Started By:
Kiflin, Mon 18 Jul, 2022 7:20 AM
Views:
Replies:
  1. Master Chief Petty Officer
    Master Chief Petty Officer
    • Commendation
      Commendation (150 Points)

Awarded during the UFP Award Ceremony to those who go above and beyond for the community

Unlocked Sat 24 Dec, 2022 10:15 PM

0.22% have received this achievement

• Paragon of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Sign three roll calls in a row

Unlocked Mon 02 Mar, 2020 12:01 AM

9.77% have received this achievement

• Starfleet's Finest
      Common (10 Points)

Be a member of Starfleet Operations

Unlocked Thu 11 Jul, 2019 10:03 AM

28.11% have received this achievement

• tlhIngan SuvwI'
      Common (10 Points)

Be a member of the House of Kular

13.08% have received this achievement

• Old School Gamer
      Common (10 Points)

Be a member of Starfleet Tactical

Unlocked Thu 03 Mar, 2022 12:02 PM

7.02% have received this achievement

• The Mad House
      Common (10 Points)

Be a member of the Holodeck

13.01% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • LogicalLeopard
    • Kiflin
    • Josh Broughm
    Reply With QuoteQuote
    w6uCsie

Staff Meeting - Deck 1 Briefing Room - Stardate 58370.2 - July 18, 2381 - 03:30
    FAB spacer small

1RZFJx2
    Lt. Commander, I will answer you under one condition, that after I tell you what I know... you will never ask me to use my abilities again. I no longer want any part of intruding into alien minds or knowing the terrible urges of their consciousness...

o89a9jm
    Staff Meeting - Deck 1 Briefing Room - Stardate 58370.2 - July 18, 2381 - 03:30
    FAB spacer small

Thane considered for a moment and then responds "I cannot promise this. I will not promise this. While I will not force you to employ your abilities, I can empathize with your concerns as an active telepath myself. Right now we are on a limited time where this entire ship is in danger due to the presence of parasites that infect hosts and the easiest way to find them. Is to hunt for their presence amidst the sea of the crew. Not reading their thoughts or delving into the dark recesses of their minds. Just.. see them like an orange spot amidst a sea of blue." He explains. "I will not push on this however and I would prefer a time when we are not under the gun. To discuss this further. If you are comfortable with it beyond a file."

Thane glances off to his left a moment and then back to the Officer. "However if you have other suggestions for finding them beyond sensory, physical inspections and close up tricorder scans. I am all ears."

((Simm))
    • Commander
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Receive a promotion to the rank of Commander

Unlocked Sat 24 Sep, 2022 8:47 PM

0.64% have received this achievement

• Captain
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Ascend the ranks to reach the Captains chair

Unlocked Fri 04 Nov, 2022 1:05 PM

0.67% have received this achievement

• Paragon of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Unlocked Fri 01 Mar, 2019 1:01 AM

• Eternal Servitude!
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Be a registered user for five years

Unlocked Mon 07 Aug, 2023 1:06 AM

74.95% have received this achievement

• Well Respected
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Reach reputation tier 6

Unlocked Sun 31 Mar, 2019 3:00 PM

0.70% have received this achievement

• Dean’s List
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Pass all three Academy exams

Unlocked Fri 03 Jun, 2022 1:03 AM

3.99% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Kiflin
    • Josh Broughm
    Reply With QuoteQuote
     –  Last edited by LogicalLeopard; Mon 05 Dec, 2022 8:44 PM.
    1iShLqg

Bridge - Deck 1 - Stardate 58370.2 - July 18, 2381 - 03:30

VnCbvnr
    I ordered the rest of the crew off the Bridge until we could contain the target. Lt. Wales was killed by the host, Sir. The Parasite was controlling Ensign Kowalski when it fired upon Lt. Wales.Target has been neutralized Sir, we also have a live specimen. We are going to take it to DECK 7 to secure it... with your permission?
    qZSvrG9
    "Granted." He proceeded to the command chair, with a grimace etched in his mouth and jaw. It never got easier. He tried not to look as they removed Wales from the bridge. And Kowalski....he had already been through so much recently....

