• Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Generator
    • KaiserKirk
    USS Ares
    Turbolift

Originally Posted by Generator
    "Is this you? I was figuring I'd just head down to Deck 17, see if I could find anyone else from the fighter wing." After he says that, a burst of realization flashes across his face. "There it is, Deck 17. I just might avoid walking into the warp core after all, Lieutenant!" He grins.
    A’Mand looked out the turbolift briefly. “Yes. I planned to visit the observation deck; a natural landscape was on the technical readout for Ares which is curious and may serve therapeutic purposes for posterity. Yet, I am willing to observe the Flight Deck so as to not interrupt your duty.” She placed her hands behind her, still holding the PADD, and then ordered, “Deck seventeen.”

The doors closed to comply and the turbolift hummed into motion.

“To answer the previous question, the Sixth Wave was indeed at Starbase 39. Your memory is well placed. Anecdotally, Captain Kalmar did not judge the response time to the OPFORs attack run. If you recall, that caused the Starbase to fall in the third round.” A’Mand grinned slightly with a raised eyebrow. “We had several discussions about that event afterward. Kalmar certainly enjoys her Saurian Brandy.”

She considered the Lieutenant’s other comment about his destination. “Of the many positions available within Starfleet, how did you come to piloting a fighter craft?”

((TAG James Cole))
    • To Boldly Go On and On
      Rare (50 Points)

Reach one-thousand posts on the forums

Unlocked Sat 09 Feb, 2019 4:04 PM

0.71% have received this achievement

• Paragon of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Sign three roll calls in a row

9.74% have received this achievement

• Eternal Servitude!
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Be a registered user for five years

Unlocked Wed 06 Jan, 2021 11:03 AM

75.59% have received this achievement

• Tour of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

RSVP to ten events via the Events System

1.31% have received this achievement

• Well Respected
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Reach reputation tier 6

0.69% have received this achievement

• Dean’s List
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Pass all three Academy exams

3.98% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • KaiserKirk
    • Scarlett
     –  Last edited by Allan Hood; Mon 19 Feb, 2018 10:04 PM.
    Deep Space Nine
    Promenade, Second Level - Old Earth-Styled Coffee Shop

It took Angus a few moments to take in all he had heard. recalling what he said about joining a war against a new civilization instead of exploring. It reminded him of Ollie who was in those very shoes... who died before he even got to experience what Starfleet was really about: exploring, peace, prosperity. It wasn't the Federation's fault. They were backed into a corner and the only way of stopping the Dominion was to border the wormhole. Starfleet was so militarily geared from the war that he sometimes wondered if it would ever truly go back to its pre-war self... at least Angus thought, finishing his meal. At least we are on the right track with the Ares.

Angus stood up, tucked his chair in and returned the plates and cutlery to the counter.

"Well, it was certainly nice to meet you, Allan, unfortunately, I really do have to get things organized on the Ares. I'll be heading off to board and meet up with T'Mor and the rest of my department in the medbay... care to join me?"
    “Thanks for the invite,” Allan said, “but, I better do the same with the science labs; I need to take an inventory and double check everything's accounted for. Afterward, I'll swing by and see how you've progressed.” Hood added with a laugh.

Hood got a crash course in paying with Federation Credits. On Cardassia, there were times he barrowed latinum for certain supplies, but have not seen credits traded in a café.

They left Deep Space Nine together and entered Ares on Deck 3.

“Do you always carry money or was this a special occasion?” Hood could not help but ask after they stated their destinations for the computer.

((TAG Angus))

The two shook hands on the turbolift at Deck 7 and parted ways, Angus heading to Deck 8 after Hood took off for the science labs down the corridor. Hood felt good about his experience with the medical counterpart.

Seems down to Earth, so to speak. Good to see a doctor with a good bedside manner.

Allan Hood walked down the corridor excitedly, looking forward to overseeing the inventory of the science labs and meeting his team.

USS Ares
    Deck 7 - Main Multipurpose Science Lab

Name:  Science Lab.jpg
Views: 353
Size:  89.4 KB

Hood entered the main multipurpose science lab three minutes before the rest of the team began trickling in and looked over his PADD of new science duty officers.

Though mostly human-like faces, he was glad to see officers of all species entering the lab, including Klingon, Ferengi, Orion, Tellarite, Vulcan, Bajoran, Benzite, even a liberated Borg. He was too excited to be nervous.

He had been practicing what he wanted to say to his new team for days. After giving a five minute buffer, Hood addressed his team.

“As many of you know,” Hood projected his voice, “I’m Lieutenant Allan Hood, Chief Science Officer of the USS Ares. I’ve been charged with the responsibility of coordinating this department.

“We are heading into the final frontier and have no idea what awaits us. Every discovery will be part of history; we’re making history with every lightyear we go.

“While exploring strange worlds and phenomena, we’ll be responsible for theorizing explanations for extraordinary and seemingly unexplainable conditions. We will be the ones required to supply the commanding officers with all reports, observations, and speculations that might initiate discoveries and affect the safety of this ship and crew. Our fellow officers will be turning to you for an objective interpretation of the data we receive. It falls on us to come up with the ‘better idea’ at the conference table, the away mission, and the bridge, whether our ideas are used, or not.

“Don't be surprised if we find our neighbors from medical over here; we share the same bio and medical labs: anatomy, archaeological medicine, biology, chemistry, genetics, obstetrics, pediatrics, psychiatry, as well as psychology. We'll be teaming up with them, no doubt.”

