nov, 2022 1:05 PM

• Paragon of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Unlocked Fri 01 Mar, 2019 1:01 AM

• Eternal Servitude!
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Be a registered user for five years

Unlocked Mon 07 Aug, 2023 1:06 AM

74.94% have received this achievement

• Well Respected
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Reach reputation tier 6

Unlocked Sun 31 Mar, 2019 3:00 PM

0.70% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Josh Broughm
    • Silynn
    USS Ares
    Security Complex

Biiqs took another long sip of spiced raktajino, as his body fought to adjust itself back to the ship's day cycle. It had been a rough few days trying to get back to the Ares - sleeping in a lobby at the Federation Embassy until a shuttle was cleared to depart to DS9, wheedling his way onto it, and arriving just in time to see the Ares pull back in, scarred from battle.

With the sight of that, he didn't take any more time to himself other than 15 minutes to shower and change into a fresh uniform before he was in the security office, absorbing the battle log and reports on the rescue mission and anti-terrorist operation.
    The sheer amount of things that happened while on leave was amazing. "I should never go on vacation again," he murmured to himself.

The door chime activated, and Biiqs bid the officer to enter. It was Ensign Quiir entering with another PADD.

"More after action reports? Damage reports?"

No, Lt. Watson is still preparing those. This is concerning some of the low priority things from the past few days. Its been busy around here. Have you met the new captain, yet?

"New captain?" Biiqs froze. "Oh my stars, I....she's here? I heard we were getting...I came aboard and practically came straight here, I didn't think to even present myself to her."

"I think you'll be okay, sir. She seems rather negotiable. Or, charitable? What's the word?" Quiir rubbed a lobe in thought.

"Agreeable?"

"Yes, agreeable! She certainly cut it easy on Mr. Thane after the bar fight."

"Barfight!?"

"Oh yes, it happened in Quark's. It was a wonder to see! I was at the Tongo tables, so I had a good view. Even took a holo of myself next to the teeth still stuck in the bar. Quark is charging people to rub them for luck."

Biiqs gaped for a while, not knowing what to say. "He didn't end up in the brig, did he?"

"No, sir...."

"Good."

"Not like Jei."

"JEI!?" Biiqs barked in surprise, barely managing to swallow down his sip of raktajino before he spewed it across the desk. You mean Ensign Jeihee Han? How on earth did she end up in the brig?"

"I think the charge was assault, sir. I'm not sure, I was rotated out of Brig duty that night to inventory the small arms lockers. She wasn't here long, though."

Biiqs leaned forward, elbows on the desk, cradling his face in his hands. "I'm not sure whether or not I should never go on vacation again, or go back on vacation immediately...."
      Very Rare (100 Points)

• The Ghost Writer
      Rare (50 Points)

• Commodore
      Rare (50 Points)

• Captain
      Uncommon (25 Points)

• Paragon of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

• Highly Decorated
      Very Rare (100 Points)

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • LogicalLeopard
     –  Last edited by Josh Broughm; Fri 03 Sep, 2021 10:28 AM.
    JP with LogicalLepoard

USS Ares
    Max's quarters

Attachment 15327

Max got up, got dress and replicated an old earth fast food item, called a Sausage McMuffin with cheese. He scarfed it down with a cup of black coffee, then headed to the Security section.

Security complex

Max arrived at the complex a few minutes later. He noticed Biiqs chatting with one of his officers. "Hey Bix," Max said, "did you catch up with everything that happened?"

Biiqs turned away from Quiir, still slightly stunned. "Well, if you're talking about the ship's recent action, yes. But I suspect I'm still catching up with other goings-on. The ship has been very busy in a short amount of time. Remind me never to take leave again...ever. He sighed, and continued. "Sorry to hear about your father. I know you told me before that the two of you weren't on good terms, but I suspect this mission has been very jarring for you."

Max nodded and said, "Hell of a way to see my father after so many years. I'd like to question our prisoner."

"Sure," Biiqs said, rising to his feet. "I'll accompany you." An atypical dark front settled on Biiqs's countenance. "Our guest has a lot to answer for, namely our causalities." His jaw clenched as he thought about Chris Cushing and Azure King, one of his tactical officers. "Right this way...."

Max nodded and followed him to the holding cells, where Hollis just laid there, eyes open. "Well, Mr. Storm," he said, softly chuckling, "I can sense you are VERY angry." Max cocked his head & said, "You think? Get up." Hollis arose and approached the forcefield. "Do we have an interview room?" Max asked Biiqs.

"Not exactly. We can step inside the cell if you wish. The cell is equipped to record the proceedings, and the prisoner can be secured with restraints."

Max nodded and said, "Get him a cup of black coffee." He felt the odd look & explained, "I've read the book on interrogation techniques. I always opt for the kindness approach." Hollis said, "How thoughtful of you."

"Certainly." Biiqs suppressed a smile as he pondered if this would be a case of Good Cop/Bad Cop, or Good Cop/Good Cop. He was ready for either. A few moments later, he returned carrying a cup of coffee.
    "Anything else?"

"Just get me a chair," Max said, "It'll be a bit."

Biiqs retrieved two collapsible chairs, setting them up about four feet from the front of the cell and taking one for himself. He also signaled two guards with phaser rifles to stand by in case Max wanted to lower the force field.

Max sat down and placed the coffee cup at the edge of the forcefield & said, "Computer, drop lowest tenth of forcefield. Re-engage once prisoner has taken item." The computer beeped & the portion closest to the floor disengaged. Hollis cautiously pulled the cup into the cell & the forcefield came back to full strength. "Now for the formal part of this," Max stated, "You are formally under arrest under the following.....Kidnapping, Conspiracy to Commit Terrorist Acts, and Illegal Possession of a Weapon of Mass Destruction. Additional charges will likely follow from the Starfleet JAG Office. Thane likely rattled of your Miranda rights, so for the record, do you waive these rights?"