Turning his attention back to the operations of the ship, he spoke to the relief officer who slid into the helm chair. "Helm, set course to intercept the unknown Dominion vessel at the edge of the system, full impulse. Set condition to Yellow Alert." To the tactical officer on bridge duty, he asked, "Can you give me an estimate of how fast those torpedoes can be loaded?"
    https://ufplanets.com/ufp/images/signatures/LogicalLeopard.png
    LogicalLeopard Medals
  2. RPD Commanding Officer

• Commendation

Awarded during the UFP Award Ceremony to those who go above and beyond for the community

Unlocked Sat 25 Sep, 2021 9:23 PM

• Pillar of the Community
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Be a registered user for 10 years

Unlocked Tue 27 Aug, 2019 10:03 AM

34.20% have received this achievement

• The Ghost Writer
      Rare (50 Points)

Be the Commanding Officer of the Roleplay Division

Unlocked Fri 03 Jun, 2022 10:01 PM

0.04% have received this achievement

• Vice Admiral
      Rare (50 Points)

Receive a promotion to the rank of Vice Admiral

Unlocked Sat 14 Oct, 2023 3:01 PM

0.27% have received this achievement

• To Boldly Go On and On
      Rare (50 Points)

Reach one-thousand posts on the forums

Unlocked Mon 13 Jun, 2022 9:02 AM

0.71% have received this achievement

• Well Respected
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Reach reputation tier 6

Unlocked Sun 24 Apr, 2022 3:07 PM

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • LogicalLeopard
    • Josh Broughm
    • RavenSplat
    Reply With QuoteQuote
     –  Last edited by Kiflin; Thu 22 Dec, 2022 6:09 PM.
    3GuBZi0

DECK 7 - SICKBAY - Stardate 58370.2 - July 18, 2381 - 04:00
    FAB spacer small

QiHUBRJ

PHuQAdE
    Christine held her close in a comforting embrace, just letting her sob. "It's okay," she said quietly, "you're safe now." Christine stayed at the officer's side for a bit. Unbidden thought running through her head. Suddenly, she had an idea. A memory of some sort of talk her & her dad had about knock-out gasses. "Doc," she said, "would any type of knock-out agent work on certain lifeforms, but not others?"
    9dMzi8b
    Well we are still learning about this new species... there's much we do not yet know or understand. What could knock out most sentient beings may actually act like caffeine to our alien prisoner. We really don't have a clear understanding of what we are dealing with here!

NnUy1A8
    Calm down... Listen... give us more time Lt. to finish conducting our research, then we will see what we can find out and get back to you.

UfC7CtX
    Thane considered for a moment and then responds "I cannot promise this. I will not promise this. While I will not force you to employ your abilities, I can empathize with your concerns as an active telepath myself. Right now we are on a limited time where this entire ship is in danger due to the presence of parasites that infect hosts and the easiest way to find them. Is to hunt for their presence amidst the sea of the crew. Not reading their thoughts or delving into the dark recesses of their minds. Just.. see them like an orange spot amidst a sea of blue." He explains. "I will not push on this however and I would prefer a time when we are not under the gun. To discuss this further. If you are comfortable with it beyond a file."

Thane glances off to his left a moment and then back to the Officer. "However if you have other suggestions for finding them beyond sensory, physical inspections and close up tricorder scans. I am all ears."
    L72uyx8
    Looking away and biting her bottom lip... Doctor Lt. Sheldon closed her eyes and shook her head. Everytime she used her ability the images she wanted desperately to forget came rushing back to be relived again. She saw her parents again... embracing each other. Her father smiled as the only people that really mattered in her entire life were interlocked and standing near the viewport. It was time for school and her friend Mark had just entered the room to walk with her to morning class. She grabbed her lunch kit and backpack and smiled at her mom and dad before telling them she was going.

Usually she would get a kiss from both of them before she left for school, but today she saw how much they loved each other and she didn't want to interrupt their moment. As she walked out and just before the doors in synchronicity dashed to meet each other she turned around to see her parents both turn their heads quickly back from her to the viewport. She turned around and continued to walk alongside her friend as they began doing what most children did, run.

Not more then a few seconds later she lost her footing and was thrown 5 feet forward landing awkwardly on her side as the space station lurched, and spasmed. She turned to see that her friend Mark was laying a few feet in front of her unconcious. She attempted to get to her feet but she was thrown back down by another violent tremor. Then she felt herself being picked up off the cold flooring. She realized as she turned to see her rescuer that he had for pips on his right side below his neck. "Don't worry my child, I will make sure that you are ok." Daddy always said that 4 pips meant the Captain.

The black, bald, and goateed man ran and picked up Mark as well putting both children on either of his shoulders. Running at a full sprint despite holding Mark and her. She could hear someone speaking out of his object on his chest. They mentioned the number of her corridor and that it was compromised. She hated that word. Adults always used big words to describe something bad. And this was the worst... because it meant she would never see her parents again.

