• Nesta
    • Krajin
    • AlexRider
    Reply With QuoteQuote
    sJuZzlk

BRIDGE - Deck 1 - Stardate 58370.2 - July 18, 2381 - 05:30
    FAB spacer small

9PSWZjQ
    What do you think happened Lt. Urquhart? One of those damned things probably is or has taken control of the Captain! I just alerted medical to take him down to sickbay... and I'm going to order everyone in here rescreened. Probably would be good to keep our doors locked after the Captain is taken down as well. We cannot afford to let another one of those things in here!
    Name:  Melissa Raunch.png
Views: 532
Size:  33.3 KB

Christine got slightly annoyed at being addressed in a rude manner, but brushed it off as the entire situation was utter chaos. "Once the med team arrives," she said, "I'll lock the bridge."

((Simm))

NnUy1A8
    ((=^=)) This is Science Officer Thompson, come in Lt. Urquhart? Your father just contacted me. He told me that he was very happy to know you were ok, and that he was coming to personally see you. His signal came from a starship not his Starbase 124 as it says in his file. He didn't want you to know he is coming... he told me it would be a surprise. I thought you should know, anyways.((=^=))
Views: 532

She bowed her head and said, "You've got to be kidding me. Thanks Sarah." She closed the comm. Christine did not expect her own father to show up, which means, he figures the situation is much more serious than it is. "Lt. Sokel," she said, "can I have a word with you?"

((Simm))
    JoshBroughm
    JoshBroughm Medals
  1. RPD Executive Officer

• Dedicated
      Rare (50 Points)

Volunteer for 1+ year

Unlocked Fri 05 Oct, 2018 12:21 AM

0.54% have received this achievement

• Correspondent
      Rare (50 Points)

Submit a Federation News Service article

Unlocked Sat 29 Sep, 2018 1:28 PM

0.43% have received this achievement

• Stepping Forward
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Going from Clearance Level 3 to Clearance Level 4

Unlocked Sat 29 Sep, 2018 1:28 PM

1.91% have received this achievement

• Captain
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Ascend the ranks to reach the Captains chair

Unlocked Sat 20 May, 2023 6:03 PM

0.67% have received this achievement

• Paragon of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Sign three roll calls in a row

Unlocked Thu 01 Mar, 2018 7:03 AM

9.74% have received this achievement

• Eternal Servitude!
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Be a registered user for five years

Unlocked Tue 16 Aug, 2022 1:01 PM

75.56% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    Pronouns
    He/Him
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Kiflin
    • Krajin
    • AlexRider
    • Josh Broughm
    Reply With QuoteQuote
     –  Last edited by Nesta; Thu 11 May, 2023 10:03 PM.
    Deck 4 - Stardate 58370.2 - July 18, 2381 - 05:30
    FAB spacer small

Just slightly behind the towering Ferasan Security Officer and his team, who moved like a Commissar and troops, moved quietly and elegantly, each step set before the other in perfect militaristic training, the black-furred, Caitian form of Lt Commander R’Turan. One hand held the phaser; the other rested on his breast over his ribs, close enough to the comm badge on his chest so that if anything went wrong, he could call for aid without delay. He raised the setting on his phaser, raised his type-2 at the Commander’s order, and fired…

All 6 security officers simultaneously open fire. Most of the streaks of light intercept the staggering Federation officer as blinding light envelops the back of his neck and one line impacts his torso at the highest setting. His entire body glows and then is vaporized.
    A yellow-orange beam of high-intensity energy surged from the emitter—and struck the poor unfortunate soul of the infected Officer simultaneously with all the rest. Within the blink of an eye, the figure was gone, and nothing remained where they stood. R’Turan couldn’t help but grimace at the sight of the vaporisation—his slitted eyes narrowed from the light before it faded.

Nevertheless, the proper route now was forward. Holstering his phaser and briefly fixing his uniform, R’Turan paced forwards, through the small team of security officers, his tail flicking from side to side behind him, a single sharp look likely—hopefully—scattering them. “Sir! Your orders?” He purred when he came to rest and snapped to attention before the Lt Commander. His bright yellow gaze was fixed on the larger Ferasan, now completely disregarding whatever was left (if anything) of the former officer.

uN6quJd
    Which one of you fired at his torso? The Commander gave you all precise orders of contact!

The science officer quickly pulls out her tricorder to get new readings... after checking the room she also checks each of the Security Officers.

rdW5L8n
    Not picking up any additional readings from anywhere in this room. Whoever fired the shot isn't infected. It could have been an accident. Honestly, Lt. the host was dead to begin with is this really worth investigating?

uN6quJd
    I could check the readings from each weapon and find out which of you had your settings on the highest level. Your orders Commander?
    As the officers continued to bicker and R'Turan awaited further instructions, his ears perked up at the sound of the intercom of the USS Fearless pinging—and a most curious look came over the Caitian. It wasn't distress, exactly, and the emotion written in his fur was hard to read, but his usually flat fur ever so faintly rose. The captain had passed out on the bridge? Did it have anything to do with the situation here in the hangar bay? Unanswered questions and other thoughts raced through his mind, and R'Turan felt his tail coil around one of his legs, halting itself in the side-to-side flicking that usually indicated worry. He wouldn't allow that to show. Not now. Not here.