Hood led a brief tour of all the labs, starting with the astrophysics lab, stellar dynamics and stellar cartography.

“In our astrophysics lab, we’ll not only be studying the luminosity, density, temperature, and chemical composition of our newly discovered phenomena, but, but filtering those findings through our understanding of thermodynamics, quantum mechanics, relativity, through both nuclear and particle physics, in addition to atomic and molecular physics.

“In stellar dynamics, we’ll be studying, in a statistical fashion, the collective motions of stars subject to their mutual gravity. Here, we will focus more on the global, statistical properties of several orbits rather than with the specific data on the positions and velocities of individual orbits. We’ll leave that to our team of stellar cartographers.

“Stellar cartography will be our site for mapping new stars, charting nebulae, and other astronomical objects we come across in this part of the Alpha Quadrant. This is where we’ll be taking specific data on the positions and velocities of individual orbits, collected by our dynamics team and applying it to our voyage.

Hood continued his tour through the quantum mechanics lab, the geological lab, and through the biological and medical labs, which include subdivisions of exobiology, hydroponics, aqua, biomedical, plant biology, and cybernetics labs. He also pointed out that there was one lab dedicated to cultural anthropology through an archeological lab.

Upon finishing the tour, the team regrouped in the main science lab. The chief science officer addressed the crowd.

“We are the ones tasked with not only trying to solve the big questions, but also the ones tasked with discovering new questions, anticipating everything our crew needs to know to accomplish the mission at hand and keep everyone safe.

“On a final note, don’t let the name Ares fool you. Remember we’re not at war anymore, we’re not on a warship. We’re here to make discoveries, to peer into the unknown, to seek a broader understanding of the universe and our place within it. We have to be more than thorough, more than dedicated, more than reliable; we have to be the eyes and nerves of Starfleet. We are on the frontlines of a war against ignorance, nescience, and benightedness.

“Like many of you, I was assigned to take part in a war against a new civilization, but that chapter has closed. Now, we’ll finally get to use our intelligence, passion, and imagination for what we trained for. The whole reason I joined Starfleet was to explore, not conquer.

“We’re all explorers, finally getting a vision past our known horizon. This is your chance to desperately chase your curiosity.

“Any questions?”
    AllanHood Medals
    • Starfleet's Finest
      Common (10 Points)

Be a member of Starfleet Operations

Unlocked Thu 02 Apr, 2015 8:02 PM

28.07% have received this achievement

• tlhIngan SuvwI'
      Common (10 Points)

Be a member of the House of Kular

Unlocked Thu 02 Apr, 2015 8:02 PM

13.07% have received this achievement

• To Boldly Go On and On
      Rare (50 Points)

Unlocked Wed 27 Dec, 2023 10:04 PM

• Paragon of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Unlocked Mon 28 Sep, 2015 8:01 PM

• Eternal Servitude!
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Unlocked Wed 01 Apr, 2020 10:08 PM

• Well Respected
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Reach reputation tier 6

Unlocked Sun 02 Sep, 2018 12:03 PM

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Silynn
    • Scarlett
    • KaiserKirk
    USS Ares
    Turbolift, Decks 11 to 17

Jim nods and smiles at the Counselor's offer to accompany him. "Okay. As long as I'm not keeping you from anything, I'm glad to have the company, Lieutenant."

As A'Mand talks about the fleet exercise and the Sixth Wave's presence, Jim's face lights up. "Glad to see all our hard work paid off! The Schirra was part of Red Team for that exercise. I spent my first year out of Academy as a Weapons Officer, not a pilot," he asides. "Why they do things the way they do in Starfleet, I'll never know. Anyway, Captain Kevan, that intense-looking Andorian guy, he drilled us hard on that coordinated approach vector; if we hadn't gotten that right I think he'd have made us walk home."

He pauses thoughtfully at her question of his career path. When the turbolift opens onto Deck 17, he continues as they step off. "Why become a pilot? God, this is gonna sound corny, Lieutenant, but I'll bet if you ask every human pilot, going back five hundred years to the Wright Brothers, they'd tell you there's, I don't know, a communion, maybe? To be found out there. It's just you and the universe. The part where there's another guy out there, and you're trying to blow each other up, well, that's the job. But that feeling? That's the reason," he finishes as they approach the door to the Hangar Bay.

Jim's face lights up as he spots the fighters across the hanger. "Ohhh, aren't you just the most beautiful things ever?" He walks down the row to the second craft in the line. Written underneath the canopy on the side is his name, next to a depiction of his rank pips. Underneath that, in script, is written "Gouda."

Jim turns back to Lt. A'Mand, his hands spread wide. "My office. I wanna check her out, but technically she's Chief Ral's until he signs off on her. Wonder where he is..." he muses, looking around in vain. Tapping his combadge, Jim asks, "Computer, please notify me when Lt. Lechiem or Chief Ral have arrived on the Hangar Deck."

*"Confirmed. Notifications will be sent."*

"Well, Lieutenant, it would seem I'm still free. I'd be happy to head back up to Deck 11, find that garden?"