Still closing her eyes as she felt her tears beginning to flow she addressed her Lt. Commander once again. "This is the last time I ever do this... the creature is on deck 4, Jeffree's tube. It's next victim killed himself before it could get attached to his neck... I believe it was NCO Hansen.... it's wounded and cannot get out... it's a telepath... trying to fight me... but I am too strong for it... it's dying.... it's young very young... hurry Lt. Commander or you won't save it."

nYBlKKH

CO Ready Room - Deck 1 - Stardate 58370.2 - July 18, 2381 - 04:00
    FAB spacer small

WfdSmgr
    As Lt. Frov ceased thinking about what the Captain had mentioned to him and began to make his stride over to the exit doors there was a sound indicating a new transmission upon Captain Bliiqs non locked datapad. Intrigued Frov took two steps to actually be in position to read the message. "Pending his approval and crew placement Lt. Commander Krajin will be given command of the USS Nakamura 26531..." After turning away from the screen he walked through the doors with a quick stride. Believing he had done the most on starship by far and was worthy of a commission himself as his rage bubbled over, Frov couldn't help but sneer.
    Kiflin
    Kiflin Medals
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Unlocked Mon 26 Aug, 2019 11:07 PM

• The Ghost Writer
      Rare (50 Points)

Unlocked Wed 23 Jun, 2021 10:02 PM

• Commodore
      Rare (50 Points)

Receive a promotion to the rank of Commodore

Unlocked Wed 23 Jun, 2021 9:11 PM

0.48% have received this achievement

• Captain
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Unlocked Tue 31 Jan, 2012 5:44 PM

• Paragon of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Unlocked Mon 28 Sep, 2015 8:01 PM

• Highly Decorated
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Receive every medal the UFP has to offer

Unlocked Sat 24 Sep, 2022 9:00 PM

0.18% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Kiflin
    Reply With QuoteQuote
    DECK 7 - SICKBAY - Stardate 58370.2 - July 18, 2381 - 04:00
    FAB spacer small

9dMzi8b
    Well we are still learning about this new species... there's much we do not yet know or understand. What could knock out most sentient beings may actually act like caffeine to our alien prisoner. We really don't have a clear understanding of what we are dealing with here!

NnUy1A8
    Calm down... Listen... give us more time Lt. to finish conducting our research, then we will see what we can find out and get back to you.
    Name:  Melissa Raunch.png
Views: 360
Size:  33.3 KB

Christine nodded. She couldn't help any more. She patted the ensign on the shoulder, then headed for the door. Then, a vague memory came into focus. Almost like a soft voice in her ear. She gave me a rather subtle come hither look when we first met. I don't know how Caymen didn't catch it. The memory swam to her like a guppy. "Doc," She said, "I think my dad has some files on these creatures. Don't ask how I know, as its a personal matter."

((SIMM))
    JoshBroughm
    JoshBroughm Medals
  3. Master Chief Petty Officer
    • Commendation

• Paragon of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

• Starfleet's Finest
      Common (10 Points)

• tlhIngan SuvwI'
      Common (10 Points)

• Old School Gamer
      Common (10 Points)

• The Mad House
      Common (10 Points)

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Kiflin
    • Nesta
    • Josh Broughm
    Reply With QuoteQuote
    L72uyx8
    Looking away and biting her bottom lip... Doctor Lt. Sheldon closed her eyes and shook her head. Everytime she used her ability the images she wanted desperately to forget came rushing back to be relived again. She saw her parents again... embracing each other. Her father smiled as the only people that really mattered in her entire life were interlocked and standing near the viewport. It was time for school and her friend Mark had just entered the room to walk with her to morning class. She grabbed her lunch kit and backpack and smiled at her mom and dad before telling them she was going.

Usually she would get a kiss from both of them before she left for school, but today she saw how much they loved each other and she didn't want to interrupt their moment. As she walked out and just before the doors in synchronicity dashed to meet each other she turned around to see her parents both turn their heads quickly back from her to the viewport. She turned around and continued to walk alongside her friend as they began doing what most children did, run.

Not more then a few seconds later she lost her footing and was thrown 5 feet forward landing awkwardly on her side as the space station lurched, and spasmed. She turned to see that her friend Mark was laying a few feet in front of her unconscious. She attempted to get to her feet but she was thrown back down by another violent tremor. Then she felt herself being picked up off the cold flooring. She realized as she turned to see her rescuer that he had for pips on his right side below his neck. "Don't worry my child, I will make sure that you are ok." Daddy always said that 4 pips meant the Captain.

The black, bald, and goateed man ran and picked up Mark as well putting both children on either of his shoulders. Running at a full sprint despite holding Mark and her. She could hear someone speaking out of his object on his chest. They mentioned the number of her corridor and that it was compromised. She hated that word. Adults always used big words to describe something bad. And this was the worst... because it meant she would never see her parents again.