NnUy1A8
    ((=^=)) Commander Thane? Cmdre Picard is trying to contact us... should I direct to you where you are or in the meeting room? The Captain has passed out upon the bridge... medical staff have been sent to bring him back to sickbay. Do you need medical assistance there?((=^=))
    Nesta
    Nesta Medals
    Christus Surréxit
    Surréxit Vere
    Allelúja
  2. Command Master Chief Petty Officer
    Command Master Chief Petty Officer
    • Commendation
      Commendation (150 Points)

Awarded during the UFP Award Ceremony to those who go above and beyond for the community

Unlocked Sat 24 Dec, 2022 10:15 PM

0.24% have received this achievement

• Command Master Chief Petty Officer
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Receive the rank of Command Master Chief Petty Officer

Unlocked 3 Weeks Ago

0.03% have received this achievement

• Paragon of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Unlocked Mon 02 Mar, 2020 12:01 AM

• Firestarter
      Common (10 Points)

Start a new forum topic

Unlocked Thu 11 Jul, 2019 9:01 AM

41.15% have received this achievement

• My 2 Cents
      Common (10 Points)

Post in a forum topic

42.80% have received this achievement

• Electorate
      Common (10 Points)

Vote in a forum poll

Unlocked Thu 06 Feb, 2020 9:00 PM

11.98% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Kiflin
    • RavenSplat
    • AlexRider
    • Josh Broughm
    Reply With QuoteQuote
    sJuZzlk

4Sth87l
    DECK 4 - Stardate 58370.2 - July 18, 2381 - 05:30
    FAB spacer small

All 6 security officers simultaneously open fire. Most of the streaks of light intercept the staggering Federation officer as blinding light envelops the back of his neck and one line impacts his torso at the highest setting. His entire body glows and then is vaporized.

uN6quJd
    Which one of you fired at his torso? The Commander gave you all precise orders of contact!

The science officer quickly pulls out her tricorder to get new readings... after checking the room she also checks each of the Security Officers.

rdW5L8n
    Not picking up any additional readings from anywhere in this room. Whoever fired the shot isn't infected. It could have been an accident. Honestly Lt. the host was dead to begin with is this really worth investigating?

uN6quJd
    I could check the readings from each weapon and find out which of you had your settings on the highest level. Your orders Commander?

NnUy1A8
    ((=^=)) Commander Thane? Cmdre Picard is trying to contact us... should I direct to you where you are or in the meeting room? The Captain has passed out upon the bridge... medical staff have been sent to bring him back to sickbay. Do you need medical assistance there?((=^=))
    DECK 4 - Stardate 58370.2 - July 18, 2381 - 05:30
    FAB spacer small

Multiple beams struck the poor, dead soul ahead of them, his body defiled, piloted by the Parasite in a desperate attempt to survive vaporized before their eyes. Thane lowered his weapon and looked at each of the officers, the near empathic abilities of his reading each and every one of the Security guards in the room, along with the officers. R'turan included as he approached with his phaser holstered. Many different thoughts ran through his mind as he pieced together the possibilities. His steely expression remained written on his face. Time to deal with everything in order.

"I gave orders and they all followed them spectacularly. I aimed for the Torso, however there are many theories that could result for the disintegration that happened, likely in part due to the difference in energy types being mixed. For now we shall let this be. We have more urgent matters to attend to.” Thane responded, firmly but not rude or harsh in any form. He canted his head slightly to the right as other officers comm’d in whilst R’turan approached.

((=^=))“Transfer it to the meeting room. I’ll be there momentarily. We do not need medical assistance down here fortunately. Thank you. Make sure the Captain has been screened on the way to the Medbay..”((=^=))

Thane then taps his Commbadge “Computer, broadcast shipwide.” ((=^=)) “Attention all personnel. This is First Officer Thane Va’rek. I am taking command of the Fearless. To account for the current situation at hand, Duty Officers are to check in with their crews to account for all present, missing, injured or fallen. Otherwise remain at your posts until further orders are issued. Condition yellow is to be maintained. Thane Out.” ((=^=))

Thane then addresses the Ensign Celo, as well as R’turan. “Ensign, give R’turan a quick scan to make sure he is clean as well. R’turan if clean, you will be my acting XO for the time being.”

Thane turns his attention to the Security officer, who he has yet to get a name for! “LT. Organise security teams, get them checked for contamination and then perform a full sweep of the ship. Keep it calm though. Ensign Celo, you can accompany him if you wish. Otherwise return to your station. R’turan, you’re on the Bridge until I have finished with Commdore Picard. Becareful though, I sense a fair bit of tension there.”

With that, Thane will turn to leave for the conference room on Deck 1.

Deck 1 Briefing Room - Stardate 58370.2 - July 18, 2381 - 5:30
    FAB spacer small

Stepping into the Room, Thane closed the door and approached the main screen wherein he accepted the incoming Transmission. “Commodore Picard, apologies for the lateness in our accepting your transmission. I know my face is not the one you might of been expecting, however circumstances on the Fearless have changed.” Picard has always been someone Thane respected, his strategic and intelligent mind. Among the many stories of his in the Empire.

