Donated
    £100+
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Kiflin
    Reply With QuoteQuote
    Cooperation
    Mission Log Supplemental - Enroute to the shuttle bay. Stardate 58851.22, The Klingon Border - Archanis System

"Present company accepted, of course. Surlat our Engineer has been fighting against radiation nobly for all his life, near dozens of leaky Imperial warp cores. His death, will be a glorious one, when the last few cells of his body, no doubt soaked in bloodline, will stagger to their feet, pick up bat'leth shaped, mutated mitochondria, and challenge the stream of exotic particles rushing toward them. Like Kang, Kor, and Koloth at the Korma Pass!"

Kurrd let out a bark of laughter at his own joke, and turned to the doctor. "Doctor, I'd recommend you inject yourself before you step on the turbolift with Surlat!" Laughing even louder, he reached out and slapped the doctor heartily on the back.
    Gardner nervously smiled before switching his glance between Kurrd and the Tolbi, "I... ughh... that was a detailed and bizarre description of someone dying of radiation poisoning. You know what I'll catch the next turbolift, you know.. with all the radiation leaking and... stuff." Gardner attempted to step back but was blocked by Tolbi.

"I don't think so Doc, in you get. We don't have all day to dawdle!"

"Yes sir," Gardner replied with a sarcastic tone whilst stepping through the threshold of the turbolift, stepping to the side of Tolbi and leaning towards his ear, "It sounds to me like they should fix their warp cores." Gardner brazenly turned and stared Kurrd in the eyes, "Also, in my medical opinion, Surlat should seek treatment. Why waste a perfectly capable crewman when he can live a full and murderous life, or are Doctors a dishonour to an otherwise preventable death." Gardner raised his voice, "Absolutely ridiculous!"

"Commander..." Tolbi said sternly.

Gardner incomprehensibly mumbled before crossing his arms in a silent protest, all the while giving glancing looks at Kurrd. Gardner at times could be unfiltered, but so could anyone who had seen so much death during the War, so much useless waste of life thrown away by something preventable, and so many people suffering in the overcrowded and inadequate medical facilities. If he could save everyone he would. A life was precious, no matter the status or nobility.

"I apologise for the conduct of the Doc, Kurrd," Tolbi looked towards Gardner disapprovingly, "I'm sure he'll rein in his attitude."

"I apologise for my attitude," Gardner paused momentarily, "but I won't apologise for what I believe to be right!"

Tolbi put one hand on his face and sighed. "Computer, main shuttle bay." It was clear to Tolbi that this was one argument he was not going to win.

The computer responded with an acknowledging beep, before the turbolift began moving, hurriedly travelling through the bowels of the ship, and within seconds it arrived at the shuttle bay observation deck.

The main shuttle bay was spacious. It covered the entirety of decks three and four. Capable of holding a dozen shuttlecraft, runabouts and many utility vessels. The entire shuttle bay operation was overseen from the observation/control room that overlooked the rear of the shuttle bay.

Lieutenant Evans and Commander Shril were waiting in the observation deck having prepared a Type-9 shuttlecraft for departure.

Shril enthusiastically approached the turbolift as the group vacated the cramped confines of the lift. "Commander! The shuttlecraft is ready to depart on the main deck. We've loaded supplies and the emergency transport enhancers."

"Very good Commander. If I may introduce the other members of the team, Captain Kurrd, this is Commander Shril Th'italer, the ships Operations Officer, and Lieutenant Mia Evans our Chief Tactical Officer. Likewise, this is Captain Kurrd, Surlat their Chief Engineer and Silva their Cargo master. Before we can depart the Doc will need to give us an inoculation for the radiation, whenever everyone is ready of course."
    Jordan
    Jordan Medals
  2. Master Chief Petty Officer of the Fleet
    Master Chief Petty Officer of the Fleet
    • Paragon of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Sign three roll calls in a row

Unlocked Fri 01 Mar, 2019 1:01 AM

9.75% have received this achievement

• Well Respected
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Reach reputation tier 6

Unlocked Sun 31 Mar, 2019 3:00 PM

0.69% have received this achievement

• Command Master Chief Petty Officer
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Receive the rank of Command Master Chief Petty Officer

Unlocked Sat 21 Dec, 2019 9:57 PM

0.02% have received this achievement

• Master Chief Petty Officer of the Fleet
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Receive the rank of Master Chief Petty Officer of the Fleet

Unlocked Sat 25 Sep, 2021 8:57 PM

0.03% have received this achievement

• Starfleet's Finest
      Common (10 Points)