((TAG A'Mand))
    • Pillar of the Community
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Be a registered user for 10 years

Unlocked Mon 26 Aug, 2019 11:07 PM

34.52% have received this achievement

• The Ghost Writer
      Rare (50 Points)

Be the Commanding Officer of the Roleplay Division

Unlocked Wed 23 Jun, 2021 10:02 PM

0.04% have received this achievement

• Commodore
      Rare (50 Points)

Receive a promotion to the rank of Commodore

Unlocked Wed 23 Jun, 2021 9:11 PM

0.50% have received this achievement

• Captain
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Ascend the ranks to reach the Captains chair

Unlocked Tue 31 Jan, 2012 5:44 PM

0.67% have received this achievement

• Paragon of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Unlocked Mon 28 Sep, 2015 8:01 PM

• Highly Decorated
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Receive every medal the UFP has to offer

Unlocked Sat 24 Sep, 2022 9:00 PM

0.18% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Allan Hood
    • KaiserKirk
    • Eaglesg
    USS Ares
    Deck 4 - Transporter room 1

About 15 minutes away from departure, Sam found that all the tasks he set out for himself were complete, so, he decided to replicate himself a cup of Timmies and wander a bit. He found himself walking the corridors of deck 4. As he walked by transporter room one, he heard a harsh, angry voice

- GODDAMNED PIECE OF TARG'S ASS!! Why won't you calibrate?!

Sam peeked his head in and said,
    - Problem?
    - Yeah, for some- Are you authorized to be on this deck?
    - Diplomatic Officer. I think I am.
    - That's fine then.The officer sighed.This one single pad will not calibrate properly. I'm about ready to biff it out an airlock!
    - Ever think it could be a buffer problem?
    - I..uh..Do you have an engineering background?
    - Eh....only with the one at my place in Jersey. Basic transporter operations and maintenance. Nothing to in depth.
    - The name's Chief Coulson. Your's?
    - Sam Urquhart. Could it be that the buffer is overheating?
    - *Looks at pad that's giving him problems* That could be it, but this thing hasn't been in operation since the refit.
    - Pull the pad up. I might not know much, but I can help.

Coulson nods and pulls the pad up to service height. A small plume of smoke and a very nasty smell came up from the underside of the pad. Coulson pulled out the buffer modjule from the pad assembly and said:
    - GOOD LORD IN HEAVEN!
    -
    Sam took the modjule and examined it. Yup, that's boned.
    - How did it get like this?!
    - Had to be when someone was transporting onto the ship. Forcing a signal into a buffer can do that.

Coulson moved to the operations booth and brought up the log, which was empty.

- Nothing's in the logs. That's odd.
    - Very odd. Here's the hunk of...well, yeah.
    Sam hands the melted mass to Coulson.
    - Thanks for the help. This'll be one hell of a report.

Sam bid Coulson well and headed to the crew lounge to watch the ship pull away.
    ((OOC: This is meant to intro a season long mystery of the stowaway. If not allowed, please remove.))
    JoshBroughm
    JoshBroughm Medals
    • Paragon of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Unlocked Sat 01 Sep, 2018 4:02 AM

• Eternal Servitude!
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Unlocked Fri 11 Sep, 2020 11:09 AM

• Dean’s List
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Unlocked Fri 12 Jan, 2018 8:03 AM

• Stepping Forward
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Going from Clearance Level 3 to Clearance Level 4

Unlocked Sat 29 Sep, 2018 1:28 PM

1.91% have received this achievement

• Ensign
      Common (10 Points)

Receive a promotion to the rank of Ensign

Unlocked Sat 06 Jan, 2018 9:15 AM

3.59% have received this achievement

• Starfleet's Finest
      Common (10 Points)

Be a member of Starfleet Operations

Unlocked Sat 06 Jan, 2018 10:03 AM

28.07% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Scarlett
    • KaiserKirk
    Laxeth got off the turbolift of the Ares, excited to be on the ship for the first time. He had appointments this week with both the Chief Engineer and Chief Tactical Officer to see if some on his theoretical shield designs could be applied to the ship during the mission. After reviewing the ship specs, Laxeth was confident that he could help. He had worked to memorize much of the ship's layout and design during his time on Deep Space 9. He still hadn't met any of the ship's senior officers. As a junior officer assigned to his first Starfleet deep space assignment, Laxeth wasn't sure if this was normal or not. Still, he hoped to have the opportunity to make new friends soon.
    • The Fool
      Rare (50 Points)

Got pranked on April 1st

Unlocked Thu 01 Apr, 2021 7:46 PM

0.46% have received this achievement

• Captain
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Ascend the ranks to reach the Captains chair

Unlocked Sat 28 Sep, 2019 9:12 PM

0.67% have received this achievement

• Paragon of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Unlocked Thu 01 Mar, 2018 2:01 AM

• Tour of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Unlocked Thu 11 Jan, 2018 8:03 PM

• Dean’s List
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Unlocked Tue 10 Oct, 2017 8:02 PM

• Firestarter
      Common (10 Points)

Start a new forum topic

Grandfathered

41.13% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Generator
    • rybrarian
    • KaiserKirk
     –  Last edited by Scarlett; Tue 13 Feb, 2018 8:28 PM.
    USS Ares
    Flight Deck, next to the “Gouda”

”Well, Lieutenant, it would seem I'm still free. I'd be happy to head back up to Deck 11, find that garden?"
    A’Mand’s curiosity was enthralled upon the name of the fighter craft. Without looking away, she replied, “Yes, indeed. Although I have never been enamored by spaceflight per se, I certainly appreciate the idea of personal freedom while also being part of a community.”

Looking to James inquisitively with raised eyebrows, she nodded to the fighter, and then pointed to the word that captured her attention. “I am confident there is a story to be told that demands revelation before we continue our adventure?”

