September FEO and Website Feedback

Started By:
Three of Seven, Sun 19 Sep, 2021 12:42 PM
Views:
Replies:
  1. Fleet Admiral

• Commendation
      Commendation (150 Points)

Awarded during the UFP Award Ceremony to those who go above and beyond for the community

Unlocked Sat 29 Jun, 2019 9:56 PM

0.22% have received this achievement

• Top Brass
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Reach the highest Starfleet Rank

Unlocked Sat 17 Dec, 2016 10:30 PM

0.03% have received this achievement

• To Infinity and Beyond
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Reach ten-thousand posts on the forums

Grandfathered

0.02% have received this achievement

• Highly Decorated
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Receive every medal the UFP has to offer

Unlocked Sun 27 Mar, 2016 2:00 PM

0.18% have received this achievement

• Set Phasers To Frag
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Win an Annual Elite Force Tournament

Unlocked Sun 28 Aug, 2016 7:24 PM

0.04% have received this achievement

• Hearthstone Tournament Winner
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Win the annual Hearthstone Tournament

Unlocked Mon 04 Jul, 2016 6:08 PM

0.01% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    Pronouns
    She/Her
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • timverbesselt
    • Chris Wilkinson
    • Miles
    • Rattlehead
    • Jestersmith
    • Bedders
    FEO 240

Greetings,

Another Roll Call month over, and another set of survey results, we are sorry for not publishing the June results, there were many real life issues going on with myself, and other members of FEO causing many delays. As such, I have done a reset on the approval ratings, so there is no comparison, hopefully this makes sense, but if people want a comparison with March, I can add that!

Remember that comments left in these surveys are 100% anonymous, no one will know it was you if you say "I hate Three of Seven, she's useless!", and I won't hunt you down for it either, honest! If you disapprove, please, tell us, so we can work towards fixing it!

FEO March Approval Rating: 100%

Strongly Approve: 20%
    Approve: 22%
    Neutral: 58%
    Disapprove: 0%
    Strongly Disapprove: 0%

Not a bad bunch all seem like cat people to me
    Three of Seven: I love cats, I have a black cat called Archer, he is a good boy, a bit silly, but very affectionate! He's certainly nothing like the cat the cat-haters would want you to believe all cats are! He loves cuddles too! But also, thank you for the compliment, sorry, I like to talk about cats!

Petrarch: Not in my case, I'm a dog person and we've 3 of them here at home. Mrs. P is allergic to cats anyway, so if the kids ever ask for one, that's going to be a real short conversation.

Jordan: I love my ginger tabby, even if he is noisy at 6am demanding fuss and food. He gives the best headbutts.

Jonathan: I do like cats but unfortunately my partner is allergic

You're all a dedicated and hard working group, don't let anyone tell you otherwise
    Three of Seven: I can certainly say that we do our best to stay on top of things, though it can be tough, and mental health is a priority for all volunteers in the UFP, I have had to take time away, and the rest of FEO keep the ship running smooth, it really is a team effort!

Jordan: Thanks. As Three has said, it's a team effort by all those that volunteer.

Petrarch: Cheers. Like anything else, things have their ups and downs but we all work together to keep things on the straight and narrow.

Jonathan: Thank you. We certainly do out best.

Big, Strong, Wow!
    Three of Seven: Thank you! Though, I don't think I am either of these, but hey, I'll take it!

Petrarch: Ta!

Seem to be in the shadows or in their own cliques. Not very open or inclusive to the community it seems.
    Three of Seven: We try to be visible, while also running the community, and we can often be found on TeamSpeak interacting with other members, we don't hide away in a private channel, personally I try to be very approachable. Do we have circles of friends? Yes, but then I suspect there are many friendship circles within the UFP, and plenty of overlap between them! I'm not going to refuse to speak, or play games with someone just because they aren't in my friendship group, and I encourage the other FEO members to act the same way. I hope this helps to address your concerns, and you are welcome to speak with me in private to go over in more detail! We always take on feedback, we might not implement it, but it's always discussed fairly!

Sammygm: There's always going to be a group of friends that you prefer to hang around with, that's just something that comes naturally in life. Does having a group of friends constitute as a clique, I don't know maybe. Does that mean that we're no inclusive? Not at all. We've had a lot of people that joined the UFP through different games and stuck around even when no longer playing those games. I bet there's a very good chance that you yourself are part of a "clique" even if you don't realise it. If you don't and no one wants to interact with you then perhaps that's a reflection on who you are.