Still closing her eyes as she felt her tears beginning to flow she addressed her Lt. Commander once again. "This is the last time I ever do this... the creature is on deck 4, Jeffree's tube. It's next victim killed himself before it could get attached to his neck... I believe it was NCO Hansen.... it's wounded and cannot get out... it's a telepath... trying to fight me... but I am too strong for it... it's dying.... it's young very young... hurry Lt. Commander or you won't save it."

nYBlKKH

Staff Meeting - Deck 1 Briefing Room - Stardate 58370.2 - July 18, 2381 - 04:00
    FAB spacer small

Thane listened to Dr Sheldon, he truly did appreciate this and found someone with considerable telepathic potential. He picked up on the brief imprints, the pain and the images of her memories as they rode to the surface so suddenly. It took a moment, just a little for Thane to understand and compartmentalise it for later. "Will do! Thank you! You are more than welcome to come along and assist. Or take time with the Counsellor." Thane taps his Commbadge and starts for the nearest turbolift at a sprint. "I need Security and Medical to Deck 4, Jefferies tube. Bring a containment unit and requisite tools for an emergency extraction. The creature is currently in a host who killed themselves before it could take control. We need it alive, be aware it is telepathic capable."

Thane entered the Turbolift "Deck Four!" Now.. once on the deck he would be there.. what would he find? As he focused his own telepathy to try and home in on the creature.

((Simm))
  4. RPD Executive Officer

• Dedicated
      Rare (50 Points)

Volunteer for 1+ year

Unlocked Fri 05 Oct, 2018 12:21 AM

0.54% have received this achievement

• Correspondent
      Rare (50 Points)

Submit a Federation News Service article

Unlocked Sat 29 Sep, 2018 1:28 PM

0.44% have received this achievement

• Captain
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Unlocked Sat 20 May, 2023 6:03 PM

• Paragon of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Unlocked Thu 01 Mar, 2018 7:03 AM

• Eternal Servitude!
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Unlocked Tue 16 Aug, 2022 1:01 PM

• Stepping Forward
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Going from Clearance Level 3 to Clearance Level 4

1.91% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    Pronouns
    He/Him
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Josh Broughm
    • Kiflin
    Reply With QuoteQuote
     –  Last edited by Nesta; Fri 13 Jan, 2023 10:59 PM.
    Deck 11-10 - Turbolift - Stardate 58370.2 - 18 JULY, 2381 - 04:00
    FAB spacer small
    Lieutenant Commander R’Turan had done many things in his life. Hunting one of these parasite worms was not one of them. He had been on his way to the bridge to report to Commander Bliqs for a new assignment from his previous task on deck 17 when this crisis struck. And now, while on the way to the bridge, Lt Commander Thane’s voice echoed over the USS Fearless’ intercom.
    "I need Security and Medical to Deck 4, Jefferies tube. Bring a containment unit and requisite tools for an emergency extraction. The creature is currently in a host who killed themselves before it could take control. We need it alive, be aware it is telepathic capable."
    R’Turan had spent some time with the Ferasan exchange Officer, even if their formal duties made this somewhat difficult: the Tactical department was always busy. He found it admirable that the Ferasan FDF officer had volunteered for the exchange program, as he knew that it was a decided shift from the ruthless, feudalist inter-clan politics and warfare of the Klingon Empire, to the peaceful nature of the Federation and hierarchic cooperation of its Starfleet.

One bright yellow eye—opposite a blind one—narrowed faintly, his ears flicked to the side as a nonverbal acknowledgement of Va’rek’s orders, and the black-furred Lieutenant Commander R’Turan tapped his combadge once and purred in his usual stern tone: “Understood, sir. I’m on my way, shall lock down the deck,” and a claw tapped his combadge again, severing the link to the ship’s intercom. A brief shiver went through his whiskers as the Caitian considered this situation for a moment like a tactician would a battlefield. “Deck Four,” He instructed the computer, and the lift whirred into action. “Computer, lock all doors on deck four, no entry or exit without clearance codes equal to or greater than my own. Authorisation: R’Turan-Epsilon-9-2-5.”

And again he pressed his combadge. “R’Turan to sickbay.” His long, black tail gently flicked from side to side behind him in authoritative impatience, and he waited for a reply, and for a moment he wondered what he might find awaiting him on Deck Four, which held the Quarters of the Non-Commissioned-Officers, the Enlisted Crew Mess Hall, and the Galley of the USS Fearless. He'd not frequented this part of the ship too often, so he wasn't quite sure what to expect. It unnerved him faintly, but duty called.

((Tag: Krajin, SIMM, Sickbay))
    Nesta
    Nesta Medals
    Pax Vobiscum
  5. RPD Commanding Officer

• Commendation

Very Rare (100 Points)

• The Ghost Writer
      Rare (50 Points)

• Vice Admiral
      Rare (50 Points)

• To Boldly Go On and On
      Rare (50 Points)

• Well Respected
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Reach reputation tier 6

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • None
    Reply With QuoteQuote
     –  Last edited by Kiflin; Sat 18 Feb, 2023 12:38 PM.
    y4qZ0pc