((TAG James Cole))
    • Paragon of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Unlocked Fri 01 Jun, 2018 11:04 AM

• Dean’s List
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Unlocked Sat 09 Dec, 2017 10:01 AM

• Lieutenant Commander
      Common (10 Points)

Receive a promotion to the rank of Lieutenant Commander

Unlocked Sat 24 Mar, 2018 11:01 PM

0.92% have received this achievement

• Tabloid Journalism
      Common (10 Points)

Be a writer for the Federation News Service

Unlocked Thu 28 Dec, 2017 10:02 PM

0.44% have received this achievement

• Host
      Common (10 Points)

Host an event via the Events System

Unlocked Fri 05 Jan, 2018 12:05 AM

0.99% have received this achievement

• Affectionate
      Common (10 Points)

Give positive reputation ten times to other users

Unlocked Wed 17 Jan, 2018 12:02 AM

1.59% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Allan Hood
    • Asteropax
     –  Last edited by KaiserKirk; Sat 17 Feb, 2018 9:34 PM.
    Deep Space Nine
    Old Earth-Styled Coffee Shop, Second Level - Promenade

“Thanks for the invite,” Allan said, “but, I better do the same with the science labs; I need to take an inventory and double check everything's accounted for. Afterward, I'll swing by and see how you've progressed.” Hood added with a laugh.
    Chuckling with Hood, the duo headed for the turbo lift he had seen T'Mor go to. After only a few seconds of silence, Allan opened his mouth to ask a question.

“Do you always carry money or was this a special occasion?” Hood could not help but ask after they stated their destinations for the computer.
    Angus felt a smile creep across his face, reminiscing as to why this dull and old coffee shop was held in such a high regard. Though Ollie died only a short time after Dan, Angus still felt sorrow and grief for his loss. Yes, he had longtime friends but not to the extent and closeness that Dan was, his death completely broke Ollie, and Angus, for all his time being joined had picked up the intense grief of not being with him when it happened. All he knew was that the coffee shop, old and seemingly lifeless was the last happy place his friend was. He never let it show, he never would but that coffee shop held more value to him than even his position as CMO.

"I don't ever carry money with me but, yes, this was a special occasion," Angus replied as they entered the lift.

"Boarding Platform C, please," Angus asked the computer, which gave an affirmative chirp after Hood had given similar instructions."

The two shook hands on the turbolift at Deck 7 and parted ways, Angus heading to Deck 8 after Hood took off for the science labs down the corridor. Hood felt good about his experience with the medical counterpart.
    USS Ares
    Turbo Lift, Deck 7

As the turbo lift came to a stop and the doors opened with a hiss he was greeted by the colourful carpet and cream coloured walls of the Ares corridors. Two crew members were chatting about the situation on Cardassia while loading equipment into a room as Hood stepped out of the lift after shaking hands, giving a wave as the lift doors closed. Angus was pleased to have someone like Hood as CSO. He couldn't wait to work together.

"Deck 8, please," Asked Angus. as he took the pad T'Mor had given him out of his duffle bag slung over his back. Logging into the medical bay files and opening the department crew roster he begun to start memorising names.

// Angus Hems, CMO, Ares Logged in at 10:23 hours //

// Department Roster acsessed at 10:23 hours //

// Loading... //

Medical Bay Department Crew Roster:

CMO: Angus Ethnil Hems, 32 years, Male, joined Trill.

Assistant Nurse: T'Mor, N/A, Female, Vulcan.
    OOC: T'Mor doesn't have a character bio yet so to be edited in the future
    Head of Medical Science: Warren Billy Tyler, 40 years, Human.

Head of Surgery: Sebastian Hunt Young, 37 years, Human.

Nurse:

Javion Hayes Dean, 29 years, Human.

Glecc Yamo Roland Cviccs, 12 years, Congotro.

Mell Sims White, 27 years, Human.

Brook Shaw Pope, 33 years, Human.

Farhad Vesklie Urab, 21 years, Elongated Trandesvirsion.

Klause William Doover, 26 years, Human.

Atri'Contengo, 40 years, Vulcan.

Cvccilellen Graccressk, 25, Andorian.

Surgeon:

Mell Bradley Richardson, 31 years, Human.

Willie Ramos Riley, 29 years, Human.

Owen Howard John, 24 years, Human.

Medical Science:

Isaac Sutton Sauh, 33 years, Human.

Bishil Ventiee Frenklib, 66 years, Aasticlyn.

Cade Oliver Sherman, 32 years, Human.

[Page 1 of 5]

[Next Page]

[Select Page { } ]

// Department Roster closed at 10:38 hours //

// Angus Hems, CMO, Ares Logged out at 10:39 hours //

USS Ares
    Medical Bay, Deck 8

The lift doors opened. This time the corridor was empty. Putting the pad in his duffle bag and fixing the pips on his collar he marched confidently to a door ten meters away, it was the same colour as the walls but had the light blue colour of the medical division. As he approached the door he saw the words written on it 'Medical Bay'. Stopping just outside he took a deep breath, recalled the names and took one step towards the door. It hissed open and the many different faces in the room, all originally busy at work setting up shop stopped and all looked towards Angus. The ones that where nealing down next to equipment slowly stood up. T'Mor was in the group, giving a blue-eyed ensign commands. To kill the silence Angus cleared his throat and began to talk.

"Hello everyone, I am Commander Angus Hems and I am your Cheif Medical Officer... Can someone give me an update on the Medbays progress?"