Jordan: As said above, everyone will gravitate towards groups and to those that have similar interests, however, we try and encourage everyone to be inclusive in all aspects of the community because we wouldn't be a community otherwise.

Petrarch: As with a group of any size, there will be those who know some folks better than others. There will also be those who do not know some folks well if at all. This does not however, as mentioned above, automatically make a group a clique. Granted the community has been quieter compared to normal due to the situation of the last 18 months, but we're not hiding in the shadows and are never far away. As I don't get on Teamspeak much, I make the effort to be as visible as possible on the forums. All of us have an open door policy and people are free to contact us at any time they wish if they've something on their mind, have an item/issue they wish to bring up or just want to chat about about something .

Jonathan: Having been in the community for almost 10 years and volunteering for much of that, naturally I developed friendship in that time. That would likely be the case in any organisation. To say though that we are not open or inclusive and essentially accuse us of keeping solely to our friendship groups is I think a slight exaggeration of the truth. Most of our conversations occur in public and we can usually be found in public TeamSpeak channels. People have been less active over the last few months but thats not people retreating to their "cliques", simplying doing other things or having other priorities. For myself, my IRL work has been more and more demanding and so I have had less time and energy to devote to the UFP. I am however still usually available to people if they have any concerns.

FEObulous people!
    Three of Seven: I see what you did there! Thanks!

Give Three of Seven a nice big cookie Smile
    Three of Seven: I'm sorry, but if you are going to give me a big cookie, you are going to have to give the rest of FEO a cookie of equal size as well, and I think the volunteers at the UFP also deserve a cookie of equal size!

Petrarch: You're gonna need a bigger trolley.

Jonathan: Big Grin

It doesn’t respect the users here and the site rules are disrespectful and should be abolished.
    Three of Seven: We respect our memberbase, without members, we are not a community, but respect is a two way street, if an individual is showing a lack of respect, they aren't going to get respect in return, we are unpaid volunteers who want to have fun like everyone else, the only difference is our position within the community, we don't ask for special treatment, only equal treatment. While we try to be professional, we can't always be, we are only human afterall, and we have feelings.

We also do respect the rules, if I break them, I'll get a telling off just as much as anyone, and we do also have discipline procedures in place for CL6, it would also not be possible to abolish the rules, and FEO because then it would be pure anarchy, and I don't think that makes for a healthy community! We can take on feedback, and go from there, but abolishing is out of the question, sorry!

Jordan: The site rules, like in other communities, are to ensure everyone is treated fairly and respectfully when they engaged with other members. However, as Three has said, if you have any issues with particular rules then send in some feedback.

Petrarch: The rules exist to protect members from harmful behaviour, content etc. - without them who knows what sort of stuff we'd be having to deal with on a daily basis. No-one is above the rules here, that includes us and I'll echo the above that if there's something in particular you have an issue with, then please do get in touch with us to discuss the matter.

Jonathan: Our site rules are mostly common sense rules which are similar to most open forums/boards. They ensure everyone is treated equally and fairly. If you have examples of where you feel that this has been "disrespectful" then please PM me and we can discuss this, but the rules will be staying as they are.

Nothing to complain.
    Three of Seven: Great! Well if you have any concerns, feel free to reach out.

Website March Approval Rating: 99%

Strongly Approve: 23%
    Approve: 19%
    Neutral: 57%
    Disapprove: 1%
    Strongly Disapprove: 0%

its not bad
    IDK why isn't it pink yet
    Three of Seven: Because Jordan is a big meanie!

Jordan: We went pink once before and my retinas have never fully recovered.

Petrarch: Should this ever happen, please follow this safety procedure to prevent retina damage:
    Attachment 15812

Big, Strong, Wow!
    Jordan (and his team) does a wonderful job. Never have any issues.
    Jordan: Thanks! But if you do have any issues or suggestions then please let me know.

is trojan
    Not enough rainbows
    Jordan: Expect more when we celebrate our next Pride!

No, the site is hard to use and you never email anything at all but just Rollcalls. Other things should be emailed instead
    Jordan: If you have any accessibility issues please send in specific feedback or PM me. I've always open to suggestions to improve the user experience.

With regard to emails, we will be looking at diversifying them to include Raffle announcements, latest news, new events, and hot topics, bundled together in a weekly roundup type email - please let me know any suggestions!
    Nothing to complain.