DECK 4 - - Stardate 58370.2 - July 18, 2381 - 04:30
    FAB spacer small

ERvbSJA

UfC7CtX
    "I need Security and Medical to Deck 4, Jefferies tube. Bring a containment unit and requisite tools for an emergency extraction. The creature is currently in a host who killed themselves before it could take control. We need it alive, be aware it is telepathic capable."
    hoYc4U9
    “Understood, sir. I’m on my way, shall lock down the deck,” and a claw tapped his combadge again, severing the link to the ship’s intercom. A brief shiver went through his whiskers as the Caitian considered this situation for a moment like a tactician would a battlefield. “Deck Four,” He instructed the computer, and the lift whirred into action. “Computer, lock all doors on deck four, no entry or exit without clearance codes equal to or greater than my own. Authorisation: R’Turan-Epsilon-9-2-5.”
    Several seconds after the arrival of Lt. Commander Thane, several security officers emerge from the parting doors of the turbolift led by Lt. Gavin Fav. Approximately 6 security officers followed by one Bridge Officer accompany him. Lt. Fav signals with his hands motioning the Officers to station at the doorway of each of the rooms upon the Deck 4. Once each officer is in position Lt. Gavin nods to give the approval for the remaining officers to walk towards the Jefferies Tube which ultimately connects to the Shuttle Cargo Bay on Deck 4. With phaser rifle drawn the security officer notices that the door has been locked...

VnCbvnr
    Sir, someone has locked the door with a security code. It is a higher clearance level than my own. We will need your assistance to proceed.

rdW5L8n
    I'm getting a faint reading already... two lifeforms... but one has a very strange energy spectrum... they seem to be moving towards the Shuttle Cargo Bay!

QiHUBRJ
    DECK 7 - SICKBAY - Stardate 58370.2 - July 18, 2381 - 04:30
    FAB spacer small

PHuQAdE
    She gave me a rather subtle come hither look when we first met. I don't know how Caymen didn't catch it. The memory swam to her like a guppy. "Doc," She said, "I think my dad has some files on these creatures. Don't ask how I know, as its a personal matter."She gave me a rather subtle come hither look when we first met. I don't know how Caymen didn't catch it. The memory swam to her like a guppy. "Doc," She said, "I think my dad has some files on these creatures. Don't ask how I know, as its a personal matter."
    r1iCiE1
    Any information that you believe would be helpful to us you are more than welcome to share, Lt. Urquhart. Pardon me, but... just who is your dad?

hoYc4U9
    “R’Turan to sickbay.”
    NnUy1A8
    Sickbay here, how can we assist you?
    Kiflin
    Kiflin Medals
      Very Rare (100 Points)

• The Ghost Writer
      Rare (50 Points)

• Commodore
      Rare (50 Points)

• Captain
      Uncommon (25 Points)

• Paragon of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

• Highly Decorated
      Very Rare (100 Points)

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • None
    Reply With QuoteQuote
    QiHUBRJ
    DECK 7 - SICKBAY - Stardate 58370.2 - July 18, 2381 - 04:30
    FAB spacer small
    r1iCiE1
    Any information that you believe would be helpful to us you are more than welcome to share, Lt. Urquhart. Pardon me, but... just who is your dad?
Views: 367
    Christine looked at her and said, "Admiral Josh Broughm, Starfleet Medical specialist in command of the Infectious Disease Rapid Response unit. I recall him mentioning that he first encountered these things in one of his first missions on the August...I think." She had to think for a moment on the memory. "Sorry, but my memory is....for a lack of a better term...♥♥♥♥."

((SIMM))
    JoshBroughm
    JoshBroughm Medals
  6. Master Chief Petty Officer
    • Commendation

• Paragon of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

• Starfleet's Finest
      Common (10 Points)

• tlhIngan SuvwI'
      Common (10 Points)

• Old School Gamer
      Common (10 Points)

• The Mad House
      Common (10 Points)

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Kiflin
    • RavenSplat
    Reply With QuoteQuote
    y4qZ0pc

FAB spacer small

ERvbSJA

Several seconds after the arrival of Lt. Commander Thane, several security officers emerge from the parting doors of the turbolift led by Lt. Gavin Fav. Approximately 6 security officers followed by one Bridge Officer accompany him. Lt. Fav signals with his hands motioning the Officers to station at the doorway of each of the rooms upon the Deck 4. Once each officer is in position Lt. Gavin nods to give the approval for the remaining officers to walk towards the Jefferies Tube which ultimately connects to the Shuttle Cargo Bay on Deck 4. With phaser rifle drawn the security officer notices that the door has been locked...

VnCbvnr
    Sir, someone has locked the door with a security code. It is a higher clearance level than my own. We will need your assistance to proceed.

rdW5L8n
    I'm getting a faint reading already... two lifeforms... but one has a very strange energy spectrum... they seem to be moving towards the Shuttle Cargo Bay!