Hollis nodded and said, "For the record, I waive."

This caught Biiqs' attention. He hadn't expected Hollis to be so forthcoming. Guilty men willing to provide information usually presented as being a great deal more anxious than Hollis appeared. He appeared to have the confidence of someone who believed he would be exonerated. Or one that didn't care about the repercussions of his crime.

Max narrowed his eyes & said, "What are you playing at?" Hollis took a sip of the coffee and said, "I have been ordered to co-operate."

At this, Biiqs couldn't help indulge his curiosity. "By whom? And to what end?"

"Captain Storm." Hollis said simply, "Maybe I should start at the beginning."

"Thats usually the best place," Biiqs quipped dryly.

"My name is Arranis Hollis," He went on, "Chief of Technological development for Project Renegade." Max suddenly shot straight up in the chair. "I'm....SORRY?!?!"

"Project Renegade?" Biiqs noted Max's reaction and settled back into his chair, puzzled himself.

"Yeah," Hollis said and started in on the explanation, "Five years ago, the head of Memory Alpha R & D was looking for some sort of catch-all project to test multiple new technologies & see how they mesh together. I suggested that this could be done on a single ship, but it'd have to be an older design, as it would be able to hold up to the rigors of testing. He appointed me the lead & told me to get going."

Max sat back, let out a whistle and said, "So, you know every nook & cranny of that ship?" Arranis held up his hand and said, "Let me finish. It was about two years into the build that we went hunting for a CO for the ship. Your dad was the first applicant. It was apparent, looking through the other applicants that he was the best choice and when the ship was close to completion, I chose him. But he wanted his ENTIRE crew to come over with him. That was fine with me & it took me four months to walk their Chief engineer on how the new tech operated."

"So you're saying this ship is all part of a Starfleet-approved development project," Biiqs asked, keeping the skepticism out of his voice so that Hollis would continue to talk.

"Yeah," Hollis said, "The C-in-C came to us about two months ago & gave us a unique idea. What if one entire ship was given free reign on what they did, completely outside the regulations?" Hollis then leaned back against the wall, sitting on the bed. He went on, "Storm was absolutely perfect for this. He has always butted heads with various admirals on so many things. He wanted to do the right thing, regardless of what the regs said. So, he was given this thing & we decided to name the ship by that mission statement...Renegade. We launched about a month ago & instantly went to the Orion Syndicate to do a job for them. This terrorist thing was it."

"And you're saying all of this, the plot to destroy the wormhole, was also Starfleet approved?" Biiqs couldnt help the slightest bit of skepticism from intruding into his voice.

"Before we delivered the lance," Hollis said, "Will had me modify the weapon to overload upon discharge & set the indicator to full saturation, but lock the beam in a minimal power state." Max shook his head and said, "So dad never intended to help destroy the wormhole?" Arranis said, simply, "That was the idea. Your father is a genuinely good man." Max Huffed a bit & said, "Bullshit."

"I have to admit," Biiqs began, still sort of in good cop mode. "This does seem a bit hard to believe, even if the weapon was designed to be non-functional. If you want us to believe that, you're going to have to provide us with a lot of details regarding this project, your Starfleet handler, etc."

"Yeah, I can do that." Hollis said. He then downed the last of his coffee. "I'll give you everything on the Renegade. Specs, schematics, counter-defenses....everything.....aside from breaking the inversion cloak."

"Inversion cloak?"

"Its actually a device module," Hollis said, "than can work in concert with a ship's sensors. Thing is.....you'd have to be extremely close."

"How close? Biiqs prodded.

"Say around....40 Km away." Hollis said. Max said to Biiqs, "It isn't much, but its something."

"Yes. It certainly proved to be "something," didn't it? We're going to have to get your testimony down on all of this. I'll be right back with a PADD." Biiqs strode off to retrieve a prisoner-restricted padd to give to Hollis.

"There's one other thing," Arranis said, "Your father is dying." Max straightened up at this revelation. "I don't know what his exact condition is," Hollis went on, "but he's instructed Bill to find you, once his condition has gotten to a point where he cannot conceivably continue to command the Renegade. Then, he'll give up the ghost."

Max got up and walked away from the cell. He brace himself against the wall & bowed his head low.

Biiqs returned to see Max's change of mood. Approaching him, he said with a low voice. "Hey......what happened. What did he say to you?"

"He said dad is dying." Max said, taking a deep breath, "Here's the thing....I believe him." He composed himself and approached Hollis and said, "I believe you, but I want to know HOW you know this." Hollis said, "He told us. Before we left, he informed the entire crew that he was diagnosed with Alcar syndrome & is in stage two." Max looked at Biiqs and said, "Best i can describe, it's like the old earth disorder, Parkinson's."

"I see..." He didn't catch the medical reference, but the bottom line was clear. "I'm very sorry to hear that. Can nothing be done for it?"

"No," Max said, "It can be managed easily in stage one. Beyond that, you're just buying time before stage four, synapse degradation. Almost like your brain is rotting, slowly." Arranis said, "Exactly. My grandmother-"

Biiqs held up a hand. "Mr. Hollis, I think we've discussed enough for the time being. I'll be back in just a moment." He walked a few steps away to talk to Max semi privately.

"Can you take care of taking his full statement?" Max said, "I have to check on something."

"No problem." Biiqs gave Max a searching gaze. Check on something? Is it dealing with this case, or something personal?"

"Yeah, its personal," Max said, then headed out of the complex.

