communications relay login

[#53] Which of the following community events would you most like to attend?

Started By:
Mikester92, Mon 02 Jan, 2012 6:40 PM
Views:
Replies:

View Poll Results: Which of the following community events would you most like to attend?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Career Day

1 6.67%
  • Meet n' Greet

3 20.00%
  • Short Story Competition

1 6.67%
  • Star Trek Changelings

7 46.67%
  • Star Trek Episode Night

1 6.67%
  • Star Trek Trivia Night

2 13.33%
    • ...and On and On
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Reach five-thousand posts on the forums

Grandfathered

0.08% have received this achievement

• Highly Decorated
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Receive every medal the UFP has to offer

Grandfathered

0.18% have received this achievement

• Pillar of the Community
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Be a registered user for 10 years

Unlocked Wed 28 Aug, 2019 10:03 PM

34.64% have received this achievement

• Editor-and-Chief
      Rare (50 Points)

Be Federation News Service CO

Grandfathered

0.08% have received this achievement

• Correspondent
      Rare (50 Points)

Submit a Federation News Service article

Unlocked Sat 29 Sep, 2018 1:28 PM

0.43% have received this achievement

• A Heartfelt Thank You
      Rare (50 Points)

Donate over £100 to the UFP

Grandfathered

0.36% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • None
    Reply With QuoteQuote
    UFP PollspacerPlease specify your preferred community event.
    [#53] #167

Ever since the UFP adopted its own TS Sever, several years ago, we've been host to a series of community events hosted by department heads and individual sources. Although the list is quite extensive, I ask that you carefully select which event, out of the six, you'd prefer to attend. Although I understand you may want to attend all of them, I do need to determine which ones are most popular. For your convience, I have highlighted each event from the poll below.
    This poll does not include the UFPAC, as the poll is meant to survey the response of these specific events.

Career Day
    Hosted by Starfleet Academy, Career Day involves the attendance of a command representative from each division and department in the fleet. From there, members can ask any questions they may have about getting involved with a specific area of the fleet, such as in Forum Moderation or Event Planning.

Meet n' Greet
    Getting involved and fitting in with a new community's membership can sometimes be tough and awkward. These new Meet n' Greets, which are currently under development, are meant to include all the new members in the fleet in a comfortable social enviroment. Within these Meet n' Greets, a series of questions, and potential follow-ups, are asked to each member so that they can make their introductions to the community while finding shared interests with other Star Trek enthusiast alike.

Short Story Competition
    If writing is your thing, then i'd definitely check out this competition. Hosted every other month, the Short Story Competition allows members to submit their creative stories to a central contact through a given form. All stories are subsequently and anonymously posted for an open vote. The winner's story is then usually featured on our UFP publication and a paid-for award is also sometimes given.

Star Trek Changelings
    In this TS game, one player is selected as the Game Master, while the rest are given a specific Star Trek role to play out. With two teams working against each other, the Romulan crew and the well disguised Changelings, the crew must determine, through votes and questioning, which members among their crew are the changelings before they are all eliminated. I recommend reading through this page for more details.

Star Trek Episode Night
    An episode night in the UFP involves the streaming of a Star Trek episode or two on a given night. During this time, members gather on a muted TS channel so that that can comment about the showing over text chat.

Star Trek Trivia Night
    Much like the popular game of Trivia Pursuit, our version of Trivia is primarily Trek-based and is played over TS. Members are assigned, by the host, to either a blue or red team. From there, the host presents an array of questions and puzzles, ranging from "Name this Episode" to "20Q." For more information, I recommend reading over this page.

Please feel free to leave a comment below, Happy Voting!
    Mikester92
    Mikester92 Medals