Straight away he was given greetings all around, the Nurse closed to him, Mell by the fact she had short blond hair and green eyes with a small scar going along her lip and chin. Approached him.

"Excuse me, sir, I can fill you in on the progress of the department?" She said softly, Angus remembered that this was her first assignment out of the academy.

"Sure," Angus said with a comforting smile.

"All equipment has been delivered onto the Ares, and T'Mor has constructed a list of items to be set up from most to least important. So far the extensive care units are operational, three out of the 12 general care units are functional. And almost all handheld medical equipment has been double checked and then put into their designated locations. So far none of the labs have been set up but the Medical Science department just started." She concludes with an intake of air.

"Well then, it seems we have a lot of work to do," Angus replies as he scans all the faces now back to work. "Has anyone gone into my office yet?"

"Not that I know of sir, but I have mainly been configuring the therapy rooms for use." She states as she points behind her where a door leading into another room is filled with equipment.

"Cheers" Angus concludes as he strides to his office with his duffle bag. Several crewmembers stop to say a few words and it takes him almost ten minutes to walk the 30 so meters from the main door to his office. The walls facing the medbay are completely glass but are tinted for some privacy. As he walks inside and the door closed behind him the sounds of the busy sickbay die and all he can hear is the slow hum of the ship. Inside are two white chairs facing a long table with only a computer on it. On the other side was a much more comfortable looking chair facing the medbay. To his right was a wall of completely empty shelving, only separated in the middle by a place to hang a painting or something else. To his left where a larger computer terminal and next to it was a food replicator. Behind the desk was another smaller desk where two small plants sat either side. Smiling as he took it all in he placed his duffle bag on the main table in the centre of the room and unzipped it. Inside were some civilian clothes and several ornaments and personal belongings of different sizes. Taking them out carefully one by one and lining them up on the table.

After roughly five minutes Sebastian Hunt, who was Head of Surgery (HoS) entered Anguses office. He had silver hair and was much taller than Angus. He also presented himself with a certain calmness about himself, as if no matter what you threw at him he could still stay cool and level-headed. Perfect for a surgeon Angus laughed at himself.

"Ah, I'm so sorry I didn't come and see you earlier I was just-"

"Decorating?" Hunt smirked as he pointed at some of the objects set up around him. Angus had put an old antique clock in the space between the shelves. On them was a German SS helmet, A model of A Spitfire and Hurricane along with a Tiger and Sherman Tank. At the very top was a model of Cocarins first warp ship and on the other side a model of a Churchill class cruiser to remind him of Dan. On the small desk was a golden model of a Nebula class and hung above that in a frame was a British Flag covered in bullet holes. Next to the Nebula on its right was a framed photo of Dan and Ollie looking happy and full of themselves on graduation day and on its left was a picture of a young Flynn getting his psychiatry degree.

His main desk had nothing on it yet but he had logged into the primary computer terminal next to the replicator.

"Yeah, I thought I might let T'Mor continue leading while I set everything up... How has she been?" Angus inquired. Formalities where not a problem with Hunt, they had gone to the academy together and still stayed in contact. In fact, Angus had requested him as his HoS after hearing the news of his promotion.

"She has been... well 'methodical' to put it lightly," Hunt said as the two men closed in for a handshake.

"Yeah, you know what the Vulcans can be like, especially in a command role." Angus laughed. "And how is your team?"

"They seem okay," Sebastian said as the two walked outside of Anguses office to observe the frantic workplace.

"Excuse me, everyone..." Angus announced. Heads turned and it went dead silent. "I would like to just say a few words. You all have been selected to join this ship on its mission for one reason, you are the best nurses, therapist, surgeon, scientists and officers Starfleet has to offer. I know for some of you this may be your first mission. You may feel overwhelmed. Don't be. If there is one thing I want from all of you its teamwork. Patients lives may hold in your hands but have comfort in the knowledge that you're not alone. We are a team and together there is no unknown disease, disorder or discomfort we cant overcome. I will be interviewing each and every one of you over the next few days so we can get associated, I expect you to do the same with your team members and crewmen." Inspirational speeches were not his strong suit but he had been practising through the entire trip to DS9. "If you need me for anything my door will always be open." He concludes, some of the personnel nods affirmatively, others clap.

"Now if you will excuse the head of department and myself have to see the captain, T'Mor will continue in command."

((Tag Eaglesg, T'Mor))

OOC: I'm so sorry for how long it took to post this, as you can see it took some time haha
    https://signatures.ufplanets.com/Kirk142.png
    • To Boldly Go On and On
      Rare (50 Points)

• Paragon of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

• Eternal Servitude!
      Uncommon (25 Points)

• Tour of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

• Well Respected
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Reach reputation tier 6

• Dean’s List
      Uncommon (25 Points)

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • KaiserKirk
     –  Last edited by Allan Hood; Mon 19 Feb, 2018 10:05 PM.
    USS Ares
    Deck 7 - Main Multipurpose Science Lab

Chief Science Officer Allan Hood made one more walkthrough of the science labs, while occasionally juggling fruit, an apple and an orange, in his hands before heading to the bridge. Everyone was busy, either with installing/testing equipment, checking inventory, or running mini-experiments deemed worthy by those on high in Starfleet Command. The humming of the science equipment, combined with the murmurs of experimentation, made Hood feel right at home.

Hood personally worked on a pet transporter-symbiogenesis project carried over from his spare-time experiments on Cardassia. He was attempting to use the lab’s mini-transporters to combine the genetic material between an apple and an orange, grown in the arboretum.