"Understood. I'll finish up here and talk with you later."

As Max left the security office, it dawned on Biiqs that he probably should have asked for more specifics, being that this case was both business and personal.

Attachment 15327
    JoshBroughm
    JoshBroughm Medals
      Very Rare (100 Points)

• The Ghost Writer
      Rare (50 Points)

• Commodore
      Rare (50 Points)

• Captain
      Uncommon (25 Points)

• Paragon of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

• Highly Decorated
      Very Rare (100 Points)

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • LogicalLeopard
     –  Last edited by Josh Broughm; Sun 05 Sep, 2021 12:46 PM.
    USS Ares
    Max's quarters

Attachment 15327

Max arrived back into his quarters shortly after leaving the security complex. He took off his uniform, threw it on the couch and sat at his desk. He then activated his computer console and said, "Computer, uplink to Storm Family archive & show me the active medical records of Captain William Storm." The computer beeped and showed the medical file of his father. He flipped through the file & found the most recent update:

General examination: Administered on ((two day before arrival at Bajor II))

Patient had a bout of extreme pain during this exam. Treated & observed for two hours. Overall condition: Deteriorating. Fitness for duty: FIT.
    CMO's Notes:

"During regular examination, William had an extreme bout of pain in his arms & legs. I immediately treated him with a slight neuro-depressant & applied a cortical monitor to patient, as to monitor his nervous system's condition. I've determined that he is in stage Three of Alcar syndrome, as the bout of extreme pain lasted two minutes. On a personal note, it is extremely hard watching my good friend go through this insidious syndrome. There's nothing I can do medically, but to help ease the pain & to medicate, as to slow the neurodegeneration. I fear that, within three months, we are going to lose him."
    Arn Sampson, CMO, USS renegade.

Max closed the console, just leaned back & closed his eyes.

((PLACEHOLDER FOR FLASHBACK))

About a half-hour later, the door chime roused him from his stupor of thought & said, "Its open!" The door swished open and Captain Jones stepped through & asked, "Are you alright?" Max rubbed his forehead and said, "I don't know. Seeing my father after two and some-odd years, really put me off my game a bit, then being reminded that he is going to pass....my head isn't in the right place now." Mariella sat on the couch & said, "I just got the damage assessment. Warp drive's going to need a slight rebuild. It'll take about three weeks, so it'll be a good time to take some leave."

Max nodded, saying, "That sounds good to me. Anything else, Ma'am?" Mariella said, "There is." Jones shifted her position to where she was now more comfortable. "Our previous XO has resigned from the fleet & has decided to enter into the private sector. I am now left with no first officer." Max arose, replicated a glass of orange juice & took a sip, saying, "Are you offering me the position?" Mariella nodded, "After what you did to save our diplomat & the work to neutralize the threat posed by the Shield, you deserve this. A major commendation will be added to your record as well." Max smiled and said, "I accept." Mariella stood, pulled a box from her jacket & said, "By authority of Starfleet Command, I do hereby promote you to the rank of Commander, with all the rights & privileges therein." She removed the black pip from Max's collar, placed it to one side, opened the small box & retrieved the gold pip within, placing it on his collar with the other two. Max felt a bit of pride well up, but was quickly depressed some by the racing thoughts in his head.

"Something about Hollis' testimony is confusing me," Max said, as he leant against the desk, "Something about the Commander-in-Chief approving some sort of...I don't know....'do whatever you want' mission." Jones had a look of confusion on her face, saying, "That is confusing. Do you think he is bullshitting us?" Max shook his had, saying, "If dad told him to co-operate, then I'd be inclined to believe him." Jones shifted a bit, saying, "It wouldn't be in the active mission database, then. Which means...." The look on Jones' face shifted to a sudden realization, "....I'm going to have to talk to the C-in-C. GOD DAMNIT!!" It was obvious to Max that she did not like the fact that she had to talk with the head of Starfleet. "I'd rather," Jones rambled off, "fight off five-hundred Borg with only a hunting knife, a straw & a paperclip!!" Max laughed & said, "Fair enough." They both exited & just strolled the ship, doing a cursory, casual inspection.

Attachment 15327
    JoshBroughm
    JoshBroughm Medals
  1. RPD Commanding Officer

• Commendation

Awarded during the UFP Award Ceremony to those who go above and beyond for the community

Unlocked Sat 25 Sep, 2021 9:23 PM

Very Rare (100 Points)

Unlocked Tue 27 Aug, 2019 10:03 AM

• The Ghost Writer
      Rare (50 Points)

Unlocked Fri 03 Jun, 2022 10:01 PM

• Vice Admiral
      Rare (50 Points)

Receive a promotion to the rank of Vice Admiral

Unlocked Sat 14 Oct, 2023 3:01 PM

0.27% have received this achievement

• To Boldly Go On and On
      Rare (50 Points)

Reach one-thousand posts on the forums

Unlocked Mon 13 Jun, 2022 9:02 AM

0.71% have received this achievement

• Well Respected
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Reach reputation tier 6

Unlocked Sun 24 Apr, 2022 3:07 PM

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Silynn
    • LogicalLeopard
     –  Last edited by Kiflin; Sun 12 Sep, 2021 12:56 PM.
    USS ARES Deck 15
    Transporter Room 5
    attachment.php?attachmentid=15327

Jarroth took a long look around the transporter room after he adjusted his bag upon his shoulder. He was definitely not upon the U.S.S. Huron anymore. As it was customary for any newly arriving Ensign, Jarroth put in a request to report a day early to Starship Ares. This would allow him more time to get physically acquainted with the ship, and get completely settled within his quarters. Giving his big a hard tug he proceeded towards the turbolift passing Secondary Computer Control, and what could end up becoming his Living quarters.

