communications relay login

[Announcement] - FAB Community Survey Results - December 2021

Started By:
Saelanna, Mon 31 Jan, 2022 8:30 PM
Views:
Replies:
    • Commendation
      Commendation (150 Points)

Awarded during the UFP Award Ceremony to those who go above and beyond for the community

Unlocked Sat 28 Sep, 2019 9:19 PM

0.22% have received this achievement

• Admiral Council
      Rare (50 Points)

Join the Federation Executive Office

Unlocked Mon 04 Oct, 2021 8:01 PM

0.06% have received this achievement

• Correspondent
      Rare (50 Points)

Submit a Federation News Service article

Unlocked Tue 17 Sep, 2019 9:00 AM

0.44% have received this achievement

• Admiral
      Rare (50 Points)

Receive a promotion to the rank of Admiral

Unlocked Sat 27 Jun, 2020 9:03 PM

0.22% have received this achievement

• To Boldly Go On and On
      Rare (50 Points)

Reach one-thousand posts on the forums

Unlocked Mon 08 Oct, 2018 11:01 AM

0.71% have received this achievement

• Tour of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

RSVP to ten events via the Events System

Unlocked Sun 20 May, 2018 12:04 AM

1.31% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    Pronouns
    She/Her
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Jestersmith
    • Solace
    • Chris Wilkinson
    • Mack
    • Miles
    Reply With QuoteQuote
    FAB 240

FAB spacer small

December 2021 APPROVAL: 99%(-1%)
    September 2021 APPROVAL: 100%

DEPARTMENT REVIEW: NOT REQUIRED

Strongly Approve: 20%
    Approve: 18%
    Neutral: 61%
    Disapprove: 0%
    Strongly Disapprove: 1%

Not a bad bunch never share cookies
    Saelanna: But we do share very nice signatures which, are much lower in sugar and have absolutely no calories. Unfortunately, the replicators at the Academy are still broken and there is no cake.

Sul-Matuul: We're not allowed cookies either. The boss lady has us all on a diet Tongue Out

Solace: Saelanna never shares the cookies with us! :c

As far as i can tell this is runnning smooth as lubricated barings.
    Saelanna: That’s good to hear because it means we’re doing our jobs right!

Boss lady is boss.
    Saelanna: I do try!

Just joined no idea
    Saelanna: Welcome to the UFP! I look forward to seeing what you think in the next community survey in March.

the gestapo of the FEO. Like cronies or the new media in state-controlled dictatorships.
    Saelanna: I imagine you’re referring to our role as Community Moderators, which is only one part of what we do. The Graphics Team do amazing work producing high quality signatures, Technical Services Engineers help keep the website running and the Academy ensures that our new recruits are welcomed and looked after when they are new to the UFP. As far as moderation is concerned, FAB is here to ensure the site rules are followed by everyone, including myself and the other members of the FEO. There’s nothing secret about what we do, although a lot of it does happen behind the scenes, which makes us more like the local Sherriff (with the FEO being the Mayor and Town Council) than a state-controlled secret police with spies everywhere!

KerryMalone: As a Global Moderator, whilst I love the idea of sitting behind a computer wearing a full length black leather coat and a stylish Fedora, I hardly think we classify as a 'secret police' entity at all. Quite the opposite in fact - we are very much out there and visible. If we're comparable to anything, it's a street cop foot-patrolling your local area and interacting with everyone with a smile and a wave. When you fray a bit too close to the red-line, we politely nudge you back over to the right side. In extremus, we might have to give you a stern warning and possibly edit/delete a post that compromises our community guidelines, but we're very upfront about it when we do, and we always issue guidance in a Private Message if we've had to take action explaining what we've done and why and how you can avoid it in the future. I would proactively encourage anyone who has had a negative experience with any Global Moderator or GM action to reach out and speak to Saelanna and let her know.

Sul-Matuul: As another of the Global Moderators I'd say that we are very much not a secret police force, or part of some fascist dictatorship. I think the comparison is a little immature.
    We're the guys keeping all the spam accounts from flooding the community, ensuring sig pics don't get enormous and mess up everyone's browsing experience, making sure avatar pics are acceptable for the community, keeping threads in the right sections for easy browsing.
    There's nothing secret about what we do, much of it is pretty dull admin work!

Solace: Although I'm not a Global Moderator I can say with certainty that the moderators do a stellar job of looking after our membership, making sure that the forums are a safe and inclusive space for all to engage and enjoy. I think its an unfair to liken them to a secret police.

Keeping the streets clear, I like it
    Saelanna: Thank you.

I am new and have not done much research on how this group runs to b honest. I do not like passive aggressive behavior or comments.
    Saelanna: The Federation Administrative Bureau is responsible for the day-to-day running of the UFP; I’m not certain if you have witnessed passive aggressive behaviour or comments as a result of your interactions with members of the Bureau, and because the survey comments are anonymous I don’t know who you are. If there is a specific incident that has caused you to feel this way and to make this comment, then please feel free to get in touch. My door is always open!
    Saelanna
    Saelanna Medals