((Simm))
  3. RPD Commanding Officer

• Commendation

Awarded during the UFP Award Ceremony to those who go above and beyond for the community

Unlocked Sat 25 Sep, 2021 9:23 PM

• Pillar of the Community
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Be a registered user for 10 years

Unlocked Tue 27 Aug, 2019 10:03 AM

34.52% have received this achievement

• The Ghost Writer
      Rare (50 Points)

Be the Commanding Officer of the Roleplay Division

Unlocked Fri 03 Jun, 2022 10:01 PM

0.04% have received this achievement

• Vice Admiral
      Rare (50 Points)

Receive a promotion to the rank of Vice Admiral

Unlocked Sat 14 Oct, 2023 3:01 PM

0.27% have received this achievement

• To Boldly Go On and On
      Rare (50 Points)

Reach one-thousand posts on the forums

Unlocked Mon 13 Jun, 2022 9:02 AM

0.71% have received this achievement

• Well Respected
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Reach reputation tier 6

Unlocked Sun 24 Apr, 2022 3:07 PM

0.69% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Nesta
    • Josh Broughm
    • RavenSplat
    • AlexRider
    Reply With QuoteQuote
     –  Last edited by Kiflin; Tue 27 Jun, 2023 5:02 PM.
    8kAk2VK
    CGgmWcA
    separator

Commander Thane...

Nine Souls have been lost in less than 24 hours upon the Fearless, not including your former Captain who is been reported by your medical staff to be further deteriorating after being medically induced into a coma due to bleeding of the brain. (Compressing his lips Cmdre Picard pauses before bringing his clasping hands together) I empathize with your plight concerning the loss of life all things considering... we have lost more than 40% of our entire fleet due to similar infiltration and contamination by what Starfleet Command are now calling the Remmick Neural Parasites.

There is a massive battle going on upon Earth between the "Compromised Admiralty" and what is left of our Starfleet Command Earth Defense Force. I wish that I could tell you more but in the interest of security I am afraid I cannot at this time. We can only hope that we prevail.

(Cmdre Picard turns to look at his side viewer machine then his eyes turn back to meet Thane's)

It would seem that you are now quite near the aforementioned derelict Dominion vessels. We must learn what happened to the Dominion and whether what we are facing is related to their collective disappearance. (Leaning in) Before you assemble any away teams to travel aboard them it is high time for you to address your dead... and afterwards make the necessary promotions for your crew.

Appoint yourself a first officer but remember... the Fearless is now officially your responsibility first and foremost... and you need to decide on whether or not you will remain aboard or if you will accept the commission of the USS Nakamura.

Commander Thane Va'Rek, you are hereby promoted to the rank of Captain. Congratulations.... now get it done Captain.

Dismissed.
    Kiflin
    Kiflin Medals
  4. RPD Commanding Officer

• Commendation

Very Rare (100 Points)

• The Ghost Writer
      Rare (50 Points)

• Vice Admiral
      Rare (50 Points)

• To Boldly Go On and On
      Rare (50 Points)

• Well Respected
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Reach reputation tier 6

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • RavenSplat
    • AlexRider
    Reply With QuoteQuote
     –  Last edited by Kiflin; Thu 17 Aug, 2023 9:43 PM.
    qIvDR3J

BRIDGE - Deck 1 - Stardate 58370.2 - July 18, 2381 - 06:00
    FAB spacer small

s4ndoQJ

yellow alert condition yellow

"Chief Engineer's personal log. In less than 24 hours we have went from being appointed to one of the best starships in the fleet to a defunct, barely functioning relic. Personally I was looking forward to working under Captain Mariella Jones not this... creature... that I have to decant my head towards. Now I am not prejudiced but his... "kind" ... do they even possess empathy or feelings of any sort?

Both Thane and our former Commander Biiqs must be held responsible for standing idly by and allowing our men and women to be killed in masses! Neither of them cared to take the liberty of requesting funeral requisition procedures. And now we have a dominion battleship on life-support only in front of us? This is clearly a trap! Setup by the same conspirators who attempted to kill Captain Jones! I cannot continue to remain here to take part in this sad debacle any longer..."

UfC7CtX
    Thane then taps his Combadge “Computer, broadcast shipwide.” ((=^=)) “Attention all personnel. This is First Officer Thane Va’rek. I am taking command of the Fearless. To account for the current situation at hand, Duty Officers are to check in with their crews to account for all present, missing, injured or fallen. Otherwise remain at your posts until further orders are issued. Condition yellow is to be maintained. Thane Out.” ((=^=))
    9PSWZjQ
    I stand relieved... if anyone wants to contact me Ensign Kelika let Commander Thane know I will be in my quarters. Officer's stand aside... I will leave you all to this mockery of leadership. Computer, enter my code of 17289. ((Doors open as Lt. Commander Frov passed through and he quickly makes his way inside the turbolift that is right outside of the bridge's exit corridor))

9dMzi8b
    I must say... It's good to have that maniac off the bridge. Did you hear the open recital of his personal log?

rdW5L8n
    I think we all could clearly hear him Ensign, he wanted us to.

H79mFeN
    I don't know what's worse....

9dMzi8b
    Oh you mean the fact that he is racist or the fact he wanted us all to hear that he is racist.

H79mFeN
    Exactly...

rdW5L8n
    Wait... I'm picking up warp distortions near our location!

MFA5AJY
    rdW5L8n
    It's the Endeavor!!!

9dMzi8brdW5L8nH79mFeN
    YESSSSS!!! WhOOHOO!!! ALRIGHT!!!!

dVXrPo8
    This is Captain Mitchell Holland of the USS Endeavor. Where is your acting Commander? We are sending over a shuttle with the new crew members you have been assigned. Admiral Broughm and I need to speak to him immediately...