He frowned at the notion of living on Deck 14, despite it's obvious benefits in terms of being within close proximity of the upper level of Main Engineering. If something went catastrophically wrong which most often something always did, the radiation would mostly kill anyone on Deck 14, that is if the bulkheads didn't slam shut in time. Compressing his lips he shook his head at the thought of sleeping in his bunk and never waking up. Perish the thought.

Continuing on, Jarroth adjusted his second bag around his shoulder and took a look at the Secondary Aft Tractor Beam Control Room. Ares had been refitted since his original specs were given regarding the ships systems. He was curious as to what were the new limits and range of the Ares Tractor beam. The refit information wasn't common knowledge. He would need to learn as much as he could involving the refit documentation before he started his official work day.

Passing a few of the Junior Officers Ensign Jarroth recommenced his stride toward the turbolift. This time he passed the Plasma Transfer Conduits, and the Upper Secondary Computer Core areas. He noticed more then 10 crewman repairing several key terminals were large dark black swaths resembling phaser burns were residing. Jarroth simply smiled... It would seem that the Ares had seen some recent action.

9THl1eS

Jarroth stepped to the side as more men and women ran past him with repair kits. Then, finally Jarroth stopped to glance at Main Engineering. It seemed like more then half the ship was there. Looking up Jarroth could see the most of the lower deck area surrounding the warp core which was Deck 17. He was standing within the very heart of Ares... and it was as if the ship had just a received a heart attack.

Jarroth grinded his teeth as he finally reached the turbolift. Surprisingly, after it opened to release more Crewman no one else joined him inside. Upon hearing the ship computer ask him his destination he responded "Deck 1." Jarroth was eager to meet his Commanding Officer. Just before reaching Deck 1 the Turbolift made it's way past the Senior Bridge Officer Observation Lounge located upon Deck 2.

R5HCJ6s

Once he stepped out of the Turbolift he took a moment to look around the Bridge. He tried hard not to wrestle his lips from curling into a smile. A nearby Security Officer checked his identification and directed him towards the Captain's ready room. Taking a deep breath, Jarroth corrected his posture and stepped through the opening doors.

He just hoped that after his meeting was over and he was asked to assist in Main Engineering, he wouldn't have to take his bags with him...
    Kiflin
    Kiflin Medals
      Very Rare (100 Points)

• The Ghost Writer
      Rare (50 Points)

• Commodore
      Rare (50 Points)

• Captain
      Uncommon (25 Points)

• Paragon of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

• Highly Decorated
      Very Rare (100 Points)

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Kiflin
    • LogicalLeopard
    JP with Kiflin

USS Ares
    Bridge - Ready Room

Attachment 15327

It was about an hour or so after Capt. Jones & Cmdr. Storm made their small walk around the ship. Mariella sat at her desk & said, "So, do you have any suggestions to improve the ship?" Max went to the replicator and said, "Professionally, I'd shore up the Security department & try to get our fighter group a couple more bodies for rotational purposes. Coffee?" Jones nodded & said, "Black with half a teaspoon of sugar." Max handed her the cup, took a sip & grimaced. "Damn!" She said, "Replicator needs retuning. Ah well." She took another sip, then said, "Should be easy enough to get more bodies. I'll put the request in." Then a chime rang out. "COME!" Jones said loudly.

*Walks presents PADD and immediately assumes a stance of polished attention*

Max had a look at the officer & said, "Stiffer than I was when I first reported on board." Mariella stood & said, "At ease."

*Relaxes clasping his hands behind his back*

Mariella took the PADD from him & had a good look at it. "Major in tactical Strategy," Jones rattled off, "with a dabbling in Engineering. Very interesting." Max piped up and asked, "Run in the Academy Marathon?"

"Yes Sir, I finished 2nd in my class, Sir. There is not a day I don't think about it and I don't plan on coming in 2nd in anything ever again, Sir."

Storm nodded & asked, "Not easy, is it?" Mariella said, simply, "You can trade notes with each other later. Report to Lt. Cmdr. Tarquin for your specific assignment." Mariella turned around to her desk, stopped and said, "Have the Lt. Cmdr. report up here when he has a spare minute.""

"Yes Sir. "

*Pivots* and heads back through the doors towards the turbolift. Looks like he would be carrying his bags back down after all.

"As for equipment upgrades," Max said, "I'd get the sensors upgraded." Jones nodded, saying, "I'll mention it to the repair teams."

Attachment 15327
    JoshBroughm
    JoshBroughm Medals
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Unlocked Sat 28 Aug, 2021 2:05 AM

• The Never Ending Sacrifice
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Win a Short Story Competition

Unlocked Sat 08 Apr, 2017 11:32 AM

• Stepping Forward
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Unlocked Sat 29 Sep, 2018 1:28 PM

• Captain
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Unlocked Mon 29 Nov, 2021 10:23 AM

• Old School Gamer
      Common (10 Points)

Be a member of Starfleet Tactical

Grandfathered

7.02% have received this achievement

• Command Material
      Common (10 Points)

Sit and pass the Academy Command Exam

Unlocked Sat 05 Aug, 2017 3:02 PM

4.58% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Kiflin
    • LogicalLeopard
    ==Deck 2, van Hulftoids’s quarters==
    Name:  afbeelding_2021-09-10_001649.png
Views: 249
Size:  1.5 KB

After Schrit had woken up, took a sonic shower and had a cup of coffee, he noticed his Son was unusually quiet. He’d also gone out of his way to keep a distance from Schrit, seemingly as to not give reason for him to start a conversation. Schrit knew why of course. During the whole crisis Danre had done things and knew things that even though they saved the Ares, and Schrit himself, Danre shouldn’t have been able to know or do. Schrit took a deep breath, and knowing they’d be getting the call to explain themselves, put on his responsible father mask.

