9.77% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Kiflin
    • KingTernel
    • Silynn
     –  Last edited by LogicalLeopard; Sun 17 Jul, 2022 5:35 AM.
    Deep Space Nine
    Outside the Security Office

Attachment 16895

"Huh. So much for the Ares."
    Attachment 16868

Biiqs gave sort of a pained grimace, then inclind his shoulders just a bit in a semblance of a shrug. There was a faraway look in his eyes as he thought of the Ares mission, his reasons for joining, and the many odd ways that fate saw fit to waylay all of it.

"I-I'm uh.. sorry. Sorry. Sir." "Um. I am certain that you will... that we will... that the crew will.. uh.. continue to conduct themselves well on the Fearless." "Honored to serve with you... Sir."
    Attachment 16868

Biiqs was drawn out of his reverie by her nervous reaction, and chuckled after a second. "Its alright, lieutenant. You know, I'm not a believer in cursed ships, and i would never imply that nonsense about the Ares, but....it must be said that during our short time together, we attracted a wide variety of uncommon problems, besides the number of captains we've seen. The mission of exploration was never able to manifest among the chaos. Maybe a little rest will be the right thing. It was a good ship," he said with a wistful smile. "Some of us might even see it again."

Attachment 16895

"Commander, about that housing? Could we.. or uh.. you try and find something for me as well? I just got here and I think I was slated to go to the Ares right away so no one ever gave me quarters." I clear my throat a final time. "And... I'll be ready for anything you or the Fearless needs. Tomorrow. At 0800. Captain."
    Attachment 16868

"Sure, no problem. I'll just track down the...." The word "captain" struck him like a delayed mine. "Um...it may be a bit premature for captain. It appears as if I'm the highest ranking officer and there was no talk of promotion....as if they promoted people for getting their ship blown to bits while yhey were not aboard..." He made a weighing motion with his hands. "But, sometimes things just come down the pipe. Maybe someone noticed some qualities of mine where they though I'd..." He sighed and met her eye. "On earth, theres an expression...dont count your chickens before they hatch. You see, chickens are a common type of fowl traditionally raised for their eggs and/or meat, and....well, lets leave that there. Just stick to Commander now, if you please. Now, the berthing assignments. Lets see if we can track down a personnel officer."

He went to a nearby wall display and keyed in a query about the personnel officer. When he found out, his head sunk. Of course XOs double as personnel officers, he thought. After a heavy sigh, he tapped his communicator and said:

"Commander Tarquin to Commander Worf. We need some temporary quarters for Ares personnel. Any way you could help facilitate that?"

((SIMM/NiIen))
  1. Master Chief Petty Officer
    Master Chief Petty Officer
    • Commendation
      Commendation (150 Points)

Awarded during the UFP Award Ceremony to those who go above and beyond for the community

Unlocked Sat 24 Dec, 2022 10:15 PM

0.22% have received this achievement

• Paragon of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Sign three roll calls in a row

Unlocked Mon 02 Mar, 2020 12:01 AM

9.77% have received this achievement

• Starfleet's Finest
      Common (10 Points)

Be a member of Starfleet Operations

Unlocked Thu 11 Jul, 2019 10:03 AM

28.11% have received this achievement

• tlhIngan SuvwI'
      Common (10 Points)

Be a member of the House of Kular

13.08% have received this achievement

• Old School Gamer
      Common (10 Points)

Be a member of Starfleet Tactical

Unlocked Thu 03 Mar, 2022 12:02 PM

7.02% have received this achievement

• The Mad House
      Common (10 Points)

Be a member of the Holodeck

13.01% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • LogicalLeopard
    • KingTernel
    • Kiflin
    • Silynn
    Deep Space Nine
    Promenade

Hours had passed since Thane had been evacuated from the damaged Pylon by Transporter and dropped in at the Medbay along with many other survivors of the blast that crippled the Ares and caused significant damage to the Station proper. After getting his injuries treated and a solid dose of painkillers that kept his head swimming during the rather harsh debrief from Captain Kira Nerys with whom he may have throttled in any other situation had he not been enduring the dosage he was at the time. You do not ever under nearly all circumstances talk to crew like that, it breeds disloyalty and despisement. Things had moved fast from there and now he stood on the Promenade with his duffel bag in one hand, a smaller pack over his good shoulder, and a flat pack containing his own personal weapons for his stay in the Federation.

Breezing through the crowds of worried people Thane did his best to block out the rather considerable weight of the thoughts and emotions of the passersby until he pushed his way into Quarks and found a table to settle down at. His usually pristine armor and cloth still sported scorch marks and now dried blood on it which gave him quite the weathered look and honestly, he didn't mind. They had time, 0800 hours the next day. Plenty of time to read and research about this ship, the Fearless.

Bringing out his Starfleet issue PADDs, Thane connected with the local databases and began to do his search through Starfleet records about the Fearless. Its registry suggested it being an older ship, a very old ship considering how he understood the registry system worked. "Better not be a damn Oberth or worse.." Thane muttered. As the system ran its search and he waited for staff of Quarks Bar to come over, Thane began to go over who of the crew of the Ares was staying and who was being reassigned to the Fearless. He needed to know who of his security and tactical, if any were being reassigned. If he was to hold the roles recently assigned.