FAB spacer small

ERvbSJA

Thane had made his way down to that very same deck with the security team as quickly as he could. Getting his Disruptor drawn and setting it to stun, he glanced to the Officer as he was told about the life forms and that the door had been locked. =^="Bridge, lock down the shuttle bay doors so none can take a shuttle to flee or vent.=^=

Glancing to his team he nodded to the officers "Alright. Weapons to stun, be ready and advance on the shuttle bay. Computer, Override Security seal Authorization: Thane 7-2-9-Omega-4." The moment the door would open, Thane readied himself to enter, the Security officers going ahead to do their jobs while he covered the rear.

((Simm))
  7. RPD Executive Officer

• Dedicated
      Rare (50 Points)

Volunteer for 1+ year

Unlocked Fri 05 Oct, 2018 12:21 AM

0.54% have received this achievement

• Correspondent
      Rare (50 Points)

Submit a Federation News Service article

0.44% have received this achievement

• Captain
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Unlocked Sat 20 May, 2023 6:03 PM

• Paragon of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Unlocked Thu 01 Mar, 2018 7:03 AM

• Eternal Servitude!
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Unlocked Tue 16 Aug, 2022 1:01 PM

• Stepping Forward
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Going from Clearance Level 3 to Clearance Level 4

1.91% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    Pronouns
    He/Him
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Kiflin
    Reply With QuoteQuote
     –  Last edited by Nesta; Sat 18 Mar, 2023 4:30 PM.
    Deck 4 - Stardate 58370.2 - 18 JULY, 2381 - 04:00
    FAB spacer small
    Name:  NnUy1A8.png
Views: 341
Size:  46.5 KB
    "Sickbay here, how can we assist you?"
    As the turbo lift engaged and whirred to life towards Deck 4, R’Turan purred quietly and replied to Medical, his tone contained and ready. “Send a medical team to Deck 4, on orders of Lieutenant Commander Thane. Bring tools for immediate extraction: we have a parasitic being inside a member of personnel that needs to be extracted. Be aware: it is telepathic.” Pressing his combadge again, R’Turan stepped aside and out of the turbo-lift, unlocked the door in front of him and slowly began making his way through the corridors of Deck 4, heading to the Shuttlebay to meet up with Thane.

He pressed his combadge: “Sir. I am at Deck Four and on my way, where shall we rendezvous?” He drew his phaser as he crossed through the Jefferies Tube, he pressed a few buttons to put it to stun. Tail flicking behind him from side to side, R’Turan kept a wary eye on his surroundings in all sense of the word: acute hearing, smell, and sight were all engaged to keep the Caitian safe as he proceeded through the corridor, phaser at the ready and security training kicking in. He’d missed this. He’d very much missed this.

((Tag: Krajin, SIMM))
    Nesta
    Nesta Medals
    Pax Vobiscum
  8. RPD Commanding Officer

• Commendation

Very Rare (100 Points)

• The Ghost Writer
      Rare (50 Points)

• Vice Admiral
      Rare (50 Points)

• To Boldly Go On and On
      Rare (50 Points)

• Well Respected
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Reach reputation tier 6

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Nesta
    • RavenSplat
    Reply With QuoteQuote
     –  Last edited by Kiflin; Sun 19 Mar, 2023 6:25 AM.
    wZGyQGI

BRIDGE - Stardate 58370.2 - July 18, 2381 - 05:00
    FAB spacer small

s4ndoQJ
    The Fearless came to an abrupt stop as creaking sounds caused by the brakes expressed their efforts to follow digital commands delivered from carbon based lifeforms fingers. As the officers within the bridge peered in the direction of the viewscreen they could clearly discern the derelict dominion starship mostly devoid of lights except near the rear of the tail. Immediately, Lt. Commander Sokel steps in front of the sensor station and begins to utilize it's keys...

9PSWZjQ
    Captain, there are no life readings upon that starship... I suggest sending an Away team to investig-- Captain? Are you ok?

Commander Bliiqs falls from his chair and rolls to a stop to lay unconscious upon the Bridge. Darting over as quickly as they could get their body to move Ensign Kelika cradles Captain Bliqs head and gently slaps his face repeatedly. Lt. Commander Sokel calmly walks over to the Command Chair and presses the ship-wide coms key... ((=^=))I am assuming Command of this vessel until Lt. Commander Thane arrives.((=^=)) ((Sits in Command Chair))

9PSWZjQ
    Maintain yellow alert, raise our shields and charge our phasers... whoever did this could still be here... how is the Captain, Ensign?

yellow alert condition yellow

2WfKO46
    We need a medical crew up here now!!! The Captain is unresponsive!!!

9PSWZjQ
    Keep your poise Ensign, I am alerting medical now... Ensign pull out your phaser and aim at him he could be infected.

2WfKO46
    Ensign Celo has the Tricorder!! ((Panicking)) Oh my gawd!! That THING may be already on ME!!! ((drops Captain's head and begins scratching all over her body))

9PSWZjQ
    Dammit Ensign Kelika REMAIN calm! Now pull out your side arm and keep it on the Captain, NOW!