Inspired by the idiom that refers to the apparent differences between items which are popularly thought to be incomparable or incommensurable, his goal was to successfully combine both apples and oranges and then separate them again. This way, if there are any future transporter accidents with personnel, he would at least have a working experiment with which to extrapolate.

The only known case of transporter-symbiogenesis occurred on stardate: 49655.2, between a Vulcan and Talaxian, resulting in a one-third Vulcan, seven-twenty-fourths Talaxian, one-twenty-fourth Mylean, and one-third symbiogenic orchid hybrid. Due to the extremely low probability of the occurrence, Starfleet never found the cause of the transporter malfunction, and therefore, never found a way to prevent similar transporter accidents in the future.

Of course, the fruits belong to two completely different species and are naturally unable to interbreed. Though the Malus x domestica and the Citrus sinensis are separated by about 89.2 million years of evolution, Hood found the symbiogenesis transporter experiment conceivable, though difficult to investigate.

From previous experiments, he verified that the lysosomal enzymes, the enzymes responsible for the digestion of large organic molecules in a cell, worked as a catalyst to help fuel the genetic merging process. The enzymes contained in the lysosomes were so powerful that if they were released from their vacuole, the cell would be obliterated.

The science officer attempted to create the apple/orange hybrid by merging the genetic information of both fruits’ sub-atomic particles, with lysosomal enzymes samples stored in the pattern buffer, through the transporter’s energized matter stream. Due to the sensitive nature of the experiment, the timing was also delicate; if the apple and orange were in the matter stream too long, their patterns degraded to the point that rematerialization was no longer possible. So far, Hood could not keep the signal resolution above fifty percent.

Hood stored his two test subjects in his locker with the enzyme test samples and headed for the turbolift down the corridor.

Hood retreated quickly back to the corridor before he ended up spending the day in the depths of observation and experimentation, formulation and testing of hypotheses, instead of on his own personal mission: to find the captain.

“Bridge,” Hood stated as he entered the turbolift.
    AllanHood Medals
  1. UPT Commanding Officer

• Gold Contributor
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Subscribe to a monthly Gold Subscription

Unlocked Fri 20 Jan, 2017 2:03 PM

0.36% have received this achievement

Very Rare (100 Points)

Unlocked Thu 09 Feb, 2023 12:11 AM

• The Ghost Writer
      Rare (50 Points)

Unlocked Sat 29 Sep, 2018 1:05 PM

• Correspondent
      Rare (50 Points)

Submit a Federation News Service article

0.43% have received this achievement

• You Have the Bridge
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Attend a Bridge Commander Tournament

Unlocked Tue 10 Jan, 2017 3:45 PM

0.03% have received this achievement

• Set Phasers to Stun
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Participated in an Elite Force tournament

Unlocked Sun 09 Oct, 2016 4:13 PM

0.08% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    Donated
    £100+
    Pronouns
    He/Him
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • KaiserKirk
    • Asteropax
     –  Last edited by Eaglesg; Sun 18 Feb, 2018 11:28 AM.
    USS Ares
    Deck 1 - Bridge

While stepping off the turbolift with Colonel Kira's PADD in his hands, Matt was quite surprised when he heard Lt. Commander Teriir shouting from the tactical station:

"Captain on the bridge!"
    After all he wasn't yet used to his rank, and with all the mission preparations and those information on his PADD he was quite lost in his mind.

"Lt. Commander Teriir, I didn't have the time to see you yet: welcome aboard. I see you found your station, good. Have you seen Number One?", but before Dyrell had time to answer, he added "Well, we'll see that after. I have a meeting with the heads of medical and science staff in a few minutes in my ready room, would you like to join us ?"

((TAG Dyrell, Angus, Allan))

OOC: I may not make long posts (hi Allan lol) but I'll be answering fast now that I've done my amount of reading catch-up Wink
    • To Boldly Go On and On
      Rare (50 Points)

• Paragon of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

• Eternal Servitude!
      Uncommon (25 Points)

• Tour of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

• Well Respected
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Reach reputation tier 6

• Dean’s List
      Uncommon (25 Points)

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Asteropax
     –  Last edited by Allan Hood; Mon 19 Feb, 2018 10:05 PM.
    USS Ares
    Deck 1 - Bridge

Name:  Bridge side.jpg
Views: 281
Size:  1.18 MB
    The doors opened to the bridge, with officers and crewmen walking briskly on their own personal missions and assignments.

Hood walked across the raised platform across from the door to the captain’s ready room, to the starboard turbolift, to the science terminals. The Ares had two science stations on the starboard side of the bridge, one terminal against the bulkhead and the other facing the viewscreen.

The chief science officer almost sat down to check on the ship’s status, when he saw the captain enter the bridge from the portside turbolift.
    While stepping off the turbolift with Colonel Kira's PADD in his hands, Matt was quite surprised when he heard Lt. Commander Teriir shouting from the tactical station:
    "Captain on the bridge!"
    After waiting for the new captain to recover from the shock of having his presence known for the first time on the bridge, Hood walked briskly over to him, giving his uniform one last tug to keep it from riding up.

“Captain Wilson, pleased to meet you,” Hood introduced himself, “I’m Lieutenant Hood, the new Chief Science Officer.”
    "I have a meeting with the heads of medical and science staff in a few minutes in my ready room, would you like to join us?"
    “Yes, sir, I'm looking forward to it,” Hood replied, “May I speak to you in private after the meeting?”