S3VfxK6
    Kiflin
    Kiflin Medals
  5. Command Master Chief Petty Officer
    • Commendation

Uncommon (25 Points)

Unlocked 3 Weeks Ago

• Paragon of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

• Firestarter
      Common (10 Points)

Start a new forum topic

• My 2 Cents
      Common (10 Points)

Post in a forum topic

• Electorate
      Common (10 Points)

Vote in a forum poll

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • RavenSplat
    • Kiflin
    • AlexRider
    Reply With QuoteQuote
    qIvDR3J

FAB spacer small

s4ndoQJ

"Chief Engineer's personal log. In less than 24 hours we have went from being appointed to one of the best starships in the fleet to a defunct, barely functioning relic. Personally I was looking forward to working under Captain Mariella Jones not this... creature... that I have to decant my head to now. Now I am not prejudiced but his kind... do they even possess empathy or feelings of any sort?

Both Thane and our former Commander Biiqs must be held responsible for standing idly by and allowing our men and women to be killed in masses! Neither of them cared to take the liberty of requesting funeral requisition procedures. And now we have a dominion battleship on life-support only in front of us? This is clearly a trap! Setup by the same conspirators who attempted to kill Captain Jones! I cannot continue to remain here to take part in this sad debacle any longer..."

9PSWZjQ
    I stand relieved... if anyone wants to contact me Ensign Kelika let Commander Thane know I will be in my quarters. Officer's stand aside... I will leave you all to this mockery of leadership. Computer, enter my code of 17289. ((Doors open as Lt. Commander Frov passed through and he quickly makes his way inside the turbolift that is right outside of the bridge's exit corridor))

9dMzi8b
    I must say... It's good to have that maniac off the bridge. Did you hear the open recital of his personal log?

rdW5L8n
    I think we all could clearly hear him Ensign, he wanted us to.

H79mFeN
    I don't know what's worse....

9dMzi8b
    Oh you mean the fact that he is racist or the fact he wanted us all to hear that he is racist.

H79mFeN
    Exactly...

rdW5L8n
    Wait... I'm picking up warp distortions near our location!

MFA5AJY
    rdW5L8n
    It's the Endeavor!!!

9dMzi8brdW5L8nH79mFeN
    YESSSSS!!! WhOOHOO!!! ALRIGHT!!!!

dVXrPo8
    This is Captain Mitchell Holland of the USS Endeavor. Where is your acting Commander? We are sending over a shuttle with the new crew members you have been assigned. Admiral Broughm and I need to speak to him immediately...

S3VfxK6
    FAB spacer small

s4ndoQJ

Thane sat back in his chair as he considered all that he had been told. He just got promoted to Captain and now stands with a choice, the Fearless, a Relic that has not seen a solid update for years. Or the Nakamura, an Ambassador class starship. An unknown as well, could be filled with infiltrators. Or worse. No. The Fearless needed a Captain and a constant roulette of command would kill the Ship's morale. Another command may come by but for now, the Fearless needed a leader.

He exited the meeting room and stepped onto the bridge, catching the excitement of the Endeavour having approached. He could feel there was some other sort of underlying issue going on. A certain... tension on the air. An unpleasant one. Thane glanced about and figured to deal with the issues in time. They had pressing issues to handle and everything needed to be dealt with. Just a matter of priority. "Computer, recognize new Captain, Thane Va'Rek." He stood by the Captain's command chair and looked across the Bridge.

"The Endeavour is sending over a shuttle? Have quarantine procedures arranged in the bay before we have them land. the last thing we need is to let our guard down. Have them checked for what is now been classified as Remmick Neural Parasites. A full report will be disseminated.” He took a brief moment before adding. “Have funeral procedures prepared for the 9 fallen souls. We’ll give them a proper send off before further action is given.” He looked to R’turan “I want you to greet the new crew and guests on the shuttle once everything is in place.”

“Transfer the communication from the Endeavour to my ready room. I will take it there. Give me a quick heads up before crew Rotation is to happen.” Glancing around to everyone on the Bridge, his orders given. “I will deal with the Lt Commander as well. I’ll do a more formal introduction to the crew when time permits.” He then heads for the Ready Room to take the appropriate call from the Endeavour. Sitting down and pulling up the Terminal he hits the accept button. "This is Captain Va'rek."

((Simm))
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Unlocked Mon 26 Aug, 2019 11:07 PM

• The Ghost Writer
      Rare (50 Points)

Unlocked Wed 23 Jun, 2021 10:02 PM

• Commodore
      Rare (50 Points)

Receive a promotion to the rank of Commodore

Unlocked Wed 23 Jun, 2021 9:11 PM

0.50% have received this achievement

• Captain
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Unlocked Tue 31 Jan, 2012 5:44 PM

• Paragon of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Unlocked Mon 28 Sep, 2015 8:01 PM

• Highly Decorated
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Receive every medal the UFP has to offer

Unlocked Sat 24 Sep, 2022 9:00 PM

0.18% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Kiflin
    • RavenSplat
    • AlexRider
    • Krajin
    Reply With QuoteQuote
    Name:  FAB-spacer-small.png
Views: 409
Size:  4.1 KB

s4ndoQJ

“Transfer the communication from the Endeavour to my ready room. I will take it there. Give me a quick heads up before crew Rotation is to happen.” Glancing around to everyone on the Bridge, his orders given. “I will deal with the Lt Commander as well. I’ll do a more formal introduction to the crew when time permits.” He then heads for the Ready Room to take the appropriate call from the Endeavour. Sitting down and pulling up the Terminal he hits the accept button. "This is Captain Va'rek."
Views: 403

Christine quickly heads for the engineering station, pulls a PADD from a slot just underneath the console and rushed to the lift to catch the Commander. "Sir," she said, do you mind if I tag along?