Be a member of Starfleet Operations

Unlocked Sun 12 Aug, 2018 3:03 PM

28.44% have received this achievement

• tlhIngan SuvwI'
      Common (10 Points)

Be a member of the House of Kular

Unlocked Sun 12 Aug, 2018 3:03 PM

13.10% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Jordan
    • Kiflin
    • KingTernel
    Reply With QuoteQuote
     –  Last edited by LogicalLeopard; 2 Weeks Ago.
    Cooperation
    Battle Log Audio Recording- Allied Camp USS Daring- Enroute to the shuttle bay. Stardate 58851.22, The Klingon Border - Archanis System

Gardner nervously smiled before switching his glance between Kurrd and the Tolbi, "I... ughh... that was a detailed and bizarre description of someone dying of radiation poisoning. You know what I'll catch the next turbolift, you know.. with all the radiation leaking and... stuff." Gardner attempted to step back but was blocked by Tolbi.

"I don't think so Doc, in you get. We don't have all day to dawdle!"

"Yes sir," Gardner replied with a sarcastic tone whilst stepping through the threshold of the turbolift, stepping to the side of Tolbi and leaning towards his ear, "It sounds to me like they should fix their warp cores." Gardner brazenly turned and stared Kurrd in the eyes, "Also, in my medical opinion, Surlat should seek treatment. Why waste a perfectly capable crewman when he can live a full and murderous life, or are Doctors a dishonour to an otherwise preventable death." Gardner raised his voice, "Absolutely ridiculous!"
    Kurrd chuckled at the doctor's initial comments, but raised an eyebrow at his more challenging ones. He met his stare and drifted slightly closer in the crowded lift. He wasn't quite glaring, though some might interpret it as such, but he met Gardners eye as he finished speaking.

"Commander..." Tolbi said sternly.

Gardner incomprehensibly mumbled before crossing his arms in a silent protest, all the while giving glancing looks at Kurrd.
    Kurrd remained silent, his eyes not wavering from Gardner. Surlat looked to his captain, and nodded slowly. He then stared at Gardner with a menacing smirk dancing at the corners of his mouth.

Silva rolled his eyes. "This? In a turbolift, Captain?" Out of what appeared to be thin air, he plucked a small dagger and began cleaning his fingernails in apparent boredom.

"I apologise for the conduct of the Doc, Kurrd," Tolbi looked towards Gardner disapprovingly, "I'm sure he'll rein in his attitude."
    "Will he?" asked Kurrd, still staring Gardner down. He hadn't changed his position or posture either.

"I apologise for my attitude," Gardner paused momentarily, "but I won't apologise for what I believe to be right!"

Tolbi put one hand on his face and sighed. "Computer, main shuttle bay." It was clear to Tolbi that this was one argument he was not going to win.
    "Is. That. So?" Kurrd said evenly. A long pause before continuing. "Let me tell you something about Klingon warp cores, Doctor. They are built to be sturdy. Long lasting. Powerful. And so...are Klingon Engineers." The grin he could no longer contain spread across his face. "Isn't that so, Surlat?"

Surlat answered by coming up to Kurrd and smashing his forehead against his captains with a sickening crunch. Kurrd reeled backwards slightly into another crewman, and both filled the lift with racious laughter.

As the lift came to a stop, Kurrd turned back to Gardner. "Doctor, your concern is noted. But twenty years after you've drawn your last breath, Surlat will still be burning his fingers on plasma injection manifolds, if he has not met glorious death in battle. Klingons are built to last. Our engineers, even more so. Our natural lifespans far exceed yours. But what does a long life span mean if you havent truly lived during any of it? A Klingon wisdom for you to consider. I honor the ferocity you have for your work. Never back down from what you believe is right."

The main shuttle bay was spacious. It covered the entirety of decks three and four. Capable of holding a dozen shuttlecraft, runabouts and many utility vessels. The entire shuttle bay operation was overseen from the observation/control room that overlooked the rear of the shuttle bay.

Lieutenant Evans and Commander Shril were waiting in the observation deck having prepared a Type-9 shuttlecraft for departure.

Shril enthusiastically approached the turbolift as the group vacated the cramped confines of the lift. "Commander! The shuttlecraft is ready to depart on the main deck. We've loaded supplies and the emergency transport enhancers."

