[Archived] - "Communion" Comment Section

Started By:
Kiflin, Mon 06 Dec, 2021 9:56 PM
Views:
Replies:
  1. RPD Commanding Officer

• Commendation
      Commendation (150 Points)

Awarded during the UFP Award Ceremony to those who go above and beyond for the community

Unlocked Sat 25 Sep, 2021 9:23 PM

0.24% have received this achievement

• Pillar of the Community
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Be a registered user for 10 years

Unlocked Tue 27 Aug, 2019 10:03 AM

34.52% have received this achievement

• The Ghost Writer
      Rare (50 Points)

Be the Commanding Officer of the Roleplay Division

Unlocked Fri 03 Jun, 2022 10:01 PM

0.04% have received this achievement

• Vice Admiral
      Rare (50 Points)

Receive a promotion to the rank of Vice Admiral

Unlocked Sat 14 Oct, 2023 3:01 PM

0.27% have received this achievement

• To Boldly Go On and On
      Rare (50 Points)

Reach one-thousand posts on the forums

Unlocked Mon 13 Jun, 2022 9:02 AM

0.71% have received this achievement

• Well Respected
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Reach reputation tier 6

Unlocked Sun 24 Apr, 2022 3:07 PM

0.69% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • None
     –  Last edited by Kiflin; Mon 20 Jun, 2022 10:12 AM.
    To me this feels... not right... somehow.

It's very unlikely the Cardassians are in any shape to mount any significant campaign of expantion anywhere let alone the Gamma quadrant this soon after the war.
    I find it.... unnatural to see Starfleet sending a Taskforce into the Gamma Quadrant under these circumstances who's primary objective is not to find a cure for what's killing the Founders. Especially remembering that the origional desease was created by Section 31. Sending a Task Force to basically take advantage of the Founders's disastrous medical situation which, uncountered, will end in their extinction isn't something i can imagine the Federation or Starfleet willingly participate with. That's more a Section 31, Tal Shiar move to me.
    But that's just my opinion. It's okay to disagree with me ofcourse (everyone has the right to be wrong

Hey DeZ in the future please send me a personal pm or I'll setup a spot in the free stories realm where this story can be commented on or talked about. Although I love the fact that this story is something interesting for you to comment on it interrupts the writing and flow if the comment is placed in the middle of the story. So in the future please respect my wishes and place your comment in the new section for commentary I'll create. This is the Free story realm where I believed members could post what they wish uninterrupted. If I may have different opinions about some of the stories written from members I would rather make those feelings known toward them via pm, or hell possibly even discord.

Just to address your concerns this is the 2nd post for this story and although you have made some great points especially the Federation (section 31) creating the disease I believe sometimes you need to allow the story to take shape and read on that way you get a much clearer picture. This isn't just an idea for a story, it is a story... One thing to add is this is not the "Cannon" universe. That was revealed in Picard's dossier. There are major changes ahead within this story for characters not yet revealed, even some formally deceased. However in my opinion the details provided within this story so far are adequate enough for a Taskforce.

So what you believe to be a "Tal Shiar move" is happening in this TImeline. Thank you once again and I will provide the link here for the future comment section that can be used if you wish to provide more commentary for "Communion."

Thanks!
    Kiflin
    Kiflin Medals