((R’turan))

"Thank you." She entered the lift with the commander. A sense of excitement came over her, but she had to pull it in. Looking down at her engineering PADD, noting that most systems were operating within parameters...well, within parameters of a old boat like the Fearless. She tapped her finger on the edge of her PADD, almost nervously. "I actually thought I'd see Dad a fair bit later than this," Christine said.

((R’turan))
    JoshBroughm
    JoshBroughm Medals
  6. UPT Executive Officer

• Commendation

Unlocked Sat 30 Dec, 2023 10:14 PM

• Dedicated
      Rare (50 Points)

Volunteer for 1+ year

Unlocked Sun 10 Dec, 2023 5:06 AM

• Correspondent
      Rare (50 Points)

Unlocked Mon 12 Dec, 2022 1:03 PM

• Dean’s List
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Pass all three Academy exams

Unlocked Sat 01 Apr, 2023 9:03 PM

3.98% have received this achievement

• Poster Child
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Reach 500 posts on the forums

Unlocked Sun 10 Dec, 2023 10:03 PM

1.11% have received this achievement

• Captain
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Unlocked Sat 30 Dec, 2023 10:05 PM

ACHV. Points
    Pronouns
    They/Them
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Kiflin
    • Josh Broughm
    • AlexRider
    • Krajin
    Reply With QuoteQuote
     –  Last edited by RavenSplat; Tue 29 Aug, 2023 12:35 AM.
    Hangar bay - USS Endeavour shuttle - Stardate 58543.2 - July 18, 2381 - 06:00
Views: 409

Name:  Green, Katie [Headshot] ENS.png
Views: 336
Size:  41.5 KB

"Well here I am on the Fearless, my first Starship posting. Though the Shuttleport was cool it will be nice to work in a full size Engineering bay and especially on a ship with a history as interesting as any Excelsior Class has." Katie thinks excitedly to herself.

"Is this your first assignment?" Katie asks to the other members of the shuttle joining the Fearless crew thinking it would be smart to get ahead with learning the crews name before she was too busy learning all the quirks of the ship and helping out in Engineering bay and there wasn't exactly anything else to do while waiting for them to get checked out before ending the quarantine was ended.
    Ravensplat
    RavenSplat Medals

Truth creates knowledge. Knowledge fosters understanding and in understanding there is peace
  7. SFA Executive Officer

• Dedicated
      Rare (50 Points)

Volunteer for 1+ year

Unlocked Sun 14 Mar, 2021 11:01 PM

• Correspondent
      Rare (50 Points)

Unlocked Sun 29 Mar, 2020 5:01 PM

• The Fool
      Rare (50 Points)

Got pranked on April 1st

Unlocked 3 Weeks Ago

0.46% have received this achievement

• To Boldly Go On and On
      Rare (50 Points)

Unlocked Wed 02 Jun, 2021 8:05 AM

• Commodore
      Rare (50 Points)

Unlocked Sun 25 Jun, 2023 8:51 PM

• Professor
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Be Executive Officer of Starfleet Academy

Unlocked Mon 01 May, 2023 1:01 PM

0.10% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    Pronouns
    He/Him
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Josh Broughm
    • Krajin
    • Kiflin
    Reply With QuoteQuote
     –  Last edited by AlexRider; Fri 04 Aug, 2023 7:25 PM.
    Jack had a great week. After graduation he got the opportunity to travel back home for a few days and to spend some time together with his family, friends and loved ones. Everyone was very proud of him and wanted to touch this golden Ensign's pip at least twice during his visit.

On day three he received his marching orders.

"Ensign Winter,

you are hereby ordered to report back to San Francisco in two days at 0800. From there a shuttlecraft will transport you to your first assignment aboard the USS Fearless, commanded by Captain Thane. Please confirm as soon as possible."

Jack confirmed immediately and caught himself talking to himself...

So, now it finally begins.

Two days later -saying goodbye to his family and friends really wasn't easy, but hey.. that's the job- he was sitting together with other newly promoted Ensigns aboard the shuttle "San Diego" on his way to the Fearless. Jack was able to see the majestic ship through the windows and was more than impressed by her looks, her size, her everything.

My gosh...

For some reason nobody being aboard the shuttle was saying a word during the whole journey. The other Ensigns were either sleeping, reading things on their PADS or chewing Jumja sticks, gums or things Jack did not really want to know what they actually were.

All of a sudden, however, there was this young woman trying to "break the ice". Jack looked at her. She was in her early 20s, wearing yellow colours. She was looking at him, too, smiling.

Umm... hey! I'm Jack and yes... it's my first assignment. Yours? Well, of course it's your first one, isn't it? Wait, I saw you before, didn't I? Graduation Day, Class of '81?

He recognised her again. Her name must have been... Katie or something like that.

Yeah, I'm sure you must be Katie "Green-Eyes"!

Jack was smiling back at her now offering his hand for a friendly handshake.

Do you know what's going on over there and what we'll be facing? Reports are quite... vague, not to mention cryptic.
    Eeny, meeny, miny, moe...