"Very good Commander. If I may introduce the other members of the team, Captain Kurrd, this is Commander Shril Th'italer, the ships Operations Officer, and Lieutenant Mia Evans our Chief Tactical Officer. Likewise, this is Captain Kurrd, Surlat their Chief Engineer and Silva their Cargo master. Before we can depart the Doc will need to give us an inoculation for the radiation, whenever everyone is ready of course."
    Kurrd saluted both officers in the Klingon fashion. "If the rest of your staff are as bold as your doctor, we should have no worries should we meet any challenges, Commander. We are ready.
  3. Head of Technical Services

• Highly Decorated
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Receive every medal the UFP has to offer

Grandfathered

0.20% have received this achievement

• Set Phasers To Frag
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Win an Annual Elite Force Tournament

Grandfathered

0.07% have received this achievement

• Gold Contributor
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Subscribe to a monthly Gold Subscription

Unlocked Sat 01 Sep, 2018 12:01 PM

0.33% have received this achievement

• Champion of the Bridge
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Win a Solo Bridge Commander Tournament

Unlocked Sat 07 Jan, 2017 8:08 PM

0.01% have received this achievement

• Pillar of the Community
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Be a registered user for 10 years

Unlocked Sat 24 Aug, 2019 12:01 PM

16.16% have received this achievement

• Eternal Servitude!
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Be a registered user for five years

Grandfathered

59.09% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    Donated
    £100+
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • KingTernel
    Reply With QuoteQuote
    Departure
    Mission Log Supplemental - Main Shuttle Bay. Stardate 58851.24, The Klingon Border - Archanis System

Tolbi smirked at Kurrd, "Not everyone is as bold as our dear Doc, but equally neither is tact considering his occupation."

"And clearly you don't need a brain to..." Gardner was interrupted by Tolbi's deathly glare, "Righty! Everyone offer up their necks for this hypospray." Gardner went around to each individual, administering the anti-radiation treatment to the away team. "You may feel slightly off, but that should quickly pass. Now if I'm not needed here I shall be off to my duties", Gardner said as he briskly walked back to the turbolift.

"He's a rare breed," Tolbi remarked out loud.

"Ha, he sure is. The last place you want to be is sickbay!" quipped Shril, which was met with a laugh or two.

"Right to the mission at hand. Before we depart lets discuss our strategy," Tolbi gestured the team to the operations display at the rear of the shuttle bay operations room, "We're essentially going in blind. We have limited sensor readings of the ship, we don't know the purpose of the ship or whether there are life signs aboard, so we'll proceed with extreme caution. The ship does appear to have a shuttle bay so we'll be making entry there. Lieutenant Evans, could you give the brief for boarding."

"Of course Commander. Once we're aboard we'll split into two teams. The Federation team will proceed to main engineering and the Klingon team will proceed to the main bridge. We'll ascertain it's purpose and if there are any survivors. We'll also be bringing transport enhancers if we need to make an emergency transport, Shril is confident they will be able to pierce the radiation field."

"Thank you Lieutenant. Does everyone understand the objectives?"

The team nodded their heads in agreement.

"Well then lets get to it. Everyone proceed to the shuttle. Shril please begin pre-flight as soon as you're aboard."

"Yes Sir!" responded Shril as he begun to make a quick dash down the stairs to the main deck, with everyone else following behind. As he approached the Type 11 shuttlecraft the rear entry doors began to gently open, allowing him entry to the craft. Once aboard he approached the flight conn position, which was currently only lit by the main shuttle bay lights through the wide cockpit window. With a touch of the controls, the shuttlecraft lit up in a spectrum of colours emanating from each control panel. A gentle hum rumbled as the warp core initialised, a bleep acknowledged main power was online and Shril began pre-flight checks for flight readiness.

The Type 11 shuttlecraft was a versatile craft. It blended the best designs of the Type 9 and the Danube-class Runabout for multi-purpose, and multi-day, missions. It featured a similiar interior design to the Runabout, but allowed for modular replacement of the rear section which allowed for the shuttle to be fitted with new instruments or be tailored for specific duties, such as cargo or relief missions.

Tolbi was walking beside Kurrd as they approached the shuttlecraft. "Here we are Captain. Unfortunately there aren't enough cockpit seats for everyone so your Chief Engineer and Cargo Master will have to sit in the common area." Tolbi gestured towards the open entry doors. As they embarked the shuttle they made their way through each section to eventually emerge at the cockpit.

"Captain, could you take the science station to the left. Shril, are we ready to depart?" asked Tolbi as he sat in the co-pilot seat.

"Yes Sir. The warp core and impulse engines are online, navigation controls are ready and all flight systems are green across the board." responded Shril.

"Excellent. Lieutenant Evans, status on the tactical systems?"

"Systems are ready Commander."

"And Captain Kurrd, how are our communication systems?"
    Jordan
    Jordan Medals