As with every community, we have a series of rules, which mostly consist of common sense, to ensure we all treat each other equally and that ultimately, we all have a good time. Below is the Federation Code of Conduct, our rules and regulations document.
Purposes and Principles
- 1.1 - The purpose of the Code of Conduct is to ensure the existence of this community, through a set of articles and principles, which are to be followed by guests and members of UFPlanets.com (The United Federation of Planets), known herein as “The UFP”.
- 1.2 - It should be recognised that the Code of Conduct applies to any aspect of UFP, regardless of whether it is the community’s forums or its gaming fleet.
- 1.3 - The Code of Conduct must be respected and followed at all times by all users unless compliance would result in the breach of another aspect of the Code of Conduct. By using the UFP site, you automatically agree to all of the site’s rules and policies.
- 1.4 - The UFP will act to protect its members and the articles set out in the Code of Conduct.
- 2.1 - Any action taken that does not technically breach the Code of Conduct but is interpreted as going against the spirit of the Code of Conduct, may still result in action being taken against those involved.
- 2.2 - The Federation Executive Office (FEO) reserves the right to take any action in the event of breaches of the Code of Conduct, including legal action, if applicable.
- 2.3 - In specific cases, FEO can authorise activity that may conflict with the Code of Conduct but only if it is deemed in the best interests of the UFP and does not breach the spirit of the Code of Conduct.
Forum and TeamSpeak Regulations
- 3.1 - All users must respect and obey the chain of command. Users should comply with any reasonable requests made by superiors.
- 3.2 - Flaming or spamming is not permitted on any platform, regardless of whether the platform is operated by the UFP or third party.
- 3.3 - Use of abusive or vulgar language, imagery or any actions that may be deemed deliberately offensive are not permitted.
- 3.4 - Impersonating another user of UFP or attempting to deliberately give false information about yourself is not permitted.
- 3.5 - All UFP Members must represent the UFP to the best of their ability and take no action that could bring the website or its community into disrepute.
- 4.1 - Posts made on the UFP forums should only be in English. Language spoken in public channels should only be in English. Written content that does not conform to this standard including but not limited to spelling, grammar and/or legibility of text may be removed.
- 4.2 - Discussion of, or uploading of or linking of, any illegal material or activity is not permitted.
- 4.3 - When posting on any UFP asset or forum, ensure the content submitted is appropriate and on focus.
- 4.4 - Behaviour of members required on TeamSpeak is more relaxed, however if a moderator feels that swearing, argumentative or flaming behaviour is becoming ‘excessive’, further action may be taken.
- 4.5 - Respect every user. Speaking to them with intentional spite will not be tolerated and may result in the loss of some or all of your forum privileges.
- 4.6 - Racist, sexist, homophobic or any other inequality-related remarks will never be tolerated and may result in immediate serious action being taken against the offending individual(s).
- 4.7 - Moderator requests should be followed at all times. If a user feels the request is not reasonable or inappropriate, they should bring it up with a superior officer.
- 5.1 - Members are permitted one forum signature no larger than the standardised UFP signature. This is defined as one main signature image, a medal bar and one line of text (approximately 280 pixels height).
- 5.2 - If a signature is deemed as not following this rule by a moderator, it may be edited or removed and a notice sent to the user.
- 5.3 - Excessively animated images are not to be used on the forums.
- 5.4 - Repeated abuse of signature rules will result in personalised signature privileges being revoked [or] removed.
- 6.1 - Continued violation of the Code of Conduct and any other rules may result in the account/membership being temporarily suspended or permanently terminated. If a critical problem arises, a temporary or permanent ban can be put into place.
- 6.2 - Creating multiple user accounts is not permitted unless sufficient reasons are provided for doing so. Creating multiple accounts to circumvent a ban is not permitted.
- 6.3 - Harassment of any UFP user through any means is strictly prohibited and will be subject to action by FEO/Forum Moderators. If content is serious enough, this may result in criminal/legal charges being filed in the country of the offending user's residence.
- 6.4 - The FEO and Forum Moderators reserve the right to edit, access, ban or delete user accounts and profiles at their discretion without giving prior warning.
Data Protection and Copyrights
- 7.1 - The UFP forums are a privately funded, privately operated, community forum with rules to which users agree to by continuing to use the site. It is not an open public community forum where "free speech" is a right. There may be occasions where we need to intervene for reasons beyond the scope of the policies listed on this page and we reserve the unconditional right to do so in order to protect ourselves, our users and the goals of the site itself.
- 7.2 - The directors of UFPlanets.com Limited. are held legally responsible for the running of the community's non-operational company, therefore they retain certain ownership rights of the UFP, if a critical issue were to arise.
- 8.1 - No UFP user is to share their login information with anyone else.
- 8.2 - No UFP user is allowed to share any privately gained information regarding the site/community/fleet unless authorised to do so.
- 8.3 - Any information above CL3 is confidential unless specifically stated otherwise.
- 9.1 - All pictures, graphics, written work and any other classification of unique works are not to be used, duplicated or modified without authorisation from their creator(s)/owner(s). This includes all UFP-related graphics.
- 9.2 - Any attempt to use an asset which UFP feels breaches its intellectual property, by a user or external party, will be asked to cease use of the asset and consequently pursued by legal means if necessary.
- 9.3 - The UFP does not claim to own ‘all’ content uploaded to its servers (such as user avatars or user information), however user contributions that help in the progression of the site (such as UFP branded documentation, procedures or media of any kind) and is provided by voluntary or paid means, then becomes a permanent asset of UFP and is owned by the site, not any one person.