AlexRider
    AlexRider Medals

=/\= Please visit our Community Support Centre =/\=
  8. RPD Commanding Officer

• Commendation

Very Rare (100 Points)

• The Ghost Writer
      Rare (50 Points)

• Vice Admiral
      Rare (50 Points)

• To Boldly Go On and On
      Rare (50 Points)

• Well Respected
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Reach reputation tier 6

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Josh Broughm
    Reply With QuoteQuote
     –  Last edited by Kiflin; Wed 23 Aug, 2023 6:31 PM.
    MFA5AJY

BRIDGE - Deck 1 - Stardate 58370.2 - July 18, 2381 - 06:30
    FAB spacer small

s4ndoQJ

UfC7CtX
    "The Endeavour is sending over a shuttle? Have quarantine procedures arranged in the bay before we have them land. the last thing we need is to let our guard down. Have them checked for what is now been classified as Remmick Neural Parasites. A full report will be disseminated.” He took a brief moment before adding. “Have funeral procedures prepared for the 9 fallen souls. We’ll give them a proper send off before further action is given.” He looked to R’turan “I want you to greet the new crew and guests on the shuttle once everything is in place.”

8kAk2VK

lI2epsn
    Greetings Captain, I am Captain Holland and it is a pleasure to be working alongside you. (holds his hand open and gestures) And this is Admiral Broughm.

al5HpYF
    It is indeed a great pleasure... I have to say I admire your courage to face this stupendous crisis while Captaining the Fearless. I hear it is Cmdre Picard who assigned you to this relic eh? Surely he is as much a visionary as I have been led to believe.

lI2epsn
    Captain Va' rek, let's get to brass tax... most of Starfleet Command has been compromised. There are only a handful of non-parasitic Admirals left. We know that your mission is to find out what is on that Dominion starship. Our orders are to provide assistance to your crew if there is a need to aid you, however we are not to interfere with your boarding party in any way other than in the event of a full Fearless evacuation.

al5HpYF
    I have been placed with the responsibility to ascertain a cure that will cause Species R.N.P. to be deterred from inhabiting other lifeforms and create a remedy that urges parasites to vacate any hosts already compromised. Starfleet believes that there is a good chance that because of your leadership Captain Va'rek in halting the parasites advance from taking over your starship that you possess logs that should be reviewed, and findings from Species RNP that should be carefully studied.

lI2epsn
    Basically Captain, everyone else who has had just two of those things aboard their starships has failed to retake over their bridge. You have performed what many believe to be nothing less then a miracle....

al5HpYF
    And you and your crew accomplished it upon a much smaller starship and with less manpower.

lI2epsn
    Select your away team first, and then you can give me access to your logs and Admiral Broughm access to all parasitic evidence within your labs. Of course we appreciate your cooperation.

al5HpYF
    One more thing Captain, I would like to speak to my daughter... immediately. I believe she is also aboard the Fearless... there are some things I would like to discuss with her. We both look forward to meeting you aboard your starship. We will be beaming over in just 30 minutes. Admiral Broughm out.
    Kiflin
    Kiflin Medals
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Unlocked Mon 26 Aug, 2019 11:07 PM

• The Ghost Writer
      Rare (50 Points)

Unlocked Wed 23 Jun, 2021 10:02 PM

• Commodore
      Rare (50 Points)

Unlocked Wed 23 Jun, 2021 9:11 PM

• Captain
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Unlocked Tue 31 Jan, 2012 5:44 PM

• Paragon of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Unlocked Mon 28 Sep, 2015 8:01 PM

• Highly Decorated
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Receive every medal the UFP has to offer

Unlocked Sat 24 Sep, 2022 9:00 PM

0.18% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • RavenSplat
    • Kiflin
    Reply With QuoteQuote
     –  Last edited by Josh Broughm; Mon 28 Aug, 2023 9:47 AM.
    Transporter Room 1 - Deck 6 - Stardate 58370.2 - July 18, 2381 - 07:00
Views: 387

Views: 306

Christine received the message that her father was boarding soon. She took the time to get cleaned up & replicate a Tim Horton's coffee for him. It was a tradition that started when Josh inspected her first posting & continued on from there.

She arrived about two minutes before he arrived. "Hey Wes," she said, "how's things?"

((Simm))

She smiled and said, "Yeah, its been rough. Can't wait for things to slow down a bit."

((Simm))

"Energize." She said. A shiver of anticipation ran up her spine.
    JoshBroughm
    JoshBroughm Medals
  9. Command Master Chief Petty Officer
    • Commendation

Uncommon (25 Points)

Unlocked 3 Weeks Ago

• Paragon of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

• Firestarter
      Common (10 Points)

Start a new forum topic

• My 2 Cents
      Common (10 Points)

Post in a forum topic

• Electorate
      Common (10 Points)

Vote in a forum poll

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Kiflin
    Reply With QuoteQuote
    MFA5AJY

FAB spacer small

s4ndoQJ

8kAk2VK

lI2epsn
    Greetings Captain, I am Captain Holland and it is a pleasure to be working alongside you. (holds his hand open and gestures) And this is Admiral Broughm.

al5HpYF
    It is indeed a great pleasure... I have to say I admire your courage to face this stupendous crisis while Captaining the Fearless. I hear it is Cmdre Picard who assigned you to this relic eh? Surely he is as much a visionary as I have been led to believe.

lI2epsn
    Captain Va' rek, let's get to brass tax... most of Starfleet Command has been compromised. There are only a handful of non-parasitic Admirals left. We know that your mission is to find out what is on that Dominion starship. Our orders are to provide assistance to your crew if there is a need to aid you, however we are not to interfere with your boarding party in any way other than in the event of a full Fearless evacuation.