A tap on the blackened commbadge. "Thane to Tarquin, when you're available I am in Quarks doing some research on the Fearless and checking who of the Ares' crew is being reassigned."

((Simm/Logical))
    • Dedicated
      Rare (50 Points)

Volunteer for 1+ year

Unlocked Wed 05 Oct, 2022 6:00 PM

0.54% have received this achievement

• Dean’s List
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Pass all three Academy exams

Unlocked Thu 18 Nov, 2021 9:03 PM

3.99% have received this achievement

• Stepping Forward
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Going from Clearance Level 3 to Clearance Level 4

Unlocked Mon 29 Nov, 2021 1:03 AM

1.91% have received this achievement

• Ensign
      Common (10 Points)

Receive a promotion to the rank of Ensign

Unlocked Fri 12 Nov, 2021 8:27 PM

3.60% have received this achievement

• Lieutenant
      Common (10 Points)

Receive a promotion to the rank of Lieutenant

Unlocked Mon 18 Apr, 2022 8:58 PM

1.19% have received this achievement

• Starfleet's Finest
      Common (10 Points)

Be a member of Starfleet Operations

Unlocked Fri 12 Nov, 2021 9:01 PM

28.11% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Kiflin
    • Silynn
    Deep Space Nine
    Outside the Security Office

Attachment 16868

Biiqs was drawn out of his reverie by her nervous reaction, and chuckled after a second. "Its alright, lieutenant. You know, I'm not a believer in cursed ships, and i would never imply that nonsense about the Ares, but....it must be said that during our short time together, we attracted a wide variety of uncommon problems, besides the number of captains we've seen. The mission of exploration was never able to manifest among the chaos. Maybe a little rest will be the right thing. It was a good ship," he said with a wistful smile. "Some of us might even see it again."
    Okay. Guess you live to fight another day, Azral. I don't think he hates me. At least for now.

Attachment 16868

"Sure, no problem. I'll just track down the...." The word "captain" struck him like a delayed mine. "Um...it may be a bit premature for captain. It appears as if I'm the highest ranking officer and there was no talk of promotion....as if they promoted people for getting their ship blown to bits while yhey were not aboard..." He made a weighing motion with his hands. "But, sometimes things just come down the pipe. Maybe someone noticed some qualities of mine where they though I'd..." He sighed and met her eye. "On earth, theres an expression...dont count your chickens before they hatch. You see, chickens are a common type of fowl traditionally raised for their eggs and/or meat, and....well, lets leave that there. Just stick to Commander now, if you please. Now, the berthing assignments. Lets see if we can track down a personnel officer."
    Name:  6selPmN.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  9.0 KB

"Oh. I just thought-- Nevermind, Commander. Thank you for helping me find quarters."

Hmh. As if I hadn't heard of chickens before. You'd swear it was half the food at the Academy. Nice of him to make sure, though.

Attachment 16868

He went to a nearby wall display and keyed in a query about the personnel officer. When he found out, his head sunk. Of course XOs double as personnel officers, he thought. After a heavy sigh, he tapped his communicator and said:

"Commander Tarquin to Commander Worf. We need some temporary quarters for Ares personnel. Any way you could help facilitate that?"
    Unsure about how to alleviate the Commander's obvious discomfort at having to speak to Commander Worf, I try to make small talk. Talking about the weather seems like a tall order on a space station, so I ask about the elephant in the room. Well, one of them, anyway.

Name:  6selPmN.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  9.0 KB

"Sir? If you don't mind.. do you know anything about the Fearless?"

((Tarquin))
    KingTernel
  2. RPD Commanding Officer

• Commendation
      Commendation (150 Points)

Awarded during the UFP Award Ceremony to those who go above and beyond for the community

Unlocked Sat 25 Sep, 2021 9:23 PM

0.22% have received this achievement

• Pillar of the Community
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Be a registered user for 10 years

Unlocked Tue 27 Aug, 2019 10:03 AM

34.20% have received this achievement

• The Ghost Writer
      Rare (50 Points)

Be the Commanding Officer of the Roleplay Division

Unlocked Fri 03 Jun, 2022 10:01 PM

0.04% have received this achievement

• Vice Admiral
      Rare (50 Points)

Receive a promotion to the rank of Vice Admiral

Unlocked Sat 14 Oct, 2023 3:01 PM

0.27% have received this achievement

• To Boldly Go On and On
      Rare (50 Points)

Reach one-thousand posts on the forums

Unlocked Mon 13 Jun, 2022 9:02 AM

0.71% have received this achievement

• Well Respected
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Reach reputation tier 6

Unlocked Sun 24 Apr, 2022 3:07 PM

0.70% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • None
    Attention all Player Characters this story will continue on the new ARES RP Story for Season 3.

Please continue writing from your character's recent perspective.

Thank you, and see you there!
    Kiflin
    Kiflin Medals