DECK 4 - Stardate 58370.2 - July 18, 2381 - 05:00
    FAB spacer small

4Sth87l

The 6 Security Guards maintain formation keeping their phaser rifles raised as they continued to cover each other through the now opened door. Both R Turan and Lt. Commander Thane followed in watch of the Security Officers rear. Upon entering the Shuttle Cargo bay the Security Officers witness a site that terrifies them.

Dragging his left foot while staggering towards a nearby shuttle... a body of a deceased male jerkingly steps slowly reaching out with it's right hand. A slight wail can be heard escaping it's lips. The team of Officers still in shock continue to stand in bewilderment...

uN6quJd
    Commander, what are your orders?
  9. Master Chief Petty Officer
    • Commendation

• Paragon of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

• Starfleet's Finest
      Common (10 Points)

• tlhIngan SuvwI'
      Common (10 Points)

• Old School Gamer
      Common (10 Points)

• The Mad House
      Common (10 Points)

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Kiflin
    • RavenSplat
    Reply With QuoteQuote
    FAB spacer small

4Sth87l

The 6 Security Guards maintain formation keeping their phaser rifles raised as they continued to cover each other through the now opened door. Both R Turan and Lt. Commander Thane followed in watch of the Security Officers rear. Upon entering the Shuttle Cargo bay the Security Officers witness a site that terrifies them.

Dragging his left foot while staggering towards a nearby shuttle... a body of a deceased male jerkingly steps slowly reaching out with it's right hand. A slight wail can be heard escaping it's lips. The team of Officers still in shock continue to stand in bewilderment...

uN6quJd
    Commander, what are your orders?

FAB spacer small

Rounding the corridor with the Security team flanking ahead of him like they were his personal guard and he, the Commissar. Seeing the horrifying sight before them and his team locking up. Thane chose not to hesitate, with a fluid motion he steps and turns, dominant foot forward and bringing up the Disruptor with his Thumb pressed on the 'Kill' setting. "Take him and the parasite down!" He aims and fires at the centre of mass of the dead, possessed officer. Aiming for the spine to sever the creature's control of man.

((Simm))
      Very Rare (100 Points)

• The Ghost Writer
      Rare (50 Points)

• Commodore
      Rare (50 Points)

• Captain
      Uncommon (25 Points)

• Paragon of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

• Highly Decorated
      Very Rare (100 Points)

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Kiflin
    • Krajin
    Reply With QuoteQuote
    DECK 1 - Bridge - Stardate 58370.2 - July 18, 2381 - 04:40
    FAB spacer small
Views: 193

After being told that the doctor would get a hold of her father for this information, Christine headed to the bridge. Upon exiting, she said, "We found a member of my team. She's uninjured, but pretty shook up. Is there anything I can-" She stopped abruptly. Frov was sitting in the command chair & the Captain was motionless in a ensign's lap. She looked like she was frantically searching for something. Christine quickly ran to the pair and asked, "What happened?"

((Simm))
    JoshBroughm
    JoshBroughm Medals
  10. RPD Commanding Officer

• Commendation

Very Rare (100 Points)

• The Ghost Writer
      Rare (50 Points)

• Vice Admiral
      Rare (50 Points)

• To Boldly Go On and On
      Rare (50 Points)

• Well Respected
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Reach reputation tier 6

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • RavenSplat
    • AlexRider
    Reply With QuoteQuote
     –  Last edited by Kiflin; Tue 23 May, 2023 6:51 PM.
    2dFOqLP

THE FEARLESS
    CHAPTER 4: "THE CALM BEFORE"
    separator

So much has changed and yet so much has remained the same. I couldn't believe how much time had passed since I was placed in command of DS9. Now with me only still becoming acquainted with the new technologies that have been upgraded to the station, I find myself in the middle of an invasion to the Federation once again. Only instead of it being led by the Dominion which also seem to be targets of this new threat, these parasites have managed to turn us against ourselves. Several starships have tried to dock with DS9 however none have used the updated number sequence that the remaining non-infected Admiralty of Starfleet have been sending us in advance.

In each instance once we tell them they are not allowed clearance they have immediately attacked us. At which point we have disabled their starships but have not made the decision to eliminate them due to the lives at stake. Sadly, in each instance it is the infected aboard who have initiated the self destruct sequence every time... effectively ending the lives of all souls aboard. I did not come back to the land of the living to become so powerless again! I must find an answer to these invaders and stop them from continuing to throw so many innocent lives away!

Captain Nerys, Commander Worf, The Old Man, and myself have been trying our best to piece together what the object is and how we can turn the tide of this... parasitic invasion.