al5HpYF
    I have been placed with the responsibility to ascertain a cure that will cause Species R.N.P. to be deterred from inhabiting other lifeforms and create a remedy that urges parasites to vacate any hosts already compromised. Starfleet believes that there is a good chance that because of your leadership Captain Va'rek in halting the parasites advance from taking over your starship that you possess logs that should be reviewed, and findings from Species RNP that should be carefully studied.

lI2epsn
    Basically Captain, everyone else who has had just two of those things aboard their starships has failed to retake over their bridge. You have performed what many believe to be nothing less then a miracle....

al5HpYF
    And you and your crew accomplished it upon a much smaller starship and with less manpower.

lI2epsn
    Select your away team first, and then you can give me access to your logs and Admiral Broughm access to all parasitic evidence within your labs. Of course we appreciate your cooperation.

al5HpYF
    One more thing Captain, I would like to speak to my daughter... immediately. I believe she is also aboard the Fearless... there are some things I would like to discuss with her. We both look forward to meeting you aboard your starship. We will be beaming over in just 30 minutes. Admiral Broughm out.

FAB spacer small

s4ndoQJ

Thane listened and then responded to the Captain and Admiral. Broughm and Holland, interesting individuals and as he guessed predominantly human. "Captaining the Relic is not exactly what I would say to be... courageous. Considering the Federation sent a woefully underprepared ship into Dominion Space.” He says a little pointedly.

"There will be no away team going onto a Dominion ship until I have certain equipment required to appropriately handle boarding a ship with Jem'Hadar potentially in operation and shrouded onboard. Scanning equipment, armory updates and if possible, body armour. If the Federation maintained any such after the War. We will be reclaiming equipment and information as well from the ship’s database. Anything we can get.”

He thinks a moment and then throws in. “How this ship was retaken will be in reports handed over and data recorded, however when you board you will be required to undergo quarantine checks before permission will be granted to go beyond the landing point. Yes, you will be able to see your daughter. Captain I may be transferring a rather obtuse crewman of mine to your vessel pending my talk with him. See you when you arrive.” When the communication cuts, Thane checks his messages and other notes. He heads out onto the Bridge for a moment "Chief have a Security Officer stationed Lt Commander Sokel's Quarters, he is to be confined to quarters. He will be dealt with soon."

He turns and heads back into the ready room and hits his Commbadge. <^>"R'turan, have the new crew report to my ready room as soon as they arrive. Thank you.<^>

He then walked over to his terminal again.

CMDRE Picard.

At this moment in time, I must decline the commission to the U.S.S Nakamura at this time. Due to recent events currently ongoing on the U.S.S Fearless I believe it would be highly detrimental to crew Morale to have a revolving door of new leadership onboard before current issues are dealt with and stabilized. Thank you for your consideration.

Cpt Thane Va'rek.

((Simm))
  10. UPT Executive Officer

• Commendation

Unlocked Sat 30 Dec, 2023 10:14 PM

• Dedicated
      Rare (50 Points)

Volunteer for 1+ year

Unlocked Sun 10 Dec, 2023 5:06 AM

• Correspondent
      Rare (50 Points)

Unlocked Mon 12 Dec, 2022 1:03 PM

• Dean’s List
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Pass all three Academy exams

Unlocked Sat 01 Apr, 2023 9:03 PM

3.98% have received this achievement

• Poster Child
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Reach 500 posts on the forums

Unlocked Sun 10 Dec, 2023 10:03 PM

1.11% have received this achievement

• Captain
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Unlocked Sat 30 Dec, 2023 10:05 PM

ACHV. Points
    Pronouns
    They/Them
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Josh Broughm
    • Kiflin
    • AlexRider
    • Krajin
    Reply With QuoteQuote
    Hangar bay - USS Endeavour shuttle - Stardate 58543.2 - July 18, 2381 - 06:00
Views: 387

For some reason nobody being aboard the shuttle was saying a word during the whole journey. The other Ensigns were either sleeping, reading things on their PADS or chewing Jumja sticks, gums or things Jack did not really want to know what they actually were.

All of a sudden, however, there was this young woman trying to "break the ice". Jack looked at her. She was in her early 20s, wearing yellow colours. She was looking at him, too, smiling.

Umm... hey! I'm Jack and yes... it's my first assignment. Yours? Well, of course it's your first one, isn't it? Wait, I saw you before, didn't I? Graduation Day, Class of '81?
    Name:  Green, Katie [Headshot] ENS.png
Views: 146
Size:  41.5 KB

"Not quite actually, I finished my exams back in February so I was sent of the Special Parisian Shuttle port as a provisional Ensign for a few months until Graduation rolled around. Sure was interesting but glad to be getting on to a proper Starship now."

He recognised her again. Her name must have been... Katie or something like that.

Yeah, I'm sure you must be Katie "Green-Eyes"!

Jack was smiling back at her now offering his hand for a friendly handshake.

Do you know what's going on over there and what we'll be facing? Reports are quite... vague, not to mention cryptic.
    "Yes sorry, forgot to introduce myself. Ensign Katie Green at your service," She says holding out her hand, "Green eyes and last name Green. That sort of name was bound to stick though I suppose it wasn't as bad as some others I heard in my time in the Academy. Jack Winter right?"