“Do you think that by avoiding and ignoring the elephant in the room, the whole thing will just blow over?” Schrit asked, setting down his coffee on the table before him without looking up from the PADD he was reading.

Danre looked up from his own reading, somewhat startled even though he had known this was coming, sooner or later. He’d hoped to have more time to think of what he was going to say. Seems time had run out.

“No.” Danre answered.

Schrit then turned to face Danre, and pointed to the chair across the small livingroom table, indicating his son should take a seat. Danre sighed, got up and walked to the chair without looking at his father. Than he sat down and glanced at Schrit. To his surprise the expression on his father’s face was… benevolent?

“Before we get to the how, what and whatnot, I want you to know that I am fully aware of, and grateful for, the fact that your actions and information saved everyone that’s still alive on the USS Ares, and those of us in the fighter squadron that got out to face the enemy. If I know, you can be sure someone like the Captain knows too.” Schrit said.

Danre didn’t know what to say in reply. He kind of suspected this talk would be all about the way he hacked into the Ares’s systems, circumvented security protocols to send a message, compiled kernel upgrades for the Adrestia fighter’s computer and the missile’s guidance systems, and then kind of used the damage to the Ares’s commsystems to piggyback his commsignal to talk to his father while he was out there in his fighter which lead to him having to explain his idea to the Captain directly over the comm.

But now his father was saying that he had saved everyone, no mention of…

“Having said that, there is going to be a lot of questions from the Security department, the Science department and I suspect either the Captain or the 1st officer is going to want a word with you.” his father said, cutting into his thoughts. Now my buddy, the one that scared you so much that first time you were poking around in systems you weren’t authorized for, you remember him right?” Schrit asked.

Danre nodded, he remembered alright. He also knew that whole incident was setup by his father and the security officer to scare him into obeying computer and network regulations and protocols. It was in fact that incident that had motivated him to study those protocols, regulations, the network and everything that connected to it in such detail that it had enabled him to put together the data for the message to the bridge about the particle clouds.

“Well my buddy has been kind enough to send me the preliminary report on the investigtion into your activities and listing the regulations you violated.” Schrit told Danre tossing him the PADD he was holding. Danre caught it wide eyed, and after a second of looking at his father incredulously began reading the PADD.

When he had finished reading the report he had to keep his face down facing the PADD screen for a moment to make sure he would be able to hide his relieved excitement. The report said nothing about the intellikids or the unorthodox methods with which he had made the connections he used to communicate with them. This meant that the intellikids hadn’t been compromised and that he could stay in contact with them. He had already decided after what happened that day he’d become an active part of their community, owing them a great debt of thanks.

Schrit was glad his son purposefully stared at the PADD for a moment longer than he needed to. It gave him time to hide the smile that broke through his barriers for a moment when he noticed Danre noticed the missing bits about the so called “Intellikids” he had been involved with. Though Ensign NotSoSure had noticed, identified and even pulled some of the chat transcript from the cache memory banks, negating all the steps taken by Danre to hide the other side of the chatbox he was talking to, he had also kept any data related to those escapades from the official records and erased any trace of them in the computer systems so no one else could make the same connections he had.

He had sent Schrit a separate, encrypted and one read only message, which deleted itself after it had been opened and closed once, explaining vaguely that his son had been in contact with, and probably was part of, an off the records and non-existant intelligence netword of children, the sons and daughters of Starfleet officers, that helped eachother and supported eachother in the way they dealt with the secrecy of their parents about their work. Ensigh NotSoSure had been part of the network himself for a time in his youth and long story short, he ensured Schrit they were harmless and didn’t want their network to come down because of this incident. Even though Schrit hadn’t known the ensign for long he did trust him enough to let him make the call on those so called “Intellikids”.

Seeing his son strougle with keeping his relief and excitement about there being noting about the Intellikids in the report though was funny as hell. He didn’t even do half bad to be honest, and only because he knew his son so well did he notice it really. When both had straightened their faces they looked at each other with serious expressions. It was Schrit who spoke first.

“As you felt you were adult enough to decide which rules apply to you and which don’t I have half the mind of letting you deal with any fall out from this without my help.” he said, letting a moment of silence follow to let it sink in. Then he added:

“But I do have to take into account the results of the things you did, as well as the motivation for doing so. So I will give you a choice. Either you start talking now, and tell me everything in minute detail about what when why and how you did that day, or you can face any interrogations and any concequenses by yourself. If you come clean I will be there with you all the way, doing whatever lays within my capabilities to reduce the “damage” to you and your future.”

Danre didn’t have to think about that one. He would tell his father everything, except the parts where the Intellikids had been involved. He’d skip around those as best he could, having come up with plausible explainations for the things he’d learned from them.

And so Danre started to talk, telling his father the whole tale of the day starting with the moment his father had come to their quarters to say goodbye to the moment Danre had explained to the Captain how to defend against the niodynium metal slugs. And Schrit listened, watching his Son for any hints of subterfuge the whole time. When Danre had stopped talking Schrit had found none.

He looked at Danre for a moment before responding.

"Okay. I'm convinced you spoke the truth and i will be with you all the way Superman. But keep in mind i'm just a Lt. jg. Fighter pilot. When the Captain or first officer are involved all i can do is give them my opinion and show that i'm fully supporting you. How much weight that carries with them is anyone's guess." Schrit told Danre, adding

"But you can be damned sure i'll keep reminding them that what you did saved every life on this ship and who knows how many more every opertunity i get."