((TAG Captain Wilson))
    AllanHood Medals
  2. UPT Commanding Officer

• Gold Contributor
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Subscribe to a monthly Gold Subscription

Unlocked Fri 20 Jan, 2017 2:03 PM

0.36% have received this achievement

Very Rare (100 Points)

Unlocked Thu 09 Feb, 2023 12:11 AM

• The Ghost Writer
      Rare (50 Points)

• Correspondent
      Rare (50 Points)

Submit a Federation News Service article

0.43% have received this achievement

• You Have the Bridge
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Attend a Bridge Commander Tournament

Unlocked Tue 10 Jan, 2017 3:45 PM

0.03% have received this achievement

• Set Phasers to Stun
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Participated in an Elite Force tournament

Unlocked Sun 09 Oct, 2016 4:13 PM

0.08% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    Donated
    £100+
    Pronouns
    He/Him
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Asteropax
    USS Ares
    Deck 1 - Bridge

Wilson smiled:
    "I know who you are Lieutenant, nice to meet you too. Of course, I always have time for my officers."

((TAG Dyrell, Angus, Allan))
    • The Ghost Writer
      Rare (50 Points)

• Rear Admiral
      Rare (50 Points)

Receive a promotion to the rank of Rear Admiral

Unlocked Sun 22 Jul, 2018 12:39 PM

0.47% have received this achievement

• Paragon of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Unlocked Fri 01 Jun, 2018 9:00 PM

• Well Respected
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Reach reputation tier 6

Unlocked Sat 11 Aug, 2018 12:03 AM

• Dean’s List
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Unlocked Sun 10 Dec, 2017 7:06 AM

• Stepping Forward
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Going from Clearance Level 3 to Clearance Level 4

1.91% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • KaiserKirk
    • Eaglesg
    • Allan Hood
     –  Last edited by Asteropax; Sun 18 Feb, 2018 7:30 PM.
    USS Ares
    Deck 1 - Bridge

"Lt. Commander Teriir, I didn't have the time to see you yet: welcome aboard. I see you found your station, good. Have you seen Number One?"
    Terirr's throughts went crazy for a moment as he'd never heard of anyone calling someone their Number One. It must've been some kind of human tradition to call an officer that. His previous captain was an Andorian, Captain Vel'tor. He was saved from needing to hide his embarassment when Captain Wilson continued.
    "Well, we'll that after. I have a meeting with the heads of medical and science staff in a few minutes in my ready room, would you like to join us ?"
    Relaxing, he looked back up at his new commanding officer, "I'd be glad to join you."

Hearing some footsteps nearby, he looked over to the source and saw a human lieutenant in a blue uniform coming over to join them.
    “Captain Wilson, pleased to meet you,” Hood introduced himself, “I’m Lieutenant Hood, the new Chief Science Officer.”
    Wilson smiled:
    "I know who you are Lieutenant, nice to meet you too. Of course, I always have time for my officers."
    Teriir smiled and shook his head in amusement. It was funny to him how humans sometimes didn't notice things he would think were obvious, in this case an additional officer in the conversation. But that was his security training talking. His emotions told him the Lieutenant was just as eager as he was to talk to their new Captain.

He turned back to his station while Captain Wilson and Lieutenant Hood talked, lending an ear to the conversation. He knew eavesdropping wasn't really allowed but they were right next to him. He took the moment to download his staff roster from the console since he hadn't had a chance to do that just yet.
    “Yes, sir, I'm looking forward to it,” Hood replied, “May I speak to you in private after the meeting?”
    Teriir tapped his console for a moment and glanced at the PADD he was using to download his information. It was taking longer than he was used to.

~"That makes sense though. The Ares is a much larger ship than the Icarus. I'll have a larger staff than before, so that'll be something I'll have to get used to. A little bit more bureaucracy."~

He let his thoughts travel to his duty roster. He knew there were several younger officers in the mix which was both good and bad. It was nice to have a lot of fresh faces joining the security and tactical departments but he took notice of something from their conversations and behaviors. Many of the young officers, those just a few years out of the academy, thought this division was the one where you 'blow stuff up'. This was technically true but there was more to it than that. He had a hard time explaining to some of these officers that they weren't soldiers; they were explorers who protected their shipmates as they traveled the stars.

Hood turned to see a young Trill, lieutenant commander, waiting patiently by his PADD. He turned and offered him his hand.
    “Good to meet you, sir,”
    Teriir turned around, and accepted the handshake.
    “I’m Lieutenant Hood, the Chief Science Officer. Taking longer than usual, sir? You're the new security chief, sir?”
    "Yes, I'm the new chief tactical officer and security chief. I am Lieutenant Commander Teriir. It's good to meet you."

A light flashed on his console to indicate the download was complete. He picked up his PADD and followed his Captain and the new CSO towards the office. Hood paused just before entering the office to let a trio of additional blueshirt officers go in first and started up a conversation with one of them, a Lieutenant Commander.
    “Long time, no see, sir,” Hood joked, “I guess everyone's invited to this party? How'd sickbay turn out?”
    ~"This must be the chief medical officer. I'll have to have a word with him after this meeting to see about scheduling regeneration therapy for a scar on my shoulder from the Dominion War."~
    ((TAG Wilson, Angus, Allan))
    OOC: Phew! This post is getting long. I'll make a new one for the conversations once we're in the office.
    • Paragon of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

• Dean’s List
      Uncommon (25 Points)

• Lieutenant Commander
      Common (10 Points)

• Tabloid Journalism
      Common (10 Points)

• Host
      Common (10 Points)

• Affectionate
      Common (10 Points)

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Asteropax
    • Allan Hood
    USS Ares
    Deck 8 Turbolift.