"I haven't heard anything specifically however a few days before I left for graduation everyone at the Shuttleport had an Emergency physical exam and we had to recheck every thing there. I couldn't get anything out of the Commander there but something big is happening. Afterall they wouldn't Quarantine us for no reason. I'm betting a significant portion of Starfleet is on alert if not affected which makes it even more confusing we don't know what's happening but we are Lower Deckers. The higher ups often forget to tell us why were doing everything. Lets just hope we either get answers soon or it blows over."
    Ravensplat
    RavenSplat Medals

Truth creates knowledge. Knowledge fosters understanding and in understanding there is peace
  11. SFA Executive Officer

• Dedicated
      Rare (50 Points)

Volunteer for 1+ year

Unlocked Sun 14 Mar, 2021 11:01 PM

• Correspondent
      Rare (50 Points)

Unlocked Sun 29 Mar, 2020 5:01 PM

• The Fool
      Rare (50 Points)

Got pranked on April 1st

Unlocked 3 Weeks Ago

0.46% have received this achievement

• To Boldly Go On and On
      Rare (50 Points)

Unlocked Wed 02 Jun, 2021 8:05 AM

• Commodore
      Rare (50 Points)

Unlocked Sun 25 Jun, 2023 8:51 PM

• Professor
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Be Executive Officer of Starfleet Academy

Unlocked Mon 01 May, 2023 1:01 PM

0.10% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    Pronouns
    He/Him
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Kiflin
    Reply With QuoteQuote
     –  Last edited by AlexRider; Thu 26 Oct, 2023 9:34 AM.
    Jack was enjoying his conversation with Katie when he suddenly heard the shuttle's pilot communicating with the Fearless.

Shuttlecraft San Diego, you're clear to enter bay two. You copy?

Good copy, Fearless. Entering bay two in 5... 4... 3... 2... 1... and we've got a touchdown.

Jack was excited, although he tried not to show that. They had finally arrived aboard this magnificent starship... well, in troubled times, though.

Alright, ladies and gents: Welcome to your new home! I hope you've enjoyed your flight with the "San Diego Express". See you all soon!

The pilot hat a big grin on his face whilst the shuttle's door was opening. The new crew members left and found themselves standing in front of a grim looking Lieutenant.

Welcome aboard, Ensigns! The time you've picked to start your very first assignment couldn't have been better. We need you, but let me make one thing clear: If you haven't cleaned your boots before entering my bay and if I discover a single piece of dust on it you will find yourself scrubbing it for the next few hours.. with tooth brushes. Now leave, you have your orders where to report.

He looked at Jack.

You there...! You're this ex Marine everybody is talking about, aren't you?

Jack looked a bit puzzled at first.

Ehm.. yes sir, that's true! Ensign Jack Winter, reporting as ordered, sir!

Yeah, yeah... get that stick out of your bottom. The Captain wants to talk to you. ASAP! I wouldn't leave him waiting if I were you. He's a pretty busy man, especially these days, weeks, months... whatever. Go! You'll find him on the bridge.

What a "Welcome", Jack thought. He nodded and left the shuttle bay. The Fearless was... huge! There were endless corridors with countless doors. Jack entered the turbolift. A few moments later he arrived at his destination: the bridge. Jack could feel the blood running through his veins. Meeting a CO for the very first time was always something special. He entered and all of a sudden many eyes were looking at him...
    Eeny, meeny, miny, moe...

AlexRider
    AlexRider Medals

=/\= Please visit our Community Support Centre =/\=
  12. RPD Commanding Officer

• Commendation

Very Rare (100 Points)

• The Ghost Writer
      Rare (50 Points)

• Vice Admiral
      Rare (50 Points)

• To Boldly Go On and On
      Rare (50 Points)

• Well Respected
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Reach reputation tier 6

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Josh Broughm
    • RavenSplat
    • AlexRider
    Reply With QuoteQuote
     –  Last edited by Kiflin; Fri 27 Oct, 2023 2:45 PM.
    aKISpVA

Photon Torpedo Room - Deck 14 - Stardate 58370.2 - July 18, 2381 - 06:30
    FAB spacer small

0Egc4Y9

1D8j2lStTSAJK0HDjjKpYlx2gzZ7HgGILlllbqeSKegDk4hlP

Each of these men and women made the greatest sacrifice while on duty. It is through sacrifice that children are born, Starships return fire, and lives are saved. We must all never forget them in the days to come. We must endeavor to take them with us every step of the way, Greater challenges lie ahead and although they will not physically be with us we know that we will keep them in our hearts and within our minds. Bravery isn't born through pride or ambition. It is forged through conflict and direct experience.

These men and women faced creatures even now we still are at war with! Even though they lost their lives they still stood firm in the face of the enemy. They held fast to the tenants of what Starfleet is and what it was orginially created to be. In the end they were deprived of their souls but the battle here upon this starship was won! This means they were not defeated! They were called upon to hold the line and that is exactly what they did. They provided us all with the correct example of a Starfleet Officer.

We all know that what they did any one of us might be called upon to give the same level of sacrifice. Any of us here and now may not also go home after our missions are over. Yes... any of us might be called upon to give what these valiant officers gave because our very galaxy is on the line. Our women, our children, our way of life. We will say their names and in doing so these men and women will remain within our hearts and minds forever!

Ensign Verce', Jarroth
    NCO Page, Jason
    Lt. Wales, Jason
    Ensign Kolwaski, Vernon
    NCO Hansen
    Lt. Nilen, Azral
    Cpt. Biiqs, Tarquin
    Kiflin
    Kiflin Medals