Danre jumped from the chair and threw himself into his father's arms. "Thanks dad! I love you"

Schrit kissed the top of his son's head, hugging him tightly.

"I love you to son!"

Name:  afbeelding_2021-09-10_001649.png
Views: 249
Size:  1.5 KB
    DeuZige
    DeuZige Medals
    𝔡𝔢𝔲ℨ𝔦𝔤𝔢 𝔅𝔯𝔢𝔡𝔞
      Very Rare (100 Points)

• The Ghost Writer
      Rare (50 Points)

• Commodore
      Rare (50 Points)

• Captain
      Uncommon (25 Points)

• Paragon of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

• Highly Decorated
      Very Rare (100 Points)

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • LogicalLeopard
    USS Athena
    Bridge - Ready Room

Attachment 15327

Ariana Storm, Captain of the Athena, always enjoyed listening to the lectures of Neil DeGrass Tyson. She had taken off her uniform jacket, hung it up on an old coatrack she picked up on Tarurs III, then sat on the couch. She was in her early 40s, with almost blonde hair, tied into a very loose bun, which she undone & had small flecks of blue throughout. She sat on the couch alongside the window, leaned back & said, "Computer, play Tyson lecture six-two." The computer obliged and the audio lecture played. She zoned out for at least twenty-five minutes.

It was then she was roused by the door chime. "Damnit," she said aloud, "Its open!" The doors swooshed open and in stepped her first officer, T'Kun. "Captain," the Vulcan said, "we've received orders to redirect-" Ariana held up her hand & said, "Computer, pause." The lecture stopped. "Sorry," Storm said. "-to Earth for a pick-up." he finished. Ariana sat up, grogily, saying, "Any more details?" T'Kun simply stated, "Negative. The order is priority Alpha. I find it illogical to make a simple ferry trip high priority." Storm stood & said, "Me too, unless its from Dad. I'll always make time for him." The Vulcan stated, "The orders did not come from Admiral Storm, Ma'am." Ariana put her uniform jacket on, but just left it open. She said, "I figured as much." She went onto the bridge with her First officer.

When they stepped on the bridge, Storm said, "Chris, plot course to earth, Warp seven." Chris nodded, saying, "Picking up the Admiral?" Storm said, "Not this time." She sat in the center chair & said, "Engage." The Intrepid class ship turned around, her nacels moving into warp position & slipped sleekly into a flash.

Attachment 15327

((OOC: Meant to be an intro to Ariana Storm))
    JoshBroughm
    JoshBroughm Medals
    • Stepping Forward
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Unlocked Sun 12 Jun, 2022 10:01 AM

• Commander
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Receive a promotion to the rank of Commander

Unlocked Sat 24 Sep, 2022 8:47 PM

0.64% have received this achievement

• Captain
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Unlocked Fri 04 Nov, 2022 1:05 PM

• Paragon of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Unlocked Fri 01 Mar, 2019 1:01 AM

• Eternal Servitude!
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Be a registered user for five years

Unlocked Mon 07 Aug, 2023 1:06 AM

74.94% have received this achievement

• Well Respected
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Reach reputation tier 6

Unlocked Sun 31 Mar, 2019 3:00 PM

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Silynn
     –  Last edited by Kiflin; Sat 11 Sep, 2021 6:45 AM.
    Joint Post with Kiflin

USS Ares
    Deck 4, Security Office

"I realize that this is an unorthodox request, but.....there's nothing you can tell me?"

"You know the answer to that, Commander Tarquin. Logically, if such a secret program were to exist, it would be restricted on an absolutely need to know basis. And unless I was directly involved in its operations, I would have no knowledge of such a program. And if I were directly involved in such a program, then I would not be at liberty to speak of it. Thusly, the answer to your question is no, I have nothing I can tell you."

Biiqs leaned back against the front of the security desk, lowering his gaze from the screen on the wall in front of him. When his eyes rose again, there was a tight, pained smile etching a line across his face. "Captain T'Pera...as always, I appreciate and adore your prodigious command of logic, but...I have dead officers here. One is a young man in my department, and I haven't even begun to compose the letter to his family." He spread his arms in a gesture of supplication. "I kind of need a bit more to work with."

T'Pera stared back for a brief moment before speaking. Biiqs, who had known her since his days in the Starfleet Academy Advanced Tactical Training program, was certain he detected a slight softening of her features. "Comm....." She paused again. "Bix. I understand and appreciate the situation you are in. But the situation is truly beyond my assistance. Starfleet Intelligence is not a normal branch of the Fleet, as you are well familiar. The organization is more...compartmentalized. Some special projects report directly to the CinC. In order to obtain a definitive answer, that is whom you should seek."

Biiqs sighed in resignation. "Thank you, T'Pera. I'm sorry to bring my burdens to you in such a manner. I know if it were a favor you were able of granting, you would. You've always proven to be a friend I can depend on."

An elegantly sculpted eyebrow shot upward. "And despite your Bolian penchant for excessive displays of emotion, you have consistently demonstrated an uncommon level of dependence."

"Flattery will get you everywhere, T'Pera. Thanks again. Peace and long life."

"Live long and prosper."

The call terminated several moments before the door chime sounded. "Enter."

Jarroth steps through the doors and states his rank and name to the Lt. Commander while standing at attention.

"At ease. Biiqs Tarquin. Pleasure to make your acquaintance." He extended a hand to shake. . I'm sorry, you have me at a bit of a disadvantage. It's been...uncommonly chaotic here. I was stuck on leave when the ship went into action, and I haven't actually been aboard very long. We've got a fresh investigation and a load of damage that needs attending to. So as you could imagine, I haven't been able to pore over the new personnel files. Could you tell me a bit more about yourself?" He leaned back against the front of the security desk as he listened.