The Sickbay doors closed with an obnoxious hiss. Angus had known Young since his first years at the academy but Warren Tyler was a different story. From what he had observed he was a hard worker who would rather just get in and do the work than lead. Hopefully, he would still make use of his team.

Making their way to the closet turbolift Angus took the opportunity to start getting this organised. Turning his head to the right so he would be facing Warren.

"Lieutenant Tyler, sorry I didn't say hello earlier I wa-"

"That's perfectly okay sir, I understand," Warren said in a monotone voice.

"Good, I want to know what all departments will be doing before we take off."

"Yes sir, I have already assigned members of my team to study known infectious microorganisms such as bacteria that may be picked up during an away mission. I have started research into alternate safety measures if infectious diseases survive the screening process during transport just in case." Warren said matter-of-factly.

Excellent, a hard worker with good initiative Angus thought.

"Perfect... to cut time focus on systems along our root instead of a whole sector."

"Yes, sir."

Angus twisted his head around to face Young as the Turbolift doors opened and the trio squished in.

"Young, I would like you to have your team study known sentient alien biology along our root in case anything happens."

"Will do sir!" Young was a natural team leader and he was enthusiastic about it.

"Deck 1, please," Angus asked as he faced the lift room.

"Okay, I was going to outline this in our first department staff meeting but since we have the time I thought otherwise. I would like project progress reports at the end of every week and team reports every 4 weeks. This may change depending on the importance of a project though. I suspect that our first few weeks will be uneventful, the exception being Cardassia. I want all teams to recite Cardassian biology and get equipment ready if people need medical help."

In unison, both replied with a "Yes sir!"

USS Ares
    Deck 1, Turbolift

The lift was slowly grinding to a halt and out of habit Angus raised his hand to his collar and fixed his pips. And as the lift doors opened all of them simultaneously pulled their uniforms down to remove creases. That made him smile. He noticed how busy it was on the bridge. Crewmen of all colours of skin and uniform were walking in all directions. The only person he seemed to recognise as he stepped deeper into the bridge was the tactile officer at her station. And after doing one moreover, he saw Hood and the captain chatting as they walked into the captain's ready room.

"Well so much for goodbyes." Angus jokingly mumbled.

The trio then marched from the lift, through the bridge and down towards the captain's ready room. Angus stopped have reassuring nods to his colleagues and had to stop himself from reaching for his collar. Double checking his figure just in case and then bushed a white button on a console next to the door. The sound of the computer chirping from inside the room signified there was someone outside. A doorbell.

((Tag Eaglesg, Hood))
    • To Boldly Go On and On
      Rare (50 Points)

• Paragon of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

• Eternal Servitude!
      Uncommon (25 Points)

• Tour of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

• Well Respected
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Reach reputation tier 6

• Dean’s List
      Uncommon (25 Points)

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Asteropax
    • KaiserKirk
     –  Last edited by Allan Hood; Mon 19 Feb, 2018 10:06 PM.
    USS Ares
    Deck 1 - Bridge

Wilson smiled:
    “Of course, sir,” Hood replied, “thanks for assigning me to this mission; I been waiting a long time for this.” Hood stepped aside to let the rest of the new senior officers approach.
    Teriir tapped his console for a moment and glanced at the PADD he was using to download his information. It was taking longer than he was used to.
    Hood turned to see a young Trill, lieutenant commander, waiting patiently by his PADD. He turned and offered him his hand.

“Good to meet you, sir,” Hood introduced himself, “I’m Lieutenant Hood, the Chief Science Officer. Taking longer than usual, sir? You're the new security chief, sir?”

((TAG Terirr))
    The lift was slowly grinding to a halt and out of habit Angus raised his hand to his collar and fixed his pips. And as the lift doors opened all of them simultaneously pulled their uniforms down to remove creases. That made him smile. He noticed how busy it was on the bridge. Crewmen of all colours of skin and uniform were walking in all directions. The only person he seemed to recognise as he stepped deeper into the bridge was the tactile officer at her station. And after doing one moreover, he saw Hood and the captain chatting as they walked into the captain's ready room.
    Hood side-stepped, allowing them to enter the ready room first and reached his hand out to the Chief Medical Officer as he approached, happy to see him again so soon.

“Long time, no see, sir,” Hood joked, “I guess everyone's invited to this party? How'd sickbay turn out?”

((TAG Angus))
    AllanHood Medals
    • Paragon of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

• Dean’s List
      Uncommon (25 Points)

• Lieutenant Commander
      Common (10 Points)

• Tabloid Journalism
      Common (10 Points)

• Host
      Common (10 Points)

• Affectionate
      Common (10 Points)

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • None
    USS Ares
    Deck 1, Captains ready room

The Trio were buzzed in and the bright red door began to open with that obnoxious hiss. Lieutenant Hood was standing just in front of the captain who had sat down at his desk. Hood had to make way for the Trio to fit inside.

Hood approached Angus with a smile in which was returned by Angus.

"Yes indeed haha" Angus smirked answering Hoods first two questions, "The sickbay well, It's chaotic but I think we will have things organised by the time we depart."

Angus then sharply turned to the captain, producing his right hand over the table. "Captain Wilson, Its good to see you, sir."

((Tag Eaglesg, Hood))