Xuaxyii
    *sighs* We have already been over this... these parasites are not exactly the same as the previous ones that Captain Picard encountered during 41775.5. Their physical appearance is but these aliens seem to be much more coordinated.

R6ktkkA
    I don't know... maybe they have learned from their experience before? Adjusted their tactics?

70wbAeH
    Whether or not they are exactly the same isn't the point! Sooner or later we will encounter a Taskforce... and even if we are successful in defending against them, we still have to watch them kill their hosts!

Hyxe6zs
    She has a point. Captain Sisko, why is it do you believe they are different?

Xuaxyii
    That I have yet to understand Commander Worf. I have no proof no evidence of any kind. I just... feel that they are.

70wbAeH
    Captain, is it possible that you have somehow retained some of your gifts?

Xuaxyii
    I don't know... I feel the same as before... but yet I know I am different. *sighs* I just need more time... which is exactly the thing I know I won't receive.

R6ktkkA
    For all of our sakes Captain, I hope you are wrong.
    Kiflin
    Kiflin Medals
  11. RPD Commanding Officer

• Commendation

Very Rare (100 Points)

• The Ghost Writer
      Rare (50 Points)

• Vice Admiral
      Rare (50 Points)

• To Boldly Go On and On
      Rare (50 Points)

• Well Respected
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Reach reputation tier 6

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Nesta
    • RavenSplat
    • AlexRider
    Reply With QuoteQuote
     –  Last edited by Kiflin; Wed 10 May, 2023 7:21 PM.
    sJuZzlk

BRIDGE - Deck 1 - Stardate 58370.2 - July 18, 2381 - 05:30
    FAB spacer small

yellow alert condition yellow

9PSWZjQ
    What do you think happened Lt. Urquhart? One of those damned things probably is or has taken control of the Captain! I just alerted medical to take him down to sickbay... and I'm going to order everyone in here rescreened. Probably would be good to keep our doors locked after the Captain is taken down as well. We cannot afford to let another one of those things in here!

2WfKO46
    I, I'm ok... just got bit nervous. My apologizes Lt. Commander Sokel... it won't happen again. (Unholsters phaser and aims it at the unconscious Commander Bliiqs)

Outside of the Bridge two medical officers arrive and are scanned by two security officers standing just outside the turbolift. After several moments they allowed entry. Both calmly step through as the Bridge doors rush apart from each other.

9dMzi8b
    Is that really necessary? It's the Captain for Christs sake!!

2WfKO46
    I am following Lt. Commander's orders.! (hardening her face)

1RZFJx2
    Listen, Ensign Kelica... right?

2WfKO46
    Yes, that is correct.

1RZFJx2
    I know you are only following orders, however we are here now and we would like for you to lower your phaser so we can safely get to the Captain and take him to sickbay. Will you allow us to do that?

9PSWZjQ
    You keep your phaser raised Ensign. That is an order!

NnUy1A8
    ((=^=)) This is Science Officer Thompson, come in Lt. Urquhart? Your father just contacted me. He told me that he was very happy to know you were ok, and that he was coming to personally see you. His signal came from a starship not his Starbase 124 as it says in his file. He didn't want you to know he is coming... he told me it would be a surprise. I thought you should know, anyways.((=^=))

4Sth87l
    DECK 4 - Stardate 58370.2 - July 18, 2381 - 05:30
    FAB spacer small

UfC7CtX
    Lt. Commander Thane
    Rounding the corridor with the Security team flanking ahead of him like they were his personal guard and he, the Commissar. Seeing the horrifying sight before them and his team locking up. Thane chose not to hesitate, with a fluid motion he steps and turns, dominant foot forward and bringing up the Disruptor with his Thumb pressed on the 'Kill' setting. "Take him and the parasite down!" He aims and fires at the centre of mass of the dead, possessed officer. Aiming for the spine to sever the creature's control of man.
    All 6 security officers simultaneously open fire. Most of the streaks of light intercept the staggering Federation officer as blinding light envelops the back of his neck and one line impacts his torso at the highest setting. His entire body glows and then is vaporized.

uN6quJd
    Which one of you fired at his torso? The Commander gave you all precise orders of contact!

The science officer quickly pulls out her tricorder to get new readings... after checking the room she also checks each of the Security Officers.

rdW5L8n
    Not picking up any additional readings from anywhere in this room. Whoever fired the shot isn't infected. It could have been an accident. Honestly Lt. the host was dead to begin with is this really worth investigating?

uN6quJd
    I could check the readings from each weapon and find out which of you had your settings on the highest level. Your orders Commander?

NnUy1A8
    ((=^=)) Commander Thane? Cmdre Picard is trying to contact us... should I direct to you where you are or in the meeting room? The Captain has passed out upon the bridge... medical staff have been sent to bring him back to sickbay. Do you need medical assistance there?((=^=))
    Kiflin
    Kiflin Medals