Jarroth slightly smiled. He was never comfortable talking about himself. Wasn't a question of his confidence. He thought anyone that was too relaxed while talking about themselves was narcissistic. He bit pressed his lips together then began..."I was already about to graduate when I learned of my father's engagement of the Borg during the battle of Wolf 359. His sacrifice motivated me to assert my skills to Starfleet, and to carry on his example..."

"Well, Mr. Jarroth, you've come at exactly the right time. We have dire need for your skills. We're....short a tactical position." His expression was briefly pained, but he quickly strode across the room to the video display, calling up a schematic of the ships tactical systems. "But your engineering skills will be of immediate use now. I don't trust any of our aft defense systems, especially shields and torpedo launchers, after that EM pulse weapon. Everything is going to have to be double checked and recalibrated. I've got Lieutenant Delvok organizing work gangs. Meet up with him as soon as you're all stowed away.

"Aye Sir... Jarroth stopped himself from letting his thoughts wander about what specifically the ship needed to have addressed systematically. He would table his thoughts for later on the subject. He preferred to use it as a Segway. "I had the opportunity to see some of the work being done in main engineering on my way here. Also, the Captain wanted you to report to her office."

"She did? Thank you. You're a good man not to follow my example, Ensign Jarroth. You just came aboard, and you've met both your captain and supervisor, but I've been aboard for hours and didn't even manage to meet either of mine, who are one and the same for me, so that should have made it easier. Had to jump into work right away, but that's no excuse. Thank you for passing on the Captain's message" He shook his head, and headed to the door.

"Sir, there is still a question of my designated... berth?"

"Berth? Oh, you will need a room assignment, won't you? Forgive me." Biiqs strode back through the office to the display, and typed in a few commands. A diagram of empty rooms came available.

"Here. Pick whatever you like, and the computer will assign it to you with my authorization. Rooms we have aplenty, officers we are lacking in. I'm sorry for this brief meeting. I'll see you soon."

"Son, sometimes the sun does shine on a dogs behind." Jarroth thought of his father's old saying. Ares was already looking better then the USS Huron. Now it would seem it was starting to feel better as well... "Thank you Sir." As Jarroth made his way towards the turbolift he couldn't help but feel as if his bags felt so much lighter..."
    • Commendation

Unlocked Sat 23 Mar, 2019 11:47 PM

• Highly Decorated
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Unlocked Sat 25 Mar, 2017 10:41 PM

Very Rare (100 Points)

Unlocked Thu 18 Feb, 2021 9:02 AM

• ...and On and On
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Reach five-thousand posts on the forums

Grandfathered

0.08% have received this achievement

• Dedicated
      Rare (50 Points)

Volunteer for 1+ year

Unlocked Fri 05 Oct, 2018 12:14 AM

0.54% have received this achievement

• The Fool
      Rare (50 Points)

Got pranked on April 1st

Unlocked Thu 01 Apr, 2021 2:22 PM

0.32% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Kiflin
    • LogicalLeopard
    Name:  Cushing-and-Han-JP-image.png
Views: 306
Size:  208.1 KB
    U.S.S. ARES
    Shuttle Hanger Bay

From grief, anger, or just plain loss of confidence in the leadership of the hapless ship, Jei did not see any of her actions prior to being in the hanger bay as “rash”. She had provided her authorization code to the transfer orders from Vice Admiral Hwang from Starfleet Medical. She had initially ignored the transfer orders as they were done as a favor for her father. But now, she decided to use it to her benefit of quickly leaving the ARES.

Yet, now as knelt next to her mentor and dear friend, she wanted nothing more to do with the ship. The ship and those on the bridge had let her down one time too many. She put a gentle hand on Christopher’s flag draped casket and said prayers for his soul. Hoping for him to be at peace and that they could meet again in their next lives.

Jei felt a gentle hand on her shoulder. When she stood, she felt another pair help her up, as they saw that her a little wobbly as she got up.

“Whoa… there, Jei. You ok?” asked Chief Hayes.

Jei nodded. “I think it is just low blood sugar. Oh, hey Eddie. Martin. What are you all doing here?”

“We’re the honor guard,” replied Martin.

“Jei, why do you have so many bags?” asked Eddie, finally taking his eyes off something that didn’t feel right to him.

“I accepted a transfer to Starfleet Medical. I’m leaving the ARES. My daughter is waiting at DS9, and I needed to leave anyway. I can’t raise her on this… here,” Jei stated but omitted her true thoughts about the bad mojo the ship had.

Hayes grinned. “Interesting. I officially retired five days ago. I guess in the excitement, I forgot. But all I have is this little bag.”

“CHIEF?!” exclaimed both Eddie and Martin.

“Boys, I’ve been away from earth for over thirty-five years,” his eyes glanced at Christopher’s casket and he placed a respectful hand on it, “And I’ve seen too many of these containing my friends.”

“Why didn’t you say anything?” asked Martin. “We could have… well, thrown…”

The salty Security Chief just gave Martin a look. “I had a feeling that our good Ensign here would have her hands full with her daughter and such… besides, it’s my last official duty for Christopher.”

Hayes recalled the private message waiting on his terminal after he learned of Christopher’s death. Though he didn’t know when or how, Christopher was incredibly thorough and planned for it. The message was a last request from the good doctor, only sent in case he was ever pronounced dead. Hayes looked at Jei and gave her a wink and a nod. “So can an old nearly broken, yet still charming, retired Starfleet chief accompany you back to Earth?”

Jei put her arms around Hayes and cried. She also had a ‘final message’ from Christopher. Its contents a smorgasbord of emotions for her as she read it. Yet it was also the impetus of the actions that had her standing in the hanger bay about to embark on a shuttle to leave the ARES forever.

Hayes gave Jei comforting pats on the back as both Martin and Eddie tried to occupy themselves as they both wanted to avoid tearing up themselves.

“So… uh, who is our pilot… and we’re just waiting on him?” inquired Martin.

“The Chief put in a request a bit ago. I think it got assigned. An Ensign Verce,” replied Eddie relieved that he had a distraction to focus on, less he started to tear up at Jei’s emotion.

“Who’s Ensign Verce?” asked Martin.

“A new officer for the vacant Tactical position, that’s all I know,” replied Eddie.

((Tag-Jarroth Verce))
    Silynn
    Silynn Medals
  2. RPD Commanding Officer

• Commendation

Unlocked Sat 25 Sep, 2021 9:23 PM

Very Rare (100 Points)

Unlocked Tue 27 Aug, 2019 10:03 AM

• The Ghost Writer
      Rare (50 Points)

Unlocked Fri 03 Jun, 2022 10:01 PM

• Vice Admiral
      Rare (50 Points)

Receive a promotion to the rank of Vice Admiral

Unlocked Sat 14 Oct, 2023 3:01 PM

0.27% have received this achievement

• To Boldly Go On and On
      Rare (50 Points)

Reach one-thousand posts on the forums

Unlocked Mon 13 Jun, 2022 9:02 AM

0.71% have received this achievement

• Well Respected
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Reach reputation tier 6

Unlocked Sun 24 Apr, 2022 3:07 PM

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • LogicalLeopard
     –  Last edited by Kiflin; Mon 13 Sep, 2021 5:27 PM.
    USS ARES Deck 10
    Turbolift
    attachment.php?attachmentid=15327

Jarroth shifted in place then uttered..."Deck 4". Jarroth had already decided. Being in close proximity to a training room and being in close proximity to the Bridge was paramount. It would place him a bit further from Engineering though and after all Engineering had just been designated for him by his Superior's Superior, Biiqs Tarquin. He did enjoy working on subsystems. Fixing machinery always came natural to him and he believed just as his father did that being apart of a ship means knowing what the ship needs.

Jarroth adjusted his bag as he stepped through the Turbolift. His new home seemed rather quiet with the two guards posted outside of what looked like a holosuite chamber. As Jarroth walked past he could hear gunfire followed by someone yelling commands. He surmised a training program was in progress, hut he didn't recognize the black uniforms worn by the security officers. Shaking his head he thought against giving it anymore thought. It was time to see his new place.

Upon entering it pretty much had all of the utilities shown in the virtual walkthrough he viewed before. Standard refresher, Main Engineering Viewscreens, retractable bookcase, replicator, sofa, kitchen, and desk. The room was ice cold someone no doubt left the air on during their cleaning shift. Dropping his bags and siting on the sofa, Jarroth barely had time to lean back when over the intercom system he heard the incoming communication chime.

=^=Com Speaking=^=

UJVRc8I
    "Go ahead..."

5XQPRkm
    Ensign Verce, Master Chief Hayes wants you to report to Deck 14, Shuttle Bay 2 Landing Bay.

Puzzled... Jarroth's face wrinkled. He hadn't been here two minutes and already they were getting rid of him? He chuckled. Maybe someone had just arrived that he was needed to meet with. Or better yet, a terminal needed to be fixed and his day off was about to turn into time and a half. He smiled recalling the term used when at some point in earlier history, people had to work to earn money to sustain their lives.

5XQPRkm
    Ensign Verce? Are you there?

He snapped out of his daydream...

UJVRc8I
    "Yes, I'll, I'll be right there."

He took the universe's quickest shower and put on his regulation uniform. Not enough time to arrange his belongings. He took a small bag over his left shoulder that gave him 3 changes of clothing, and his engineering tool kit. Exiting the room quickly he headed back out to the turbolift to notice both the guards and the sounds he heard outside of the Holosuite were both missing. He looked at his timeclock and made note of it. It was possible he now knew when the Drill Holosuite was free.

The turbolift seemed to be faster this time. He reached Deck 14 in blinding speed while sharing the lift standing between two tall Andorian Females. Both giggled as they left the lift while one of them looking back at him. He checked himself out in the mirror to see if he had something on him from the shower. Check. One of them must had thought he was cute, or he----- he forget his shoes! Shaking his head, he unzipped his bag and put on his only spare regulation low ankle boots.

Perhaps his shower was too fast. Taking a deep breath, he pulled out his bag to show the 3 Security Guards that stopped him as soon as he put his foot into his shoe. After explaining with a grin to three large men who didn't find it the least bit amusing, he was waved through. Straightening his posture he entered his designated destination. Shuttle Bay 2 Landing Bay.

After stepping briskly though engineering teams and security officers, Jarroth squinted his eyes as he recognized two figures standing near the closest shuttle. One of them he had to stop himself from glaring at. Nervously pulling out his PADD, he still however didn't see a communique pertaining to Deck 14. So he begin sending a communication to Lt. Delvok. Jarroth let him know that he had been tasked with a new assignment, and that he would report to him as soon as he completed it. Finally mustering up the courage to look up towards the two figures, Jarroth decided to be direct...

Ensign Verce reporting for Shuttle Bay 2 Landing Bay. He adjusted his bag and looked at the male figure after quickly glancing at the very attractive female.

UJVRc8I
    "I apologize if I kept you both waiting. This assignment has not yet officially been sent to me... could one of you fill me in?"

(( Tag Jei ))
    Kiflin
    Kiflin Medals